Nortonyour employee bryan morgan #687859

P

Today, 6/21/16, I used the internet chat for help to install a Norton antivirus product. Bryan took control of my computer remotely and helped me with my issue but then used the notepad to start writing about and trying to "NSA" anti-hacking software for $389.00

I told him I would have to speak to my husband first and would call him back and he said we are only here until 6 pm (it was roughly 5:30 or so at the time). I continued to tell him I would have to talk to my husband first and he asked where he was. I said he may be outside. I'm not sure. He then went on to say he would wait on the phone while I spoke to him. I told him NO and then he said he would call back in 15 minutes - which he did - 3 times. I didn't answer as this was NOT a normal occurrence with a supposedly reputable company. He gave me a phone number for him of [protected].

I am very displeased to say the least and don't know if I will ever do business with you again.

Patricia Cassidy

RESOLVED

• Norton's response · Jun 24, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like you have contacted a third party support who does not have any relation with us. They might charge for support and also try to sell additional softwares. If you need any help with your Norton, please contact our phone/chat support. You can find the contact details here: http://www.norton.com/cs Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Norton's response · Sep 01, 2016

Sorry, it seems like you have contacted a third party support. You can find the right contact information here: www.norton.com/cs
    Let me know if you need any help. :)
    Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Sp
    sprit88 Aug 31, 2016

I too have had a major problem with Norton.
    The Automatic System for renewal charged me $97.75 for a one year subscription. Last year I paid 65.00. Therefore, I called Norton last night (8/30/21016) at 5:00 p.m..the gentleman, Mark Thompson, had me on the phone for one hour. Ridiculous ! He credited me back the excessive fee.. which took 30 minutes. He then stated that he would have to check my software because if there were any problems, he would not be able to install the new subscription without fixing the software. He wanted over $369.00 which I do not have at this time nor would I pay for same. Had I known, I would have simply gone to Frys Electronics for help. Norton is nothing but a racket or sham to get money. I will probably get a refund as my subscription is due for renewal in 12 days. This is absolutely no way to do business and it is highly inappropriate...FRAUD !
    Suffice to say, the new subscription was $49.00 (Standard Package) plus 100.00 to Clean and Optimize . They work with a sister company in another state for the tech support. Another nightmare of another hour. More people getting a commission for services which one does not need. FRAUD. Patti