Oncor Meter Readerattempted to gain access into home

M

Meter reader "roger b" - the only name that oncor will provide me with - from oncor attempted to follow me into my open garage on the afternoon of january 6, 2009. He did not identify himself, there was no work truck visible. Nor did he come to the front door as a normal professional person would have done. Because I was threatened by his actions and feared for my safety and the safety of my child, I called 911 and set off my alarm at home. At no time while I was waiting for the cops did he ever come to the front door, he instead hid in the bushes while the cops were on their way! Is this what a normal meter reader would do?? When the police showed up, they simply told me, "he's the meter reader." I told them I didn't care who he was, he had no right to follow a woman into her garage and gain access into someone's home this way! I have a copy of the police report and filed a complaint against oncor with the puc. I fully expect oncor to send me a written apology along with a check for $75.00 which was the charge assessed to me by my local emergency response team. This meter reader, by his unprofessional (criminal??) actions, set off a chain of events that directly caused me to incur this $75.00 charge. All he had to do was come to the front door and ring the doorbell. He obviously had some other agenda than just talking by trying to follow a woman into her open garage! I am glad that I called 911 and will do it again if he tries that again, even probably go after him with mace if he tries to harm me again. Women of north richland hills beware of this meter reader who tries to follow women into their garages!!!

• Me
    Meter Reader Jul 23, 2010

OGE Meter Reader: The Meter Reader should have asked your permission to enter the garage. However, it is clearly posted on the electric bill when Meter Readers will be on your property, and we need access to your meter if you want a accurate reading(unless you want an estimated bill). Do you keep your trask cans behind locked gates and expect the garbage people to dump your trash? You have every right to move your meter base and meter out to a right of way easement so we can have access to the meter.

• Aw
    awu316 Mar 03, 2010

Obviously this guy wasnt following proper procedures. I was an Oncor meter reader but got promoted to someone who'll shut your power if you dont pay your bill. Ive almost got into fist fights for customers who dont pay their bill and think Im the bad guy. Im just doing my job. How would you like for someone that you provide services too to tell you how to do your job? Anyways, the guy who couldnt get access to test the meter, doesnt mean the reader cant read it. If you cant hunt with a scoped rifle then you can read a meter in an alley over a six foot fence.

• La
    lacao Jan 26, 2010

I would have let him follow me into the garage and shot his behind, that would have taught him a lesson he would have never forgotten!! I just filed a complaint with the PUC also, as I was told to get in line with all the other people complaining about oncor meters. I was told that I used almost 4000 KWH's in a week. They claim it was a month but no one was home for 3 of the 4 weeks.

• Un
    Uncle Ruckus Jan 21, 2009

Well Well! So you had a bad Oncor experience, huh? My patience with Oncor is beyond reconciliation. Last month I received a $360 electric bill for my 700 sq ft home! Nothing changed as far as our usage at home. My wife and I still go to work all day during the week, leaving everything turned off. No fancy Christmas lights or Holiday company. But according to good ol' Oncor, our usage more than DOUBLED! We've never had a bill anywhere close to that.
    So, when I called and requested a meter reader to test the meter, he left a note on the door saying he couldn't access it because it's in the backyard and the 6 foot fence is inaccessible from outside. That's right you genius! So then explain to me how you all have been READING THE METER all these months if you can't even access it??? Their response? We use a telescope. So I have no rights. I have to pay the bill because ONCOR says its accurate. ABSURD! This company has a history of doubling peoples usage whenever we get hit with cold weather and then LYING saying they read the meters when they really didn't!
    My point: ONCOR IS A SCAMMING DISPICABLE COMPANY and ONCOR METER READERS DON'T DO THEIR JOB LIKE THEY SHOULD!!!