Oro Goldoro gold cream

I was approached by Oro Gold sales reps on Bond Street. They have a very aggressive marketing strategy and told me that if I use the oro gold exfoliator my 'dead-looking skin' would actually brighten up in a matter of days. I told them that I did not want to try the product but they said if I would just come inside the shop they would create miracles with my skin. The product itself is not something spectacular, not even mediocre. The gold leaf which is meant to get in the pores and cleanse them is too thick to penetrate deeper that the upper 1/5 of the epidermis. The miraculous exfoliation that you see is not dead skin coming off either. It’s the product’s chemistry (the cetrimonium chloride and carbomer) reacting with the massage motion you use to apply it. It is basically nothing but a cheap trick.

As the sales reps (now there were 2 of them not letting me go) kept insisting. I told them that I would not buy the product before reading reviews. They told me that I should buy it as they had a one off 50% sale going on "for that day" and if I would not be satisfied with customer reviews they would be more than happy to take it back.

I went home and read all the reviews about Oro Gold's dodgy reputation and decided to go back and return the product. The problem is they do not seal the products in anyway and later claim that they will not accept returns for hygienic concerns. A little notice behind the cashier says that they do not accept returns and any customer wishing to return a product should email the customer services.

I emailed the customer services. I should note that they do not have it listed on their website which is really sketchy. They did not return my email for two weeks and later told me that items on sale cannot be returned. The next day I went into the shop and asked the sales person for the refund he promised I would get. In a belittling way he said 50 pounds should not matter too much and if I'm worried sick about it he would give the money from his own pocket. He gave me his personal email address and told me to send him an email explaining my discontent. He never answered my email.

Oro Gold representatives circle around different branches so that they would not have to come face to face with angry customers.

I think their business strategies are completely illegitimate.