Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] everything is terrible!

I wish I had never used the Nutrisystem. They absolutely don't care about their clients and do not listen to them. Everything about them is terrible. Their old site was great. There was everything we needed - the food, water and exercise trackers. But now they have this awful new facebook page. They have taken away the most valuable tools. Now we are forced to join facebook community. The tracker there has absolutely different calorie counts of food. I don't know now which of them is right, the new one or the old one. There was a very important option the daily dose clicker. But took it away too. Food there is very expensive and that option helped us saving some money. Now it's more difficult to follow NS plan. And that is not just my opinion. All people who have participated in both the old and "new" websites think the same. I'm thinking of quitting NS and I think they will continue losing customers.

RESOLVED

• NutriSystem's response · Jun 28, 2016

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for your review of Nutrisystem, we do appreciate everyone's feedback! We would be happy to look at your account . Would you be willing to contact us at [email protected] and provide us with an email address to locate your account with? Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

The Consumer Experience Team

• Vi
    Vicki elston Feb 22, 2016

I didn't have freezer so had to go with the non frozen foods and they were gross-- several of them tasted like the worst food I'd ever eaten-- the beef meals tasted like the smell of doggood

• Ev
    Evelyn D Colwell Jun 28, 2016

I hate nutrisystem and do not want another shipment, I hate the food. How do I cancel now.

don't give them your credit card number!

I gave them my credit card number and they continued to charge their product to it even after I cancelled ! when I called, the black woman I spoke with that kept saying "ax" - as in - "let me ax you a question" - was useless. she even laughed when I told her to stop charging my card and within minutes I had another charge put on my card. once that happens, you have to dispute it with your card company, then they review, then they keep going back and forth with the company - and you keep sending information after information and it takes forever to get them to admit they are wrong (if they do). will never use nutrisystems again and will give them a bad review wherever I can, to anyone I can! and they substituted what they wanted you to have in food and it was horrible - I wouldn't have fed it to my dog!

the taste was terrible and I didn't like their frozen food

People, don’t try to lose weight by using the website www.nutrisystem.com. I have tried their food and tasted like something frozen, but when I ate, I didn’t feel taste of food at all. I didn’t understand the flavour and was shocked that someone liked it and posted positive reviews on the website. I don’t trust them and wanted to warn other people about their strange food and taste. Don’t torture yourself.

disgusting

OMG! Worst decision I ever made! Don't be fooled by the lovely pictures of the food on tv. That is NOT...

buyer beware!

Nutrisystem offers you a money back offer if you are not pleased. Buyers beware, while they love to sell you their product, they will do everything they can to avoid taking your calls to get a refund, money back or return products.
If you really like good food, do not purchase this product, I found it to taste horrible and like glue, and since I do not eat sweets anyway, they were still included. They were horrible... I got such bad diarrhea from one of the items, and the chicken fettucini stayed in my mouth for a full day. It was awful. If you want to diet... Learn to diet the right way.
I did it myself and lost 7 lbs in the first week by stabilizing my blood sugar and keeping it so I did not swing, so good carbs and good proteins... No sodas, no sugars, nothing that will make you crave things as nutrisystem did. Whoever said this program worked for them has no idea of what good food is... I found it to be simply horrible. It was just as easy for me to go buy a breakfast bar, yogurt, and then eat smart ones or lean cuisines from the frozen food aisles and using the glucerna hunger smart shakes I was able to curb my cravings for carbs... Then I bought the 5 day trial of the program from walmart... Don't do it. The food was awful and I am so glad, I did not buy a month or two of food for them because it was money wasted.
I filed a cpsc complaint as well.. I actually gained 3 lbs back on the 5 day trial because there was so much sugar and desserts that I began to crave carbs at night never again.

plans go on sale after you buy

Please be aware that you may purchase a Nutrisystem 28-day program in good faith only to find out 2 week...

[Resolved] marie osmond

This doesn't effect me personally but I have a problem with Marie Osmond saying in the 'Nutrisystem...

this is a great diet if you hate food

This is a great diet if you hate food! I am being very serious. There are individuals who do not eat and therefore gain weight. This may help them. The food tastes like freeze dried waste! The plan bases itself on shakes that are way overpriced and a total fad. Can you lose weight on this diet? Yes. Likelihood of keeping weight off: less than 10%. I am speaking not only from personal experience yet experience of many friends that have tried this. Bad diet, waste of money.

• Do
    Dogme Jul 30, 2012

I ordered with nutrisystem and the food I got was nasty. Full of salt, impossible to eat. I spoke with an agent who gave me a returned address. I returned it by USPS and after a few weeks find out the address the agent gave me was fake. Now it looks like I am out of the money. Such a battle dealing with this company.

• Jc
    JCNutrisystem Jul 30, 2012

My name is John Calabrese and I am the Director of Customer Service at Nutrisystem. I would be happy to help. Can you please e-mail me your name, address and telephone# associated with your account to [email protected] and I will review your concern and provide resolution. Thank you.

• Di
    diamun May 10, 2013

Not true. Proven fact that overweight people are not eating enough of healthy foods sustaining nutrition in their bodies. The body thinks its starving and holds onto the fat. If they ate MORE food it would satisfy the body to release the fat. Empty calories are a vicious cycle of being hungry, and short time later being hungry again. Even though they are overweight, they are litteraly "starving their bodies". They need to eat more often with balanced nutrition, to not only feel better, but shed the fat too.

[Resolved] nutrisystem does not let customer close account online

I received my first nutri system shipment on time and I ate nutrisystem food for 15-18 days but did not see any difference in weight-lose. I was very much much disappointed with the quality of nutrisystem food, I never felt like eating food. So I decided to cancel the nutrisystem and checked online portal to stop the shipping or delete account. Interestingly - nutrisystem does not allow customers to cancel/delete account of further shipments online. I delayed my second shipment for one-two months, however forgot to call nutrisystem customer care and close the account.

I noticed $229.99 on my credit card statement 3-4 weeks back, that's when I noticed that the auto-shipment is active and nutrisystem sent the second shipment, I checked my nutrisystem account portal to cancel order, but again no such option is available online. So I contacted customer care and requested for return/cancel my order. I was asked to reject fedex shipment and ask fedex to return back the shipment for refund also to avoid any shipping fees. So I did the same and shipment was returned.

Now I find $142.50 restored back to my credit card on 7/20, where is remaining $87.49? I contacted nutrisystem customer care, and agent had no interests in helping me, instead kept on explaining me this fee is based on a previous discount! What??

I do not find a reason why I should give nutrisystem $87.49 for nothing!,

RESOLVED

• NutriSystem's response · Sep 01, 2016

Hello Mike,
    Thank you for writing a review about your experience with Nutrisystem. We are sorry to hear it was not a good one. We would like to contact you regarding your experience and look into this for you. Would you be willing to write us at [email protected] with your email address on file? We look forward to hearing from you.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

• Ka
    Kate Wills Apr 18, 2016

Read the terms and conditions carefully. They explain that you can cancel in the first 14 days for a full refund. After that, you are responsible for any food consumed as well as your discount since te discount is applied under the assumtion you will be ordering regularly (think of it as a bulk discount).When you sign up for auto-ship, they discount your rates for your entire program. They also very clearly explain that if you do not cancel in the first 14 days, you will be responsible for the auto-ship discount that was applied to your first month. If on the phone, they tell you this amount. On the web its in the fine print. Sounds like this person didn't understand what they bought.

Mike Porter Jr Aug 21, 2016

Sounds like Kate works for Nutrisystem (a dishonest, consumer-hostile company that makes it easy to sign up, and much more difficult to cancel).

Mike C 1984 Feb 12, 2017

Nutrisystem is a horrible company to deal with. Some of the food is good, but they hate their customers and squeeze them for every penny they can. The fact that you have to read the fine print to know about these charges is immoral. Maybe you should read it, but in reality, almost nobody does. Will never deal with them again. I was lucky to find on a Google search that I would owe a lot of money if I didn't cancel within 14 days. That 14 days ends tomorrow. Need to make sure I call them in time.

• Nutrisystem1 Feb 17, 2017

@Mike C 1984 Hello,

We are sad to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. When signing up online, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. We are sorry that they were not clear to you. Please shoot us an email at [email protected] if you would like for us to look into this for you.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Mike C 1984 Feb 12, 2017

Oh, and the agents in their call centers have horrible attitudes. They must not be paying them much of the insane amounts of money they essentially con out of people.

