Menu

T
Author of the complaint
4:05 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After opening my own business here in San Diego, California, and many conversations with ALEXIS at NORTH AMERICAN BANKCARD, I decided to choose North American because she assured me, point blank, that their was no minimum monthly sales quota. I unfortunately discovered a month later that SHE LIED, completely, and I am more than mad, I feel extremely taken advantage of especially because I asked every question to ensure that I was choosing the appropriate company to open my merchant account, and she LIED. First of all, my equipment arrived over a week late. Second, the beginning of August, North American withdrew way more money out of my business bank account than promised, and it caused tremendous problems. I called them immediately only to discover that there is a $1700 minimum sales quota and if not met, additional fees are charged, automatically taken from my account. In addition, the manager of customer service was like talking to a robot, and funny how the sales person; Alexis in San Diego, was no longer available to talk to. And there is MORE, they are in breach of their own contract and to date, today, August 11, 2008, I have not received my merchant statement to account for all of the fees withdrawn form my bank. I am closing my business account tomorrow because I don’t trust North American having access to my account. I called customer service for the third time, stating that I want my fees reimbursed, she point blank said; “no, we will never do that”, and I got the run around. I also shipped back my equipment certified mail last week, so I have done my part. I have to say, I am so glad, by the grace of God, that I found out about the UNETHICAL PRACTICE of North American Bankcard eight days before the forty five day cancellation period. I was lied to, and please RUN AWAY before you get in to deep. I am shocked at the unacceptable business practices of North American Bankcard, and I doubt they loose any sleep at night

Helpful? 0 0

More North American Bancard complaints & reviews

North American Bancard - North American Bancard is a scam
North American Bancard - unauthorized fees
North American Bancard - They lie to get your money!
North American Bancard - Year contract turns into three year when try to cancel
North American Bancard - FEES
North American Bancard - Service
North American Bancard - Fees, rates, passwords
31 comments
Aug 17, 2016 4:05 pm

The intial information supplies turned out to be false. After my wife died, her business closed. I contacted this company to tell them just that and was told that the account would be cancelled. It never was, even though no more credit cards were ever again processed. They in turn entered a collection against me for $418.00 in January 2009 and never told me that they intended to do so. There was never any money owed, I still do not know how they came up with a collection of $418.

0 0

Do not do business with this credit card processor. Their technical support is either inept or unethical. They co mingle daily credit and debit transactions so that the deposit into the merchant checking account is impossible to reconcile. Their technical support is no help when you call them. They are not able to answer any questions without putting you on "hold" for 5 to 15 minutes each time you call.
In addition the sales person who quoted me low rates was mis informed or lied to me. I have been in business for 33 years and have dealt with numerous credit card processors and North American Bank card is the worst processor I have ever dealt with. I left them and returned to my old processor so that I could sleep at night. Stay awat, far away from this organization.

0 0

I'm a small business in Arizona and I have been using Chase Paymentech for 8 years, before I tried North american bankcard. I use a call-in system and was surprised when the first two transactions I called in were denied. Then I called NAB only to find that these transactions were actually debited from my client's card, even though the system had said "Denied". I quickly switched back to the old system I had used with Chase and my story would have ended there if I had closed the account NAB was drawing my funds from... Unfortunately I had neglected to close my account and NAB went ahead and helped themselves to a monthly fee they had never even mentioned that I would be responsible for. I have never paid a monthly fee with Chase and they have never done me wrong, so I will be sticking with allowing them to provide my credit card processing. After several communications with NAB I am convinced they are simply a group of thieves.

Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Horrible company... Don't even give them a chance... They overcharged me for $750.00 and assigned me to collections. Years later still trying to get my credit report clean. Don't trust them at all.

Jul 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Wow, I am very surprised that so many of you have had a bad experience with North American BanCard. I am a Sales Agent here in the Los Angeles area. I have several Merchant Accounts that I have signed up and they are completely happy with the services and the low fees. I have saved most of my merchants thousands of dollars off of their fees. Too me it sounds like the Represenatative is either very inexperienced and may not have set up your service correctly or maybe he or she is just careless. I'm sorry to hear that from all of your negative remarks. Here's how you can tell if your Rep. is going to do a bad job. If he or she never pays your a courtesy visit. I always pay my merchants a visit, because things change and I want to see if the're happy with my service and the terminal. One more thing...all merchant service companies have service agreements, I know I have worked for 4 different processers and one company did not require a contract, so the rates were much higher, so beware of No Service Contract. Because you will pay more in the long run. If you have any questions or need my help contact me [email protected]

0 0

Yea, part of the money goes in your pocket. STOP THE LIES AND THE FRAUD!

Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

We own a sushi bar and japanese restaurant here in indiana. We become a client of NAB because we borrow some money from one of their division company. I was told and confirmed that the fund is available within 48hours, however this is the second times where the fund is not available.
I called (and oh boy the hold is way too long at least 20min before anyone answered) and spoke to a lady from ext 1941 was told that my bank rejected the deposit or kick out the deposit so she ask a letter with my bank letter head stating that our acc is active and we accept any deposit or ach credit. So i went to my bank and tried to get the letter and making sure that my acc is active.
The bank refuse to give that letter (no financial institution will, cause it will open so many opportunity for people to miss'use it) and my acc is active because amex deposit is cleared.
Have to call back and forward finally she just simply said oh there's a glitch on our system so that thursday deposit was not deposited untill now (wednesday the following week).
Why would she didn't make sure first before we have to go to the bank wasting our time.
The way they taking care our problem is very unproffesional eventhough supposely she followed protocol.
Why would she being rude to us and not listening to our concern while the glitch is in their end and we are the one who suffer the consequences. So now i was told that they will reimburse the fee that the bank charges. As soon as we paid our debt i will change my credit card processing company back to payment tech by chase they are the best.

Wow.
I'm a small business and have had their wireless card reader for almost a year. We have had zero problems with them. In fact cable broke recently, they overnighted one the next day. Dropped machine and it stopped working, they sent a new one out next day. Never had any over problems with their billing, never have had any problems with anything what so ever. Other than the fact that the wait time is a little long on the phone... (who doesn't seem to have a long wait time?) All customer service reps have been clear speaking and very knowledgeable about their equipment and billing issues.

We are really happy with them.

Small Business Owner,
Peoria, Illinois

0 0

How much they paid you to post this ?

Apr 11, 2011 4:05 pm

I filed a BBB complaint, they value their rating and will usually respond with a resolution so they can attempt to maintain it. Get this, they begrudgingly agree to refund the stolen mybizperks fees but when I get my statement, they had signed me up AGAIN for it and stole the "fees" from my checking account! I've filed another BBB complaint. I urge EVERYONE to take 5 minutes and file complaints. They must be stripped of their rating!

Apr 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Try returning the equipment after waiting for the contract to end! I just want the address! I've been waiting 4.5 months for a return phone call. I've called multiple time. I will continue to have the charges reversed in the account because the charges are not authorized. The contract ended 02-06-2011. Today is 04-06-2011. What a scam. I will never do business with HSBC or North American Bancard again. Today I am on hold again for with no one to talk to.

If anyone knows where to return the equipment, please post!

Thanks!

Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Absoultly agree with ALL of the scam charges at NAB! They are devious scammers. I have opted out of the mybizperks.com scam over and over and still they keep charging, correction, stealing from my account!

0 0

Totally agreed with you !

Feb 12, 2011 4:05 pm

We recently launched http://creditcardprocessingscams.com as an independent voice for merchants looking to start credit card processing or switch their current provider. We have no affiliate links or "preferred providers" on the website and are hoping with the help of merchants we can expand the website and shed much needed light on the industry as a whole.

C
Nov 26, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with the negative comments regarding the North American Bancard scammers. I was telemarketed by a sales rep here in Southwest Florida. I was looking for a credit card processing service last summer anyway and figured a local company deserved a shot. I asked the right questions as I have had credit card processing services before. I was satisfied by the answers to my specific questions, but did not realize that I was being lied to. I signed a basic agreement and was promised a three day delivery on my terminal. A couple of days later NABc sent a link to my actual contract. As I recall it was about 16 pages of fine print legalese including many bad things that led me to be worried. My call to the rep about these onerous "details" led him to assure me that these "didn't apply to me". I then emailed him the language of the "bad stuff" and asked him to clarify for me what this was. No response. Found this site on the internet and my blood ran cold. I'd been duped! My account was then charged $56 for services. I still had not even received the terminal! A call to NABc was dealt with by an Asian sounding woman who spoke extremely broken English. Like talking to a wall. No understanding on either side, except for my understanding that they were going to charge me over a thousand dollars if I was to cancel. I was frightened by the power of this company to remove funds from my account and had to close it. When the terminal finally arrived (one month), I drove it to the sales reps' office (boiler room), wrong address on business card, but found them anyway.By threatening nicely to turn this matter over to the Collier County Economics Crime Unit of the Sheriffs Office I was allowed to terminate by NABc with no charge. Good, or lucky, for me but it cost me some sleepless nights. The bottom line is that the sales rep was a charming LIAR, and it's hard for anyone to do due diligence when presented with an out and out con job. I wish that I had found this complaint site before I was conned and not after.

