NYSEGfrequent power outages

Last week we had three power outages - all on beautiful days - so not weather related - June 16, 2011 for almost 4 hours, June 20 and June 21st. There is almost never a week that goes by that I am not resetting all my digital clocks because of power sugers or complete outages or low voltage. They never give you an explanation when you call. And if you are one day late with your payment, they send out a very threatening letter. Worst company to deal with. I have lived in Pound Ridge for 10 years and wished I had bought a generator because NYSEG is so inefficient.

• Th
    threshingrockrd Jul 01, 2011

why do we have so many outages in pound ridge. This is like living in a third world country. Why should people have to buy generators? That doesn't make sense. Gotta cut down trees, I think. Does NYSEG ever tell us why so many outages?

• Tu
    tuxey Aug 27, 2011

i agree with the person who complained... right now, with hurricane irene working it's way up the coast, i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to deal with this. i don't drive, my husband works away for a week or more at a time, and there's no public transportation, none of which really is nyseg's fault. however, for the past two and a half years, whenever there's a storm, we lose power. it's not 'if' we will lose it, it's a given, we'll lose power... and there have been many times when the outage is close to a week! the inefficiency is staggering! if the reason is all those damned trees, then cut them down... don't sit around and futz all summer, send the work crews out to cut the trees, BEFORE they fall on the lines and cut power to the customers. bill the property owners for the costs... in fact, i'm surprised that they don't fine the property owners whose negligience allows their trees to fall on power lines. whatever, just be proactive and do something to prevent the rampant outages!!!

i can't wait until we can move out of this godforsaken hole and get a power company which actually delivers power!!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices