North Texas Nissanvery poor company - terrible to their customers

J

This place I repulsive! Very bad service department, customer service, management, etc.
My husband and I went in on a saturday late afternoon in 2017. We chose new 2017 armada with a "red tag" sales price of 26, 910. We are talking about very basic suv. We chose this particular one because of the red tag price, not because it was basic - we prefer all the bells and whistles, but settled because of the "price". After test driving it and discussing purchase vs. Lease with the salesman, we chose to lease. The salesman told us we would get 15, 000 miles per year w/only 10cents per mile over that. He asked us what we wanted our payment to be, and we told him - our first mistake! Getting back to the dealership, we went into the finance office, at this time is was already 10 p. M and we were the last people there. The finance guy rushed us, talked us into an extended service plan service ($5, 000) and asked us to sign all the documents. Excited that we were going to be taking the car home that night, we did not ask questions when he asked us to sign a blank financial agreement/payment document - our second mistake. We are honest people and blindly expected the same in return! Ha!! Our payment was set (At $872 per month for a lease), we wrote a check for $3, 414 for the down payment and he told us we could pick up the paperwork on monday when we brought the truck back for final evaluation - which is required by the dealership. (It was too late to do it that night, "he was ready to get the deal done and get home") we took the truck home and again returned on monday, but mysteriously the paperwork was not done. We did not ask questions when they told us they would mail it to us. — so in january of 2017 I needed to claim the interest paid on the suv for business expense on our taxes. When I went to find the documents, I remembered that I had not received them and called nissan motors to have a copy faxed to me to expedite the process. When I got the papers... Well, let 's just say I shat myself. Right there is black and white, the original price was $44, 000. Huh? The miles per year were 12, 000 w/15cents per mile there after. Nothing that we had agreed upon! How could this be happening? I called nissan motors back and asked why the price was not the same as the red tag - after many phone transfers to multiple people, the only answer I got was that nissan does not have to honor the red tag in a lease agreement! Wow! News to us. I also learned that if we were to keep the suv, we would have a residual at the end of the lease that we could either refinance or trade the vehicle in. If we kept it and refinanced, we would end up paying over $60, 000 for a vehicle that was suppose to be $27, 000. To say the least, I was livid! I immediately called the dealership and requested to speak to the owner, this took several attempts and finally I spoke to kevin mcgowen. I explained the situation and that if I was going to be paying $900 for a lease, I wanted the thing to have all the bells and whistles that I had preferred in the beginning! He told me he would do some research and get back to me. After multiple phone calls and 5 months of complaining, he came up with a new plan and vehicle. Sure enough the new one had everything I wanted but the new payment was $900.29. And I would be purchasing instead of leasing. Oh, I also put another $1000 down! Again, just glad that I was getting some sort of resolve, I agreed-our third mistake. It is 2017 now and I owe $35, 000 on a vehicle that I have been paying on for almost 3 years. And the trade in value is only about $18, 000. Do the math on that — yep, that's $17, 000 upside down! When I called the "new north texas nissan" under new management, the gm stated that he couldn't help me get out of it into a better deal because the dealership took a "huge" hit on the first trade and we would need to be prepared to put at last $10, 00o down to compensate. I asked, "how did they take a hit when I was paying $900 per month to lease a vehicle, aren't lease payments usually cheaper than purchase payments?" he just laughed and said he could not help me. So now we are with a vehicle that will never be worth what we owe on it, no matter how nice it is!
Insult to injury, all of my services have been done there because of the service plan we purchased. (We thought it would be better on the trade-in value if we had all the services done from one place) I have had paint chipped the size of a golf ball during a service, transmission hose line crimped leading to a break down and required towing which I had to pay for and wait on reimbursement, they scrapped my leather seat 12" while in there shop for service, I have a grease spot the size of a softball under my drivers floor mat - also from the service department, they have lost my floor mats, they have lost pieces of trim to my seats, damaged a heater hose during an air filter change, the service people have lied multiple times, they have hidden services performed to prevent being reprimanded by management for poor service, i've waited in the waiting room over 3 hours on several occasions for oil change and tire rotate, eventhough my service plan pays for unlimited rental!
This dealership, no matter how many times it changes hands, can not get it together! Please, please beware. If there is any good there, I promise the bad out weighs it! No one should ever have to go through the torment we have. Be smart and go somewhere else!!

• Loopdy Jan 08, 2011

I trade in a 2017 ford expedition xlt fully loaded for a 2017 mustang. I needed a vehicle that got better gas mileage. My trade in was gone the next day. It took over a week and over 30 hits on my credit for the dealer to get me financing.

Since I am finance with nissan motor acceptance company, I will go to other nissan dealers for business rather than this one. They have changed management several times over the years, but has been owned by the orr family of autogroups of arkansas.

Formally lence nissan, this dealership has defied the odds of staying in business by years of scheming and dishonest business practice. The lence family was a good group, the orr family is as well, this paricular dealership is a poor reflection to both. They have a high turnover rate of employment due to employees not wanting to be associated with the black smudge of this location.

Comments

• Fa
    factual Mar 15, 2010

its your own fault if the contract did not agree with the sales guys promise you could have walked out at any time. nobody has a gun to your head. i recently had the same problem but made DAMN sure that the tape recorder had a new tape in it. i walked out when it came time to lay it all down cause what the lil' scheister promised and what i was given just didn't match. later the owner of the dealer ship called and asked what happened he said yeah right you full of crap i played the tape back. he shut-up himself. as for the mess in your car get it cleaned and fixed and haul his ### to small claims court on TV and make a ### out of him so 50 million will know about it.

• Cc
    cckk.scott Feb 16, 2010

I was taken in by the Internet Pricing listed $30, 915.00 for a 2017 Nissan Titan and a $5, 000.00 rebate with an iPod. When I get in, they said the price for the truck is $33, 608.00 not what I saw, even though I had the print out. Additional charges for Nitrogen, etching, wheel locks tint etc... After arguing with the salesman, a man by the name of Eric introduced his self. He gave me some pitch about they are a new management group that took over and are based on honesty and integrity. Two sentences later he lied to me. Told me the internet does not say $30, 915.00, when I showed him my print out, he said that is without the options. I pointed out that it does not say that anywhere on the internet. After about 20 min. of going back and forth to the managers desk, they finally agreed to honor the internet price but insisted they were losing big. I told them to take the Nitrogen filled tires, glass etching, wheel locks off the deal, I did not want it, they then said they would just let me have it. When I get home, I could not find the window sticker in the truck. I called Eric and left several messages over about 7 days. Never received call back so I went up there. He said he would order one and it would take about 6 weeks. The Ipod is another story, took me 2 1/2 months of calling and going up there to get that junky thing, it was a NANO. Wow I spend over 30k with them and I get a NANO. If they would have said it was a NANO at first I would not have bothered, but they did not and I take blame for not asking myself. After 8 weeks, I called back up there as I never heard back on the window sticker. After a few more calls, no response. I went back up there and since Eric was not there, spoke with Shannon Warren. He said he could not find where Eric ordered the sticker and would order me one the next day and it would take about 2 weeks. 3 weeks later, I call back again as I have not heard anything. He would not return my calls. A week later I call again and ask to speak with the GM. After being on hold for over 25 min. Wesley came on the line. Asked me to email him the information and he would make sure it was taken care of. I have done that and am awaiting a response. I would be willing to bet I don’t hear back. Its been 4 months since my original request.
    As for the Service Dept. there, Anthony would never return my call as well. I went up there after scheduling an apt. to get my oil changed and the Check Eng. light was on. They blamed it on me getting a DVD/TV Installed and said it would cost me to have it reset. After going around on that issue and explaining that the only hard wiring they had to do was hook up the hot, ground and remote wires, everything else was wireless, they finally agreed to reset the light. Even with the appointment, it took them 2 hours before they even started on the car. I was there for over 3 1/2 hours for a oil change and I watched them reset the light, took them about 3 min. to do the actual work. I had a bad experience with them before but with the sign they had up "Under New Management" I thought I would give them a try...what a mistake.

• Ad
    Advocate 4 the people Mar 31, 2009

your problem is with the title office...not the salesperson...hey...you know that little thing called a fair profit...guess what...if you belly ache and negotiate a losing deal you will get horrible service...Its worth letting the dealer make a little profit now..isnt it...Anyway Texas title offices are the worst with plates...

• Pr
    Presleysmom Mar 24, 2009

Wow. I have never had an experience this bad in my life. Amazing. These people are vultures. They are out to screw you. Which is what they did to us twice. Shame on us for going back more than once, but we got sucked in by the banner saying it was new management and a new attitude. Don't let it fool you.
    We got completely jerked around by the finance department and at this point, we have had the new car for 19 days and still have no "real" plates, although we finally were able to just back out their financing and get better financing. Not sure what the story is with that other than their finance team must have some internal issues or something because we heard 3 different stories about the situation. In any case, the car we traded in is still not paid off...Hmm, there's another problem, and our salesperson has only called us to ask us to make sure we only put good things on the survey. Really? No way. Not happening. There is no reason that the customers should be the ones jumping through hoops. A car is an investment, and not a small one either. People spend good money to purchase a car, and when it becomes a situation where the customer is doing everything and the sales and finance people are sitting on their butts doing jack, there is a problem. If you want to be screwed, this is the place to go. If you want good service, go somewhere else.

mad mama Jul 28, 2008

North Texas Nissan is a JOKE!!! I bought a 2017 Altima and it has not been 30 days and I have had the car and I have been to the dealership every week with problems with the car. My salesperson was great, however the management is a true JOKE. The GM sat there smirking at me while I was overwhelmed with with the fact that i had actually traded my 2017 Mazda that barely gave me any problems. The compressor has been replaced at about 500 miles, and the trunk has flown up while I was driving twice, and it is in the shop again due to the air blowing hot. I have complained to everyone there. I actually got a loaner car this last time, (considering that my car is in the shop again) the next week, and the thing that they were most concerned with is that I fill the gas back up in the loaner car!!! I WILL be a walking poster child for reasons why NOT to go there. I have heard so many horror stories, yet I gave them a chance and look what I get for doing so. They have a new name (Avery Johnson) with the same ole scandelous business practices!!! I hope Avery gets these nuts in check before he ruins his name too!!!