Orbitzservice

Jul 09, 2019

I don't have time or energy to write a book about "Orbitz", and the terrible techniques used to leave people on hold, pretend that line was cut off, keep referring you to another person, and not give you what you are entitled to !

I'm asking you to REFUND ME $300.00 for the "Pain" and money lost caused by your folks ! If I don't hear from you I will continue to send my story to Better Business Bureau, all the sites that will allow me to post about "Orbitz treatment", etc., etc. I have already told family and friends about you, and it's just shameful. I have read the reviews on-line, and it's not pretty ...it's sad.

The first incident was back in March 2019. Our daughter and son-in-law, Jill and Mitch Wright, had Orbitz make reservation at Best Western Plus Hotel in Leeds, AL (Mar 8-10). They had confirmation #, but when they called to reconfirm the night before, the reservation was not there . . . . they were on the phone for about 1 1/2 hours ...and didn't get support from Orbitz. . . the hotel finally gave them a room.

We also had a reservation for same two nights, Itinerary # [protected]. When we called to reconfirm we were told there was NO reservation. We were on the phone for some 2 hours, transferred to many different people. There was a "yelling" match . . . and Orbitz finally got us another hotel but of course more expensive. We are senior citizens (74 and 75) -- and the sad thing was our hotel was about 15-20 miles from the hotel of our daughter/son-in-law/grandson. We were in town for our grandson's FIRST karate tournament ! and had one car ! Can't tell you how "P_ _ _ _ _ " off we all were ! Orbitz gave us two coupons to use, one being $100 and the other $200 - for our "trouble".

Well, without going into detail, I finally hung up with Orbitz yesterday after being on the phone almost two hours, being put on hold several times, disconnected once, and explanations as to why they could not honor the coupons ! First, could not use for flights. Then wanted me to "bundle" a package for flight/hotel/car...but could only use one coupon at a time. Then I tried using them for just hotel, and was told could only use one . . . and the hotel I wanted was way more expensive than what I could get it for. We have a trip planned for NY 19 - 29 Jul. . . but your folks just made my day a rotten one yesterday. It has taken me 24 hours to adjust. I NEVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ORBITZ AGAIN - I JUST WANT MY MONEY ! HERE IS COUPON INFO:

JOHN / GERRIE BACHELLER - ORB-GOODWILL 200-UPC-ITINERARY, Good until 4/30/2020

ORB-GOODWILL 100-UPC-ITINERARY, Good until 4/30/2020

My address: 109 Van Gogh Drive, Blowing Rock, NC 28605

Just send the money . . . I do have a new lawyer so I will give this to him based on your reply. I mean business ! I'm not going away.

Tracy of Delta, CO Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 9, 2019
We booked a hotel through Orbitz a couple of weeks in advance of a trip. We arrived at the hotel tonight only to find that the hotel is closed and has been for a while. I will never use Orbitz again. It is absolutely terrible that Orbitz would sell and reserve us a hotel room for a hotel without even confirming that the hotel is open for business. Makes me wonder if all hotel bookings on Orbitz are fraudulent. Don't ever book a hotel through Orbitz. They are not to be trusted.
C. of Saluda, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 2, 2019
Pathetic. Rip off. Go directly through the hotel or airline or use someone else. Orbitz is a well known name, but just another scamming company willing to rip you off and not work with you at all. This was the worst booking experience I've EVER had.
Barb of Lincoln, NE Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 2, 2019
We booked two mountain view hotel rooms through Orbitz in June, 2019 paying an extra $10 for each. When we arrived we received two rooms without mountain views. The hotel said none were available and to speak to Orbitz for a refund. I have called twice now since returning home to hear there will be no refund. They have kept me on hold a long time with both calls. My request for a $60 refund was denied for no reason. We will never use Orbitz again.
marjorie of Alexandria, VA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 1, 2019
On the phone, on hold mostly from 11AM-10:15PM, trying to get another flight or a full refund since they booked my connecting flight too close together and I missed my flight. I got a package deal and they never secured my seats. When I called the airline direct, they told me I wasn't gong to make the connection and the Orbitz didn't get me a seat. Orbitz then said I could leave this morning and I pleaded to extend my return so I wouldn't be across the world for 2 days. I said I'd still go if they couldn't fully refund me. Hours later, being on hold, while he checked and called around, he says he couldn't refund my return.
H. A. of Ewa Beach, HI Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 26, 2019
This is my first time using Orbitz to purchase airline ticket, and sadly I had a very bad experience and wasted a lot of my time waiting on their phone line addressing the issue. I wanted to book a flight on Hawaiian airline flying from Honolulu to Singapore for me & 2 kids, I had called Orbitz before booking with them, because I like to confirm 2 things -
Heather of Kingsport, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 24, 2019
Orbitz apparently works with a rental company called ZEZGO. Do NOT book Anything with them. They are out to scam consumers and will falsify information and then place fraudulent charges on your card. They are a Complete Nightmare!!! Go to the ZEZGO website and read how terrible their reviews are and you'll understand they are a corrupt business and Orbitz should NOT use this company as it make Orbitz seem just as bad!
Jami of Spokane, WA Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 19, 2019
Twice I have pushed buy on a ticket and the price changed to a higher price. One time I caught it and the other time I did not. My daughter was ill and in a foreign country. I found a ticket for $948 to get her home quickly. I pushed buy and put in the information. I was charged $1450. When I called they said that they would do nothing. I ultimately spoke with a corporate manager by the name of Cory and he belittled me and made me feel even worse than when I had called in. I have used Orbitz for all of our travel needs in the past. I use to love using Orbitz. NO MORE! I see why they have a 1 star rating. What a horrible company.
Dmitri of San Jose, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 18, 2019
Not recommend to no one, support team is not responsive, not working with customers! Call support never pickup the phone, front desk never pickup the phone etc etc, tried to change reservation, nothing, not helped..
K. S. of Huntersville, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 16, 2019
Wasted over 1hr 30 on the phone w/ untrained consumer service. I requested a supervisor who wanted to charge over $200 to rebooked a flight the same day. This was ENTIRELY the fault of Orbitz who someone from corporate named Amy boldface lied & blamed on American Airlines saying the flight was cancelled due to maintenance & they aren't booking w/out over $200 charge. However, it was verified it was due to overbooking. The 2nd flight that was cancelled for maintenance which we were not liable for at all. I contacted American Airlines & they w/out hesitation got a flight scheduled. No fee.

HELPFUL 5 people found this review helpful
Rated with 2 stars
N of Columbus, IN Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 6, 2019
Hotel room cost $188.00 per night through Orbitz. It only cost $150.00 per night at hotel. I've always used Orbitz and was happy. I will try to book directly with hotel from now on. Also, hotel was overpriced. Did not meet the standard that I expected.
Jasmine of Oswego, IL Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 5, 2019
I have been a consumer of Orbitz for years. I have booked numerous flights for myself, family and friends and while creating them their own profiles. My family used to tell me I should be a spokesman for Orbitz travel site because I am always on their app searching for the best deals. June 1, 2019 my experience with Orbitz has completely removed my interest in the company. To summarize, I booked a flight for American Airlines Chicago-Vegas as a cute girls trip. I recently had a baby so I was so excited to get away for a weekend and relax and have some girl time. I was able to secure a decently priced flight since I purchased close to my departure date.
HELPFUL 7 people found this review helpful
Danita of Orlando, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 31, 2019
I booked a car rental on Thursday with Orbitz to be picked up on Tuesday at the Orlando international Airport. I paid for the insurance and they had my driver's license information. Since it was Memorial Day weekend I called first thing Tuesday morning and spoke with Orbitz and Alamo to confirm everything was good and that all I needed to pay was the $136 when I arrived. When I showed up to get my car I handed the attendant my driver's license and debit/credit card from SunTrust. The attendant basically threw my cards back at me and said, "We can't rent to you. You're a Florida resident". I asked him to explain why and he said it doesn't matter he couldn't help me and called for the next person in line. I then called Orbitz and said what had just happened and the response I got from Orbitz was, "Oh yeah that's right." I asked, "Why did you take the booking then if you knew that they wouldn't be able to rent the car."
Nandini of Irving, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 25, 2019
I had booked a flight from Dallas -> Miami -> London -> Bengaluru. The flight was leaving from Dallas on 5/24. I checked in on 5/23. I was at the airport on 5/24 but I was not allowed to board because I did not have a stamp on my VISA. I had all valid documentation and was going to India to get the stamp. So I missed all the legs of my flights. I called Orbitz my booking company. They called British Airways. Net net:
Saleem of Lilburn, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 23, 2019
Lack of service. No responsibility. No experience when it come to service. The agent don't even put supervisors on phone. They were polite and courteous before booking. I promise not to use your service in future.
Stacey of Ramsey, MN Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 19, 2019
There was a mistake from day 1 and it took me several phone calls, and several hours to try to get it corrected. It never was corrected and to be honest we went to the airport to come home, not knowing we even had a ticket to come home! Sun Country had to look into it and do some changing. Never will I use Orbitz again.
Alex of Sagebrush Ct, ON Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 18, 2019
I have been using Orbitz for many times and for different things like hotels flights and cars. Recently I booked a car on your website. Itinerary number **. I had a few questions regarding my booking. So I called Orbitz. I am sure you can check record. My questions was about how to use your app to book cars and additional coverage. All I needed was just simple answers. When I called immediately customer rep was rude and blamed me for taking up his time. Then he refused to explain and hang up.
Rick of Kent, WA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 16, 2019
Checking rates for a hotel, I was led into a multi-level bait and switch operation. They quoted rates and then refused to let me use them. They offered coupon codes but no place to enter them. They promised no credit card required, and of course they required cc prepayment. They overcharged on Travel Insurance. Customer Care lied to me. And their Travel Insurance basically guaranteed you the room you just paid for...so they take your money for a so-called discount price and you have to pay extra to be certain they didn't rip you off. That's chutzpah!
Jessica of Edmonton, AB Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 15, 2019
I had an airline credit to be used before July, 2019. I had two phone conversations and an email confirming the same. I booked a flight to London, UK on May 4. I received an email travel document. I also received a second email stating the flight details were below - with no details below. I called twice and sent two more emails to confirm my flight. A grand total of 12 HOURS were spent on hold/talking to people/getting referred to supervisors ~ only to find out they had never issued the ticket, and wanted to argue with me AGAIN over my flight credit, despite having email documentation FROM THEM for the credit, and the newly booked flight.
Moe of Mission Viejo, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 14, 2019
When buying "cancellation" insurance, know that if you buy a package that has differing airlines; one for departure and one for return and the departure airline cancels their flight, you will have no recourse for the money you'll be out upon the forced cancellation of your returning flight. Follow this: bought a package from Orbitz that included a departure flight with American and a return with Delta. American ended up canceling our departing flight due to weather. In turn we had to cancel our returning flight with Delta - never got to our destination. American did refund us our tickets, but Delta did not. I had bought "cancellation" insurance only to find out this cancellation reason is NOT covered. So, beware of this "fine" print. Orbitz didn't exactly spell this out when they suggested I buy cancellation insurance.
HELPFUL 5 people found this review helpful
Brian of American Fork, UT Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 12, 2019
I purchased last week RT tickets from Orbitz. I was sent a confirmation email soon thereafter. A few days later I took my departure flight, while at the hotel the night before I was to return I checked the same email and noticed there was not a return flight attached. I checked my trash and spam and found no notice for my return flight. I tried calling Orbitz and waited for over 30 minutes. No one would answer the phone!! After checking my email and calling the airline I departed with, they — Jet Blue, knew nothing about my return flight. So, I booked a return flight home costing me an additional $67.
David of Butte, MT Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 11, 2019
Booked a flight it was to be on Delta, received the email details 28 hrs later half the flight on Delta and the other half on United. By the way you have to cancel in 24 hrs. They admitted there was a computer glitch. Was on the phone 4 hrs, with their people. To correct the error was going to cost them. In the end they would not help!
Jessica of Allen, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 8, 2019
I booked a package for three people to go to Vegas for three nights with flight and hotel. I thought well just in case I got the Insurance Protection Plan. Little did I know a couple weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I called Orbitz to cancel the package and was told that that the insurance did not cover the flights and that they were non-refundable. I got a credit on the flights to Vegas, however, I would have to pay a $60 rebooking fee PER ticket. The flights coming back would be refunded if I could give a certificate from my doctor that I was not able to fly. I will never use the company again! What was the point of paying for the insurance if it did not do anything?! The hotel I could cancel at any time without the insurance.
Shelly of East Longmeadow, MA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 8, 2019
I had to cancel a trip due to illness in September. I had purchased trip insurance and called to make sure I could use the airfare credit at a later date. I was told on the phone that I had one year to use the credit but when I tried to claim the credit for a future trip the following September I was told it was only good for a year from the date of purchase!!! I should have been told this when I cancelled the trip but I was ASSURED it was good for a year from the date of trip. I will never go through them again.
Gina of Azle, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 3, 2019
Very bad experience. Due to my husband deployment we had to cancel/postpone his fly ticket. You will think that paying extra for Orbitz and having a protection/cancelation plan, you will have more flexibility but in reality is not like that. They will never refund your money and also they will charge you extra when you will use the credit points or for any additional transaction. In our case, the British Airlines contacted them, asking for a military clause and the Orbitz refused any cooperation or collaboration with them. So, when my husband got back from the deployment, after 6 months, we've tried to use the voucher to reschedule the trip.
Diane of New York, NY Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 22, 2019
I purchased the Flight Protection Cancellation Plan for a r/t flight through Orbitz and had to cancel for medical reasons. At that time I received a credit voucher of only $181.20 for a trip that cost $365.51! How did they arrive at that number? But it gets worse - the reps said I would have to pay a $200 rebooking fee to cash in the voucher on another trip. Pay an additional $200 to access $181.20?? I'm so angry that I paid for a trip I couldn't take, with a "Travel Protection Cancellation Plan" that does not pay out when you do, in fact, cancel a flight with a covered condition as clearly stated in the terms of the policy. There were no caveats or cautions explained on the website when I booked the flight, and the least they can do is reimburse me for the damn $26 premium I paid for "travel insurance". This is a swindle and I will not be fooled again.
HELPFUL 6 people found this review helpful
Not sure about Orbitz?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.
Zip Code
GET MATCHED NOW
Orbitz expert review by ConsumerAffairs
Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.
Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.
Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.
Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.
Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.
Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.
Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.
Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs