Ocwen Loan Servicingscam and fraud!

I have had dealings with mortgage lenders in the past but dealing with ocwen is horrible. When I purchased my home in 2006, my loan was sold off to ocwen after a few months. About two months later the problems with ocwen started. They claimed that they did not have documentation showing that I had homeowners insurance. I called them immediately. The person I spoke to had trouble understanding and spoke broken english. I explained to them that I do have insurance and I will fax them a copy. After faxing it 3 times and sending a copy by certified mail, they finally received it. I spent at least 3 hours on the phone over a 3 week period trying to get them a copy of my insurance information.

In early 2007 the drama continued. Taxes were due and I thought by having an impound account I would not have to worry about my taxes getting paid. Well, with ocwen it appears you have to worry about everything and you are never at ease as long as you do business with them. I forwarded several tax bills that were due because they claimed they did not receive the bills (By the way, the tax department is a not part of ocwen, at least that's what they claim) after faxing the bills in february and sending the bills by mail they were not paid and late fees on my property taxes began to accumulate. I spent at least a total of 4 hours talking to ocwen, faxing ocwen, mailing ocwen, in an effort to get these taxes paid. They finally paid the tax bills in april. They took late fees out of my impound account and never reimbursed me after they told that they are responsible for the late fees.

Now we are in 2008 and taxes are due again. As soon as the bills came I sent them certified mail. I tried to fax the bills also but after several attempts to fax from home and several attempts to fax from office depot the line was always busy so I gave up. At this point I dreaded the worst, my taxes probably have not been paid and I will have to go through the same process as last year.

Currently I am receiving two calls a day from ocwen regarding my mortgage payment which has never been late. I recently called to ask them to put me on their do not call list because they have no reason to call me my account is current and I am never late, the csr said she would remove me, but the calls have not stopped.

I would like desperately to get out of this loan with ocwen, it has been very stressful and time consuming dealing with such a inept company. After reading all these stories I am concerned about my well being.

• Ic
    Iceman32 Mar 26, 2008

Ocwen purchased our second lien without our knowledge so when we sent in the check like we normally do, on time, our first loan company misapplied our payment to a different account. They realized the mistake but they realized it three days after the sale of our second lien to Ocwen so they couldn't reapply the funds. Select Portfolio has been great and has tried everything to help us get the payment straight with Ocwen but with no success. We have had several calls with Ocwen. We have had two conference calls with Select Portfolio and Ocwen in which Select Portfolio ripped them apart for not having their business together. Select Portfolio overnighted them a check and even with the tracking number and who signed for it they couldn't find it. Miraculously they later found it and SENT IT BACK to Select Portfolio. This began in October so every check we've sent Ocwen since they have posted to the current month and not the coming month as stated on the memo line. They are reporting us as slow or late pay to the credit companies and have been completely incompetent or unwilling to credit the check from Select Portfolio as an on time October payment and correct all of the mis-posted payments and fix our credit. This has been a 5 month nightmare. I can't say enough about how great Select Portfolio has been through this process just as I can't say enough about how awful Ocwen has been. If you ever have a choice on a mortgage company, life insurance company or any other financial company never choose Ocwen. If you ever get anything soliciting a service in the mail from Ocwen throw it in the trash before you ever even open it. You can thank me later.

• Li
    Lisa Apr 25, 2008

I have had the same problems with OCWEN. I turned them into several places they fought me. I have a stack of documentation showing that they didn't pay my homeowner's insurance or taxes and my homeowner's insurance was cancelled. In a panic I signed on to another company and they billed OCWEN low and behold they paid both the one cancelled and the new one and then raised my house payment to where I couldn't afford it. If it wasn't for credit I would give them back the house because I hate dealing with them. They can be rude and inconsiderate and put the blame back on you for their faults!!! My house payments were raised beyond what I could afford and it put me in a financial situation and now I am behind on all my other bills and of course they won't do anything to compensate for the troubles. I now pay my own taxes and insurance because I can make mistakes on my own, I don't need a corporation doing it for me!!

• Re
    REGINA MONTIGNEY May 07, 2008

like ever one says ocwen is a rip off .i am going to fight this what ocwen and his lawyer did was wrong and i like to know how they got away with it.the loan company or bank buys our home back for a 100.00 dollars i am going to write to ever one until i get answers. the judge set aside our home and they worked around it and i like to know why and add more charges to the loan i hope yous dont give up fight back to save your homes god ble you all write to the GOVERNOR .OCWEN WAS GOING TO WWORK SOMETHING OUT WITH MY HUSBAND TO SAVE THE HOME AND THERE LAWYER shapiro &fishman, llp auction our home off with out us knowing it ocwen is a rip off and who iss hsbc bank.my husband loan was with ocwen not hsbc bank good luck to all

mapiscor Jun 11, 2008

To some extent that's true, getting what you want from any mortgage is not a pice of cake. When a loan is transfered from one company to other, the lender dont need to consult the customer where they are transferring the loan to but they need to inform you that its gonna be transfered to such and such company and its the responsibility of the new servicer to inform the customer that the loan has been transferred to them and the new servicer has the right to do so within 60 days of the transfer. When a loan is transferred the new servicer cannot report you to the credit bureau as late or delinquent within the 60 days period provided ur loan was absolutely current with the prior servicer. I agrree with the insurance problem as there's always confusion when loans are sold, but when it comes to escrow..if ur account is escrowed its the duty of the servicer to pay the tax or ins...and if there's ""any penalty assessed by the county the servicer will have to pay for it and the customer has no right to claim that amount as no part of the customer escrow amount is used for paying the penalty "".

I was in a mortage industry since 2004-2007 and took active part in trying to minimize errors. But to be honest out of the research that was done due to customer complaints only about 5% is just. I quit the job due to the fact that working in a mortgage industry..we deal with people's live, some are left homeless because of FC, ...you know that the customers are at fault, they failed to oblidged the contract that was signed, they are irate, its their fault..but end of the day they are loosing their homes, their livelyhood, and there's nothing you can do about it ...all the company wants is to make profit...no human heart...I just cant take the pressure anymore of seeing helpless people. so i had to say bye bye.

I want to help people (not financially) who genuinely know that they are right but doesnt understand anything about the what the loan doccument says... if any one needs my help and if they want to consult me.. you may contact me directly at http://lonelymizo.com through the contact form.

P.N. We are non profit and voluntary, and are not legally trained, but ex-employees of mortgage companies and pls do not expect a response like paid professional help but we'll try our best.

• Un
    Unhappy SLS Client Jan 07, 2017

@mapiscor I'd be interested in talking to you...regarding my OCWEN situation. Do you have an email address? Thanks!

• Ne
    needhelpinaz Feb 14, 2018

@mapiscor I HAVE SOME FRIENDS THAT ARE LOSING THERE HOUSE TO THESES PEOPLE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF YOU COULD HELP THEM .

• Gi
    Gina De Guzman Aug 06, 2008

Our original mortgage company sold our loan to this company Ocwen with out our knowledge. We are always on time but since our loan has adjusted we are struggling to make our mortgage payments. We have tried to contact them numerous times to request a loan modification but they are un willing to work with us. I have worked so hard to purchase this home and even put 50K down payment. I contacted an attorney but they told me that their is nothing that they could do.

My co-worker was in a similar position as mine but she was able to modify her loan using this company homersaverprogram.org. I contacted them and initially I did not think they could do much at all since an attorney already told me I had no chance. But to my surprise they said they could help. After a few weeks of working with this company, I received a letter from Ocwen with the details of my loan modification. I could not believe it. I really thought all of my hard work and money would just disappear.

• J
    J Aug 15, 2008

Trust me, Select Portfoio Servicing is just as bad.

• Na
    Nancy Negulis Aug 31, 2008

I had the same trouble with since they took my loan and now i am losing my home to forcloser because they keep raising my payments when I thought I had a fixed rate. I've even tried to get someone else to take the loan but they appraised the house for to much and took all the equity so no one will touch it.

• Ml
    M.Leonard Sep 30, 2008

It is refreshing, albeit, not comforting to realize that there are other customers that share my frustrations with OCWEN. Since our loan was "sold" 2 yrs ago to them, it has been one issue after another. Too many to list and basically redundant to those you read above. We can not contact anyone there and when we are able to reach someone, it is difficult to discuss issues/concerns due to their limited english.

• Li
    Lisa Oct 06, 2008

Ocwen needs to be put out of business and have more class action suits filed against them. I am willing to do this and I live in Missouri. If anyone sees this ad and is interested, reply on site. Need to be report to FTC. They also like to do funny stuff with your money.