• Je
    Jean Walton Jul 30, 2019

This is certainly a horrible company to deal with. I called to end the delivery after only one delivery. I was pressured to keep on receiving shipments and was told I would have to pay $125 fee. Finally I told the lady I was talking to I would pay the damn $125 but I didn't want any more shipments, thank you and slammed down the receiver. Sorry for the language as I was exhausted trying to end this association.
    No place on the site to delete your account, no way to end the shipments. One of the most horrible companies I have ever tried to deal with. How does one deal with this????

charged me to cancel

I signed up for monthly delivery of the meal program using a discount I received from my aetna health benefits. The quality of the food was terrible. The diet requried me to spend hunderds of additional dollars on proteins and salads to add to the diet that I already paid hundreds of dollars for to nutrisystem. I canceled my program because of the poor quality and taste of the foods. In turn, they charged me $62 to make up for the aetna discount I received when I joined. What a scam! I want to warn the world to stay away from nutrisystem.

• Je
    Jean Walton Jul 30, 2019

Attn All: If you think you're going to get anywhere calling their phone number I have this to say... you can listen to that menu all day and it will NOT give you any of the information you seek. This whole thing is a rip off scam if you ask me.

nutrisystem food

I finally decided to try Nutrisystem a few months ago since I had always wanted to. The food was just...

scam!!!

Total rip off, doesn't tell you that you have to pay to cancel your order. Counselors condescending and unhelpful.

• Ba
    BarryR.Rabowski Aug 13, 2011

• Lo
    LoriA. May 01, 2015

My daughter and I ordered NutriSystem through Costco after seeing Marie Osmond brag about losing 50lbs. "Because the food taste good". We knew she was lying after we tasted the food. Nothing is edible! Horrible food! She must be lying, nobody can stay on this diet for any length of time! They charged me to return the food and cancel!

• Pi
    pikechaser Apr 18, 2019

They sent me a second order when I bought the first one during their 50% sale. I refused the order and was informed since I was supposed to get auto delivery for another order the discount difference will be charged. It was supposed to be pointed out on the website when I ordered but I never noticed it at all. Also the food is terrible and fixing it is not convenient at all.

Herb

deceptive business practices

I received a promotional offer from Nutrisystem in the mail for "1 week free, " prompting me to check out their website. On the normal website, the price listed for a 4-week program was $239, but I couldn't find a way to enter the promotion code for the free week. Looking closer at the offer, it gave a web address that took me straight to the promotional offer for "1 week free." The pricing on this separate page was $299. When I used their online customer service chat function to try to understand the discrepancy, the representative first agree that the current price was $239, then began to adamantly declare the price was $299, and I could choose my promotion for "1 week free" or their "rollback price" of $239 - the current price. Confusing and deceptive - I wouldn't trust a company that tries to pull the wool over their customers' eyes like this on the front end to do the right thing in helping me achieve my weight loss goals. Buyer beware!

• Ri
    Ripped off of $60 Apr 11, 2011

I agree that they are ripping people off!!! I placed the order and went to cancel it, they told me i had to pay $60.00 for cancelling and that i had to have known this information.. which i did not!!! NUTRISYSTEM IS A BIG RIP OFF!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO NOONE!!!

• La
    laniez May 22, 2011

For one, I had the same two offers and it really wasn't that difficult to understand. You could get 4 weeks free, and pay more per month, or you could pay less per month. They tell you when you order that you have to pay back the $60 if you cancel--do you have any idea how much it costs to ship a 20lb package via UPS, and they don't charge us shipping? Not a NS employee, just a happy customer--and a customer who is losing weight.

• Ri
    Ripped off of $60 May 24, 2011

Well good for you, but when I ordered. I ordered online and their was nothing there, I even did the order again under a different name and there was nothing there saying about a $60 charge back fee! And as for you not working for NS... and congrats on you loosing weight, because from complaints Ive read on NS and the reports on TV, you are in the few that have, Enjoy!!

• St
    Steve C-S Nov 23, 2011

I was one of the foolish ones. I browsed online, saw only their claims that there are NO COMMITMENTS CANCELL ANYTIME in large letters underneath every type of plan. I disliked the food, cancelled and then found out from a supervisor that at the bottom the lengthy web page that shows all their food plans, in small type hidden in a narrow box under a scroll. are the terms and conditions. Which states that there is a two month commitment.
    I would never have entered that agreement. NO ONE told me there was a penalty for cancellation, I stated to the my order taker that my plan was to TRY the food. for one month to see if I liked it. It was horrible, Some meals so salty that they hit the trash immediately. If I didn't already have a bad taste in my mouth from the the strange tasting ingredient in the food. I certainly had one when I cancelled and found out that I was going to be charged 63.00 to cancel.

