Nutrisystemdeceptive wording "auto-delivery"

G

I checked "auto-delivery" on their website on my initial order which costs me over $350.00. No where that I can find does "auto-delivery" mean "auto-purchase". I did want the food auto delivered to my home. Thought that was what the phrase meant. I was definitely wrong. When my 2nd months order appeared and I knew I hadn't authorized them to charge me again, I called to complain. Found out their "auto-delivery" means they can continue to charge me. I asked that they refund my money and take back their box of food. Was then told that would cost me $99.00 plus the expense of sending the food back plus the 2 week delay once they had the box of food of refunding the rest of my money back into my account. The a-hole on the "customer care line" (what a joke) was rude and used the "terms and conditions" like a sword. I was told ALL that information was in the "terms and conditions" section and I should have read it. Do you know why that info is not out on the main website. Because no one would purchase their products, they hide it inside another page and use deceptive phrases like "auto-delivery". Steer clear of this company ladies and gentlemen, they are not concerned with your well being, but their wallets.

RESOLVED

• NutriSystem's response · Sep 18, 2016

Hello Gary,
    Thank you for writing a review about your experience with Nutrisystem. We are sorry to hear it was not a good one. We would like to contact you regarding your experience and look into this for you. Would you be willing to write us at [email protected] with your email address on file? We look forward to hearing from you.

• NutriSystem's response · Nov 12, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience recently and would be happy to look into your concern for you. At your earliest convenience, please send us an email to [email protected] Please include the name, email, and/or phone number that is on your account.

We look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy your weekend!

• Wi
    Wilmington17 Jun 19, 2017

I too fell victim for the same reason. When I received an email saying my next order was shipping (Sunday) I called immediately. The staff was rude beyond belief. Two hung up on me. I immediately contacted my credit card company to dispute any further charges. This is very deceptive as I too did not click the auto delivery key thinking I was not interested in monthly, only one month. I, too, was not allowed to speak with a supervisor. Sadly, they may have had future business with me but never again. I will wait to see what happens going forward but I will do everything in my power to refute a charge that is unfairly hidden and refuse the delivery,

• Nutrisystem1 Jun 20, 2017

@Wilmington17 Hello Wilmington17,
    We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our Auto-Delivery policy. We would be happy to look into your concern deeper. Please send us an email to [email protected] with the email address that is listed on your account. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Bu
    BuyerBeware2016 Nov 12, 2016

I wish I would have read this gentleman's complaint before I ordered Nutrisystem because I also fell victim to their false and misleading advertising and deceptive billing practices. Since I thought Nutrisystem was a respectable company, I would have never dreamt it would stoop to such unethical measures to bilk their customers out of an extra $99, but I was wrong.. And if getting ripped of isn't bad enough, the treatment I received a customer service representative was shocking. He was rude and refused to escalate my call to a supervisor because that's exactly what he been trained to do. He basically told me I was screwed.

Since I'm obviously not the only victim of their "scam", I find it laughable that has "Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team". I'm sure they are kept very busy responding to and resolving the dozens of complaints that have been file with the BBB as well as other sites like this. Still, Nutrisystem must be making lots of money off all the folks who do not lodge complaints or they would be more honest and upfront about their actual billing practices before you place an order.

I will never again use Nutrisystem