Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Other North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] Charges that I was told would be voided.

North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] review: Charges that I was told would be voided.

A
Author of the complaint
6:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a bill of $345 for paper plates that I now have a toll tag for. I contact NTTA to have my new toll tag applied to the bill so it could be reduced, and I could pay it on 3/19. During the call, the lady I spoke with advised that she had removed the bill and I would not be billed for the charges. I asked her multiple times if she was sure as I had the funds and was prepare to pay for whatever the remaining balance would be after the fees were applied. She assured me that she had taken care of the it and I would not have anything additional to pay. I was beyond thankful and sobbed on the phone as I asked her if she was sure. She again assured me. Fast forward to last week when I received a bill for $280. This was the original bill after a $65 payment had been made. I called and spoke to Stephanie I believe regarding the bill. I advised her that I had spoken to someone on 3/19 who assured me that this bill had already been taken care of. She advised that she could give me the discount to total around $180 but that she could not void the invoice. I requested multiple times that someone please review the audio from my previous call on 3/19 as I had called to pay for the invoice and now did not have the funds to pay this lump sum. I requested to be transferred to a supervisor to discuss at which time I spoke to Mario. He again told me that these were my charges and there wasn't anything he could do aside from discounting the fees to take into account the toll tag. On several occasions he was rude and talked to me like I was an idiot/child and wasn't listening. He made several mistakes when speaking and didn't take responsibility for them. I told him I would pay the fees but I would not be able to pay them at one time since I was essentially lied to about this bill. I requested that someone with NTTA review the recording on 3/19 and contact me to discuss as this is something that NTTA is at fault for and someone should be held accountable for. Someone should at least acknowledge their mistake. Today I was contacted by another supervisor at NTTA who proceeded to review all of the transactions with me again and advised that these were my charges and I would be responsible. At no point have I disputed that these were my charges. I have stated multiple times that I initially called to pay the invoice. She advised that after the call on 3/19 it looks as if the charges were regenerated from back in 2021 but they were still my responsibility. I asked her multiple times if she had reviewed the audio as that it what I requested the call for and she advised she was reviewing the transactions which I had already done with Mario on 4/23. I again requested it be escalated so someone would review the tape and acknowledge that there was in fact a mistake that NTTA should take responsibility for. She initially acted like she would submit a request but then advised the charges were mine and I would be responsible for them. Again, I am not disputing that these charges are mine. I am though arguing that NTTA told me one thing and someone did not follow thru. I requested a number for a corporate office and again requested someone review the tape so SOMEONE would acknowledge that I am not full of it. This is completely about someone lying to customers and the company not doing anything to make it right even if that is only to acknowledge the mistake. Instead I have been talked down to and made to feel as if I am a Karen and trying to get something for free which has never been the case. I had one request and even today that lady could not follow thru.

More North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] complaints & reviews