Having problems with NutriSystem?

NutriSystem reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2007. The latest review Service was posted on Sep 17, 2021. The latest complaint Service was resolved on Sep 17, 2021. NutriSystem has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 66 reviews. NutriSystem has resolved 56 complaints.

NutriSystem Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 585 5483 (Customer Service)
600 Office Center Drive
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
United States - 19034

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NutriSystem Customer Service. Initial NutriSystem complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NutriSystem above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NutriSystem. Discuss the issues you have had with NutriSystem and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NutriSystem Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Nutrisystemnutrisystem

you should be advised that your response about my complaint is unacceptable... I have already sent a complaint to the PA Arrorney general. My next round of complains is to my two senators, one congressman and the federal trade commission will include my photograph with my disability. That is because I actually gained weight using your product and you took advantage of my as a disabled senior citizen with your deceptive guarantee and weight loss claims
by the way I forgot to mention the AARP and the VFW of which I am a member. Enjoy my contribution to your fraud as I guarantee I will keep you so busy responding to each and every agency and I will generate so much negative publicity for your firm that you will which you settled earlier.
PS did I mention small claims court. Not likely to get a recovery there but a judgment against your firm will be sufficient.
as you can tell I am quite angry with for so called program but I have unlimited time to pursue this matter

• NutriSystem's response · Mar 20, 2017

Hello Thomas,

We are sorry to hear about your displeasure with the program. We did not intent to deceive you with our ads. We are sorry to hear that you gained weight on the program. Our program is designed for weight loss when followed correctly. If you would like some help navigating the program, give us a call at [protected], option 2 to speak with one of our Weight Loss Counselors. We wish you the best of luck, Thomas.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Nutrisystem — cancellation

I tried to cancel via phone but was left on hold for 45 & 50 minutes. Went to the website to cancel and no...

Nutrisystemrefund from nutrisystem

I ordered one of the NutriSystem food plans. I tried the food and was less than satisfied. So according to the NutriSystem policy, I can return the food and receive a refund less the shipping to send it back. I returned the food. I am still awaiting my refund. It has been 2 months. This company promises a refund if not satisfied. I have already called about this once and was promised it would be taken care of. It has not been handled. I was told to call again. Very unsatisfied consumer!!

• NutriSystem's response · Feb 21, 2017

Hello,
        Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you have been waiting so long to receive your refund. We would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us an email to [email protected] with the email and or phone number on the account and we can look into this further for you.
        We hope to hear from you soon!
        The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Respond

Nutrisystem — deceptive wording "auto-delivery"

I checked "auto-delivery" on their website on my initial order which costs me over $350.00. No where that I...

Penn

Nutrisystemcancellation process

I just started with Nutrisystems (on 05/55/2016). After 2 weeks, I lost 16 pounds. My wife passed away on 06/02 and I knew I had to delay my diet plan. I called Nutrisytems yesterday and asked to have my account canceled. The customer service rep. told me the orders were automatic and I had to complete 2 orders before I could cancel. I lost my temper and yelled at him. I told him I see not see or sign for auto refills. At the end, he "allowed" me to cancel but charged me a $90 fee for cancellation. P.S. I did not mention my wife's passing nor did he seem interested in why I wanted to cancel.

• NutriSystem's response · Jun 11, 2016

Hello Hankk,
          We want to offer our sincerest condolences on the passing of your wife. We are sorry to hear about the issues you had with discontinuing your program. We would like to take a look into this further for you to see if we can come up with a satisfactory resolution to your situation. Could you please write us at [email protected] in reference to your review? In your email, please provide us with the email address on your account so that we can more easily assist you. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Nutrisystem experience!
          The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

1 Response

Nutrisystemweight-loss program

Received food yesterday and couldn't find any definitive guidelines in their Get-Started brochure. Read all material multiple times & made a list of about a dozen questions. Called their "counselor" this morning. Recorded message says I will b e on hold for 10 minutes (!?) but operator came on at 15 minutes. I explained that I wanted to get started but couldn't find any detailed guidelines... only "take a picture, go on-line, record daily intake, lose weight." Ummm, but how to get started? So, operator puts me on hold for another 10 minutes... now I'm getting angry (as I strongly suspect she's just letting me cool my jets). At this point, I can't hang up & call back or I will be back in the 15 minute hold rotation again. When she finally returns, I confirm that I want to cancel. She puts me back on hold (to email a FedEx label to me). I wasted about 45 minutes, approximately 3 of which were with a live person, and ask "Bernadette" for her employee i.d. She doesn't have one... how can I reach her if I call back? I can't. So, I then indicate that I want to take the survey at the end of my call. She, in theory, forwards or connects me to the survey... the phone rings, & rings, & rings...15+ rings later someone picks up who identifies that their was a phone ringing at a desk & no one was answering so she went over to that desk & picked up. I explained that I was waiting for the "survey" and she connected my call. I voted no satisfaction to all electronic questions asked. Retrieved the box I had broken down from recycling and am returning all product, ASAP. BTW, None of this speaks to the quality of the food. I'll leave that to your own personal tastes.
        I doubt that anyone cares, but felt I should forewarn other potentially gullible enrollees.

Nutrisystemeverything is terrible!

I wish I had never used the Nutrisystem. They absolutely don't care about their clients and do not listen to them. Everything about them is terrible. Their old site was great. There was everything we needed - the food, water and exercise trackers. But now they have this awful new facebook page. They have taken away the most valuable tools. Now we are forced to join facebook community. The tracker there has absolutely different calorie counts of food. I don't know now which of them is right, the new one or the old one. There was a very important option the daily dose clicker. But took it away too. Food there is very expensive and that option helped us saving some money. Now it's more difficult to follow NS plan. And that is not just my opinion. All people who have participated in both the old and "new" websites think the same. I'm thinking of quitting NS and I think they will continue losing customers.

• NutriSystem's response · Jun 28, 2016

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for your review of Nutrisystem, we do appreciate everyone's feedback! We would be happy to look at your account . Would you be willing to contact us at [email protected] and provide us with an email address to locate your account with? Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

The Consumer Experience Team

2 Responses
            • Ev
              Evelyn D Colwell Jun 28, 2016

I hate nutrisystem and do not want another shipment, I hate the food. How do I cancel now.

• Vi
              Vicki elston Feb 22, 2016

I didn't have freezer so had to go with the non frozen foods and they were gross-- several of them tasted like the worst food I'd ever eaten-- the beef meals tasted like the smell of doggood

Nutrisystemdon't give them your credit card number!

I gave them my credit card number and they continued to charge their product to it even after I cancelled ! when I called, the black woman I spoke with that kept saying "ax" - as in - "let me ax you a question" - was useless. she even laughed when I told her to stop charging my card and within minutes I had another charge put on my card. once that happens, you have to dispute it with your card company, then they review, then they keep going back and forth with the company - and you keep sending information after information and it takes forever to get them to admit they are wrong (if they do). will never use nutrisystems again and will give them a bad review wherever I can, to anyone I can! and they substituted what they wanted you to have in food and it was horrible - I wouldn't have fed it to my dog!

Respond

Nutrisystemthe taste was terrible and I didn't like their frozen food

People, don’t try to lose weight by using the website www.nutrisystem.com. I have tried their food and tasted like something frozen, but when I ate, I didn’t feel taste of food at all. I didn’t understand the flavour and was shocked that someone liked it and posted positive reviews on the website. I don’t trust them and wanted to warn other people about their strange food and taste. Don’t torture yourself.

Nutrisystem — disgusting

OMG! Worst decision I ever made! Don't be fooled by the lovely pictures of the food on tv. That is NOT...

Nutrisystembuyer beware!

Nutrisystem offers you a money back offer if you are not pleased. Buyers beware, while they love to sell you their product, they will do everything they can to avoid taking your calls to get a refund, money back or return products.
                If you really like good food, do not purchase this product, I found it to taste horrible and like glue, and since I do not eat sweets anyway, they were still included. They were horrible... I got such bad diarrhea from one of the items, and the chicken fettucini stayed in my mouth for a full day. It was awful. If you want to diet... Learn to diet the right way.
                I did it myself and lost 7 lbs in the first week by stabilizing my blood sugar and keeping it so I did not swing, so good carbs and good proteins... No sodas, no sugars, nothing that will make you crave things as nutrisystem did. Whoever said this program worked for them has no idea of what good food is... I found it to be simply horrible. It was just as easy for me to go buy a breakfast bar, yogurt, and then eat smart ones or lean cuisines from the frozen food aisles and using the glucerna hunger smart shakes I was able to curb my cravings for carbs... Then I bought the 5 day trial of the program from walmart... Don't do it. The food was awful and I am so glad, I did not buy a month or two of food for them because it was money wasted.
                I filed a cpsc complaint as well.. I actually gained 3 lbs back on the 5 day trial because there was so much sugar and desserts that I began to crave carbs at night never again.

Respond

Nutrisystem — plans go on sale after you buy

Please be aware that you may purchase a Nutrisystem 28-day program in good faith only to find out 2 week...

Nutrisystem — marie osmond

This doesn't effect me personally but I have a problem with Marie Osmond saying in the 'Nutrisystem...

Nutrisystem — this is a great diet if you hate food

This is a great diet if you hate food! I am being very serious. There are individuals who do not eat and...

Nutrisystem — nutrisystem does not let customer close account online

I received my first nutri system shipment on time and I ate nutrisystem food for 15-18 days but did not see...

Nutrisystemcharged me to cancel

I signed up for monthly delivery of the meal program using a discount I received from my aetna health benefits. The quality of the food was terrible. The diet requried me to spend hunderds of additional dollars on proteins and salads to add to the diet that I already paid hundreds of dollars for to nutrisystem. I canceled my program because of the poor quality and taste of the foods. In turn, they charged me $62 to make up for the aetna discount I received when I joined. What a scam! I want to warn the world to stay away from nutrisystem.

1 Response
                    • Je
                      Jean Walton Jul 30, 2019

Attn All: If you think you're going to get anywhere calling their phone number I have this to say... you can listen to that menu all day and it will NOT give you any of the information you seek. This whole thing is a rip off scam if you ask me.

Nutrisystem — nutrisystem food

I finally decided to try Nutrisystem a few months ago since I had always wanted to. The food was just...

Nutrisystemscam!!!

Total rip off, doesn't tell you that you have to pay to cancel your order. Counselors condescending and unhelpful.

3 Responses
                      • Pi
                        pikechaser Apr 18, 2019

They sent me a second order when I bought the first one during their 50% sale. I refused the order and was informed since I was supposed to get auto delivery for another order the discount difference will be charged. It was supposed to be pointed out on the website when I ordered but I never noticed it at all. Also the food is terrible and fixing it is not convenient at all.

Herb

• Lo
                        LoriA. May 01, 2015

My daughter and I ordered NutriSystem through Costco after seeing Marie Osmond brag about losing 50lbs. "Because the food taste good". We knew she was lying after we tasted the food. Nothing is edible! Horrible food! She must be lying, nobody can stay on this diet for any length of time! They charged me to return the food and cancel!

• Ba
                        BarryR.Rabowski Aug 13, 2011

Nutrisystem — deceptive business practices

I received a promotional offer from Nutrisystem in the mail for "1 week free, " prompting me to check out...

Nutrisystem — credit card fraud

Nutrisystem, inc. Fraudulently billed my credit card twice on the same day. After more than a dozen phone...