Having problems with Oak Creek Homes?

+1 877 454 1050 (Customer Service)
+1 877 427 4666 (General Information)
+1 888 625 2735 (Fort Worth, Texas)
+1 800 967 9260 (Lancaster, Texas)
+1 888 759 3915 (7-Year Home Guard)
4805 E Loop 820 S
Fort Worth, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

2011 oak creek modular home

This home was delivered as a part of Hurricane Rita Recovery in Texas. I have had problems since day 1. I spent the first year complaining, to no avail. Repairmen came and nothing changed. Both doors leaked... they said that was normal in driving rain. The only problem with that is we'd had no driving rain. The doors leaked when it rains. We have worked to correct this and no longer notice water coming in. However, both exterior doors, frames and area flooring are rotted at this point. Very dangerous. I'm a single woman supporting a grandchild. I cannot afford to rebuild this structure. The bathroom is a mess. The tub surround is buckling and coming away from the wall, and has been that way for years. The linoleum has never been attached to the floor. The ceiling is falling between the kitchen and living room, leaving a large gap bring in 100+ degree heat in summer. The a/c cannot keep this place cool. The ceiling is molding where it's falling. The cheap trim has been coming off since day 1. I got tired of trying to keep up with it. The refrigerator sounds like a mini bike, and has since the beginning. The electrical wiring is a hot mess. The outlets continuously go out. Living here a a step down from the travel trailer we were in prior to this useless structure.

The exterior water faucets front and back only worked for a little while. Same with the exterior outlets and back door porch light.

Carla

My daughter and her husband bought a house at $133, 000 the house was put in the pad on Monday February 24...

oak creek homes

Please do not purchase a home though oak Creek. I had nothing but issues with them. 8 months later it burned...

refund

I apply for refund for 1, 000 my deposit 11/30 in midland office and the person said, I have wait 2 week buy...

my home

I started the buying process in march of this year, telling our guy justin that the lease is up on our house...

no warranty work

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a home. Oak Creek Homes are very responsive until you purchase a home. Then you can never get a hold of them again and when you do, it's months before you get a response. I am very disappointed in this company and their approach to standing behind the quality of their product and would strongly advise anyone looking to do business with them to look elsewhere.

dallas 5057

We reached out to Oak Creek Homes in Abilene the middle of November. We were interested in purchasing a double wide. We finally decided on the Dallas 5057 floor plan around the first of December. We had an original closing date on the house & land scheduled for 02/15/19. I was concerned because that date was still 90 days out. My salesman assured me that it probably would not take that long but they like to set everything 90 days out. The bids were not submitted in a timely manner so our mortgage approval had to be extended. We didn't get to actually close until 03/06/19. Then the house was delivered to the property on 03/22/19. No one ever called me to inform us that is was going to be delivered on that day. I was at a rodeo and not even in town when the transport company called me saying they were 20 miles out. I was just informed the day before that the guy was coming out to install the pad. (I wasn't sure at this point if the pad was even done!) When the house was delivered, the transport company apparently did not swing far enough out to get the 15' house through a 25' gate and caught the corner of the house and the front of the house on the gate tearing a huge hole in the house. It broke the stud in 4 places.
There was damage to the inside as well as outside. Then to top it off not ONE single person from the transport company or OakCreek called me to tell me about the damages. I found them when I went to the property two days later. The setup was done on 03/27/19 but did not pass the setup inspection on 03/29 because of the huge hole in the house. Once again, no one even notified me that the setup inspection had failed. I just happened to call OakCreek on 04/05/19 to find out the results. OakCreek told me the contractor was supposed to be out mid week the next week to do the repairs to the front of the house then it would have to be reinspected. The contractor finally called on 04/19/19 wanting us to unlock the gates to the property so they could get the repairs done. The setup inspector came back out on 04/22/19 to reinspect the house. No word yet or report yet on the setup inspection. As of today, May 7, 2019, we are still NOT even close to moving into our house. We still do NOT have electricity, water, sewer, or a driveway. We received a violation from the county today because OakCreek never filed an On-Site Sewage Facility Permit. It is going on six months now and we are no where close to moving in. The communication has been horrible! We have paid for a brand new home to be delivered and setup and now we have a damaged/repaired home. It is like buying a new vehicle and the transport company wreck it on the way to deliver it. It may be a "new" vehicle because it's never been titled yet but it is still a wrecked vehicle. I would like to know how you are going to compensate me for my troubles?

