New Prime Inc.fraud and lies

A

This is a statement directed to discourage you from leasing a truck from prime inc. I leased a truck from them from for 9 months. Once I figured out the way the company works I took their truck back and have been attempting to stop other people ever since.

The way it works: your driver manager can, at any given time, see what your truck is averaging per mile. They can see how many miles your truck is averaging per day, week, month and quarter. They are instructed to not allow your truck to average more then $0.89 per mile. If you do, that is when you will start receiving loads that will lower your average. If you refuse to take these loads, nothing else will be offered and you will sit. Keep in mind that while you are sitting, you are still paying for the lease. This is what will keep you 'paying' their game.

Your truck also may not run more then 3800 miles per week, even if you are running as a student-team. If that happens your driver manager will be fined $100.00 for each 'offense'. When 'doing the math' finally paid off I was making $0.21 per mile in a market that was paying $0.35 per mile for a company driver.

Prime inc will also push hard for you to take a student with you. Understand that while you are grooming this person to be another victim for prime inc, you are paying the cost. This cost is set and it is taken out of your settlement before you see it. There were a couple of weeks when I ended up owing the company but my student got her $600 per week.

Keep in mind that, to my understanding, rob lowe, the owner of prime inc also owns the sales company that sells the trucks to the leasing company. He owns the leasing company, he owns the shop that they 'make' you get your repairs done in if at all possible, he owns the tax service you are pushed into using, he owns the insurance company that you must use.

Riverford insurance company: in orientation you will be told that you do not have to use riverford insurance company. By law they can not make you use it, and that you can change if you wish. Notice they do not say that you do not have to sign up with them in the first place? That is because you do have to, no other option is offered. Once you are signed up, if you look around you will find that the same insurance can be obtained for less then half of their cost. But! Try to change! It is simply not going to happen. For you to change insurance companies prime inc has to provide certain documents to the new company. They will tell you they will do this, they will seem very helpful, they also would rather die! So while on the phone or even in person they will tell you 'yes! Oh yes! We will get right to that', they simply never will.

The tax service: you will be told in orientation that you do not have to use the tax service provided. If you choose to lease a truck from prime inc for goodness sake use the tax service! If you do not prime inc will lie about how much money you have made to the irs and believe me folks you don't want to go there! It took me 3 years to prove they lied and cost me waayy more then the tax service would have charged me. Notice:I had to prove they lied, the irs will not take your word, they will take primes word even though this has happened time and time again.

Violations: if you are already a professional driver you know that if you receive a traffic violation it is not lawful to withhold that information from your company or your state of residence. That said, not many drivers report violations to their company or state. They wait first to see if the state where the violation occurred is going to do it. If not it is generally accepted to keep your mouth shut to protect your driver record.

Prime inc encourages new drivers not to do this. This may seem like a good policy until you look at why. Prime inc will tell you that if you receive a violation not to worry. Send it to them and they will remit payment even if you don't have the cash coming and take it out of your settlement a little each week. Seems like an attractive alternative to worrying about money orders and stamps and did they get it... Is it clear??

Prime only does this so that they can report the violation to your home state. One ticket? Oops! Two tickets? Oh no! Three tickets and congratz! You are now primes slave for the next three years. You can't quit because you are no longer employable any place else. They don't even have to pay the premium for employing a driver with that many violations.

Please believe me when I say that this little piece of info that I believe to be true did not form out of some misguided conspiracy theory. While this did not happen to me, I met a lot of prime slaves.

Mechanical costs: you are required by the lease which you sign to pay for all mech. Work done on your truck. Notice I said pay for you will not be allowed to so much as change the oil. Why?!?! Because you are not a certified mechanic, and even if you are there is no formal record of your changing the oil, and its not like your not a liar from the gate. So you will pay to have a shop do it. Oh and after you pay $150.00 plus for this neat little trick, you will not even own the oil that you paid for, nor the tires you payed to have changed, nor the headlight you just bought nor any part or partial of the truck you are paying out the nose to operate. Rob lowe owns that truck and always will unless you choose to pay the outragious amount of money he wants for it after the termination of the lease.

So why does anyone lease?: they don't do all of this to everyone. If they did they would not have a company. As far as I can tell they only rip-off about 40% of the people who lease from them. Everybody else will get some or none of the rip going on. But you have to decide if playing russian ruellette is for you and your family. Rob lowe plays for keeps though, and he did not get to where he is by 'playing fair'.

Now eyes wide open... Go sign your lease!

• Ej
    Ejandcompany Oct 27, 2018

At 9 o'clock in Lewisville Texas around exit 447 your truck driver try to retaliate against us for pulling in front of him not realizing how fast he was traveling by getting in front of me and slamming on his brakes while I was towing a car with my car almost killing us, all while merging on the highway

Jose Angel Sep 01, 2018

This truck usually is left park in the street at Lehigh Acres, Fl, Lee County.
    I have noticed that the truck is tagged and with cargo in it.
    There is county order prohibiting these kind of truck park on residential area.

Here are some pictures taken on Jan 7, 2018.
    Truck park on 25th St SW between Rena st and Sara in Lehigh Acres Fl. Lee county.

• Xp
    XPrimeFreightDriver Jun 30, 2016

XPrimeDriver: The depth of the deception from Prime is usually more than I care to comment on. That being said, I had to agree with some of what was said, and there was even more that WASN'T said. My experience with Prime was [protected]. Bad safety people, bad log people, bad dispatching, bad service, bad loads and bad management. Management being the worst of all the categories. When you are compliant you are treated well. I became non-compliant when my suggestions were more about my ideas not being "their" ideas. I was a CDL Instructor and Trainer. There are many drivers that just suck...and become instructors...that teach the suck program. I am not amazed that 4 years later I see the poor quality of most of the drivers (parking on the shoulder of the road, blocking fuel islands, poor ability to perform proper maintenance on the vehicle and worse performance handling a truck on any given road) all to obtain a dollar. The compliant "good fellas" get the better treatment and you can tell by the smile and the stain on their nose that they are successful. When you have loads that you can put Company Drivers on and no loads for the Lease Drivers, it isn't hard to see why there is a significant loss of revenue for the Lease Operator...why in the world would Prime want their profits going to an Independent Operator vs. their own Company Driver. Never mind the "loaded first, planned first" program. I watched 2 company drivers get planned before me when I was first unloaded and pta had me available HOURS before the others were even off-loaded...on several occasions. You are nothing more than a "Glorified Company Driver" no matter the contract you sign saying your an Independent Driver. Preplanning almost never happens, they want you to go to the shop for repairs and you have to sit for days to get something fixed, if you complain most often your concerns are ignored. No, I was not a good fit for this company and after working for others it was nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad to have gone there to know the difference now. They were glad to see me go and the happiness was reciprocated!

Franklin Albright Jun 29, 2016

Let's get some updated and correct information here. In the lease you are guaranteed $1.02 a mile. The fleet manager encouraged to have their trucks making as much money as possible. The more money I make the more he makes. It would be stupid for a company not to have drivers as many loads as possible. They don't make more money by having their trucks sitting. As the saying goes I'm not making money if the wheels aren't rolling. There are good and bad fleet managers out there and they can make all the difference. There is also something that too many lease operators forget. They are not doing a job for a company, but they are running their own business. So do it as a LLC and do it as an indiviso. You cannot lease a truck, and then act like an employee and be successful. Not everyone is cut out to be a lease operators. Also it's about how the company fits and works for you as much as how you and work for the company. Prime is not perfect, it has it's issues, buy that's true for every company.

• We
    Wendy Moore 21 Jun 14, 2016

My son starting working for prime 8 months ago! He made pretty good pay during training then after training they advised him to lease a truck and get his own buisness and hire tax people which btw is owned by prime! He filed his taxes and got totally screwed!! He owed money! During the lease period he wasn't making nearly enough to cover all his bills, he could never go home and be with his wife and his pay dropped like 50%! The disbasture also wouldn't give him good loads was an ### and he was too financial stressed and so depressed he hung himself in their truck after 8 months!!! Prime sucks and I plan on filing a lawsuit! This is the worse company and all lies!!

• We
    wepa1212micCheck1212 Apr 22, 2016

I'm company so I don't have any of these issues :))
    Also I'm utilizing prime for the otr experience and going local where I'm from with a mom and pop place.
    So far they've been incredibly good to me. I get along well with my FM, the loads are hit or miss but I don't have TOO many bills to pay for. When I'm good and ready, I'll be leaving the company on my own terms with hopefully a spot should I ever decide to go otr again. They treat me well so I treat them well. Honestly I am sorry to hear about what's being done to some...this is your livelihood so I can appreciate your frusterations. I'm just glad I never signed but not even for the reasons you are warning. When I'm ready to go, I don't want to owe.
    I try to collect friends not enemies and if I can keep prime my friend, that would be ideal.
    Best of luck to you

• Pr
    Prime hater Apr 22, 2016

This company is a piece of crap they lie to you and for some of you guys that are replying that you make money at prime then why is it that all prime drivers complain about slow freight and bad rates . I think it's time for rob low to file his next bankruptcy cause they be losing alot of accounts so good luck when all you dummys that lease a truck from prime Finally realize that prime is going into a ### hole cause rob low has to file his 3rd bankruptcy

• He
    Heroick Mar 23, 2016

Hi People! :)
    Well, I talked to their recruiter Derek Stephenson at Prime Inc.. At least I think that was the spelling of his last name! Anyway, I learned a long time ago do everything by email! With all these lousy trucking companies, not just Prime Inc. So I always tell them something to the affect of " Yeah, my Phone's not working well now, sorry but you'll have to email me! I figured he was giving me a bunch of BS, when he was telling me he was SOOOOO busy, that he couldn't email because he was in such a huge busy Call Center! So it initially took two weeks for him to get in touch with me! So that's one! When he gets on the phone with me he has all my information WRONG, that he quotes back to me, so I had to correct him! He also tells me, he did not pull my DAC! Now, that's the first thing EVERY Recruiter, I have EVER delt with at any company, ALWAYS does! Long story short, I ask them since you can't L/P anymore in the US w/o an EIN #. I ask him when does he want that? Ut oh Mickey Mouse, that threw his little choo train off the track and he had to admit he did Not have the answer!!! Claimed he would get back to me! But he will email the Success Leasing Link and I can ask them. In the mean time he's suppose to find out. Well, I got the link, I told Success Leasing what the Recruiter said. That he gave me the link to get in touch with them at Success to get my questions answered! I asked them the following questions! They are very easy to answer by any legit company! 1. EIN # question I already mentioned 2. Explain to me about this balloon 3. My own authority or there's? What about growing a small fleet, etc 4.the 2290 question who pays, etc? 5. Do they have a Group Health Plan for their contractors 6. How many Lease/Purchase Plans do you have available? Lease/Rental Plan (the 3 year) a Lease/Purchase Plan (20% to 50% Down Payment) or where they just one combined? 7. Can I get a boilerplate (if need be) or my actual tenative Lease, to review Prior to signing on? 8. Everybody knows Frieghtshakers use to be good! Now, they Suck! Even Diamler knows, that's why they make the warranties decent. Let's face it, they are "throw away' trucks! Especially Cascadia's and Columbia's. So I didn't want one of those, like Derek tried to push me into! I wanted a Paccar either Pete or KW! I owned a Pete 379, and a KW T700, NEVER had a lick of problems with either! Every Frieghtliner I ever had or was forced into, I spent more time in the shop then running! So if I'm going $50, 000 to $100, 000 in debt for a job! I should get what I want and need. Then I asked two more quick questions said "thank you very much, I look forward to reading Success Leasing's Reply, since they do email and sent it off to Success Leasing! Two hours later, they call (I made Derek) leave a Voice mail. Success Leasing would even call me or email me back! Saying oh that his "boss" said that Prime was going to "pass" on me because of my background! I have nothing on my background and they Never even pulled my DAC which confirms, I have nothing in my background!
    So anyway, I sort of had a feeling they were SCAMMERS at Prime Inc and Success Leasing! Because as soon as Derek gave me the BS about "Giant Call Center" doesn't have Time!!! oooooh. That they were Scammers!!! You can also tell Derek has never been in a truck and was very young! He sounded like a kid on the phone! Anyway, I'm with everyone else here! STAY AWAY FROM PRIME INC. AND SUCCESS LEASING!
    HE WAS READING OFF A SCRIPT! ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS SCHEDULING ME FOR ORIENTATION! You have to know a company is a scam when they have 90 to 120 people in every orientation, every week! Those kind of numbers for a few years, like this guy claimed! If they were soo good, they would have a MASSIVE FLEET! THEY DON'T!!! Hearing about the Owner's Casinos says everything!!! Prime Inc = Scam Inc!
    Sincerely;
    Harley !

• Go
    Godisone 777 Dec 21, 2015

You know a lot of you sound just like the Guys who quit working on tugboats! we are never home i miss my family etc... but you knew what it was before you got into just man up take responsibility and show you family you have integrity! Quitters never win and winners never Quit !

• Ge
    Georgianna Davis Dec 09, 2015

This company is a joke! Derek, a recruiter assisted my son in traveling almost 800 miles to Springfield Missouri for training. Long story very short, my son was not successful. He did not qualify for the program on Tuesday and Wednesday around 2pm, they took him to the bus station and left him! Now, I understand procedure and everything. Derek was an open book while getting my son to Missouri. He called my phone & my husband phone no problem. My son don't qualify and NOW all of a sudden, he can not speak with me. My biggest problem is he along with an orientation manager kept insulting my intelligence. I asked a very simple question, did you tell him that he would be responsible for his ticket back home. They never said no, they kept saying we advised everyone that we'll take care of their ticket to Springfield. But we're talking about a 21 year old hopeful looking to make some decent money. He did not have sense enough to ask the right questions and he did this on his own. They are a bunch of non caring losers. Give people ALL the information and let them make an informed decision. Don't refer them to a handbook AFTER you done tricked them in. You must get paid on how many recruits you bring in. In my opinion this is heartless!!! Needless to say, my son is on a bus and on his way home, no thanks to THEM! I hope you sleep well at night knowing what you do to innocent people. Especially, the young, He didn't know any better. Took my child to the bus station and LEFT HIM! He is 21 but he is and will always be MY CHILD!

• Si
    Sidepoker Sep 17, 2015

Ive been with Prime for about 5 years. Im on my 2nd lease and I just found out how BAD ive been getting burned. I had to get copys of my 2014 earnings and expense reports to a mortgage lender so I could MAYBE buy a house. After they went over them they called me back and asked me if those were correct? I told her that Payroll e-mailed them to me and I just forwarded them to her. There were 5 attachments. Well, to make a long story short, In 2014 my TRUCK grossed over $160, 000.00 but I only actually netted about $25, 000.000 !!! So, You tell me about leasing with Prime. And home time is a JOKE!!! I have worked hard for this company, I have done so called favors for dispatch and Sales. Even when you put your Hometime in 2 weeks in advance, they don't give a rats ###. Im home now and am thinking really hard about just telling them to come get their truck and if they want to call it truck abandonment, well O.K. My work history over the last 35 years ( Including 1 retirement with MANY service awards ) will stand on its own. Man I was a trusting and really liked Prime, but MAN was I an FOOL!!!

• Li
    Little Bandit Jul 23, 2013

Hi, I'm getting out or I should say retiring out of the Army. I am trying to go back to Prime yes I worked for them before coming back to the Army, I was just not in my right mind to keep up with all the stuff out there. Now I have what I need and ready to go back to them. The guy that said keep that left door closed was right I didn't and it cost me. So why I'm I going back to them, they have changed I see that, I see allot more are happy with them and I know what I did wrong and now I can do it right. Like the one guy said there is good and bad out there but if you do right and take what they ask to take you will be fine and let them know it's your truck and your life. Let them know you give me the loads I'll make sure I will do my part and be there on time! That's my 2 cents not much but thought if I'm wrong I'll hear about it I'm sure. I will see you all out there soon about two months. Little Bandit

• Dw
    D.W.NEAGLE Apr 18, 2013

I leased 5 trucks from prime from June 2001 till December 2012. My ex-wife and I drove team for almost 10 1/2 years, in 4 of those trucks, before we divorced, and I leased the last truck, a 2013 F/L in May 2012 to drive solo. THIS STORY MAY SOUND LIKE I'M STUPID, AND MAYBY I AM. In the beginning we felt we could work, live in truck, and save lots of money. WRONG!!! We did this for over 10 years, going into and out of the hole, time and time again. We got good "end of lease payouts", and then went and did it all over again. Each time thinking it will be better this time. It never did get better, but we kept working, because at times we just couldn't afford to quit. Many weeks we got [protected] miles a week, as a team, when solos were getting 3500 miles wkly. I would tell my Fleet Manager, "If we can't make $5500. a week in revenue we cant make a living. Rev would be better for a week or two, then this same BS again. As a solo, I went in the hole, week 1, week 2, finally getting payed $428. week 3. I kept telling Fleet Manager if I can't make $4500. a week revenue, I'm gonna quit. Finally, after 6 monthis of this, I had had as much as I could stand, and I QUIT! Now PRIME keeps sending me a bill for over $2800. THEY CAN KISS MY ###.
    UNHAPPY EX-PRIME DRIVER D. NEAGLE DRIVER BEWARE!!!

