NWP WaterPrice gouging

M

I live in an upscale apt complex that has to deal with NWP for my water bill. I live alone. I travel 50% of the month.When I am home, I work 10-12 hour days away from home. I have a 1100 sq.ft. with 2bed/2 bath. I am charged the same amount as a family with 2-3 children or people that have 1-2 roommates. Water is plentiful in Nashville, in fact we have water all around and facilites to process it. It is insane that I should have a $50 water/sewer /trash bill given the situation. They are the worst at customer service. My own mgt.staff has trouble with them.
THIS IS WRONG!

• Vg
    VG Tenants Mar 16, 2018

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
    NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
    "In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.

• R1
    R1301H Jul 14, 2016

I live in an upscale townhome. I live alone. I do not use the dishwasher. I turn the hot water off constantly as I am washing dishes. I am billed over $100 for water, valet trash, dumpster and parking. The management of my apartment complex has not lifted a finger to help me figure out why my water is so high. I have asked and asked. When you ask a lot, the management labels you as a problem tenant and then when maintenance needs to be done, the maintenance staff just doesn't show up.

There is no help. This is a horrid, dishonest scam. Who in the world would help us at Hillmeade in Nashville?

• Rb
    RB111 Jun 10, 2015

I have had the same experience as the first comment. They point fingers at each other. SCAM! How can I get help?

• 2l
    2lateee Aug 21, 2012

So what you're saying is NWP is blaming the management company and the management company is blaming NWP. Personally that is a bunch of mess! I too live in a two bedroom/2 bath with no little children and am usually away from home. I could care less who is at fault but you are right about one thing.. I will be handling it with management and they can take it up with NWP. The real issue is the extreme costs.

• Do
    DoctorFacilier Apr 25, 2011

NWP is a 3rd Pary Billing company that is working for your property to send out bills and recieve payments. NWP has no control over what you are being billed, they take the information that is provided by your property and proccess the bill. They do what they can to help their customers, with what limited abilities they have to serve their residenents with what the property has provided them to work with.

Matt567 Jan 08, 2011

You are wrong. NWP is only a billing service. Your bill is reflective on the cost of utilities by your city. NWP only bills out the actual cost charged by your local utility district. They are a billing service, not the utility company. It's amazing how many of these complaints are mis-directed. If you have an issue with your bill, then your management needs to adjust it to keep you happy, because you're getting billed based on the billing method your property's management company chose to use. NWP is just the "messenger"