mobile home

Dear Oak Creek Homes of Lake Charles, LA I am NOT one to complain r bad mouth someone on social media but I...

management

Oak Creek Homes is the most unethical company I've ever dealt with. We went to the Huntsville TX store at the...

didn't want to give me service

I went in on 1/19/2016 to get in formation on a home the lady in the first office as soon I said my husband...

manufactured home

This company will not honor it's warranty. They promise to send out a repair man but no one ever shows up or calls. Once they know your number they stop answering your phone calls. Mary is their warranty service person and she is a flat out liar. No matter how many messages you leave she will not return your call. I had to use my friends phone and she answered. She made excuses for the repair person and promises but still no one showed up. My roof leaks, I had to repair it myself or have a flooded home. My windows started leaking and I discovered they did not caulk above the windows at all. Most had a quarter inch gap between the window frame and house. There is no way to know how much water has leaked into my walls now. I had to caulk them myself, repair man never showed up. Very poor workmanship on this house and no service rates them a big fat zero for me. Do NOT buy an Oak Creek Home.

Poor quality, junk trailer! Multiple issues

I was a first-time manufactured buyer in 2011. Previous to that I had always lived in site-built, quality homes. Oak Creek manufactured houses are built extremely cheaply. It is almost like living in a tent or shed. In spite of the fact that the house is a piece of junk, I was conned by Remax into paying $95, 000. When I tried to insure the house, I was told it was only worth $29, 000. So here is the first warning: If you plan on buying a new or used Oak Creek, get a full house inspection and appraisal so you dont pay 3X what it is worth. Here are just a few of the problems:
1.) Incredibly poor insulation, thin walls and poor windows. We suffer in winter, with the cold blasting in the paper-thin walls and cheap windows. I have had it 40 degrees INSIDE the house in winter, even with heaters and fireplace running. I have had it 96 degrees INSIDE the house in summer even with the a/c cranked on all day long and an astronomical electric bill. During summer, I can put my hand on an interior wall and feel blazing heat coming thru the wall from the outside! I can hear vehicles from the road 150 feet away like there is no wall at all! It wakes me up all night long.
2.) Junk siding and finishing work. The siding is not much better than painted cardboard. It is peeling up all over and if water hits it, it disintegrates. Around all the windows, the trim is cracking and developing holes
3.) Junk cabinets. Like cardboard with wood-colored stickers pasted on.
4.) Crooked doors, poor seals, wind comes in/drafty. Truly trash doors, I have to hang blankets up over the doors to partially stop the drafts. Had to tape up drafts around the door knobs and edges of doors and still the cold or heat comes in because they are paper thin.
5.) Windows again: very easily get messed up and are impossible to open, or jump out of their tracts and become crooked
6.) Walls again: dont let the kids slam a door or a whole section of the house can cave in. I could build a better house out of cardboard and wallpaper.
7.) Electrical issues, loose outlets, wiring problems, outlets out
8.) Not putting ventilation into all rooms.. Come on, people, how fun do you think it is to take a shower in a room with no heat in the middle of winter? ALL rooms need a vent from the central heat/air
9.) The shower and bath are so cheap I would expect to find quality like that in a rest stop in Mexico. Fail.. Could not even fit in a shower chair for handicapped family member into the 2" wide shower

I have more complaints but there is no room here. Fair warning to all home buyers: the oak creek mobiles may have a cute floor plan, but they are very shoddy construction, cheaply made, and not for a long-term home. Do an MLS search and find yourself a site built home. You can probably find one for the same price as a "trailer", and you will be much happier.

• Cr
    CRIScammedUs Sep 17, 2013

Oak Creek has been in business since 1984 and has built more than 50, 000 homes. Because of our thorough in-plant quality control and extensive third-party inspection programs, only a small fraction of our customers (far less than 1%) have any complaints. Through our customer care hotline (877/227-3041) or email address ([email protected]) we respond to those quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately we cannot respond to this specific complaint (anonymous with no details as to the age, model and serial number of the home).

