Oak Creek Homesnot true to their word, cheap homes

M

I purchased a home from Oak Creek in louisiana. Extremely disappointed with quality of home and services. I was told I was buying and paid for an Oak Creek and ended up with a Lancaster home which is a cheaper virsion home and came to my lot with nothing I ordered in it. I was not allowed to see the inside of the house until the movers were completed setting it up, otherwise it would have been taken back and I would not have accepted this home. They hire unprofessional contractors to trim out the home who have no respect and don't take pride in their work. Had a number issues with home, one causing mold and mildue due to faulty plumbing fixtures, called to make a warrenty claim and I was told I need to make a claim to my home owners insurance for the repairs costing me $2000 out of pocket. Seems like their 7 year warrenty is a joke or selling scam. I would suggest to be aware of Oak Creeks 's shady history and maybe even steer clear from making purchases or dealings with them.

• Tr
    Trina Pullard Jun 14, 2016

My husband and I purchased a home last year from Oak Creek and we didn't get to see the inside till it was set up on our land. Before it was delivered we would go into the office trying to find out why we could not pull it up on the computer so we could see what it looks like, and Mr. Jim Taylor would tell us that it was a new model, and it had not been photographed yet. They filled out our papers wrong for the colors on the inside was supposed to be on the outside, and the outside color was supposed to be the color of our carpet on the I side. When they delivered the house they split the ceiling open in the living room we complained, and they came and patched it. You can tell the difference in the color of the paint on the ceiling. You can tell where the sheet rock is taped. They took several month's before they put the stripping on the sides to seal the sides together. We argued with them aboutthat, cause it was raining inside the walls, and also inside the master bathroom window. The toilets stay backed up, the shower fills up with water in the bottom like it is a tub. All the stripping on the walls keep coming a loose, the faucet for the washer is messed up, there is so much mold and mildew in this house in a year till it makes no since. It is even in the ceiling in my two boys bathroom, and bedrooms. The sink in the master bathroom is leaking got mildew on all my stuff that was under the sink. They didn't come to put the siding that has to be put around the bottom of the house for six months, and probably wouldn't have put it then if we would not have told them that the city was complaining about it, because it is a requirement on these homes. We can't even get in the space between the ceiling and the roof to get the mold and mildew cleaned out, cause there is no way I mean no way up there. Even the outside door keeps getting mildew. The house is not leveled, it has a raised part straight down the center where it connects. It squeaks, and shakes when you walk.these tubs, sinks, and showers are so cheap, that they are hard to clean. Don't know what kind of material they are made from. The walls are not connected to the floors everywhere. There is so much wrong with this home. If they would have let us see it first we would have never signed those papers, and now we are stuck with a home that is not worth the money we have to pay for it. We were told several good things in the beginning, but after we signed those papers everything changed. They changed their stories to everything they told us. I wish that we could get out of this, but as they keep telling us . We can't cause we signed those contracts. This should be against the law, and no one should have to sign any contracts until they have seen the product that they are purchasing. After we finished all the paperwork Mr. Taylor would not even talk to us anymore. We would have expected to talk to a lady named Donna who always had an attitude with us, and would lie to us. Everything is cheap in here, but the price is the same as the models that they have set up for you to look at on his lots. They make you think that, that is the product that you are going to get, and ND it is not. How do I get a better home for my family that is not a health hazard, cause we all stay sick, and we just been in here a year.

• Wi
    william j smith tx May 28, 2013

we hope to solve this problem with oakcreek homes but they are bound to blame everyone but their selves/we have talked to the better bussiness bureau and oakcreek blames us/all we want is a little help fixing our problem/we are seeking legal help now/any help would be appreciated to solve this one way or another

• Wi
    william j smith tx May 28, 2013

we are also having problem with oakcreek homes in texas their quality is less than honorable they are heartless people, we are stuck with a house that is poorly put together by unqualified laborers. and was promised a warranty that covers nothing but hud needs to come inspect our home to keep more honest people from falling into this trap that kills all dreams of owning a dream home from oakcreek homes scam???