Oct 31, 2010 4:05 pm

These boards are full of so many uneducated or impulse oriented complaints it is ridiculous. I've dealt with a bunch of different companies for this service and NAB has been one of the good ones. Out of 125000 customers, to find somewhere in the order of 30 actual hard complaints is better than just about any other company I have come across. Are there some bad sales reps out there? Damn right there are. Does that mean it is a bad company to deal with? Nope. Every business owner needs to do some due diligence, but don't condemn the entire company if you have a misunderstanding or cannot read your own contracts!

That's right, virtually EVERY complaint I've seen against NAB is from a business owner who cannot read their own contract. And that's just silly.

As for the PCI fee, EVERY processing company out there is passing that along these days, and it's not a charge that they are assessing themselves—while it isn't a LEGALLY mandated fee, it is REQUIRED by VISA, MasterCard and Discover. Since processing does not have huge built in profits, that cost is passed along to the merchants. Sucks, but you can often get your processing company to reduce your annual fees to help out if that wasn't previously disclosed. It is a relatively NEW fee, which is why so many people don't understand it.

But there you go. It's not a bad company. Might have had a bad sales rep, or maybe just not a very good one, but NAB does respond better than the other companies I've dealt with.

0 0

What Nonsense - this have no meaning or make no sense. If they have a bad rep, then why don't they answer their phone calls and correct the problems ? Is everyone one here had BAD REP ? Is it ok to take money out of an account for 7 months even if you are not doing business with a business ? Oh c'mon...
STOP THE SCAM. STOP IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. GOD IS WATCH!

R
Oct 28, 2010 4:05 pm

I signed up with them about 2 months ago. I was told there were no contracts and that the wireless credit card reader was mine.the first months billing was double so I called them. They said I had 2 credit card readers and that was the reason for the amount. I explained to them I had only 1 credit card reader. After staying on hold for an hour they fixed it. I asked customer service if I were to lose the wireless reader what would happen. He told me I would have to pay $1100.00. I don't understand this amount because I can buy a new one for $600.00. What a scam.

0 0

My mistake, the representative called back and issued an addendum that excludes me from the long term contract and is officially a month to month contract with only a 30 day notice to cancel with no fees. I apologize for acting on impulse after reading these posts. The rep actually went out of his way spending more than enough time trying to resolve my issues to get this thing moving. Hopefully I will begin processing credit cards soon. I also apologize to "thegoodwife" sorry for my comment, this process is new to me and was under the impression that someone wanted to screw us over. I would upload the document, but it is considered confidential, so if you want to this document (addendum), just ask. Maybe they have changed to meet our needs, either way I am satisfied.

0 0

thegoodwife, your a [censor]ing idiot. We as small business owners should be able to cancel at anytime. NAB and their terms and termination is ridiculous. Luckily when I typed "North American Banc Card" into Googles search, one of the listed returns was "North American Bancard Scam" and was taking here. It's just a shady practice for a representative to call you and explain all the rates and conditions and then when we read the contract it says a different story. Ultimately the reps should be explaining everything to avoid confusion and the assumption that everyone is going to read the Terms and Conditions. Just be clear, we have better things to do than to worry about getting screwed from companies like this. Anyone agree?

0 0

Personally it sounds like buyers remorse. All of the complaints state that they somehow missed the 45 day cancellation window, which is no fault of the company's. Also, one individual states that he sent a letter requesting cancellation and NAB claimed to have never received it. Had you sent it certified or signature return receipt for 85 cents you would have had proof of mailing. One would assume any business professional would know to mail such (time sensitive) letters with proof of mailing. And, lastly read the contracts that's what they're for. As much as I'd like to give the little guy the benefit of the doubt :(. I'm not convinced that NAB did anything wrong sorry.

C
Jul 21, 2010 4:05 pm

This place is a nightmare. Please stay away! Mercury payments is a much cheaper and better alternative.

Jun 20, 2010 4:05 pm

O, and oops on the math, thats an even 10 million!

Jun 20, 2010 4:05 pm

a true nightmare. has everyone else recently been charged an extra 80$ a year for a "pci" fee?
a year into my contract they added another 80$ a year fee. Kimberly Tippen, in her comments below states they serve over 125, 000 customers. you do the math. Coincidence i assume that it equals an even million...
I tried to cancel my contract, and it would cost 280 dollars at this point, or i just serve out the remaining "sentence" that i agreed to with the rep that i contacted (never to be found again...)
I guess what i signed onto for 3 years is that NAB Services can add any amount for charges to my account at any point?

What they are doing is fraudulent and i agree. They should not get away with this.
I missed my 45 day "trial" period, but got screwed anyway

Yes, stay far away! and somebody please help us!