• Jc
    J.C. Spencer Oct 18, 2008

I never can get in touch with an Ocwen loan officer or don't even know where to send my correspondence . My loan was sold to Ocwen without my knowledge . My interest rate is very high .I have prepared a letter to them that I'll send registered to a PO Box. I probably won't get a reply . It seems we could start a class action suit &/or complain to the our respective States Attorney General?

• Un
    Unhappy SLS Client Jan 07, 2017

@J.C. Spencer PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH OCWEN'S (corporate headquarters) home state, which I believe is Florida. I did the same last year and it does make a difference, IF enough people file formal online complaints. It's so easy and takes 3 minutes. My sympathies go out to each and every one of you who is also stuck with OCWEN. We should have a voice in who our loans are sold to, but that's a completely different topic. Best wishes all!

jo shmo Nov 20, 2008

Ocwen is everything and more than the things mentioned on this complaint board! My wife and I original had our loan with American mtg servs ( self employed at the time ) then they sold it to First horizon, then finally Ocwen, When we first started having problems with our monthly payments they raised our interest rates so high we just could not keep up, over the Corse of 4 years our payment went from around $2500 month to $3900 month not to mention that our homeowners insurance was "supposed" to be included and taxes "which never were" !calling this company was a task in itself as mentioned in another post, Moral of this story is we lost our HOME back in march 2008 and have been bouncing from home to home since, our credit is ruined and we can never look forward to owning our own home again. Thanks Ocwen for #@*&ing another Family We have two small children you ###s.

Ocwen a Disgrace May 28, 2018

@jo shmo I have. been fighting them. for. 12 years and. am at my wits. end. every complaint on this page. has. happened to me
    And they tank your. credit. so you can't. go. anywhere else. the government and the lawyers won't do anything.. half
    Of their. executives. were. former. government. officials. ocwen being able to pay. those. large fines. keeps. them
    Afloat. how can my loan. just be sold to them without my notice or permission. we. should ban and all write our
    Representatives. because. this. should be. stopped. we. should. be able to make them sell it to someone of our
    Choosing if they are. not. servicing. it. correctly. the. problem is. most. people finally. give. up and leave. there homes
    I. have been paying them. $3900 for. 12. years. and have. 0 equity in the home. how. can that. be. I could own. two
    Homes for what. I have. paid them. they have. ruined my credit, my life. I don't want to repair anything. for. fear
    I am going to be. thrown out at. any minute. its. a living. hell and we. have no hope. but. god!! trump. has. actually
    Helped. them which. i. am. surprised. I have. always. supported him. except in this issue.. i. quit. contributions to
    Him. since he. has. done. nothing about. obama. care and nothing. about. ocean. 2. disasters. that have. affected
    Millions of. people. and ruined. their. lives. I just. learned. about all the elderly they. have. thrown out of their. homes
    And then won't. give. them back there. escrow account. 86 times. they have put. lender placed. insurance on my account. I don't want a "class. action. suit". I have. been asked to be. a lead. witness in many. cases against. them.
    But only. the. lawyers make. money. the homeowners. still lose. their. homes. ithey. train. their employees. to be
    Crooks. and they no. nothing. about. finance. how. can they. when they are. all living in calcutta. india. there is no
    Winning. even. with certified. letters. they claim you send it to the wrong. address. there. are millions of. complaints and. our. government is under. the wrong assumption that. if they. shut. down. ocwen. we. will have. a. housing
    Crisis!!! right. i. good. one!!! the. new. company. they. just. purchased. phh is. just. as. bad. or. worse. I understand.
    I don't. want to leave. my home as I have now purchased. lots of. adjoining. property. I hope. all of. them get. the. same. curse. they. put on. us. and their. children and their. children. children. i. am going to start a loan servicing.
    Company. staffed. by. all former home owners. that lost. their. home. class. action no way only the lawyers. make money. sub prime loan owners. ya. right/. they are. subprime. loan servicing. companies!!! horrible!!!
    I have. heard that carl pearson attorney. who has. a. u tube video. will help you, althought I have
    Sent. him multiple information. and no. word. as of. yet!!! he is in newyork but. can. help in any state.
    I really. hope. that. president. trump. puts. a stop to any. credit. information that is coming from
    Ocwen. keep. writing. and rebuttal. the information. until. they. remove it. you. can contact. the
    President. trump with an email. not. sure if. it ever. gets. read. I really think. american greed or
    A. news person is the only way that will start. making people aware of ocwen (backward for new
    Company). will ever. start to make a difference. and force the government to do something!!!