• Ho
    Homeless Driver Jan 07, 2013

would you be willing to go against prime to sue them for any losses you may have had? I too was with prime, and I lost my home, car, and way of life, and had to file a bk. I received less than 2000 miles a week, and even steve larson knew this. If we are able to get enough drivers to stand up and show the lack of justice, just maybe we can put a great dent in the prime way...email [email protected]

• Ve
    vegas reaper Jul 19, 2012

I was at prime for 3 months and as a former owner op with 2 trucks I had some really great profits at times. I leased a 2012 pete in February and stayed until may. Leasing can be profitable but only if u team or preferably have trainees in the truck so you can maximize profits. As a TnT trainer is where you will have the chance to make the 80-100k potential. If you lease and run solo then you will make wages pretty much. In 3 months i averaged about $750 a week take home and that was averaging 2500 miles a week. I didnt refuse a load and spent most of my time in the northeast running the I95 corridor from Boston to Virginia. If you are single and nothing to be home for then its fine but i stayed out 5 weeks at a shot and then got home to vegas for 2 days and would be in the hole for the next 2 weeks trying to catch the truck payment up. Alot of my loads were cheaper freight averaging about 75cpm and i needed atleast. 93cpm on the linehaul to hope to make a profit. So if i made 75cpm plus a 46cpm fuel surcharge after all was said and done i made wages. And yes if i refused to take a load it came at a cost of mass guilt trips by my fm that i didnt want to work and i simply had to say that i am a worker but i have to make a profit of some sorts also. For the most part i was hauling that stuff at a loss. I asked for trainees and they claimed they had a long waiting list for them so i turned the truck back in and hoofed it home. Then on my next settlement i was charged $855 for repairs to the truck for small stuff that i didnt break but didnt realize needed to be mentioned at the time of leasing. Im not ripping on prime i met alot of drivers there that were happy and doing fine but it wasnt the best option for me.

• Wa
    wayne reynolds Jul 19, 2012

NOT TO BUST ANY NEGATIVE BUBBLES BUT, PRIME HASD A GOOD LEASE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK. IF YOU CANNOT RUN MILES STAY AS A COMPANY DRIVER. I HAVE RAN LEASE WITH THE SO CALLED WORST IN THE PAST 4 YEARS AND PRIME IS A BETTER COMPANY. CAN YOU MAKE A 6 FIGURE YES YOU CAN. THE ONE THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT EVEN BILL GATES HAD TO PUT IN COUNTLESS HOURS TO BUILD MICROSOFT. GRANTED LEASE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT THEN DON'T DISILLUSION YOURSELF BY THINKING YOU CAN MAKE A 6 FIGURE INCOME AND BE AT HOME EVERY WEEK OR BY SPENDING MORE TIME IN TRUCK STOPS THAN ON THE ROAD...I KNOW NEXT WE WILL HEAR ABOUT THE DOT WON'T LET YOU RUN RUN RUN, WELL IF YOU INSIST ON STAYING SOLO I WOULD RECOMMED NOT EVEN LOOKING AT A LEASE OPERATION. THERE IS MONEY OUT THERE; IT TAKES BLOOD, SWEAT AND A FEW HARDACHES TO MAKE IT THOUGH. IF YOU EXPECT A SILVER SPOON THEN GO HOME AND NURSE ON MOMMA'S BREAST BECAUSE OUT HERE; YOU HAVE TO FIRST BE WILLING TO NOT ALWAYS HAVE IT YOUR WAY...OWNER OR NOT.

• Wa
    wayne reynolds Jul 19, 2012

check with link america chasity.

Chasity Johnson Jul 13, 2012

Well i am looking for a job on the Internet and just wondering if this trucking company drives out of state. Because I have little ones at home. And don't want go out state. But I seen the opportunity to get my cdl. But nobody in there comments is saying that you would travel and what i am saying is before i put in for a job. I would like some information to see what I am getting myself into. So if anybody can you e-mail at [email protected] Thank you for your time I really appreciate it

• Ar
    A Real Prime Driver Jul 02, 2012

You're full of it. 5 yrs clearing 80 grand after taxes. Thank you for leaving and giving me more freight. Only lazy or ignorant people do notmake money at Prime. P.S. Company drivers are for losers, work the same and paid a fourth of what they could make cause they listen to two losers who couldn't run a business and want to blame Prime. Kind of like Obama blaming Bush.

• Ar
    A Real Prime Driver Jul 02, 2012

I have been with Prime for 6 years and on my third lease now and I make six figures so what the hell are you guystalking about. Oh yeah, I get it now, you are the lazy ### driver that's complains about everything, and everyone. I have a new five bedroom house, three car payments including my Lexus IS350 I just bought. My kids wear nothing but the best of clothes and i got it all from leasing at Prime. After taxes I've cleared 80 grand for the last five years and i get it because I never say NO. I do what I'm told when I'm told, and i don't complain about it. My first year was rough until I got the swing of things but I still made 50 grand after taxes so if you don't make money at Prime it is 100% your fault cause people like myself is hauling a 3000 mile load paying 6 grand drop n hook, besides I have never been at or below the guarantee. This quarter I'm already 7 grand over the guarantee. You never hear from us that are doing good at Prime because you fools always call us liars but feel free to ask for my truck number and see how far I'm ahead of the pack. Thank you all for leaving and helping my senority and leaving more freight for those of us who know how to run a business and make money. P.S. if you're a company driver you are missing out on what you really should be making. Prime's protocols on loads in an area to who gets first pick of loads: 1) team lease 2) solo lease/team company 3) and at the bottom is company solo if their is anything left.