DONNYGo Nov 26, 2013

I have a beautiful 2011 Oak Creek Home that required an excessive amount of work ignored by manufacturer. And I called the above number only to have more damage caused by your idiot contractors. I am a 1%’er, my feet are cold from the draft’s right now. Doors and jam’s not plumb. Using IR thermometer; very poor floor insulation at walls, probability due use of batts and sagging belly and missing insulation in ceiling. Biggest complaint is hvac system’s very poor installation and design causing total contamination of duct system. I will throw in the fact that siding needed secured to frame, nothing was caulked, and the paint must have washed off. I still haven’t replaced all the attic vents, only the one’s that allowed water to drip down thru the smoke detectors. Buy an Oak Creek home if you have the time and patience to make serious repairs, I did. But I will say astatically, it is a beautiful home. I added a picture of dirt on hvac fan due to design allowing unconditioned and unfiltered air to be distributed thru home. I added a homemade filter to catch some dirt, but still sucking in unconditioned (hot or cold air) that defeats the systems function. Also, HUD Standard is a problem not a solution.

Comments

quality of home

I hate this cheap home.We bought it in Sept 2011, & its now March '12.This home is built so cheaply it...

not true to their word, cheap homes

I purchased a home from Oak Creek in louisiana. Extremely disappointed with quality of home and services. I was told I was buying and paid for an Oak Creek and ended up with a Lancaster home which is a cheaper virsion home and came to my lot with nothing I ordered in it. I was not allowed to see the inside of the house until the movers were completed setting it up, otherwise it would have been taken back and I would not have accepted this home. They hire unprofessional contractors to trim out the home who have no respect and don't take pride in their work. Had a number issues with home, one causing mold and mildue due to faulty plumbing fixtures, called to make a warrenty claim and I was told I need to make a claim to my home owners insurance for the repairs costing me $2000 out of pocket. Seems like their 7 year warrenty is a joke or selling scam. I would suggest to be aware of Oak Creeks 's shady history and maybe even steer clear from making purchases or dealings with them.

william j smith tx May 28, 2013

we are also having problem with oakcreek homes in texas their quality is less than honorable they are heartless people, we are stuck with a house that is poorly put together by unqualified laborers. and was promised a warranty that covers nothing but hud needs to come inspect our home to keep more honest people from falling into this trap that kills all dreams of owning a dream home from oakcreek homes scam???

william j smith tx May 28, 2013

we hope to solve this problem with oakcreek homes but they are bound to blame everyone but their selves/we have talked to the better bussiness bureau and oakcreek blames us/all we want is a little help fixing our problem/we are seeking legal help now/any help would be appreciated to solve this one way or another

• Tr
    Trina Pullard Jun 14, 2016

My husband and I purchased a home last year from Oak Creek and we didn't get to see the inside till it was set up on our land. Before it was delivered we would go into the office trying to find out why we could not pull it up on the computer so we could see what it looks like, and Mr. Jim Taylor would tell us that it was a new model, and it had not been photographed yet. They filled out our papers wrong for the colors on the inside was supposed to be on the outside, and the outside color was supposed to be the color of our carpet on the I side. When they delivered the house they split the ceiling open in the living room we complained, and they came and patched it. You can tell the difference in the color of the paint on the ceiling. You can tell where the sheet rock is taped. They took several month's before they put the stripping on the sides to seal the sides together. We argued with them aboutthat, cause it was raining inside the walls, and also inside the master bathroom window. The toilets stay backed up, the shower fills up with water in the bottom like it is a tub. All the stripping on the walls keep coming a loose, the faucet for the washer is messed up, there is so much mold and mildew in this house in a year till it makes no since. It is even in the ceiling in my two boys bathroom, and bedrooms. The sink in the master bathroom is leaking got mildew on all my stuff that was under the sink. They didn't come to put the siding that has to be put around the bottom of the house for six months, and probably wouldn't have put it then if we would not have told them that the city was complaining about it, because it is a requirement on these homes. We can't even get in the space between the ceiling and the roof to get the mold and mildew cleaned out, cause there is no way I mean no way up there. Even the outside door keeps getting mildew. The house is not leveled, it has a raised part straight down the center where it connects. It squeaks, and shakes when you walk.these tubs, sinks, and showers are so cheap, that they are hard to clean. Don't know what kind of material they are made from. The walls are not connected to the floors everywhere. There is so much wrong with this home. If they would have let us see it first we would have never signed those papers, and now we are stuck with a home that is not worth the money we have to pay for it. We were told several good things in the beginning, but after we signed those papers everything changed. They changed their stories to everything they told us. I wish that we could get out of this, but as they keep telling us . We can't cause we signed those contracts. This should be against the law, and no one should have to sign any contracts until they have seen the product that they are purchasing. After we finished all the paperwork Mr. Taylor would not even talk to us anymore. We would have expected to talk to a lady named Donna who always had an attitude with us, and would lie to us. Everything is cheap in here, but the price is the same as the models that they have set up for you to look at on his lots. They make you think that, that is the product that you are going to get, and ND it is not. How do I get a better home for my family that is not a health hazard, cause we all stay sick, and we just been in here a year.

