Menu
Challenger Building Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Challenger Building
reviews & complaints

www.challengerhomes.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 16 Reviews

Challenger Building Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
12 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Challenger Building at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Challenger Building has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Challenger Building. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Challenger Building reviews & complaints 16

Filter reviews by rating
4 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Challenger Building reviews & complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building They say they got a warranty process, but it's all a scam to make you buy their badly made houses

They say they got a warranty process, but it's all a scam to make you buy their badly made houses. You gotta be prepared to shell out loads of cash for repairs, and you better have a 4-wheel drive to handle their roads 'cause they crumble within a year.

Challenger Building Poor follow up on *** grading issues

Poor follow up on *** grading issues. I've contacted the warranty department and project manager multiple times regarding the final grade in our home. They won't even respond! This is on a home built for my son and daughter-in-law in ***. Apart from the yard problem, the home is really nice!

A

Challenger Building We bought our house NEW in late 2019

We bought our house NEW in late 2019. We've had electrical issues with outlets and such continuously tripping the breakers. We now rent the house out since we moved with the military. Our tenants are now experiencing the same issues. Challenger says they won't fix the problems. We've had it looked at and inspected, and found out that multiple outlets and even floors are connected to the same breakers. NOT OK. All of this miswiring is a fire hazard that shouldn't be left in our hands. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND CHALLENGER HOMES TO ANYONE! They just keep avoiding returning our calls and passing the responsibility onto the city.

Hide full review

Is Challenger Building legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Challenger Building as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Challenger Building stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Challenger Building should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Challenger Building earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Challenger Building achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Challenger Building. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for challengerhomes.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Challenger Building as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Challenger Building's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Challengerhomes.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Challenger Building website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Challengerhomes.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Challenger Building has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 12 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Challengerhomes.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The challengerhomes.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Challenger Building protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building I'm sorry to say I'm back with another warranty issue with Challenger Homes

I'm sorry to say I'm back with another warranty issue with Challenger Homes. I built my home and moved in 2018 and there were issues with the flooring. They came and repaired one portion of the flooring and now this is another issue with a different part of the floor. Challenger installed laminate floors in the main part of the home - this installation was so poorly done there are gaps between the boards. In November I filed a warranty claim based on the contracts signed with Challenger. Their department didn't get back to me until February. They set up the trades to come "fix" the floor and the trade blew me off. We set yet another date, and again, the trades blew me off. Now, in MARCH, after fully four months of waiting on them, they want to send the trade out for a third time to just glue the boards onto the sub floor - this does NOT solve the problem and will cause further issues as the floor is used. Challenger is refusing to adequately correct the problem that has been in my home since it was built. Challenger needs to honor its warranty and stand behind their work - the floor needs to be done CORRECTLY. I didn't spend my life's savings on a home with issues that they refuse to correct.

Challenger Building I bought a house from Challenger Building LLC in 2021

I bought a house from Challenger Building LLC in 2021. Since then, they have been completely useless when it comes to handling warranty claims. The streets and yards started sinking uncontrollably, but they did come back and repave them. However, my front lawn has been destroyed for over a year now. It's almost frost time again, so it looks like it will have to endure another winter at least. Despite sending them multiple email reminders and warranty claim requests, they haven't fixed it yet, unlike the other houses in the neighborhood.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building I gotta say, I'm back here to talk about another problem with Challenger Homes

I gotta say, I'm back here to talk about another problem with Challenger Homes. Those guys really messed up with the water heater installation. Instead of draining the overflow properly, they just let it spill onto the concrete. Now I've got damaged baseboards and drywall. And you know what? They won't even admit it's their fault. All I got was some weak email saying it's out of warranty. Can you believe it? Challenger hired the wrong contractor and now they're acting like it's not their problem. It's a real mess they've made with their bad choices and lack of quality control.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building I'm writing to express my frustration with Challenger Building LLC

I'm writing to express my frustration with Challenger Building LLC. I recently purchased a new home from them in February , but unfortunately, I've encountered a major problem. Mold has been discovered growing inside one of the interior walls, and I have no idea how it got there. Despite my efforts to get it fixed, the necessary repairs have not been completed, leaving me unable to use my downstairs bathroom. I've tried reaching out through their online warranty requests, sending emails to Challenger ***, and making phone calls, but I haven't received any responses. I've even gone to their office in person, but still no luck. It's disheartening to think that I spent nearly 400K on a home that isn't functioning properly.

Challenger Building I built a home

I built a home. They put the flooring I selected in the house, said two colors in box and tried to get more flooring to finish but couldn’t receive flooring in a timely manner. They showed me a picture of a floor color and said they needed to replace floor. This flooring was damaged the first week and continued on to receive more damage. My floor is nasty and they claim it is not defective. Once we moved in, and with daily living, chunks are being gouged out of the floor! I never got to look at this floor in person and had expectations of a quality floor that a family can live day to day without having the flooring in my brand new house falling apart right after purchase.

I
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building Challenger Homes sold us a house and said we'd have a covenant, but they made it seem like it wouldn't be a big deal

Challenger Homes sold us a house and said we'd have a covenant, but they made it seem like it wouldn't be a big deal. They even said the rules weren't written down, so they couldn't give us a copy. My wife and I told them we just left a place with a homeowners association (HOA) and we didn't want anything to do with that again. They promised us that this "covenant" would be nothing like an HOA. But now, we got a bill for monthly trash service that we don't even need or want. And guess what? We can't make any changes to our house without the covenant's approval. After doing some research, I found out that the covenant rules were actually written down and on file for Challenger to build the neighborhood. And get this, the Board of Directors for the Covenant is mostly made up of Challenger executives and people from their sister company. This is just one of the many things Challenger lied to us about, and now they won't even respond to my emails or calls.

Challenger Building I bought my house from Challenger Building LLC in July

I bought my house from Challenger Building LLC in July . They promised that the house would be finished by the time I moved in. The VA doesn't allow closing on an unfinished home. However, when I arrived, the house was far from finished. The painting wasn't done, there were many issues, and no one informed me about the unfinished tile or the missing shower doors.

In February, my neighbor called me and told me that water was pouring out of my front door. I gave him permission to enter the house and he turned off the water and electricity for safety. I called the warranty and plumbing companies, and they discovered that a fixture installed upstairs had been RECALLED in DECEMBER. It's been months now, and I still haven't received a response from Challenger. What's even more surprising is that Heidi from the warranty department was specifically asked to contact me and only me, but she still sent snarky emails about me to my EX-HUSBAND, who has never owned my home.

Please call me back and fix this mess.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building We bought a house from Challenger Homes and have been living there for 7 years

We bought a house from Challenger Homes and have been living there for 7 years. During Spring Break 2022, we were cleaning the windows outside and discovered mushrooms growing around the frame above the 3 garage window. We contacted our home insurance, and they said it's a structural issue and poor frame work. So, we reached out to the warranty department, and at first, they said it's covered under the 10-year warranty. They sent an employee to check the window after many calls and messages. Finally, we received a response saying it's our fault and a maintenance issue. We tried to hire 3 different companies to fix the problem, but they refused, stating that it's the builder's responsibility. We have detailed invoices and explanations from all the companies. We also consulted with a lawyer who advised us to send a formal letter with all the paperwork to see what happens. However, we're writing this review to ask for more help in resolving this matter. We have more evidence if needed.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building The Dream Team is a partner with Challenger Homes that runs the *** I had the owner and project manager from the Dream Team at

The Dream Team is a partner with Challenger Homes that runs the *** I had the owner and project manager from the Dream Team at my house approximately 6/2022 that assessed my front drainage problem. Both representatives from the Dream Team agreed theres a construction defect and will repair as they did to other homes with the same issue in the subdivision. The contractors started the work approximately 8/22 and did not finish, I called and emailed The Dream Team/ Challenger homes numerous times with no response until I finally received an email from *** from the Dream Team stating that she would send contractors to complete the work, the contractors that were sent out did not know what they were to do regarding the drainage issue and never did anything to finish the drainage. I called and emailed *** which ended up being numerous times with no response until I called and she answered her phone, I spoke with her and she I d that she would look into it.It has been over 2 months, again with no response of her looking into it. Once again I have called *** numerous times no response. I just want the drainage defect corrected as they did to the other homes in the subdivision before the rains come.

Challenger Building I bought a new house from Challenger Homes

I bought a new house from Challenger Homes. I've been living here for 27 days and my kitchen isn't working. When I try to preheat the oven, it blows the breaker. And to make matters worse, they gave me the wrong oven to begin with. We had agreed on a gas range, but they forgot to include it in the building contract. After talking to the Vice President, we were able to get the contract changed, but we still haven't received the gas range or even an estimated delivery date. Now we're stuck with an electric range that doesn't work because of an electrical or breaker issue.

I submitted a warranty request on their website on June 30th, but they didn't contact me within the promised time frame. So I went to their office on July 7th and the person there had me submit the warranty request again in front of her. I finally got a response, but they said they couldn't send anyone until July 14th. I agreed, even though it meant waiting another week. Today is July 14th and I took the day off work to wait for the technician during my scheduled time, but no one has shown up.

To make matters worse, when our internet company came out yesterday, my husband found a water bottle filled with pee that was left behind by someone in our wall. It's absolutely disgusting.

Challenger Building This house was a new build

This house was a new build. We are now 2 years in and still struggling to get things fixed that are under our ONE YEAR WARRANTY CLAIMS. We are still waiting for multiple things to get fixed on the side of my house (THIS IS JUST WHATS LEFT ON OUR LIST- THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED) and it's one thing or another as to why there is not someone coming. I've gone as far as getting Rich V. VP of Sales, Marketing & Customer Relations, involved and limited things have been fixed or addressed since he came and saw all of the damages. I just want the items fixed on the side of my house. I will be completely transparent when I say that the issue with the side of my house was originally "fixed" by Anchor Construction who did more damage to my house, which they eventually fixed. Since Anchor has caused more damage to my house we have asked that Anchor does NOT come on our property anymore. That is no excuse to still not have another company come and even look at the job and come up with a game plan. There is ZERO communication with the warranty department. I have given more than enough grace with the restrictions/changes due to COVID, but this started in August . Over the last 2 years I've lost so much money taking off work for people to "fix things" and never show. I've waiting 2 years to put in a ComplaintsBoard.com complaint and it's NOT getting any better with these guys.

Challenger Building March ***

March ***. B4 signing a contract, we reviewed the biz relationship and expectations 4 the partnership. We paid Challenger Homes $8,600.00 4 *** money and signed the contract. The biz promised weekly updates on progress of the home, open communication and answers 2 any questions, and an overall seamless process 2 building and buying a new home. Since we (the buyer) have signed the contract and paid the *** money, there has been little 2 no communication throughout the months leading up 2 the completion of the home. We have not received 1 weekly update as of today, June 14th, 2022. I, as the consumer, and my realtor, have had 2 continuously reach out 2 the respresentative 4 the builder on a normal basis 2 try and obtain any updates. On the other hand, whenever Challenger has needed something, whether that be a signature, schedule a walk through, need an update from me, I have provided that 2 them in the utmost timely manner. We have made the decision 2 cancel based on this experience. The dispute here is that we are requesting the *** money back. Despite our experience and the fact that we did not receive what was promised, Challenger is not working with us on refunding the *** money back. We even offered 2 negotiate 50% back. They are not making any effort 2 take responsibility 4 the lack of effort on upholding what was promised 2 us as the buyer. We do not have an account or tracking number. If you need backstatements confirming the *** money was paid, those are attached and highlited. March 17th, 2022, the payment was made. Adding here: I am not an active duty service memeber but my Fiance is!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Challenger Building Challenger Homes ain't fixin' the big problems with my house, even though they knew 'bout 'em before I bought it and even after

Challenger Homes ain't fixin' the big problems with my house, even though they knew 'bout 'em before I bought it and even after. I tried to get 'em to fix it through their warranty program, but they started actin' all funny and said I didn't buy the right services. Let me make it clear, I been complainin' 'bout these issues since day one, and they still ain't fixed 'em. Issue #1 - The side of the house has a dang'rous slope goin' from the backyard gate all the way to the back. It's like 30% slope in some parts and more than 15% on average. And they covered it with loose crushed stone, makin' it super slippery. It's a real hazard, especially for me 'cause I'm a disabled vet with joint and mobility problems. Issue #2 - The backyard ain't got a single level spot. It's completely useless for anythin' a homeowner would expect. I told 'em 'bout this before I bought the house, and they promised to fix it. But they didn't. And even after they finished the landscapin', I kept complainin' 'bout it 'cause it's still a mess. The soil ain't good, the grass is dyin' even though I've been tryin' to revive it, and a tree they planted died too.

Challenger Building Customer Reviews Overview

Challenger Building, found at challengerhomes.com, is a reputable home builder that has garnered positive reviews from homeowners across various platforms. With a commitment to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, Challenger Building has established itself as a trusted name in the industry.

One of the standout features of Challenger Building is their attention to detail and superior construction standards. Homeowners have praised the company for their high-quality materials and meticulous workmanship, resulting in homes that are not only visually appealing but also built to last.

Another positive aspect highlighted in reviews is the exceptional customer service provided by Challenger Building. From the initial consultation to the final walkthrough, homeowners have reported positive experiences with the company's friendly and knowledgeable staff. The team at Challenger Building is known for their responsiveness, addressing any concerns or questions promptly and efficiently.

Homebuyers have also commended Challenger Building for their commitment to customization. The company offers a wide range of floor plans and design options, allowing homeowners to personalize their homes according to their preferences and lifestyle. This flexibility has been highly appreciated by customers, who have expressed satisfaction with the final results that truly reflect their unique vision.

Furthermore, Challenger Building's dedication to delivering homes on time and within budget has been praised by many homeowners. The company's efficient project management and transparent communication have ensured a smooth building process, minimizing any potential stress for customers.

Overall, Challenger Building has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their exceptional craftsmanship, outstanding customer service, customization options, and timely project completion. With a solid reputation in the industry, Challenger Building is a reliable choice for those seeking a well-built and personalized home.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Challenger Building contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Challenger Building?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Challenger Building Customer Service. Initial Challenger Building complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Challenger Building above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Challenger Building. Discuss the issues you have had with Challenger Building and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.