Menu
PC Richard & Son company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

579 complaints
441 resolved 138 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by PC Richard & Son customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PC Richard & Son. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
6:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was looking for a Nikon d7000 and found it on amazon first for a 1199.95 and ordered it there, but later on canceled my order with them because i found the same camera body at ajrichard for 1159.95 with the same no shipping, no tax deal. Turn out they charge you a hidden "handling fee" of 60.00. This charge does not appear on your online receipt nor it...

3:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pc richards complaint Went to pcr to buy a sony led lcd (Kdl55nx810). Good price and they told me they had a few left in stock. Gave them my credit card and they said they'd call to arrange delivery because in the intervening minutes the last one at the local store was suddenly on hold for someone else. No problem, though, because there were several other...

Replied
PC Richard & Son has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On president day they had a sale on a Maytag washer and dryer, for less than half price. We went there, purchased them and set a delivery date. The day before delivery, we called and found out they didn't have those machines and would be unable to get them. They were willing to substitute another machine, a "better" machine, but it wouldn't come in for...

J
6:10 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Called PC to repair Microwave that died after 16 months on a 5 year warranty. Took 3 days for a technician to visit and try to run the microwave for minute and a half and see it is not working. Said he has to order parts.it is now going on the 40th day that they have not come and repaired the micro. After calling and asking to speak to a supervisor Craig...

S
9:58 pm

PC Richard & Son - worst service ever

I will never spend another dollar at pc richards. They sell you faulty equipment, and when you try to get it serviced...they don't show up! We bought an Electrolux refrigerator on 4/30/10. The ice maker never worked. The service department at PC Richard jerked us around for months, finally we think it's fix. WRONG! It broke again, the service dept is still treating us very poorly! The service tech did not show up for the appointment, and then they lied to us & said we misunderstood the date of the appointment. They should be put out of business!

M
6:06 am

PC Richard & Son - horrible customer service

I purchased my H.P. notebook computer (DV71130US) along with a 2 year warranty from the Union Square Store. I started facing multiple issues with the computer as stated in the service problem section of the service and repair orders attached. The computer was serviced the first time in May 2010 and the problems was not addressed or fixed. Due to school, the computer could not be returned to the Bay Plaza showroom to be serviced again until September 2010 and when the computer was returned the issues was even worst. I picked up the computer on September 21st 2010 and one hour later, I was back at the store because my hard drive was short 100GB, my CD-Rom was not working and all the other issues still existed.

I asked to speak to a manager or someone of higher authority regarding my computer and after several attempts via the store intercom 30-40 minutes after the Assistant Manager Ruben arrived to the office. He was very unresponsive, he did not want to hear any of my complaints, or give me any options. He simply stated “that when a factory restore has been done on the system, 100GB is automatically deleted” (I have certifications in technology and this statement is untrue), “and mycomputer has to go out back to the service center because there is nothing he can do”. That would be understandable if he took a little time to justify what is the problem with my computer. He did not access any paperwork or ask questions. He spoke to me like I am illiterate and embarrassed me in the presence of employees and other customers.

On September 22nd 2010, I called the Bay Plaza showroom and asked to speak to Richard Jones, the General Manager to see if he could help me out and once again he too was unresponsive. He interrupted every sentence of mine. He basically stated he cannot do anything about my issue but I should just take thecomputer back to the store again to be sent out for repair. I eventually called the Union Square store and explained my issues and the store manager was extremely patient and answered every question I had. He advised me exactly what to do to ensure I am satisfied to the best of his ability. I was given information to contact Dave. Dave advised me to send thecomputer back to service, however this time it will go directly to him. I took the computer back to the Bay Plaza showroom and the Assistant Manager Mervyn listened to every issue I had and even spoke to Dave directly. Delores(3820) apologized for my inconvenience and took thecomputer in for repair for the 3rd time.

Basically the customer service was so horrible that besides this transaction, I will never complete any other transactions with P.C. Richard & Son in the future, nor will I ever recommend this store to anyone. My family has shopped with your store for years and I’ve heard many individuals complain on several occasion and now I wished if I took their advice and shopped with other companies. I purchased the warranty with thoughts that the service would be reliable, unfortunately I was wrong.

D
Dec 01, 2013 11:51 am

customer service? Salespeople? monkeys from hell.

G
2:48 pm

PC Richard & Son - 6 weeks, no microwave fixed yet!!

Called PC to repair Microwave that died after 16 months on a 5 year warranty. Took 3 days for a technician to visit and try to run the microwave for minute and a half and see it is not working. Said he has to order parts.it is now going on the 40th day that they have not come and repaired the micro. After calling and asking to speak to a supervisor, the rep comes back and says that if I dont want to wait any more for service (they just botched an appointment time), I can get a credit for a replacement but would lose the other 44 months of my warranty! Really, are you kidding me? Imagine a car dealer saying, oh sorry your new engine isnt working, well fix it for you but after that your on your own, sorry about the other 4 years of yourwarranty?! Am I insane, or are they? 2 things I have learned from this experience as I am waiting 4 hours for a return phone call. 1) I will never buy an LG again, and 2) PC Richard and their warranty can get on their knees and kiss my cold dinner leftovers. If anyone can recommend a good service appliance store, please do so, this is a joke.

1 comment

I completely Agree. . .had a problem with microwave convection oven and had to have 4 seperate guys come to my house. Each time telling me the microwave is fine. I finally got them to order me parts for my microwave and when they took the unit down to install new parts they notice motor of fan had been frayed by possibly a mouse. Said cant change anything and i'd have to get new unit. Said mouse ate all rubber off wire harness and the unit had been discontinued. Called another repair place to find out that no mouse ate any wires and that the copper coil never had any insulation on it. He is ordering me new fan motor and the unit should be fine.
Just so you know we had told PC Richards 5 times that we thought the problem was with the fan! Total Rip Off!

R
1:12 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PC Richard & Son - extended warranty

Purchases a Panasonic 32 inch LCD in June 2009, last week the tv started to pour white smoke from top of TV. I call PC Richards they pick it up on a Tuesday, later that day receive email stating that parts need to be ordered 3-7 days. Today is day 8, I call PC Richards Service Department now they say the part MAYBE in sometime next week. WTF. I call CS they will try to track down the date of when the part will be in. Mind you that there were multiple parts ordered a Panel and Power Supply. My wife is wary about taking the tv back because of the smoke issue.

K
3:01 pm

PC Richard & Son - bait and switch

Buyer beware! P. C. Richard had the lowest price on the summit series weber grill I wanted for my wife's birthday... By $250, almost 20%. I worried this was too good to be true, but went ahead and ordered through their site, where the item was listed 'in stock'... No warnings about low stock, even. The grill was to be delivered in 5 days. Sure enough, 3 days later, I get an email that they "need more details" on my order, so I have to call them. They tell me the stock is "low," they have none in the warehouse, that they're checking showrooms for it, and will call me back, "but it'll be at least an hour." why they waited to until I called to check stock, I can't guess. Turns out, they're out of stock on the grill I needed for my wife's birthday this weekend. Just bad business. They've really messed me up, too, on this birthday thing... Won't deal with them again!

Jul 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Buyer Beware! P.C. Richard had the lowest price on the Summit Series Weber Grill I wanted for my wife's birthday ... by $250, almost 20%. I worried this was too good to be true, but went ahead and ordered through their site, where the item was listed 'In Stock' ... no warnings about LOW stock, even. The grill was to be delivered in 5 days. Sure enough, 3 days later, I get an email that they "need more details" on my order, so I have to call them. They tell me the stock is "low, " they have none in the warehouse, that they're checking showrooms for it, and will call me back, "but it'll be at least an hour." Why they waited to until I called to check stock, I can't guess. Turns out, THEY'RE OUT OF STOCK on the grill I needed for my wife's birthday this weekend. Just bad business. They've really messed me up, too, on this birthday thing ... won't deal with them again!

1:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got a horribly defective air conditioning unit that pours out water (As a running faucet would) and pc richard & son has first off, denied me of a refund of the $310 I spend there, and has also denied me an exchange for another, insisting that someone first come to my house to repair the untit. I've never heard of anything so absurd! I can't understand...

T
3:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a dishwasher from PC Richard&Son (Bridgewater/Somerville, NJ). The unit did not work on day 1 and I asked the store to replace it but they refused asking me to first call the service dept. Service technician acknowledged that the unit is defective and offered to try repairing it. But I asekd for replacement as it is brand new and just one week...

2:52 pm

PC Richard & Son - beware of this tactics

Bought appliances at PC Richards, paying off through my account with them, through GE Money. Paid monthly. When attempting to pay the full amount in order to avoid the interest, was informed on the phone that the bill was incorrect and I owed $50 less than the bill was stating. I asked the woman to take the full amount and refund later if this was the case. She refused, repeatedly, and only would take what she said was due. I told her, then, I'm not paying anything else, and I better not get charged any interest.

Next bill said I owed $50. plus the year's interest. I called PC Richard and explained, and said even though I was furious this happened, I'd pay the $50 I did owe, but they insisted I owed the interest. I told them they'd get $50 or nothing. After repeatedly harassing me by phone, they've reported me to all the credit bureaus. They lost a very good customer for $50. Beware of this tactic.

5 comments
Jan 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Over the past 9 months, my husband and I purchased 7 appliances from PC Richards -- 4 for our primary residence and 3 for our rental property. We also purchased full 10 year warranties for each of the appliances which was probably the smartest decision we have ever made since most of their appliances have stopped working.

We have to-date had 4 appliances serviced (3 from our primary residence and 1 from our rental property) and of those 4 appliances, we have had 3 replaced after enduring weeks of waiting for service technicians who could never fix the problem and always needed to either order a part or "another" part.

There is no excuse for brand new appliances to completely break down in 5 and 6 months after purchase. That is typically the exception and not the rule.

The worst part is dealing with the company's Service Center. They are absolutely useless. The technicians might as well be people just pulled off the street and given a job because I have yet to have one in my home who appeared to actually know anything about the appliance that he was dispatched to service.

I have never had an appliance fixed in a single service call, and I had to raise *** about having so many service calls on each "new" appliance before a Manager would approve a swap-out.

I will NEVER IN LIFE do business with PC Richards and if there was any way that I could cancel the appliances that we purchased, send them back and eliminate any dealings with them at all, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Now the icing on the cake is that my tenant's brand new refrigerator has been out of commission for 2 weeks now and we have been unable to get a new refrigerator approved. Instead they were told today that they would have to wait "AT LEAST" another week for a compressor to be ordered on this new refrigerator before they will have a functioning refrigerator in their apartment. Now someone explain to me how a refrigerator's compressor goes bad in a matter of 6 months?

I believe that PC Richards is selling faulty appliances as new. There is no other way to explain how 4 of 7 appliances completely stop working in a matter of months after purchase from the same company.

B
Apr 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Do not buy appliances from PC Richards, I spent a lot of money buying five appliances, they told me to pick it up the next week, when I when to do it they said they did not have it on stuck. Later, after only two uses, the dryer broke I needed service, had to wait one week, the next Saturday I was the last one. They have communications problems, people lie, they blame each other, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PC RICHARDS, VERY BAD COMPANY. I also called the corporate office in NY and they were not helpful, they just do not care for the customer.

G
Nov 24, 2009 6:24 am

We made an appointment to have our TV fixed with P.C.Richards.We took the day off and waited. When they did not show up we called and they claimed they couldn't find our name. Promised to come in a few hours and did not. When we called again they told us they called and no one was home. Big Lie! Promised to come again and still never showed up. We have been their customers for over 20 years! We will never patronize this company again and will tell anyone who will listen not to buy there either.

Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm

I had the misfortune of shopping in the PC Richards store on Rt.347 Setauket without a man along.
I wanted to buy my new kitchen appliances but could not get a salesman to help me although there were three of them just hanging around. These same three salesmen practically knocked me over trying to get to the couple (obviously newlyweds) that walked in the door behind me. Whaattt!
Does no husband mean no money?
I walked out and very happily spent my money at Sears. They were glad to take my $5000.00.

PC Richards will never see one dime from me!

S
Jan 16, 2014 7:53 am

I have been shopping at P C Richards in Enfield, Ct. for two years and I have absolutely NO complaints. I was there at 7AM on Black Friday, there were tons of salesmen glad to help out, the store was almost empty of customers, and there were many good buys.
I went back again this week to get a car radio for a birthday present and return a dryer hose I didn't need. I looked online and it said the store opened at 9AM. I got there at 5 of 9. I saw people going in, but waited till 9:07 and the door was still locked. I walked up to the door, the sign on it said they opened at 10AM. Out loud I said, "###" because I didn't have an hour to wait. I turned to go back to my car, someone from inside said, "C'mon in." Though I was there an hour early, Artie opened the doors to me, I told him about the online hours and the posted hours, he said, "If we are in here and can help you early, we will, even though the store is not supposed to be open." He was very friendly and helpful and did the return-no questions asked! He then turned me over to Lee Spatz who found me all the things I needed and did another awesome job! GREAT Customer service-good selection!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought 3 t. V on pc richard about 6 months ago.in the store of purchase the gave me 6 months without apr. Absolutly no one ever told me that if I would not finish paying in 6 months that finance charger would be acculmulate from the time of purchase. Furthermore I have recieved the bill today and it was a $105.39. I had call customer service and they were...

N
4:12 pm

PC Richard & Son - won't give me a refund for the damaged laptop they sold me

I purchased laptop for my daughter for Christmas. Mousepad did'nt work. Searched online for possible solution to problem. Spent a great deal of time researching issue and found multiple posts indicating this was known problem with this particular mousepad and that it couldn't be fixed. Brought it to the PC Richard store in Edison and told them about problem. They said they would send it out for service to determine if it could be fixed. I explained this was a brand new laptop out of the box and my daughter needed right away. Manager told me it would only take 7-10 days to get it back and if they couldn't fix it, I could get another one. I said since this is a known issue, I don't want the same one. This was the only laptop that had the specifications I was looking for at a price I could afford. The front desk clerk told me that it would be 10-17 days and the manager was wrong. I waited a couple of weeks and when I didn't hear from them, I called the store. They said that it was still not back. Since that time, I called every few days to check status; still not back yet. Finally, when it was almost a month they had the laptop out for service, I contacted the PC Richard Service Department. They said they couldn't get parts and they would offer a credit. They told me to go to the store and all the information would be in the computer. When I contacted the store, they said the information was not in the computer. After several calls and a very long wait, I spoke to the clerk and she said that a refund was authorized, that it's noted in the computer and that I should come to the store. I mentioned that I would be in by the weekend. When I went to the store, after waiting for them to find the information in the computer for almost an hour, the manager indicated that he would not give me a refund. He would only give store credit towards another laptop or another item in the store. I looked at the other laptops they had available and there was one other one that might suit our needs; however, it would come to $185 more than my credit. I asked if we could receive a discount in light of the trouble we'd gone through and they said, "NO." I told them then that I really want a refund because there's nothing else there I need to buy and I really need to get my daughter a laptop. They flat-out refused. I'm so upset that so much time has elapsed. and that I couldn't receive a refund for a product that they sold to me that was broken out of the box.

2 comments
T
Apr 10, 2011 5:28 pm

I purchased laptop for my daughter for March . Mousepad did'nt work. Searched online for possible solution to problem. Spent a great deal of time researching issue and found multiple posts indicating this was known problem with this particular mousepad and that it couldn't be fixed. Brought it to the PC Richard store in Paramus and told them about problem. They said they would send it out for service to determine if it could be fixed. I explained this was a brand new laptop out of the box and my daughter needed right away. Manager James Langford told me it would only take 7-10 days to get it back and if they couldn't fix it, I could get another one. I said since this is a known issue, I don't want the same one. This was the only laptop that had the specifications I was looking for at a price I could afford. The front desk clerk told me that it would be 10-17 days and the manager was wrong. I waited a couple of weeks and when I didn't hear from them, I called the store. They said that it was still not back. Since that time, I called every few days to check status; still not back yet. Finally, when it was almost a month they had the laptop out for service, I contacted the PC Richard Service Department. They said they couldn't get parts and they would offer a credit. They told me to go to the store and all the information would be in the computer. When I contacted the store, they said the information was not in the computer. After several calls and a very long wait, I spoke to the clerk and she said that a refund was authorized, that it's noted in the computer and that I should come to the store. I mentioned that I would be in by the weekend. When I went to the store, after waiting for them to find the information in the computer for almost an hour, the manager James indicated that he would not give me a refund. He would only give store credit towards another laptop or another item in the store. I looked at the other laptops they had available and there was one other one that might suit our needs; however, it would come to $185 more than my credit. I asked if we could receive a discount in light of the trouble we'd gone through and they said, "NO." I told them then that I really want a refund because there's nothing else there I need to buy and I really need to get my daughter a laptop. They flat-out refused. I'm so upset that so much time has elapsed. and that I couldn't receive a refund for a product that they sold to me that was broken out of the box.I would never shop there again.

Oct 02, 2009 10:59 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

That is really upsetting. Had similar experiences with them, it seems it's a one-way-street I'm finished with them!

H
8:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have just purchased a brand new SONY HDTV 40" Z series (three weeks ago) from PC Richard on 317 Route 17 South in Paramus, Bergen county, New Jersey. Within 2 or 3 days of purchasing the TV it had sound problems, the sound would intermittently go off and on. I called the store and they sent couple of installers to fix it. They did not do anything (except...

R
10:59 am

PC Richard & Son - statements

No problem with the dealer, the problem is with gemb/ge money. The payment statements never arrive, I get a statement dated 12 8/08 payment due 1/2/09 in which I sent a payment on 12/22/08, which should have reached them in plenty of time. After that no other statments are received to pay the bill, I finally get a phone call in feburary from gemb to verify billing address, which was wrong and corrected. I sent in another 3 payments without a bill. It is now march and no statement received yet. I was told I would not be charged any late charges due to the error in the mailing address. I called customer service today 3/5/09 to find out about the billing statement for this month and when payment is due. May first billing statement shows a balance of $ 1, 718.04 as of 12/08/08, customer service tells me the balance is now $1, 726.46. I'm a bit confused since the first payment made was for $100.00 on 12/22/08 and then the payment sent for $171.00 on 2/13/09. How can the balance be more then when it started? There are not supposed to be any fees for 6 months. I would like some answers.

N
Nov 26, 2011 5:02 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Interesting. I have never had any problem with any banks for the credit card payment. I have had two occasions, however, within a very short period of time with GEMB/PC Richard and Son. They claim that they never received my payment... and therefore late charges was added in each occasion. I had to call their customer service and told them I had mailed my payment. Then, they removed late fees. I became very suspicious of these two incidents. Now I have arranged an automatic payment, so they can't play that kind of game again with me.

V
10:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have used pc richard and son's ge credit card to purchase some product twice. When I bought this product from the store I was never told that I have pay the full amount back in the promotional period. I always thought it will the regular finance charge after the promotion expired on sept 2008 which was the billing cycle. Now I am charged $246.01 a...

V
3:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a horrific time with PC Richards in NYC. 1 year ago I purchased a refrigerator after the first one I purchased went bad. It should have been a simple exchange since I had a warranty but no such luck. They were extremely rude in the 14th street store and not very knowledgeable. I finally got things squared away. Now I am trying to make sure I can...

12:00 am

PC Richard & Son - outrageous finance charge

PC Richard & Son - www.pcrichard.com

I am a long time customer of PC Richards. A couple of months ago I purchased a few needed appliances that was destroyed in our home from water damage. I was told Before finance charge came into play we will have to pay the bill within 4 months. My problem was not the pay off, but what I think was a rip off. After not receiving the bill balance for a full month We went to the store where we purchased the items to request a balance and ask to write out a check only to be told we could not make a payment at the store we purchased the item from. Recently we not only received a bill but the balance was now overdue and the finance charge was an outrageous $120.00. What a joke. I am so discouraged by this I am trying to contact all my family & friends to discourage them from using PC Richards unless they finance with another bank. This alone will discredit customers credibility. I tried to speak with a GE Money Bank representative about paying my balance in full without the finance charge included, or just paying a portion of it but was told there was nothing they could do. This type of services is unacceptable to us beings that our past credit speaks for itself.

Signed very displeased customer.

O
Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Horrible, horrible customer service! More than one month to fix my Samsung dishwasher machine. Still no fixed.

PC Richard & Son contacts