• Su
    Susan Chambers Mar 31, 2016

We have received a years' worth of both boxed and iced meals from Nutrisystem in a one-week period. We've canceled our debit card, talked to our bank and Nutrisystem's useless customer service (what a joke). Orders were set up as auto refill which, of course, doesn't explain why we've already received a year of food. I have never ever ordered Nutrisystem ever. I'm thinking about suing them. Their processes beg improvement or, at least, common sense.

• Sq
    Squeaker0110 Aug 28, 2019

Universal Citation: NJ Rev Stat § 56:8-2 (2015)

56:8-2. Fraud, etc., in connection with sale or advertisement of merchandise or real estate as unlawful practice
    The act, use or employment by any person of any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise, misrepresentation, or the knowing, concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact with intent that others rely upon such concealment, suppression or omission, in connection with the sale or advertisement of any merchandise or real estate, or with the subsequent performance of such person as aforesaid, whether or not any person has in fact been misled, deceived or damaged thereby, is declared to be an unlawful practice; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall apply to the owner or publisher of newspapers, magazines, publications or printed matter wherein such advertisement appears, or to the owner or operator of a radio or television station which disseminates such advertisement when the owner, publisher, or operator has no knowledge of the intent, design or purpose of the advertiser.

L.1960, c. 39, p. 138, s. 2. Amended by L.1967, c. 301, s. 2, eff. Feb. 15, 1968; L.1971, c. 247, s. 1, eff. June 29, 1971; L.1975, c. 294, s. 1, eff. Jan. 19, 1976.

credit card fraud

Nutrisystem, inc. Fraudulently billed my credit card twice on the same day. After more than a dozen phone calls and emails to their "customer service" (Pardon me, I gagged for a moment) department, I didn't get as much as an apology. I've filed with the bbb, the ftc, my credit card agency, cancelled the card, and hope to somehow communicate to these people that they cannot conduct business this way. Nuts!

• Ml
    MLHillen Nov 04, 2010

My husband and I are into the Nutisystems program two months. We were overwhelmed with so much product and did return some for exchange. The meals are alright provided you can add some protein of your own and so far it is working.
    However, our immediate concern is that someone in Pennsilvania has been using our credit card for their own purchases!!! Three the day after we were charged for our next delivery, my husband's credit card was cancelled. We don't know anyone in Pennsylvania nor have we been there!
    The credit card company does NOT appear to be doing anything about it, investigating. They seem to be just writing it off eventhou we called to inform them of our suspicsions.
    When we spoke with Nutrisystems staff, they stated we couldn't prove anyone on their staff could have done this, eventhou they were the only one's who had our credit information.
    Has anyone else had this problem??????????????

fraud

I purchased Nutri System Vegitarian Diet. I began my diet and after three days noticed that several of my soups had fish in them! I am vegitarian and it was labled as vegitarian. I called NS and was given the option of two soups to choose from. The soups came about a week later.

I canceled my order since the food was awful and there were only a few true vegitarian lunch items. I was assured that my order was canceled before my next shipment was scheduled. About two weeks later I received another shipment. I called NS and I was told to "refuse" the order. It was picked up four days later by UPS.

My online checking acccount showed that I was charged 299.95 for the food. I had to borrow money so that I would not overdraw on my checking account. I finally got them to credit my account then learned that I was being charged a $50.00 cancelation fee. I asked where it was on the website and the assistant could not tell me. I'm on a limited budget and I have been ripped off.

unauthorized charge

Be carefull!!! I ordered what I thought was a 30 day supply. Well, it was but I never asked for a second...

money scam

Ordered it back in january, tried it, so unpalatable I shipped it back (One item tasted like spam).
First you have to get an authorization #, then it cost me 46 dollars (Not refundable) to send it back, they received it on feb. 16, I followed with call on april 24 wanting to know why my account wasn't credited and was told that somebody forgot to credit back my account, now it is the 2nd of may and i'm still waiting to get my money back. I would certainly cancel the auto ship right away. I'm still paying interest on my money.

refund of returned products

We tried the product with results. The convience was a plus. However, upon returning the unused products we...

[Resolved] ripped me off

I wanted to send the food back called customer service they gave me a return number and then gave me a bogu...

the stuff is terrible

Nutrisystem nourish www.Nutrisystem. com I ordered this system from the tv commercial. When I got it the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices