O'Reillys Auto Partsripping people off

Be very careful conducting business with o'reilly auto parts. Look close at their return policy. If you use a credit or debit card and need to return a defective part, they will only credit the original card. This means if you change bank accounts or credit cards, you will be stuck holding the defective part. This policy is an outrage. They are ripping people off. Go check it for yourself on their web-site. I have wrote a letter to o'reillys and will see just how committed they are to customer service.

• St
    Steven Marquer Mar 17, 2021

Returned some control arm bushings to o'reilly's I purchased with my debit card, I forgot card at home had to drive back home to get card because they wouldn't give me cash and they had to have my card to do the return. And tell me why my money isn't back on my card? I feel robbed.

• Au
    Aurelius Reynosius Jul 31, 2020

Yea I don't about all of you but while I read some of these Pro O'Reilly's comments, I felt like I was reading patriotic propaganda or something to that effect;

"God Bless America, and God bless O'Reilly's Auto parts
    #UpForWhatever#MakeItABudLite!"

Redirecting my digression onto my point:
    The dude that did my return was (pardon my language) was a subtle snot-nosed punk-kid. That's right I went there, and I hate to say it but I'm not lying. He tried to make me feel stupid because I was confused about there social distance setup (it was more like, follow the velvet rope and see where it leads type of deal), and even though I had my receipt and correct debit card with me, he informed me that he could refund my debit card, no cash. If I wanted to attempt to get cash, I'd have to ask the manager so naturally I asked to speak with the manager and this kid had his wit already locked, cocked and aimed and them BAM!
    "Psh, he already went home at 5? Sorry sir."
    Finally to top it off, he "reassures me, telling me that the funds are put back on the card immediately. He looked at me in eyes when he told me this. He lied straight to my face.
    So yea, moral of the story, Modelo is a waaaaaay bettwr beer.

• Co
    Cody 25 Jan 08, 2020

O'Riley's is incredible when it comes to returns.. you must have caused reason for alarm. My ladies steering column was busted to hell and we're broke. However we have the VA ( veteran's affair's) on our side so they bought us the part. But the mechanics needed a column with the harness.. so, I sat there holding a 200$ pair weight knowing that there is no way I can return this because a government agency bought it ( they didn't want to return it) with a credit card.. I figured I would try to see if they exchange if for a starter compatible with my other car. And not only did they offer me a full refund in cash, but the manager even pointed me in the direction of a discounted auto parts place for my starter because he knew I was alittle down on my luck. Love O'Reilly's customer for life..

• Pn
    Pntc2000 Jan 05, 2020

I bought a part that I ended up not needing, ok paid with check, the check has cleared my bank. Apon returning the part, they tried to say I bought it with a gift card (when it says check right on the receipt) and forced me to get a gift card for the return. It wasn't even a big return, it was only $30. That is total bs, I have shopped o'Reilly's now twice and I thought I really liked the store and found my new auto parts store. Well now because of this, I will be selling the gift card and I will no longer shop there. Back to advance auto I go (where i have never had a problem).

• Al
    Al Clemmons Sep 30, 2019

I read this before walking in to return a polisher that had broken internally...a plastic piece of course, regardless, I walked in explained what had happened and gave them my phone number so they could look up the purchase and I had absolutely zero issues in returning and exchanging... I wasn't asking for money in return, however, I'm certain they would have given to me (I used a debit card).

I tend to agree with all of the positive comments above. It appeared that there were some managers who commented and I commend the customer service at the O'Reilly's I just busted (Nashville TN, craighead) I also tend to agree with the gentleman who recognizes that something is amiss, if one presents an unreasonable or questionable request...regardless of motive...a company does and quite frankly, should have policies in place to protect themselves and their customers...
    O'Reilly's has been on the up and up with me without fail.

• Sh
    Shuli Ed Sep 05, 2019

So i still didn't see an answer to my question? I bought a tool at orileys on Aug 18th for 19.99, purchased it with a prepaid debit card that i no longer own, the tool i had no use never opened it or used it period, by how other similar retailers go about that kind of situation is usually as long as you have original receipt and its within 30 days of purchase and purchased with a debit card it is absolutely a cash back return/refund! Does anyone know their policies on returning something purchased with a debit card ? And returning it with an original purchase receipt? Thanks

• Go
    Goalstamp581 Oct 20, 2018

Return Policy at O'Reily's. Google search came up with thread which didn't answer my question really. I don't know what their policy is but I needed a part that was $109. and wanted to get partial credit with some brakes that I found out I didn't need after all. Bought them at another O'Rielly's in San Francisco less than 30 days ago, never opened them and Oakland store would not take them back, not even with credit. Never heard of a franchise not taking back something from another store. Annoying, told them forget it I'll go elsewhere

• Cl
    CL Billy Aug 23, 2017

Funny how "real people" who are "not associated with Oreillys at all" jump to their defense on this message section. Spin it. Spin it. Spin it

• Da
    David Dennison Jun 30, 2016

O'Reillys deserves a "bad name", some of their practices are downright unethical, if not illegal. they play a pricing game and get away with it. complain and you get a lame letter from some flunky who could care less. I went in and purchased some items, including a can of Sea Foam fuel system cleaner. I noticed the price tag for that particular item was missing (just that item) and knowing what the price was took it to the check out. When it was rang up, the Sea Foam was 4.00 more than when I bought it before. most places sold it for 7.98 a can, they were charging me 11.99 and if the price tag hadn't been (conveniently) missing I wouldn't have purchased it. I complained about the price and got the "so what" attitude, and since there were people in line and it was already rang up, I took it (my mistake). The bottom line is I am never doing any business with them, nor anyone in my household, and I will let everyone know what they are about and post on Facebook to let everyone know how they do deceptive business tactics and get away with it.

• Sm
    smarteranu Apr 28, 2019

@David Dennison Must've been on sale the last time you bought it.
    $4.00 less would be a sale price!

• Sh
    shad0w_ninja May 02, 2011

Woh, wait a minute ! First off, it is for the customer's protection ! Not for the company to give you a hard time over a return part. Second of all, your information should be stored in the computer for warranty purposes, in case you lose your receipt or anything. Now lastly, if it is a debit card purchase, you CAN return it without the card for a cash refund. I am an employee of O'Reilly and have had enough return issues come up to offer decent solutions. Now, as for the gentleman posting Mis-Information about the company holding card information on file, that is totally and completely false !! If anything is kept in the safe at any of the stores, only management has access to it, and also you (the customer) asked to keep a card at the store for future purchases. Now, as far as the purchasing goes, Permission for every sale must be obtained before any transaction can take place, management or otherwise. If you had a issue come up with this nature, you should have requested a meeting personally with the store manager and the district manager for misuse of your card. Do not come on to a public page like this one and claim it to be the fault of O'Reilly and its employees. There is equal fault within your complaint. Do not try to put a bad name all over the company because of negligence with all parties involved in the situation.

• St
    Steven Marquer Mar 17, 2021

@shad0w_ninja O'reilly's wouldn't give cash for a return paid with my debit card and they pretty much said no return with out card so I had to go back home to get my card and it's been 2 days and money not back in my account yet complete bs

• Kt
    kt taylor Jul 31, 2008

I am a shop owner who used OReillys on a regular basis. What I didn't know is that after using my debit card with them, they keep this on file. When my mechanic ordered parts, they pre-charged my credit card without my notification. This was several days before the part was in my hands. This is not legal folks. Not to mention how many parts that have been defective that has caused us to lose several customers. WARNING TO ALL...DO NOT USE OREILLYS

• Sm
    smarteranu Apr 28, 2019

@kt taylor O'Reilly Auto Parts does not keep credit card numbers without cardholders permission!!!

• Ap
    AprilMay1977 Oct 02, 2019

@smarteranu If you was a professional customers some have an account that we just bill too. Other then that we dont keep credot cstd numbers ever

Jason Jun 11, 2008

I'd be upset too if a company went out of their way to prevent your identity from being stolen or the wrong person getting your money. You also have to remember that a lot of a companies policies aren't their policies. That particular policy you are talking about is between your bank and the credit card transaction company, not Oreillys. If you think you are getting ripped off, then you must be the criminal trying to rip someone else off. If it was me, I'd be dang happy that they are insuring that I get my money back and not someone else getting my money back.

• Fi
    FiveOhFour Jan 25, 2018

@Jason Your comment is asinine. This doesn’t help protect your identity in any way shape or form. Ensuring someone else doesn’t get your money back? The person Would have to have the product you bought with them to return it anyway, It’s not like someone could just walk in and claim to be you and say hey give me a refund on this other credit card for an item that I don’t have. If they have the item then it should be refunded, if the original credit card is not available and store policy is to not give cash for credit card purchases as a retail store manager i would authorize an exception in all reasonable cases, unless we don’t have enough cash or something. Your entire comment makes zero sense.

• Tr
    Tracie Taube Dec 07, 2018

@FiveOhFour A lot of drug addicts find receipts steal the items and return for cash that is why they require the card to prove bails return

• Ky
    Kyle Hollinsworth Nov 03, 2019

@Tracie Taube You can't steal anything of value and most definitely not the car parts forsure