• El
    eldina Apr 03, 2009

This is so sad, I hope over time when the government understand whats going on, that you can go to court and take back what they took from you and the children.
    I have a similar story, however Im still in the house, but dont know for how long:

• St
    Struggling Mother May 13, 2009

I totally agree that the service Owen provides is malicious and scam. I too had my loan sold to Ocwen through Countrywide. I am looking for a way for a law suit. They have caused me and my family so much grieve. I now have a foreclosure on my credit, this happened in 2007. Now I dont think I can ever purchase again.

• Be
    beatrice Jun 05, 2009

Someone needs to stop this Ocwen. I'm reading the same story here over and over. Ocwen is ripping people off. My mortgage comapny sold to Ocwen and I've had nothing but trupbles since I've been wiht them. I've written 11 letters and called I don't know how many times. Nothing changes and nothing is done. Can we all bond together in some way and take a suit against them? I will lead the way...just tneed the back up form all of you.

thanks

• To all homeowner's dealing with OCWEN...we are Help Now Educational Alliance and we currently have active clients dealing with the same issues with OCWEN. We assist and help our customers in the process of legally saving their home ownership even if they are in default, or have already been foreclosed by declaring their ownership. Do NOT let them take advantage of you call us now before it's too late. 1-800-445-4463.

• On
    one ear john Nov 27, 2009

Help Now Educational Alliance is a RIPOFF. They tell you they will assist you in fighting for your home, but in reality they are only after your hard earned money. They purport to assist you all the while wooing you with this well disguised scheme to access your UCC-1 account, so they can line their pockets with your money. They are common crooks disguised as homeowner friendly advocates, but in reality they are in the business of taking your money and losing your homes. They should be thoroughly investigated and locked up. The head guys there are a con-man by the name of darren smith and some lawyer type named jim brown...both crooks, conmen and liars.

• St
    Stepahanie Jan 27, 2010

Our Loan was sold to Ocwen a few years back and I have to say they are by far the worst lender. We have had nothing but problems from day1.

Our first year with Ocwen we got a letter from the tax assessors office saying our taxes were not paid. Since our mortgage is supposed to pay our taxes and insurance I was very confused by that. We contacted Ocwen and they said the taxes were paid when in fact they weren't. We contacted the tax assessor's office and Ocwen hadn't made any payments and they were getting ready to put our house up for auction. My husband and I were so scared since we did not have the money to pay for the whole year that Ocwen owed. We called Ocwen a number of times trying to get this resolved and they would lie and say they spoke to someone name "Mary" at the assessors office. "Mary" never worked there. Long story short we were within days before we were going to have our house auctioned before we found out they were paying the taxes to the wrong parcel number.

We are now trying to modify our loan and it has been nothing but trouble. We can't get anyone on the phone who speaks English and they claim to be missing paperwork we have sent in 3 times. They are making me very nervous since I have been a homeowner since I was 18 and have a lot of money (did anyway before the housing market crashed) invested in our home.

I wish there was a way to change mortgage lenders. We are playing with fire with them.

• Mi
    michael rabino Feb 16, 2010

I have had nightmarish encounters with this bank there has got to be someplace we can collectively go in Goverment, does anyone have any ideas?

Ocwen a Disgrace May 28, 2018

@michael rabino government. wont help. and neither. will. lawyers. contact. someone in the media. or. American. greed. That is the
    only. way. All of. America. will. finally. open their eyes. I think. we. should have. a national. "do not. pay Ocwen month". then. what. would happen. to them.

• Fl
    Fla. Mar 29, 2010

I too have an Ocwen complaint. I have been waiting since Nov. for a loan modification. I paid an attorney to handle it and now i'm wondering if i have been taken on that too, because they asked for an up front fee.
    Where does the average person go for help?
    No one seems to care
    No one is getting it.
    Except for those caught in the net.

Ocwen a Disgrace May 28, 2018

@Fla. I. know. and. they. have paid. off everyone. to the top. Most of their. top brass. worked for the government. Lawyers
    wont. help. and. governments. wont. either. They. stay afloat. with the. money ocwen pays. but always. claims no
    wrong. doing. Even. sending. certified. mail will not. help they deny. receiving. it.

Char Richardson Mar 25, 2019

@Ocwen a Disgrace OCWEN is the worse mortgage servicing company. They have screwed with my mortgage for the last 24 months. I hate them.

• Ev
    EvrHis7 Apr 19, 2010

While I do not have a mortgage and never have, my daughter and her husband have - with Saxon Mortgage, until just this week, when the loan was transferred to Oswen. Many of you comment that these companies are incompetent. Please understand this: No - they are not. They are fully competent - at the game they are playing. It is a game they play with those who don't know any better.
    They WANT to be vague, "lose" your paperwork, your payments, and other important information. They WANT you to get frustated and give up. They BANK on your ignorance f their game tactics. They fully understand what they are doing and they do it on purpose. There is money to be made for those within the company who can snag a home away from a borrower for the company, especially if you have positive equity of any kind.
    THEY want your positive equity. My daughter's house has positive equity of $50, 000 plus. Saxon Mortgage played this game, it has been in court for well over a year and when the judge said Saxon had two weeks left this month to settle it, or lese, Saxon immediately sold it to Ocwen, who, I am sure will do worse than Saxon has.
    I have an idea: Since the government, the attorneys, and nobody else seems to have the brains to know how to fight these vultures, what if EVERY family who has been victimized by these companies turned the tables on them.
    What if every one of you formed a group and paid your payments to your own established escrow accounts, in the same months. That means that no one is paying them anything. In two or three months they lose so much income that they either settle with each of you, or you all join together and file a massive class action against them.
    Just an idea. But it'd have to be done at the same time, as a large group effort. Doing it alone will sink you. Play your own game against them. After all, they are playing with you, hoping you'll just give up and go away - leaving them a perfectly good house for nothing. You don't have much else to lose, since in the end you lose your house anyway. They WILL win because nobody is fighting them, including your attorney.
    This nation won its worst battles by individuals fighting for their rights. No wars were ever won by attorneys. This one won't be, either.
    Just a thought or two.

ocwen is CRIMINAL!!! Apr 26, 2010

im just another victim of ocwen. im fully up to date on every payment but have been out of work for a year... and trying to get a modification for over a year since i knew i was being layed off. lost paper work over and over and over. they claim i didnt send them something so i send it again and again. when they finally say they got it all then they say it was too far from the date of the mod being started so its no good. but they are happy to open a new application for a mod if i want. so i do and the same thing happens again!!! who has a class action lawsuit against them? i want in on it!

• Wh
    whispers May 14, 2010

Try this guy. We recently had our mortgage "refinanced" and he wasn't all that helpful, but get to him and if annoying enough - he will go to the top. Some lady is his boss but I can't remember her name.

Joshua Coykendall

Ocwen
    Email: [email protected]

• To
    TONYNGUYEN2012 Aug 23, 2010

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY HORRIBLE SERVICES! DROP THE HEADS AND MAYBE THE MONKEY OR CAVE MEN CAN DO THE JOB BETTER W/ SIGN LANGUAGES AND FUNNY SOUNDS.

• To
    TONYNGUYEN2012 Aug 23, 2010

407-737-5285 phone
    866-779-8080 toll free
    561-682-8160 fax

"THIS PHONE # HAS BEEN DISCONNECT PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE OCWEN WILL NEVER RETURN YOUR CALL. THANKS AND HAVE A BAD DAY".
    P/S THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM A FEMALE CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKS FOR OCWEN.

madmax2315 Oct 23, 2010

I have the same issue with Ocwen after being bounced around from TB&W to Cenlar and now these a!!holes. They waited nine months to contact us to let us know that they own our mortgage. They sent a loan modification information sheet to us. I just happen to call and ask them what they were pitching and see if they knew who bought out the note. This is after calling Cenlar numerous times to find out but they kept saying that they didn't know because so many loans were dumped. Well Ocwen wants almost twice the ammount of the payments. I haven't recieved a bill yet. They are foreclosing on my house. Neighbors actually knew before us because they ran it in the paper before contacting us. How embarrassing is that. What gets me is that they say " well we sent notices" like that is an excuse. Send it certified by mail. Yet they don't want to accept that from you. If you said " well, I mailed you a check", they would scoff at the idea. I say burn them at the stake and make an example out of these commies. And why the hell would you contract out to a company that doesn't share any interest in our nation and well being. The sad thing is, they probably still get a tax break for employing outside the US. I am a veteran that recently fought Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have three small kids (4 yr old and 2 yr old twins).