N
Mar 04, 2010 4:05 pm

I cancelled my account within the 45 day trial period...sent in the signed letter they required. They said they never received it...now they are telling me I owe $990 to cancel the service...they are automatically debiting $30 from my account for 3 years...I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they siad that because I was under contract and that North American Bancard said they never recived my cancellation letter, there was nothing they coudl do. When I told Customer service (and I use that term loosely), they boasted of their A+ status on the BBB. I am going to contact the Attorney General's office tomorrow. This is a Fraudelent scam and what they are doing is not ethical! They should not be able to get away with this!

D
Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Even though an account may be setup for a business entity, most likely the owner(s) will also sign a personal guarantee. I don't work with NAB in any way, but I can tell you that almost every merchant account agreement includes a personal guarantee from one or more owners. Read your agreement, and you will likely find that to be the case. This allows them to collect payment from you personally, should the business not pay any amounts owed.

Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm

I realized that I stupidly signed their "cancellation" agreement..but it still doesn't make it LEGAL what they are trying to charge and how they are coming after me PERSONALLY when this was a BUSINESS account..and even their "cancellation" form lists my business name and address..

Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm

We've never owned their equipment..and they are STILL trying to charge US for $630 in cancellation fees PLUS some non discript additional fees of $157.50 for a GRAND total of $787.50. They also sent their "collections" bill to me personally at my HOME, threatening my personal credit rating. This is a BUSINESS account...NOT a personal account.. THAT alone is ILLEGAL. Also..
They charged us monthly fees that are WAY above what ANY other credit card processor charges. This company needs to be SHUT DOWN.
I am sending a copy of my contract AND this bill to the Connecticut States Attorney general, my attorney AND my accountant..

K
Jan 15, 2009 4:05 pm

North American Bancard works very diligently to resolve all customer issues and complaints. Since our inception in 1992, we have worked with over 125, 000 merchants of all sizes and levels of complexity. We provide a high level of service and support to our customers, as is evidenced by the low number of complaints we handle. Occasionally we, like any other large company, may make a mistake or mishandle an issue. When these are brought to our attention we resolve them to the best of our ability. Our 250+ employees work hard every day to make doing business with NAB a pleasure for our merchants and stakeholders, all we ask is the opportunity to recover well.

The Free Terminal Program Agreement clearly states that the equipment is the property of NAB, is being licensed to Merchant, and must be returned in good and working condition within ten days of the termination or expiration of the Merchant Account. If you took advantage of this program, you would be responsible for the return of the equipment back to us and if not returned, would be responsible for the value of the terminal as described on the Merchant Agreement.

In regards to the fees that have been questioned, every Merchant Agreement will clearly list all the fees that may apply to each account. Section 5 Payment and Fees state, “Merchant agrees to pay and Merchant's account(s) will be charged for the discount, fees, and other charges described in this Agreement. Merchant also agrees to pay and Merchant’s account(s) will be debited for all fees, arbitration fees, fines, penalties, etc. charged by the card associations or network organizations on account of Merchant’s processing hereunder.”

Every merchant receives a Welcome Letter that will specify the specifics of one's account such as Monthly Sales Volume and Highest Ticket. In addition, it includes an addition copy of the Terms and Conditions as well as providing a website to view the Terms and Conditions electronically.

Unfortunately enough information was not provided for us to accurately determine your specific Merchant Account. If your account was incorrectly debited, or you believe your fees have been inadequately advised, then we would need specific information in order to properly address the concerns or correct any errors.

Should you have any questions regarding this response, please have your Merchant number ready and contact our Customer Service at [protected] Ext.1300, so that your specific situation may be properly researched and addressed.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Tippin
Director of Customer Contacts

0 0

STOP THE LIES - They don't even answer the phone and if they do, you waited after 15 - 20 mins and then they would say the rep is busy or cannot take your call OR he is not in at work. You tried calling several times and the same answers you would get...He is not in, he is busy...
SHAME ON YOU GUYS - SCAMMERS. KARMA IS A B****
God is watching!

L
Oct 13, 2008 4:05 pm

North American Bancard Company has been nothing but a headache. I have tried to get out of a contract for 2 months. 4 times I was told that (by their people) "we own the equipment" and all we have to pay is a $630.00 early termination fee. One of the 4 times they approved it through the managers. They even gave us the access codes to reprogram our equipment to use with another company. Now they say since we aren't returning "their" equipment we owe them another $1345.00. Which I priced the equipment new and it is only $372.00 to purchase elsewhere. I called them to send us a statement for the early termination fee because we closed our checking account and they said they will try to pull it from that account anyways and then turn us over to collection! WHAT IDIOTS! I have contacted our Congress and they are checking into this company because they say "there's a problem there that needs check ino". What a Scam of a business! Mr. Mark Gardner do you know what kind of company you have created!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

31 complaints