Passport Office, BangalorePassport issue delay

H

I have applied for a new passport on 14th Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place (Assam). But, now its more than 6 months and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have not yet received the police verification report. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, its very seldom that I get a response from the office. Also, its never possible to ask them a second question about the status and how can I proceed to get any update. The gentleman/lady receiving the call bangs the phone in seconds.
As I need the passport urgently to travel with my husband who would be traveling abroad shortly for a long term, I would like to request to kindly let me know some way to get any update regarding my passport status so that I can follow up regarding the same with the authorities if needed.

• Ve
    venkata ramana reddy kandula Jul 08, 2008

I have applied for a new passport on 12th Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place (Assam). But, now its more than 1 year and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have yet received the police verification report and the file is further processing. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, As I need the passport urgently to travel with my office work. I would like to request to kindly let me know some way to get any update regarding my passport status so that I can follow up regarding the same with the authorities if needed.

• Km
    k.Mazhar Qureshi Jul 10, 2008

sir, good evening si9r i have applied to my passport in the month of augest, i have got the police inquary also i had attend that but but my brokher had given the number that is z06347008 and i want to kniw that is the number is correct if correct than when the passport will come through post...

thanking you yours faithfully k.mazhar qureshi.

shaik Jul 17, 2008

BANGALORE 560029
    To
    Superintendent Passport officer
    Sub: Passport Not Received Till Date

Respected sir, this is Shaik Sanaullah, I am one among the Bangalore citizens who is facing a REAL problem for receiving my passport. Let me keep my conversation in brief I have submitted my application on 8/5/2008.And there were some discrepancies which I have cleared 15 working days ago. The online status says “we have received your police verification report your file is sent for further processing “. Sir I work in Night Shifts so its quite impossible for me to come in the morning to kormangala. I Plead you to send my passport since my company is planning me to send me abroad for business purpose. I hope you understand my situation .And I have been sending mails to [protected]@dataone.in I forget the count how many? Once again kindly revert back ASAP..

• Bh
    Bhanu Srinivas Jul 31, 2008

I have applied for a new passport on Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place. But, now its more than 6 months and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have not yet received the police verification report. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, its very seldom that I get a response from the office. Also, its never possible to ask them a second question about the status and how can I proceed to get any update. The gentleman/lady receiving the call bangs the phone in seconds.

salam Aug 15, 2008

my wife applied for passport last year .untill now she didnot received it .i am always mailing them nobody answer for my mail.

• Bi
    Bill Aug 24, 2008

Hi Friends,

In all of your situations it seems like that you guys havent paid the Bribe to the police people.

The Police person who signs the verification sheet charges 300 - 500 bucks.

Police people's has divided the bribe into two catogeries also:

South Indian: 200, 300 (denominations)
    North Indian: 300, 400 and 500.

After politicians these people are ruining the Country.

• Bi
    Bill Aug 24, 2008

Oops!! sry about my comment...

I thought it is a public forum, so i put my comment.

Please delete my post and dont take it seriously.

Please put the delete option in this forum also, so that self made post can be delete by himself only.

btw all the best for you guys, next time i will remember to check the public and complaint forum..

My intentions were not wrong.

• Im
    imran Aug 31, 2008

police authorities are the main cause for delay in peoples passport, they ask for bribe in police stations
    and they only work for money.. if this same problem persists our india will not develop in future.
    police authorities demand for only bribes. rich people can pay bribe charges but what about the pooors..!!!
    first of all the lokayukta should be strengthened to cribe this problem.