• Ha
    Harold Eugene Johnson Jun 17, 2012

Some things can’t be said. Still, they have been covered, extensively!

Figure it out.

• Ex
    ex-prime Feb 03, 2012

I went to prime as a company driver in early 2011. I did two complete trips and quit half way tru the third. I turned the truck into one of their terminals. I left everything with the truck, load locks, lock kits, everything! And I had witnesses. It cost me, according to them, $765.00 for the equipment I left on the truck. They gave me back, they say, $340.88. They claim they did not have to do that. They also charge $1.00 a week for the fuel card. There is a charge for a cash advance I know nothing about. All in all they claim I made $1650.99. With all the deductions they show I cleared a whole $57. 72! Best two weeks of my life!
    Really...AVOID THIS COMPANY

• Pr
    proudprimewife Nov 13, 2011

Here's an idea. Before you lease, actually look at WHAT you're agreeing to. My husband has been with Prime, Inc. since Sept. 2010. He's been a lease driver since January of 2011. Yes, we have bad weeks and we have good weeks. Our good weeks usually average us bringing home between $1, 200-$1, 800 a week. Our bad weeks, we're bringing in $500-$800 a week. It's still not that bad. You guys want to complain about how much you're not getting paid? Look at everything that comes out each week. And don't forget fuel!! Lease drivers pay for their own fuel! That's where a lot of your paycheck goes to, and unfortunately as diesel prices go up...your paycheck is probably going to go down a bit. My husband gets good loads and he gets crappy ones, but he still takes them. He doesn't refuse them just because they aren't paying what HE wants them to pay. He takes them because it keeps him from going in the hole. I'd rather have a week with a $0 paycheck than have a week where we're in the hole $1300 because he refused loads because they didn't pay enough. Read over your contract again. Have a lawyer read over your contract. Attempt to actually understand what you got YOURSELF into before complaining about how bad a company is.

• Ir
    IronPony Jul 03, 2011

This is Ironpony again, here to explain how this system at prime works. Yes, you see me on all the trucking forums, that's because I can make more money in referals, than in driving. I can make $3-500 a week, just by signing up you dummies, I mean drivers !!
    You will never catch me in a lie, I am a professional !! Now please excuse me, my boyfriend and I have an appointment at the spa !!

• Ro
    RoadHammer72 Jun 10, 2011

I do believe that Prime does not, in fact, state that you will receive 72% of the line haul, I think that what they actually say is that you will receive 72% of the line haul PAID TO THE TRUCK. It sounds the same, but it's not. It may only be a slight semantic difference, yet the meanings of the two statements are very different. You will not receive 72% of what the customer pays to Prime, but 72% of what is paid to the truck after various broker fees, etc, are taken out. If people who sign the lease contract aren't aware of the difference between the two statements and don't comprehend the legal & financial ramifications of that difference, then that is on them on not on Prime. I'm not saying that Prime is a good deal or that I necessarily agree with how they do business, but that being said, didn't anyone else consider that 28% is a helluva large "dispatch" fee to begin with?

mellowyellow May 09, 2011

wow, the computer really messed up the words in that one! Try again with out the " & '

Really, a walk in the park? Its been how many years since youve walk anywhere? (That your nose wasnt up someones ?) I feel I got mugged while I walked in their park! There was, as I said, a difference between what the recruiter had told me, and the job as described to me by the fleet manager. Ive been doing this for sometime, I dont need to stop at mall fart and get more socks, underwear, pants, shirts and bedding, even if they do take comdata, I have plenty at home thank you. The point was not how badly I needed to spend money for more of what I already have, the point was, THE RECRUITER, THE PERSON GIVING ORIENTATION, OR THE FLEET MANAGER LIED. I did not complain all the time. After just the second trip, I saw they were not going to be what they said they would, and I left. Any way you go, Prime was not for me. I have been lied to by professionals (swift), I didn't need to be lied to by amateurs (prime)! Prime might be the best company on the road, I doubt it very much, but they blew it with me when they lied. So, to any one not drinking the prime colored Kool-Aid, ask lots of questions, get as much in writing as you can, wont be much, I dont think they can write, and be ready, as with any company, to be lied to! As far as pay, it was fair, best among most. Oh, I had a 2006 fraightshaker. Not the best kept trucks on the road! (I paid $250. for repairs to a company truck) I called the recruiter at one big company and was told ..oh, we don't hire experienced drivers... Its because your a crybabygo... I don't cry, i get pissed when i am lied to. Its because your a crybabygo..???? You really put some thought into that one! Go get some ice cream and have a great day.
    Drivers are a dime a dozen, slaves cost more.

mellowyellow May 09, 2011

Really, a walk in the park? It's been how many years since you've walk anywhere? (That your nose wasn't up someone's ?) I feel I got mugged while I walked in their park! There was, as I said, a difference between what the recruiter had told me, and the job as described to me by the fleet manager. I've been doing this for sometime, I don't need to stop at mall fart and get more socks, underwear, pants, shirts and bedding, even if they do take comdata, I have plenty at home thank you. The point was not how badly I needed to spend money for more of what I already have, the point was, THE RECRUITER, THE PERSON GIVING ORIENTATION, OR THE FLEET MANAGER LIED. I did not complain all the time. After just the second trip, I saw they were not going to be what they said they would, and I left. Any way you go, Prime was not for me. I have been lied to by professionals (swift), I didn't need to be lied to by amateurs (prime)! Prime might be the best company on the road, I doubt it very much, but they blew it with me when they lied. So, to any one not drinking the prime colored Kool-Aid, ask lots of questions, get as much in writing as you can, won't be much, I don't think they can write, and be ready, as with any company, to be lied to! As far as pay, it was fair, best among most. Oh, I had a 2006 fraightshaker. Not the best kept trucks on the road! (I paid $250. for repairs to a company truck) I called the recruiter at one big company and was told "..oh, we don't hire experienced drivers...". "Its because your a crybabygo..." I don't cry, i get pissed when i am lied to. "Its because your a crybabygo.."???? You really put some thought into that one! Go get some ice cream and have a great day.
    Drivers are a dime a dozen, slaves cost more.

• Da
    dannyjsarah May 09, 2011

Its because your a crybabygo to walmart and buy clothes and bedding they take comdata too when all you do is complain they treat you like ababy longhaul trucking is all the same just a different paintjob heck if u dealt with swift for 4 yrs prime is a walk in the park

mellowyellow May 04, 2011

Life happens, so after being with Swift for nearly 4 years, I found I needed to change companies. I asked a lot of questions and was very specific about what I wanted when I called Prime, Inc. The recruiter was very kind and said they could give me what I asked for. I had asked several Prime Drivers what they thought of the company and few had much to say. So I went to orientation.
    Once there I was told very a different story about the company and what the recruiter had said, but I thought I could make it work. Orientation was over and they had no trucks for me. So they rented a car and off I went to Springfield MO. from Saltlake City UT. They are really pushing the "no room" trucks they call light trucks. I could not, because of physical problems, be in one. ( you can't stand up, you have no head room.) So they offered me another piece of crap, (looked like it was used as a toilet). It needed body work and a windshield and although the detail shop had finished the inside, it was so dirty inside I had to turn it down. The shop said the windshield was fine, although it was scratched from a bad wiper. So onto the third truck. I spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning the inside.
    Then, before I was dispatched on my first load, I had to spend $600. for equipment for their truck. And to top it off, I was charged $250. for truck repairs that needed to be done to make the truck DOT legal.
    I was bussed to Saltlake City, spent four night there. Went by car to Springfield for another four nights, it took two days to get there. How much stuff can a person take with them on a bus? The plan was I would get loads that would get me home as soon as possible so I could get cloths, bedding, ect. so I could run for a few weeks. First load, was North East from Springfield. Next load was East to New Jersey. That was not the plan and I was told I would stay in the western half. When I questioned why I was being sent to the east, I was told "company drivers go where they are told, everyone goes to all 48". But I need to pick up supplies
    from home. The fleet manager said he had never had that conversation with me and they don't send us home until after the first four weeks. I was put on a different load that took me to Denver Co.
    As a company driver, when I picked up the truck, I was not allowed to drive it anywhere but the in yard. After hooking to a trailer and getting on the road, I found the front end to be very bad. So I asked to have the truck looked at.
    I was sent to Oregon and Washington on the third run so Saltlake City was the best shop. When I got there the tire shop took the front tires off and found one had 2 lbs of weight on it, DOT would have put me out of service for that, had I been inspected, and the other had 1 lbs. The other problems would be checked in the morning. So I advised dispatch and had the load repowered. I then told them the company was not right for me and I was going to quit.
    Prime does not care about me as a person. My needs are none of their concern and if I want home time, I would have to quit. They made a lot more money than I did in the short time I was there. As a company, they really don't care about the drivers. The office people run the show and everything is about them. Drivers are a dime a dozen.

• Ht
    httrucker Apr 26, 2011

I find that in every company you have those making money and those loosing money. I leased from Prime several years ago and did fine. They paid for repairs I didn't even think they were obligated to pay. All went well until I decided to buy a truck. That put me in the poor house and then out of business and back as a company driver. The cost of owning verses leasing is very similar if you know finance and accounting and how to calculate your true costs. Most truck drivers don't have the education and/or knowledge to properly assess this. I know many companies that lease all there trucks and others that own all there trucks. Each is successful, but you have to know your objectives and goals to know which is truly better. There were many times I thought that Prime was over-charging me on my settlements, but in each case it was my lack of understanding that was the problem. I have found for myself that when I go to assess a company I like to talk to those that are successful and find out how they got there rather than listen to those who haven't succeeded.

• Lb
    lbrehm Apr 19, 2011

My husband started out with Prime in November 2009. He was with his trainer until the end of June 2010. While with the trainer, he was still getting paid per mile, making no more than $600 weekly usually, and we did okay. In July 2010, he attended another class training so he could lease his own truck. He did not get paid for his training. While leasing, he only brought home more than he made from his driver training one time. Half of the time, he could not bring home more than $300. He was consistently asking his fleet manager for more miles, but was just not getting them. The other half of the time, my husband owed money to the company. He was not taking out any advances. He was driving, picking up, and delivering on time. All his driving was legal, especially since at this point Prime had switched to using E-logs. He could not come home without the fear of falling in the red again and owing Prime. Essentially, he was paying Prime to let him drive. He also had to take the truck into the shop several times to have the belt replaced in his APU because it continued to get shredded. We inquired about having the charges for the repairs and the APU rental fees reimbursed after this happened the second time because it was the same exact issue. Clearly, there must be some other underlying issue that was causing the belt to get shredded. We were instructed to contact the shop manager, Nick, in the Springfield yard. We left a message for him after being informed that he was out on vacation for the week. Nick did not call back right away the following week, so we called back. We did this several times only to leave a message and never get a response. The last time this happened was near the end of September 2010 where my husband could not drive nearly the entire week and had to pay to stay in a hotel while the truck was in the shop. The truck went into the shop Thursday evening. They checked everything out Friday and put in the order for the part. They were closed Saturday and Sunday! Monday, they took the truck in that afternoon, and he could finally leave Tuesday. He was reimbursed for the hotel but not for the repair, and of course, he made no money that week. In October 2010, he was scheduled for time off. They had him in Pennsylvania making a delivery a couple days before he was due to be home. Once the delivery was complete, they asked him to head to the Pittston yard to pick up another load heading away from home. He asked his fleet manager about his time home. The fleet manager told him that he forgot to schedule it and that now there were no loads in our direction. He gave my husband permission to dead-head in our direction and he would find him the next available load heading in home's direction as soon as possible. When my husband stopped for fuel, the company would not approve his attempt at a fuel purchase, explaining they were not willing to pay for his fuel on such a long distance empty run so that he could have his time home. Along with all the other weeks of not making money and the mechanical issues, he finally had enough and told them he was bringing the truck back to the Pittston yard and asked if he could cancel his lease from there. I took two days off from work to drive up to Pittston, Pennsylvania from Georgia to pick up my husband. It took nearly two months to get his final settlement money. They had deducted so much money from it for repairs and cleaning of the truck. One of those repairs was once again for a shredded belt for the APU. My husband took great pride in his truck and felt very betrayed when they commented on one work order that the truck was left in a "filthy" condition. The training was a decent experience, except that he was only home 5 times during his 8 months of training. The leasing experience was horrible. He ended up with JB Hunt not too long after leaving Prime. He is now home every 18 days. It was only after switching to JB Hunt that he had finally come home without me having to run and pick him up from nearly four hours away. We decided that this time he should just go company. He has probably made more money total within his 5 months with JB Hunt than his whole total within his year at Prime!

frankwhite44 Apr 15, 2011

Prime is a GREAT company to work for. When I first started out it was rough, however, I stayed the course, communicated with my fleet manager to get more miles, got my loads delivered on time, managed my HOS, and didn't make excuses. Now, I'm averaging 2800 miles per week, about to train my wife and I have a great relationship with my fleet manager. If more people did like me, there wouldn't be so much complaining.

• Ce
    ceeulayter Apr 09, 2011

i don't know any of you but it seems that the only people that are really truly happy are the ones that are on the truck with their spouses. my fiance was hired by PRIME INC. in october 2010 was advised that he need 60, 000 mile over the road training before he could get his truck. okay that to begin with seemed a bit much, but when you are starting out you do as you are told. the first trainer he was on the truck with was cranked up on some [censor], pissing in the bottle arguing with the wifey and hallin [censor] down the highway. that just was not safe so he requested a new trainer. oh guy was good (yeah right). we thought that this guy was truly a class act so he got on his leased truck and rode all the way up to about 57k miles this guy already knew that i was to be my fiance's team partner after he got the truck. well when he got close to getting his miles he asked my fiance if he would like to be his partner hey you think that meant that he thought my fiance was a good driver. NOT because as soon as he said no to his offer he advised the fleet manager that he thought that he needed another 20k miles on topped of what they required. [censor] that is what that is so my fiance refused. so when he told him that he wanted off the truck he took him way out to colorado and asked him again if wanted to stay or leave and the answer was LEAVE of course. so he even called the fleet manager and was advised that they already had a replacement which i think was a lie cause he continued to ask him to stay and then the trainers wife was on the phone and he had her on speaker and he told her that he was leaving him and she replied " oh i guess that he is tired of you using him" and he quickly said honey i have you on speaker. so we had to pay for a 2 day train trip back home. Prime is nothing short of a plantation that's right a plantation i said it. why do people think that they can enslave people to pay for their [censor]. when that person has [censor] of their own to pay.

• Ji
    Jimbobo Mar 12, 2011

Steve Larsen is a lying piece of [censor].

• Ba
    babylonia the great Mar 07, 2011

My husband is leasing with Prime. It has been a very bad experienced. His contract will be over soon. Can he bridge the contract before it is over. In other words, can he turn the truck in before his contract is over?

• Ji
    Jimbobo Mar 02, 2011

IronPony is a Prime cheerleader who blows Prime's horn on the trucker forums along with one other person. Oh, no...TWO PEOPLE OUT OF HUNDREDS. What a joke. The fact of the matter is, Prime is a CDL mill. Their "instructors" are nothing more than stressed out L/O's who always have to train someone because the money leasing solo sucks. It's designed to pump out drivers like a factory. It's a scam. [censor] Prime.

• @TAG A LONG

Man You really said it "applauds"

• Ir
    IronPony Feb 22, 2011

I think prime is a swell outfit. They treat me and my boyfiend like family. No company is perfect, but Prime is pretty close.
    I have been here going on 4 years, and make alot of money. Don't believe me, ask my boyfriend. I will most likely work here forever, since they are so good to me.

frankwhite44 Jan 20, 2011

Prime Inc is a great company to work for. If you aren't getting miles, then it's YOUR fault! I average 2500 miles a week, go home every two months because my fiance rides with me, and I'm at 0.34cpm. ADD IT UP! I've talked to many drivers out here and have found that the reason why they [censor] and moan is because they want everything their way. Well, YOU'RE NOT A CHILD!!!THIS COMPANY IS NOT YOUR MAMMA!!! Don't run outta hours, over-stay at rest areas, or [censor] around and you can make money too! by the way, I've been here for 5 months.

• Ta
    TAG A LONG Jan 15, 2011

THIS IS TO ALL YOU SORRY PANTIE WAST CRYBABIES WANNA BE.. SO CALL YOUR SELF TRUCK DRIVERS!!! look you fools look and look close and pay attention..it is not primes fault or shipper's fault.. it is your wonderful government!! now i'am not an anti government [censor]!!! no not at all. government would work if the right people were running it ... the hard working honest AMERICAN THAT IS RIGHT I SAID AMERICAN...we this may be kinda confusing for some what i am about to say but the older TRUCK-DRIVERS... AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE !!! will know what i am saying the trucking industry went straight to hell when the government deregulated it SORRY MEN AND LADIES I JUST SPENT THE TWO YEAR S RESEARCHING IT ...yes i do what i am talking about..for start i grew up in the trucking industry.. my dad owned 3 truck's and yes i had 2 my self 2007 freightshaker and 2008 freightshaker i have 17 years over the road west coast mainly ...damn [censor] hole calie ..but i all leased to prime 4 tears ago ...hey i never went in the hole but i never let them run my [censor]ing truck neither.. i was the driver i was the one paying the payment not the load finder's...we as TRUCK-DRIVERS ARE GETTING THE SHAFT...not by prime or the other guy...no it is the damn beauracrats . and the lazy fat [censor] who do nothing but pass BULL-[censor] laws that are so screwed up..yes i am all for safety ..it is are lives your family's lives out their as well ..but as long as we let the laws keep right on passing.then prime is not gonna be your prob any more.. you are not gonna be driving anymore .. DOT BULL -[censor] AND THE DMV will see to that as well...look i am sorry if you have had a bad experience with prime ... maybe it was poor fuel management on you part or to much of the choke-n-puke flying hook buffet.or laying around the nasty trashy T/A'S looking for a lot lizard or a sleeper creeper or mattress monkey.. what ever you wanna call them i call them just NASTY ..oh well different strokes for different folk's..all i am saying keep that left door closed stay out of fuel stops other then fuel shower and SLEEP ...that is why they are called fuel stops a TRUCK STOP has no fuel it is a place where a truck stops for a short time.. if the load is late is one of only2 reasons poor time managment on both sides...that is it both screwed up no other reason.. do the math or the miles figure the towns traffic road conditions etc.. the other is you the driver .what ya wanted one more roll off that buffet?? or ya wanted 2 more hours of sleep ?? well instead of staying up on the damn cb trying to get [censor] going or to look for a parking lot princess .. maybe you should have crawled back in the sleeper and went to sleep..so now the load is gonna be late mmm late charge where do ya fit it in?? and who should pay for it?? you tell me all i know is if i hire a trucking comp. to bring my stuff i want it on time if i screwed up and cut the driver to short on time then it is my fault ...no charge end of story but if the driver screwed up guess what the company get the bill..so what the hell do you think in time is gonna happen?? the shipper and the receiver are gonna say screw that company can't get my stuff on time so don't need them any more..so now ya ALL just lost MONEY !! you the company the shipper and the receiver now that is one less company to hall for..no load no company to get freight from so sit tight we will try to find another company to get their freight..then you get in to fuel surcharge for the owner opp and the company who's fuel is it really ?? that is a no brainer ..the government they price it so they own it..so FIGHT WITH THEM NOT THE DAMN COMPANY YOU WORK FOR.. piss them off fight with them and see how many load's ya get then.!!ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS WE NEED TO WORK WITH EACH OTHER ..WE AS TRUCK-DRIVER'S AND THE COMPANY!! what ever company that is...the only way a wheel will work is if the tire has air(US THE TRUCK-DRIVER) the baring is free(THE COMPANY)and the brake is released(THE SHIPPER AN THE RECEIVOR ).. but as long as the damn road is BLOCKED BY THE GOVERNMENT .. lets face it we are not going any where except (((( BROKE)))) !! and we have no one to thank but our selfs ..so lets do the right thing and put the rider back up on that bull and ride it until it GET'S THE [censor]ING POINT WE ARE GONNA TAME IT !!! NOT IT HAVING IT'S WAY WITH US AND TAMING US TO BE AFRAID OF IT...and if anyone takes offence to this then.. just quit because we damn sure have enough of your type running this country already ..they gave up on the honest AMERICAN all ready and started to screw us and you will surely do the same as a quitter.. and for the sorry little pissy cry baby in the post above this one crying about getting charged for a statement ..??? WTF!!! why should you get the golden treatment?? and not pay for that service?? someone else is taking time to keep track of your [censor]!! shouldn't they get paid for their time and headache?? BESIDE'S YOU [censor] IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ YOU CONTRACT IT IS EXPLAINED IN THERE ..WHAT THE FEE COVER'S quit crying about bull [censor] be a TRUCK - DRIVER DO YOU JOB OR GET THE HELL OUT FROM BEHIND THE WHEEL!!!because you are not paying attention to what you are doing crying about a 15 dollar fee ..and if 15dollars is gonna brake you then you are on a fast crash to the shoulder of the highway!! DUDE I AM NO SUPER TRUCKER OR HIGHWAY HERO BUT I AM PROUD AS HELL TO BE A TRUCK-DRIVER WHO KNOWS HOW TO RESPECT THE RULE S OF LIFE AND WORK FOR A LIVING DO THE BEST YA CAN BE A MAN NOT A CRY BABY !! and for those who know what i am talking about then we must have came from the old school .. DRIVER'S DONT LET FOOL'S LIKE THIS ONE CRYING ABOUT 15 DOLLARS MESS WITH YOU HEAD ..if fact to be known he probably is one who ya see at the terminal up stairs 400lbs sitting in the movie lounge eating every thing he can get his hands on..refusing loads right and left..talking about how he drove a truck at the age of 4 and has drove every road and dirt path from one side of the united states to the other !!! lol lmfa!! JUST CALL HIM SILLY BILLY BIG RIGGER ..OR SO FAST SAMMY SUPER TRUCKER !! why do ya think he talks about going broke??? refusing loads duh!!!oh well i could go on and on but i not just wanted to comment on some of the panty wast crybaby [censor] that is messing up what was one a grate profession !!! being a TRUCK - DRIVER!! to ALL THE TRUCK -DRIVER'S that are true to their selfs and there profession KEEP ON ROLLING keep looking in the right direction up and forward !!and not at that cell phone trying to text or that lap top.. trying to bash the company that at least gave you a job and thought you would give the company a good name and not a bad rap..and driver's we will meet again somewhere along life's highway stay safe and god bless those who try!!! your all right in my eyes TAG A LONG