Unsatisfactory house

We bought a 2009 Oak Creek 18 X 80 from the Tulsa location and we have had nothing but problems with it every since! We have had problems with eveything from the electricity to the ceilings to the hot water heater. It has been very difficult to get them to come out and work on the house at all and when they do some of the work they do is very unsatisfactory. Our house is a very poor quality home and Oak Creek refuses to do anything to make this right. And their 7 year warrenty is a joke. If you are looking at buying a house I would not recommend Oak Creek. Their customer service is almost as bad as the quality they put into their houses.

unsatisfactory house

We purchased our home in 2009 from the Oak Creek Homes Tulsa lot. We were very impressed with the homes we looked at on the lot. Also we have good friends that own an Oak Creek home and they are very happy with this house. Upon receipt of this home we had many troubles with the house. Some things have been dealt with by Oak Creek. The reason it has taken so long to file this complaint is because Oak Creek would come out and take care of one issue and the next week another one would occur. This has gone on and on until now. Oak Creek did come out and fix most cosmetic issues but there are still some ligering structural problems that need to be dealt with and they are refusing to do anything to make this right. We are at the point now that we have been fighting with Oak Creek for almost 2 years and we have also been dealing with troubles on this house as long now we are wanting Oak Creek to take this house back. Upon receipt of this house we invited the guy who sold the house to us to come out and have a look at the quality home that we were given and still Oak Creek was hesitant to cooperate with us. The salesman told us he was in shock of our house. If this is true and Oak Creek does put out as good quality of homes as they claim then there should be no issue helping us get that. All we want is to live in the quality home we were shown on their lot and receive the customer service we were promised upon purchase of this house.

• Mr
    Mr.niceguy Nov 19, 2011

Don't feel alone, I have been having the same problem for two years .

william j smith tx May 21, 2013

we are just now having to deal with them /please help me get thru it anybody got a lawyer we can all share and fight as a group

dont know what to do Jun 13, 2017

@william j smith tx my new home was wrecked 2 times being delivered there are 432 places that need fixed can not move in it has been 4 months dont know what to do just getting the run around

chippette Aug 08, 2017

We had the Regional Vice President of Sales come through our home and cut his hand on the glass embedded in the walls. He couldn't believe the poor quality of the home. He was shocked that we had to use a cement block and a five gallon bucket to get into the house. His report went to the "compliance officer" and now we are engaged in a battle. All the timelines I keep mentioning about completion times are "not in your contract." I replied, that yes, I got this information from the 42 pages we were given and signed by both ourselves and OCH. Would the compliance officer like to have a file of the 42 pages and please let me know just what in these 42 pages OCH is responsible for. They are sending out an engineer, who works for RCS Enterprises, who works for Oak Creek Homes. The gentlemen is a "foundations" specialist and I asked the "compliance officer" if OCH is looking to point fingers and blame someone else for the poor construction of the home. At this point, the houses is un-liveable and basically in two pieces after being cut apart to re-level, with so many cracks, broken trim, shoddy work. However, since it is a HUD-Code house, it must meet HUD regulations that I have been researching. Since the outside doors do not open easily (the back door cannot close correctly or lock) the house is not level and it is in violation of HUD regulations. Thanks for listening.

dont know what to do Aug 09, 2017

I ended up calling Austin and had a inspector come out he sent responsible parties a certified letter giving them 30 days