vinay kumar hanaswadi nagaraj Sep 11, 2008

i have submitted all the records but still the process is not going on please check it.In status it is showing that ur file is gone for printing from last one month.Please inform me about that. Please

saju john Nov 04, 2008

i never got my passprt till now my file no ---w014318-08, ite on 13-09-08

• La
    Laxman reddy Nov 05, 2008

Dear sir
    I applied my son passport on 06/05/2008 at Bidar post office file no BNG W04218008 my son name HARSHAVARDHANREDDY Presently my family staying at my netiveplace at AURAD(SIRSI) TQ & DISTRICT: BIDAR.I CHECKED APPLICATION STATUSE AT YOUR WEBSITE APPLICATION IS OBJECTION CONTACT TO PERSONAL RELATION OFFICER. SIR PRESENTLY I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY, & MY WIFE CANT CONTACT YOU PLEASE REPLY BY E-MAIL LET ME KNOW THE WHAT IS THE OBJECTION WHAT DOCUMENT YOU REQUIRED PL REPLY BY E-MAIL

WITH REGARD

File no-W59020008
    DOB-08/07/53
    application Date-24/07/08

Dear Sir,

I have applied for passport since 4 months back but still i have not received. passport suppose to be issue within 1 month after police varification.Mine police varification has also done long before..can you pls let me know the status, when should i receive passport in my hand .so i have to go for visa stamping before 20th november 2008.if possible please try to send before this date.

Regards
    Nataraj Mahajan

• Ab
    Abid Khan Nov 19, 2008

Dear Sir
    I have submitted my son passport who is 3 months old on 15/10/08 when i was on vacation for two weeks from 31 September 2008 to 14 October 2008 and the application form for my son was signed in between this date by me and my wife and my and my wife original passport was submitted to Gulbarga Superintendent Police office for verification before my departure to Dubai and when i check the online status it is showing objection and it is mention there to submit the copy of parents passport and original for verification passport copies i will post it to u by speed passport and my original i cant bcoz i am in dubai u can know my entry and exit stamping by airport authority of India and UAE .I Hope u will favor me and expedite and release my son passport who is minor after receiving the copies of me and my wife passport through speed post hope u understand my situation and sort out this problem and reply me regarding above matter.

Thanking u

File Reference Number : W11631208
    Applicant's Name : AREEB AHMED KHAN
    Applicant's Date of Birth: 02/08/08

SAI DHARMENDER HAMILPURKAR Nov 19, 2008

Respected Sir,

(REFERRENCE FILE No. BNGW04198807)
    Sir, i have received Passport status in that i have been asked to produce the previous one year address proof and also police verification.

Sir, for address proof i have residential certificate, Driving license and ration card and for police verification i went to SP OFFICE (BIDAR). they said that they verified and sent it on 5/12/07.they gave me the file referrene number i.e 179/NT/SP/BDR/07.

kindly go through this referrence number and check. if everything is correct then please send my passport as soon as possible.

please reply if their is any other problem.

Sandeep Apparao Nov 24, 2008

Name -Sandeep Apparao
    File no-W04471608
    DOB-01/06/84
    application Date-10/10/08.

Dear sir,
    I have applied for passport on 10/10/2008 at Bidar head post office.
    My file number is W04471608 as I can see the file status as police verification is not received yet by RPO Bangalore and Status is marked with red signal.
    As verified with the police authorities in my native place, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore.
    Please look in to this matter and let me know if their is any other problem.

Thanks in advance.

• Su
    Sutapa C Nov 24, 2008

Sir,

This is in regards to the passpoort application made by me last month.Last weekl I got a call from the local police station(Madiwala, Bangalore) for verification.
    I was asked for 2 copies of SIMILAR photograph which I had pasted on the passport application form.I asked the lady as to why nobody told me when they called me.She replied that the cannot waste their currency by calling us .I told her infact I had called up to enquire about what things I need to bring along with.She said that they dont have time to answer our queries.
    I really didnot expect such kind of a rude behaviour from her.
    After filling another form the lady asked me to pay Rs.200 without any receipt.The lady also asked me for extra Rs.300 to get the file passed by the commissioner.I refused.
    You cannot argue with police staffs.
    They are supposed be be protectors of LAW how ever they have their own laws.

Can someone answer as to why these practices exist?
    Arent these people ashamed of what they are doing?
    So many people are raising their issues on these kind of forums but I wonder whether any of their issue is resolved or not.
    But those people who are a part of these entire corruption should be penalized.

Chandrashekara N.S Mar 05, 2009

Hi,

I got My passport 3 months before, there is spelling mistakes in the name,
    why it happens like this name ..
    what i supposed to do now ?

anubhat Mar 14, 2009

hi this is anu
    i submitted my passport form in first week of september
    i didnt received my passport till the todays date...
    i think passport offices are closed totally
    or they don't want to work...
    kindly do something for my passport
    my passport no is B14875408
    my contact no is [protected] or [protected]

sharan Apr 23, 2009

Hi, Sir

This is sharanabasappa. s. wale from gulbarga, i have not remember my register number, i applied 3 months back, still i not received my passport, then without register number, how can i check passport status, actually they provide only small receipts, how can we carry that for many days, please tell me how to conform that.

my E-MAIL ID :[protected]@gmail.com
    contact no-[protected]

• Kh
    khaleel ahamed Jun 30, 2009

I have applied the passport on 11/5/09 till date ihave not recived plz conform when ican get

[protected]@yahoo.co.in
    [protected]

Sandesh T Aug 04, 2009

Hello sir,

My name is Sandesh Tikare from Dharwad ( karnataka India). I have applied for passport on 13/Feb/09 and my File number is B19039509, Date of birth is 24/Feb/1985. When I checked my passport status it says police verification. How ever the police verification was done on 18/April/09 and I also went and checked the status in commissioner office Hubli - Dharwar and they said its been sent to passport office Bangalore on 23/April/09. I have also been to passport office Kormangala Bangalore but I am not getting the right/genuine answer. Please help me what is the next step to be taken or shall I apply for a new one.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
    Sandesh

Telephone: [protected]
    E-mail : sonu.[protected]@gmail.com

Sarada chelluboyena Aug 05, 2009

I applied for pcc on 07/07/09 at bangalore office, my file no H01032809 still i am not received pcc.

pcc status shows police verification not yet to completed, but i enquiried in local police station they said they have already send to passport office. Please let me how to proceed as i have only 2 days to submit to the clear offcier.

• Ki
    KIRANKUMAR R Dec 04, 2009

Hello,

My PP file No.BNGW01461609, DOB: 29/10/80

My name is KIRAN KUMAR RAJEGOWDA

But, it is mentioned as KIRAN KUMR RAJEGOWDA

'A' is missing in KUMAR.

KINDLY CARRYOUT THE CORRECTION AS MENTIONED ABOVE
    AND mention my name as KIRAN KUMAR RAJEGOWDA.

Sharanbasappa Dec 14, 2009

Hi, sir
    This is Sharanbasappa S Gotur i have to apply for the passport but in my ellection id card and in my bank pass book they mentioned my name is " SHARANAPPA" acuoly my name is "SHARANBASAPPA" so is there any other option for it, n also my name is not mentioned in our ration card so please i would like to know is there any other option for apply...
    and one more thing i have my driving liecence in that my name is Sharanbasappa is this possible for apply by this please conform me as soon as possible...

This is my mail id - [email protected]
    my cell num...is - [protected]

• Gi
    Girish kumar Jan 26, 2010

respected sir,
    I am GIRISH KUMAR i had applied for passport, my application date is 7/12/2009 and my file no is BNGA02308909 AND MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 14/11/1991.
    its been more then 45days and i dint receive my passport, im a student doing BBM so i am required to submit my passport in my college by january 31st.
    sir i request you to please do the needfull fast.

with regards,
    Girish kumar
    mobile no: [protected]
    id: [protected]@gmail.com

Mohammed Yusuf Jun 18, 2010

Hi, Sir

I Mr Mohammed Yusuf S% Late Abdul Hadi My Daughter Nawal Yusuf File no. U000144 Date of Birth 05/03/04 & My Son Mohammed Uzair Yusuf pass port applied 23/02/2010 at the time of passport came we are not present at the time i am going to Madras for Medical Treatment so we cannot received.I have send 32 rupees self address envalope two time.pease redispatch my daughter & son passport
    thanking for you

With Best Regard

Mohammed Yusuf

• Dh
    Dheeresh Jun 30, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam

Please see the below details of my passport application

File Reference Number : Z75005810
    Applicant’s Name : Dheeresh Manipal
    Date of Birth : 01/11/86

My police verification has been completed on 05th of Feb 2010 and from past 4 and half month the website shows My file is in further processing.

Can you please provide me the update on my application status, How long it will take to get the passport.

Thanks,
    Dheeresh Manipal
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

• Md
    Md.Yusuf Jun 30, 2010

I Mr. Mohammed Yusuf s/o Late Abdul Hadi Passport No. E6213827 i applied my Daughter Nawal yusuf Date of birth 05/03/04 on 23/02/2010 at Gulbarga Passport Office. File No. U000144.

My Son Mohammed Uzair Yusuf Date of birth 26/05/06 on 23/02/2010 at Gulbarga Passport Office. File No. U000145

when the passport arrived at my address H.No. 5/993/222 Ring Road Near Taj Function hall Mecca Colony 585104 at that time I was going to Chennai for Medical Treatment. When i return to Gulbarga i send you twice a self addressed, stamped envelope (Rs.32/-), along with explanation for my absence from the address. sir right now i am working in saudi arabia and i want to bring my wife and my children here so please redispatch the passport as early as soon

• So
    SOWMYASHREE Jul 07, 2010

Dear Sir/madame,
    we have applied Our Mother's Passport on 4months back through post office, after two month Police verification came, then we are waiting till today, even we checked through the website, there its showing still police verification is in progress, please we are requesting you to do needfull to us and issuue the passport.

File No.W182410

• Tk
    T K Gangadhar Aug 30, 2010

My servant Mrs Rmya had applied for a passport on 20/05/10 and her file # [protected] and her date of birth is 05/10/68. Though more than 3 months have elapsed so far her passport is not issued.

I hereby request you to kindly inform her through me what is the reason for the delay.

Thanking you

Sincerely yours

Gangadhar
    Mob [protected]

• Na
    nageshdobi Oct 20, 2010

i am nagesh munirajappa has been applied for passport on 24/06/2010 on speedpost center in wilsongardenits already 2 months please verify it file number is BNGW83019810

Vikasa Haleshappa Shringeri Dec 17, 2010

HI,

I applied for a passport long back (09/07/2010). Police verification also completed. I am badly waiting for my passport. Kindly refer below details and update me soon.

1. Name: Vikasa Haleshappa Shringeri
    2. Date of Birth: 16 june 1985
    3. File referance Number: BNGW21089610

Email: shringeri.[protected]@gmail.com
    Mobile: [protected]

mohd khuram Jan 11, 2011

Hi sir this is khuram, wale from bidar, i have submited my passport form 3 monts before on 11 OCTOBER 2010 TILL today i have not get my daughtres pass port will you pls issue my daughtrs passport immediatly
    file no ;BNGW04276210
    Date of birth;20/06/2010
    my E-MAIL ID [protected]@yahoo.com
    contact no-[protected]
    i request you to issue passport soon
    thank you.
    mohd khuram.

• Hu
    husaini Jan 13, 2011

Hi to all

can u let me know all pepole is posting lot off complents any on tkae any action.

no use to send email & posting this thinks nothink is going to change. I called lot off time no responce i send lot of email to helpdesk not getaing proper responce.
    [protected]@gmail.com

Sanjeevsinghh Mar 17, 2011

I applied my passport on tatkal on Dec 10, 2011. But still i am waiting for my passport. Police verification report was sent on Feb 14, 2011 and its send to Commissioner office, bangalore. I did not get the proper response when commissioner office will be sending to RPO office, bangalore. The executive from Commissioner office told me that it will take one month to reach to RPO office, bangalore.
    My police verification report is uploaded in the www.passportindia.gov.in by commission office, bangalore.
    I am not able to understand why commissioner office will take one month to send verification report to RPO office.

When i enquired in passport call centre no, she asked did you see on your eye that police verification report is uploaded.

Could any one tell me what is the process for getting passport in tatkal. After local police verification how many days it takes to reach to RPO office bangalore.

Service of Passport is getting very bad in bangalore.

Any idea what i need to take action for my passport.

Vikasa Haleshappa Shringeri Mar 18, 2011

Hi,
    File Reference Number: BNGW21089610
    Name: Vikasa Haleshappa Shringeri
    Date Of Birth: 16/06/1985
    Mob: +91-[protected]

Applied for a fresh passport on July 2010. Police verification is completed. But, not yet received my passport. Status is showing as every necessary document is submitted. Kindly do the needful process.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vikasa H Shringeri

• Ra
    Rathina Apr 19, 2011

Personal Particulars form - File Reference Number: A02478509 - Application Date: 30/12/09 - Applicant's Name: VIDJEALATCHOUMY - Applicant's Gender: Female - Place of Birth: PONDICHERRY - Applicant's Date of Birth: 12/10/76.
    -----
    It has been ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application) when I applied for passport in Dec'09 but till so far we have not received my passport. Reference to the application for fresh passport for my wife, Vidjealatchoumy vide File Reference No. A02478509 dated 30th December 2009. I would like to submit the true facts for your kind consideration and necessary action. With reference to the online Passport status, She was asked to resubmit the Proof of address.

Police verification was done on 06/Feb/2010, 20/Feb/2010 and on 21/Feb/2010. Reverification was done on 08/June/2010 and 10/June/2010 due to address proof. As per Madiwala Police record the final report was send to Commissioner office on 17/June/2010. I personnally verified on 18/June/2010 at Madiwala PS through Mr. Eswarappa Ruli and Mr Basha.

I have posted a letter on 14/May/2010 with all copies of necessary address proofs and 3 PP Form. She has also approached Superintendent (Enquiry) on 31/May/2010 but not success. Subsequently, the Office of the RPO, Bangalore vide their letter dated 31/May/2010 requested for personal particulars form, which was submitted to the PRO personally on 01/July/2010. Once again She approached RPO, Bangalore on 12/July/2010, as per the email reply from Mr. Jayaram, ACP Madivala Sub Division Office, stated with Police Commissioner office Sl. No. 19 and G.R. No. 230/10 (Good Report Number) dt. 22/6/2010, but enquiry office does not allowed us to meet Passport Officer. On the other hand Pondicherry Regional Passport Office, verified parament address proof on 11/June/2010. And everytime we've approached we've been asked to submit address proof and a letter from local bank (as address proof) again. On 30/March 2011, I have submitted all copies of proof and paid Rs. 5, 000/-- and received a receipt from RPO, Bangalore. Its now ONE YEAR and FOUR MONTHS (i.e. 476 days from the date of application). I have no idea how long it is going to take.

Could you possibly assist, and if so, could you explain what I am possibly doing wrong, If so, please escalate this request to appropriate person. Kindly help us in getting a passport for her at the earliest and please feel free to contact me on [protected].

Sabapathy

Mahimaswetha May 23, 2011

sir,
    I have applied for passport on 24/12/2010, even my police verification got over on january itself..my file no is BNGW1864311, .while checking the status in net its not displaying...Please do the needful fore me and issue me the passport as early as possible.

Yours,
    Mahima M.S
    application no:BNGW18643110
    #26/B, railway quarters, Manandavadi road,
    Mysore

• pendleton May 23, 2011

hi can you add me as yo firned on her pessssssssssssssssss?

Mohammed Ziyauddin Jun 01, 2011

sir,
    I have applied my son passport on 18/05/2011, my file no is Key [protected], .while checking the status in net its not displaying...Please do the needful for my son passport as early as possible.my wife qatar visa expire on 16 th june 2011 .

Yours,