Oomaooma fcc fee & other fee's

Purchase Ooma Phone Service, bought the Telo, 2 HD cordless Handsets, and paid for my service for the whole year in advance to avoid worrying about a monthly bill, but what I did know is that the keep charging you every month Regulatory Compliance Fee $1.78, 911 Service Fee $1.59, and a Federal Universal Service Charge and Regulatory Fees $0.45. Now when I talked to their sales rep when I purchased everything, I asked by me paying for the year service for a year in advance this will include all fees right and their rep answered yes and by you going ahead and paying your service for a year in advance entitles you to a free HD Cordless all you do is pay for shipping and handling. I said okay. The next month while trying to make a phone call I received a message stating, their seems to be problem with your billing information please give us to avoid any other interruptions to your service. So I called into Customer Service and told them I got message from your system that there is a problem with my billing information, and the rep said yes I answered How?? When I paid for my for a year...He said well you paid for your service for a year, but because Regulatory Compliance Fee, 911 Service Fee, and a Federal Universal Service Charge and Regulatory Fees are subject to change we have to bill you monthly. That's BULL I had other VOIP services and paid either for a year to two years ahead and taxes and regulatory fees were all paid within those transactions. Think twice before purchasing the call quality is not they claim they even claim this by having you listen audio file on line, but everyone I have called said they have a hard time hearing me or it breaks up and I have a high end connection.

James Harwell Dec 05, 2014

My experience is similar and after confronting the rep with this info and claiming fraud, he disconnected me. When I called last month after getting these messages that my credit card wouldn't go through, I called to tell them I had paid $99.00 in advance. Oh, he had no record of that payment but not to worry, he could let me have the same thing for only $63.72 for the whole year. Fine, I say. Now this month, he tells me, oh, your monthly fees are and additional $3.81 per month. When I say "BULL", he disconnects.
    I see a class-action suit coming.

• Bi
    billtab1 Nov 01, 2010

I purchased and received an Ooma Telo 3-weeks ago. The power adapter does not fit the unit, and therefore I am not able to power up the unit, and Ooma has been unresponsive in correcting the issue.