• Cd
    CDRAKE Jan 13, 2011

Our loan was sold to Ocwen in 2010 which we were in the process of doing a loan Modification we had to start all over again. We were given a new payment and our insurance and taxes were to be escrowed they never got paid and someone who did not speak english would call us 3 and 4 times a week telling us we needed to make our payment which we did the first of each month. You could never get a person that could help you on the phone. I have tried to get a number for the main office but could never find it. This company needs to be closed down and our loans handled by a company in the USA.

• Wow! This issue just goes on and on. The only post I DON'T see while scanning over all the complaints is from an attorney offering to do a class action lawsuit. It's time... now!

I have the same effed-up mortgage with this company as all the above, so I'll skip most of the details. I have enlisted the help of an attorney on a small matter. He told Ocwen to send all inquiries through his office. I still get their mail. I have modified my mortgage with them about one year ago. This week I received an offer to do a loan modification. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW that we've already done this. My payments have been absolutely on time (early) for the past year. They still charge me late charges every month. On and on and on...

By the way, for the guy who requested he be put on Ocwen's "do not call list"... ha ha ha... that won't happen. They are also a collections company... they create problems with mortgages so they can feed their collections company. Sir, your solution: UNLIST YOUR PHONE NUMBER! They are the ONLY reason my number has been unlisted for the past five years.

I consider my mortgage to be relatively cheap rent for a nice, under-valued home. I will die before it ever gets paid off and when I do, they can have their house back!

• Sc
    Screwed in TN Feb 20, 2011

I got on here looking to see if anyone else was having trouble with this company. WOW Looks like I am not alone. In short these people have raped me over the past year! And YES! Ocwen if you are reading this, I do have all of the proof of such. When we bought our home I opted to pay my own ins. and taxes. ocwen acquired my loan a little over a year ago by the way. I lost my job due to the economy and went from 50-60k a year down to less than 20k on unemployment. I got behind on my mortgage.Imeediately upon becoming a second payment late THEY called and canceled my Mortgage Insurance by telling them they were foreclosing. This was done without my knowledge by the way. We had to jump through hoops to get them paid and get out of the threat of foreclosure which we did. Then they forced Insurance on my mortgage and charged more than triple what I was paying locally. It has been down hill from there. They paid my property taxes before I even got the bill! Another forced escrow. They increased my payment (on a fixed rate mortgage) from 756. to 935. And say that it was due to ins. and taxes. I asked for a statement so I could pay everything due and get my pmt back to its original amount and to stop the escrow on my loan. I sent the exact amount with signature confirmation and they recieved it 3 days later. I get a statement from them stating that my payment was going to increase to 1035. due to previous escrow charges. They say they didnt get my TOTAL AMOUNT DUE that I sent them until dec 2nd and because the dec payment was due on the first that they had applied it to this and that and had some of it held in suspense? What the heck is that? Needless to say They still cant tell me why I have paid them 4000.00 more last year than my normal mortgage would be in a year. As well as state that I am still in default. I am ready to file either a class action lawsuit or file own my own. The class action of course would benefit me due to finances, but someone has to stop this. I cant take much more. Any Ideas out there? I am for real and I will help push whatever needs to be done to get these people what they deserve and hopefully get back what is rightfully ours.

• Sc
    Screwed in TN Feb 20, 2011

If their are any lawyers out there reading this or if anyone knows of a good lawyer to handle this please post it. I will make the initial contact and get this going. I am done with this company screwing me amd my children out of our hard earned money. I have done everything they have stated I needed to do, yet I still owe fee's, escrow, my payment is nearly 300 dollars more than it should be? Enough is Enough! Where do we start?

• Ga
    Gail Hudson Apr 04, 2011

My mortgage was transferred from Home Eq loan . Just as a lot of you are reporting I am having the same problems with Ocwen. I have never had a late pay on my mortgage in my life. Within a couple of months with Ocwen I began receiving default letters. They wrecked my credit report. I fought them tooth and nail. Having been a Mortgage Broker I had insight enough to know what they were up to. I filed a report. So far I am still in my home. Who knows how long. I would love to file a lawsuit against them. They truly do need to be stopped.

Janet Gardner-Wheeler Apr 06, 2011

I am another homeowner whose loan was given to Ocwen. I was appalled at their business ethics and have never been involved with banks or mortgage companies such as this one. With my issue after many hours of phone calls, faxes, etc., I filed a complaint with the the Better Business Bureau and as soon as I can I am going to have my loan refinanced.

