Olive Gardenservice dogs allowed in restaurant and at table

J Jan 12, 2018

I am a frequent customer of Olive Garden and was dining this evening with my family when a customer came in the dining area with his service/comfort dog and proceeded to sit at a table with it. I am completely disgusted and find it to be very unsanitary for the restaurant to allow animals in a place of business that serves food. Never mind the many other issues having a pet in a restaurant that could arise, such as is the pet clean, i.e. does it have fleas, is the animal healthy, many people have allergies to animals and could end up sick from just sitting near the animal. I complained to the manager who was very apologetic, however, I explained to her that because Olive Garden allows service pets in their restaurant and at the table, I will never eat at this restaurant again.

• Su
    Sulphur7 Jan 13, 2018

Are you new to Earth? Federal Law requires all businesses to allow service animals. They are not pets, as pointed out to you. If you don't like it, then you will have to leave, not the service animal. The law is on THEIR side, not yours. Please do a little research and educate yourself.

• Re
    RealtorGoneBroke Jan 15, 2018

You’re worried about fleas or dirt from a dog? You’re obviously not well educated on health and/or the environment let alone food. I’d be more worried about that than the cleanliness of a service animal. Get over yourself!

sarahnsue Jan 20, 2018

@JuIiemrdth
    Your right...they should just stay home, how disgusting that they want to go out in public! They can always order in. Now lets be clear. When I say THEY I mean people like YOU! I am embarrassed that you are even the same species as me. I hope you read all these comments and change your barbaric attitude. Olive Garden's manager should have smiled politely and shown you the door!