• Ro
    roni811 Apr 11, 2011

I totally agree. Our lender was Homeq and Ocwen purchased them. So since Sept 2010 I have had nothing but problems with them. I constantly get letters saying that money is owed. Money for my first loan was applied to my second and after months of frustrating long lasting calls with someone who spole broken english and was extremely hard to understand I finally got them to admit that the money was applied to the second mortgage instead of the first. They backed out a portion of the funds from the 2nd and applied to the 1st. Still continue to have issues because they still have not gotten this correct. The remaining funds still have not been applied correctly to my first mortgage.
    The fun just began there. I have been, for months trying to modify our 1st mortgage. I completed all of the paperwork and turned in everything that it requested. I kept getting calls that they didn't get this document or that document. Needless to say that the modification was declined because "documents were missing". I receintly sent a box of all the documentation that I sent to them (about 3 inches thick of two sided pages).
    I was told to fill out the modification paperwork for a modification through Ocwen instead of through the "presidential" program.
    Can we start a class action suit against them?

• Ro
    Rosemarie and John Roberts Apr 12, 2011

I ditto pretty much most of the complaints that i have read about OCMEN MORTAGAE. since we have been with them it has been a mess, not return call, you speak to staff that are hire to be trouble shooter not professionals. every single time the information i s incorrect, it takes month speak for discussion. still never corrected. our lastest issue yet again is so that say ESCROW SHORTAGE. adjustments were made on the account with no explanation of course you are back to square one because you cannot have a conversation with a person to discuss the problem. we get correspondence back to back with the same infomation over and over again. the escrow shortage started in the beginning of the year it is april we are still paying mortgage waiting for a converation so we can have a conversation. The bottom line is we still have problem it is incorrect and i'm lost as to how to solve it. please help. there is not local # etc. HELP HELP

• Ms
    msparrowtduck Apr 15, 2011

Wow it seems OCWEN is the consummate scam artist since I had my loan sold to them I have had to send all payments by registered mail, because no matter when I sent in a payment it just happens to get there late and receive a late fee. Even after they would sign for a payment they would still process the bill after the 16th. If I called their customer service Jamanji would tell me to send my payments earlier so they could process it and it wouldn’t receive a late fee. I would tell them they signed the received receipt however many days earlier they would then tell me to submit a written record and send it in for verification. The best way to deal with these idiots it to sue in small claims court and they have to send a lawyer so it cost them. You will be surprised at how fast they respond and then they try to get something resolved.

• Do
    Dontworrybhpy May 24, 2011

I think I have finally figured out the loan servicing business. I was niave to think website totuting helping people save their homes was actually true. Lets face it, if its more $ and less risk and not against the law, the collector isnt in the customer service business. The key is to beat them at their game and be one step ahead in knowing the law and your rights. The service is collection, not loaning. They are no different than a credit card company calling you when you are in hard times...the stakes are just higher and the money is bigger. Confusion, misinformation and having to resubmit forms is part of the business plan. The consumer has already been in trouble, so service is to them not the consumer.

This company is apparently bidding to obtain Litton Loan Servicing from Goldman Sachs. we have dealth with Litton for many years since we got in trouble financially...But we have spent thousands and thousands to save our home through the years. we got a modification, but it wwas a huge fight and involved our state banking commissioner. So... If this serviced is anything like Litton? God help us all.

• Do
    Dontworrybhpy May 24, 2011

I just found put the servicing company we have dealt with for years might be acquired by this company. Oh boy...doesn't sound like grass is greener over here at all. We have spent many years dealing with Litton Loan...and the only thing that saved us from losing our home was being one step ahead of them legally. I'm thankful we knew to intact our state banking commission who put heat on them during a very difficult crisis...we are current now, modified, but paying an ungodly rate just to keep our home. Its worth it to us, but then we are fortunate we can do it.

I feel for everyone who is dealign with debt collectors on their mortage. That's all they are. we are risks on paper...and that's why we aren't the ones being serviced... I was so naive to think the websites of these servicers are real and talk like they are trying to help. The business model is to collect...get more and get aretrun for the people they are collecting for. Business? Sure...but when your business plan is to create disfunction and confusion on purpose? That's criminal. All these servicers lose paper work, give misinformation, lie then say they didn't. Lose files, push things off. Its part of the game. When the risk is more than the gain, they will string it along until you can't fight back and perhaps even charge you inetrest for the time it took them to get back to you.

We've been fortunate we got lucky with jobs and had income where we could do what we had to do. But if we hadn't, we would have lost our home 7 years ago. Is the structure worth it? No. But it is where we raise our children...and dongonit...it is our home. One day, I hope I can have the money to pay it all off in one big chunk...and hand deliver it to the company... I might take a camera crew with me.lol...

• Pr
    Proverbs 22:7 May 25, 2011

Could not agree with you more! Many times I have day-dreamed about winning the lottery (which I'll never do since I don't waste my money on it) and taking a check book to West Palm Beach, walk in and say "How much". Then write the check, ask if I can be introduced to the President of the company and then kindly tell him to shove the check and his mortgage into a place that would require lubricant! Oops... sorry... dreaming again.

"The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." Still holds true 1, 800 years later!

• Ki
    kikipoo Jun 26, 2011

i also requested a modification loan from ocwen due to the fact that i lost my husband a few years ago. They requested alot of paperwork and than was told that i did not qualify because i didnt make enought money. Then what is the modification loan for? I have an interest very high. I struggle month after month to pay for my home. I need help in order to continue in my home. I was send a letter a couple of months ago stating that i had qualify for a settlement that was against ocwen, after that i have not heard anything. If anyone know what steps i should take please e-mail me .

Ocwen Helper Aug 04, 2011

Ocwen's biggest failure is in efficiently communicating with customers. I was a Supervisor with them and now run my own business against them, helping homeowners the way they should.
    Should you need any more specific assistance with any mortgage inquiries, please don't hesitate to submit your case to [email protected], and we'll gladly review it to find a potential solution.

Best Regards,

Ocwen Helper

• La
    laladynow Feb 12, 2012

Before posting my personal nightmares related to loan servicers, I want to share my plans for resolving them. Several weeks before leaving, I intend to drill holes in the many large pine trees on my property and fill them with salt and RoundUp. The lawn and shrubs will get regular watering with salt brine. On the day I walk away from my home, I am going in the attic and will pour deer urine and skunk oil (available at any sporting goods store) between all the walls before opening the hot water tank's drain valve (hot water tank is in the attic). When I leave, the back door and windows will be open so all the critters living in the swamp behind my home can come in and enjoy the 50 pounds of rotten meat scattered throughout the house. Water will run from the hot water tank until the electricity is disconnected for non-payment but I doubt that will stop at least some of the swamp critters from immediately taking up residence and more will move in when the flooding stops.

Homecomings Financial almost took my home when I accepted "Disaster Assistance" following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Their "assistance" was a bigger disaster than Katrina and cost me thousand of dollars, but I managed to hold on to my home. Then my servicing rights were bought by Litton. After almost a year of unemployment and under-employment, I did a loan modification through Litton. Two months after the modification was in place, my monthly billing statement began to show "Other Fees Due" in the amount of >$6000.00. Litton said it was for "fees and corporate advances" they forgot to include in the modification but would not itemize the expenses. I called Litton hundreds of times demanding they account for the "fees and corporate advances". I was a rude, hateful, relentless, name-calling ###. When the CSR lied, I called him/her a liar. When the CSR was ignorant, I called him/her stupid. When the CSR hung-up on me, I called right back and tore into the next one. After 18 months, a CSR admitted the "fees and corporate advances" should have been "written off" as part of the modification process and promised to get them removed from my account. Three months later, I got back on my broom and started again because the fees remained on my billing statement. Eventually, the fees were reduced to $2000.00 (+ or -) and then, in Nov 2011, my servicing rights were sold to Ocwen who promptly assessed >$800.00 to my escrow account without explanation. Ocwen has increased my monthly payment $73.00 until the escrowed amount is paid but, to date, have not explained the origin of this debt. And, yes, Litton's $2000.00 in "fees and corporate advances" continue to appear on my billing statements.
    After 7 years of dealing with the deliberate and never-ending incompetence of Homecomings Financial, Litton Loan Servicing and Ocwen, I am broke, tired and almost defeated. The small equity I have managed to retain will not pay closing costs and moving expenses if I sell the house. My credit rating, always excellent prior to Katrina, is ruined. I may not keep those thieving vultures from taking my home but, since I have nothing left to lose, I can make sure their efforts are appropriately rewarded.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices