Netspend Corporationnetspend is so messed up!

First of all let me start off by saying that I have never encountered a pleasurable conversation or even close to being acceptable for that matter. The customer service reps are fearless in how they treat you omg!!

There has only been one time that I ever spoke to someone who spoke fluent english and all the rest can barely speak a lick of it first n foremost. Call for yourselves just for ### n giggles just to see what I am talking about.

Oh wait, you cant speak to a human unless you are a card holder, I forgot. So this means if you are a potential customer with questions and these questions cannot be answered by the place where the card was purchased (Because these places always say "call netspend") and if your questions cannot be answered on their little questionnaire "q&a" then you most likely will call them but you will run into a problem because the robot asks for your "card number" and if you don't punch it in, you don't speak to anyone!! Thats right!!

Now, lets just say that your card has been stolen, u must know all 16 numbers to that particular card memorized or they will not speak to you regarding this!!! Omfg!! They insist that you give your 16 digit card number at the beginning of the call no matter what the call is concerning!!! Questions!! Comments!! Do not matter!!

If you are not a card member guess how netspend claims they need to "identify the caller" folks? You guessed wrong!!! They ask for your social security number folks!!! Yes, thats right!! Your ssn!!! And your not even a card holder!!! How do I know this? Because I had some associates that had some questions and I was unable to answer them so I called netspend for them on a 3-way and we went through hell trying to get their questions answered.

I didn't feel like getting up out the bed to get my purse downstairs to get my freaking card so I can punch those digits in just so their questions could be answered but everytime we punched the option to speak with a live operator, it demands on a card number so naturally I thought to myself "what if my card was stolen" how would I get a live person? We finally got a live person after I got my card and after about 25 mins of being on hold. Amazing.

Anyways, as my friends had tried to ask their questions the rep asked for their card number and when they said they weren't customers as of yet, the rep asked for their ssn and it would only be used as a "one time" identification purpose. We were flabbergasted!!!

By the time I spoke to a supervisor they hung up and I spoke to erwin-00743 ext-5515 (I am willing to bet this isn't his name or his real ext or employee id number) he was so rude and deflected any responsibility off netspend and totally defended these other reps by saying that he was sure that the reason they were asked for their ssn was so they could pull up "their account" even though I repeated told him that they were not members. He then kept saying "well if there isn't anything else maam, i'm going to have to end this call".

Erwin had an excuse and explanation for everything and borderlined called me a liar in the beginning by saying he doubted this and that about not being able to get through without punching in the card number and then also sort of called me a liar by saying he doubted the sh*t about the ssn even though he managed to come up with what he thought would be a acceptable reason for the reps asking for their ssn.

This company is unethical. They are unprofessional & rude. And in my opinion alot of them are just plain old stupid. I mean dumb. Uneducated. Under achievers. Losers. Bums.

I am pulling everything off that little card and maying my exit. Goodbye netspend.

RESOLVED

• NetSpend's response · Feb 19, 2013

CAJackson,

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this pending hold, if it has not already been taken care of. Please send your information to [email protected] and we will look into this.

• NetSpend's response · Mar 12, 2013

Makiger,

We have received your email and we are looking into this now.

• NetSpend's response · Mar 13, 2013

MrsMiller54,

We are looking into this for you and will get back with you.

• NetSpend's response · Jan 25, 2014

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with our service and your transaction with Direct TV.

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this and we request that you send your information to [email protected] We will get back with you as soon as possible.

• NetSpend's response · Feb 27, 2015

We regret to hear that you have been unable to use your card. There could be a few different reasons why this is happening. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will make sure this is addressed.

• NetSpend's response · Mar 08, 2016

Dear TaxPayer, We regret the problems you have experienced. Please email us your contact information to [email protected] and we will make sure to contact you as soon as possible. Thanks, NetSpend

Vanessa Young Dec 18, 2018

Netspend is the worst prepaid loadable card ever. They want to put your money on hold for no apparent reason to you ...until you try to spend YOUR MONEY and you can't because of some so called over draft from 1920! And apparently it's a job u had that went thru them for payroll. But they never take the money that they say you owe them, getting it released is a e-mail away to another department. And they are good at telling their reps. to lie to you because I've been waiting for a refund from them for a month. Each time I call it's a "it's been mailed on such and such date it will been there tomorrow" Ha! I was amazed when I saw so many complaints on the corporate website, pages and pages of complaints.

• Bo
    Bob Sim Aug 28, 2017

THE COMMENT ABOVE SAY'S in Quotes SOLVED BS!
    I got a Netspend card last year 2016 and it has been nothing but fraud on behalf Netspend no one else. First off I have two law degrees, therefore, I know law and know what Netspend is or what they are up too. When I got the card it was for my email account, Protonmail based in Switzerland, so I authorized it and since I only have one email account it just makes sense that they would not block it again since I explained that this charge was a reoccurring monthly fee however they blocked it again. So, being out of the country working for the international criminal court or ICC one is actually prevented from dialing outside the country so on speaker phone through my lawfirm all I got was idiots there, putting me on hold then transferring me around, and when I finally did get this guy he said he needed to verify my identity... OK. But then he started asking me if I had ever lived here or there and I said no no no etc, then he asked me if I knew this person this person etc I said no no, and finally I said listen pal, I never give those details out and it sounds like your asking me who I know from facebook, and security questions are supposed to be questions and answers prior to one setting up an account, not after the fact, So this [censor] then replied I'd have to call back in 24 hours because my verification failed. I said wait, the five dollars on my email account was used before then you blocked it again only so you could dupe me into intelligence gather questions, which I know is unlawful. My advice is not to use them ever and yes I am filing a lawsuit against Netspend for fraud as well as some other unlawful violations. No one should entertain this because, as I said to Netspend, how do I know this conversation is secure? Furthermore, I never disclosed names of distant family members or 20 year old addresses etc to them before and find it's a security risk even saying more. Therefore, when I cost them 20K in court I think they might pull their heads out of their a... DO NOT USE THEM, if you do and they mess about seek legal action and/or sue! Keep receipts for travel, time on the phone, time wasted gas etc and sue. simple as! FRAUD on NETSPEND STAY CLEAR

• As
    Ashley243 Jun 20, 2017

netflix is horrible i had my card stolen and they wont return my money! I had a police report and everything and they still wyouldnt return my money im going to sue!

• Do
    Donna5381 Apr 27, 2017

I agree with everything said above. Net spend made it so complicated to activate a second card in my spouses name. The end result is they have my money and wont allow me access to it. I have tried to activate the card in my name as I already have an account and active card. No go! finally they said the card was activated. To my surprise when I went to use the card it was denied. You got it! Not activated. Called to get it rectified to no success. The managers and supervisors only speak from a script. I would like to gather everyone who has been ripped off by net spend and sue them with a class action suite. They are big with deep pockets it is time for the customers to speak and be heard. if interested please email me at [email protected]
    Donna Cox

vanentito28 Apr 27, 2017

@Donna5381 Donna call corporate and file a complaint.
    I'll give you their direct number [protected].
    Explain to them your situation and see if they can help you out.
    The other number you are calling is pointless!
    They are all ### between the reps and supervisors.
    I'm done dealing with them!!!

vanentito28 Apr 20, 2017

SIXT RENT A CAR has deducted money from my bank account without my authorization. Last week on Thursday 4/13/17, the merchant attempted to withdraw the money from my account for a transaction that was not authorized by me. The merchant then sent me an email saying that the transaction was cancelled. On that same day I called Netspend and explained to a customer representative the situation that was going on. The representative placed a stop payment against the merchant and sent me an email advising of the stop payment. The representative even guaranteed me that if I did not have the sufficient funds on my account and the merchant attempted to take the money out again the transaction would get declined. The money was reversed back on my account on that same day. Now today I went to Burger King and tried swiping my card and the cash register told me my card was declined. When I checked my account I come to find out I am -$97.04 because SIXT RENT A CAR charged my card again for the full amount of $219.00 even though my bank account only had $123.72 available at the time and the bank allowed the transaction to be posted even though I was told not to worry that it wasn’t going to happen. Now I’m upset because not only did the bank give me false information but I’M BROKE! I have no money in my account and the supervisor that helped me file my dispute told me that I have to wait 10 business days to get my money back? And after the 10 business days if the have no resolution then the dispute is extended to 45 business days. When I asked, "what if after the 45 business days I can't get my money back, are you guys going to make me wait that time frame?" her answer to me was, "YES"! That is totally unacceptable. The reason I need to please get a temporary credit is because not only do I not have any money but I do not get my direct deposit until Wednesday 4/26/17. This is not the only dispute I have to wait for to be resolved I have another one that was placed on 4/3/17 for $300.00 that I have to wait until 4/24/17 for an "update" and another one from March 2017 for $40.00 that was EXTENDED for an "update" on 05/04/17. This is totally unacceptable and I am going to report this bank on every website possible so that only customers like me, will reconsider banking with them.

• Mo
    Monica Elizabeth Mendez Osorio Aug 23, 2016

My money is not on the card I put 100 in one card and 50 in another Netspend card that I bought at the store I check them and I need to dispute all those transaction because they were not made by me

Samantha_1991 Apr 16, 2016

Netspend told me that someone had opened a netspend account in my name and that it was fraud and they had to close both accounts. How do I go about getting my money back since my account was closed?

• Pi
    pissed off taxpayer Mar 02, 2016

Unbelievable!!! this has got to be the worst company hands down!!! i also will no longer use turbo tax because of netspend. I was told i would receive a card in the mail within 7-10 business days! after reading all these reviews you probably know what i am going to say next right?? that's right! no card!!! well after the 10th business day and still no card i called them to let them know i still hadn't received it. I was told i would receive an expedited card in 1 to 2 business days. Ok. Well when i get on my email later i have an account alert that says I have a 0 balance on my card that i NEVER RECEIVED because of a transfer to a jalecia luton!!! WHAT???!!! how the hell does that not throw up a red flag as it is so obviously screaming fraud??? I had just talked to them and told them i had not received my card! my account had not even been activated!!! how can you be that negligent when dealing with customers money? yes i think a class action lawsuit is in order

• Re
    Reviewer77813 Jan 31, 2016

This experience with this company was a complete nightmare. I purchased the card and when I tried to activate it they would not do it. They have given me the complete run around and have yet to refund my money. They are crocks.

• Vi
    vitor poot Dec 15, 2015

my wallet was stolen and i want to be refunded, for the unautherization ; use of my card. my credit card was in my wallet and i was refunded by other companys but yours; why is that; thank you.

• Do
    Dorothy L. Burch Dec 02, 2015

I went to an ACE Cash Express last week. I hadn't used my ACE Card in quite some time, however, in the past I have done the same, and it was still activated for my use when I was able to use it again. Well, I went to reload, and was told I could not. No real reason at all. It just said, we are having problems, and I had to contact the Corporate Office. And that many people are having to fax their identification and social security card. Okay fine. But when I wanted to load other cards at this Dallas ACE CASH EXPRESS Store off Live Oak St., why would it not allow me to load other debit cards that were not affiliated with my NETSPEND card, when they were not with them. I was told that because of my Netspend card, I was not able to load any of my other cards. This was really hard for me, because if I wanted to pay for my electric bill and phone minutes on line or through my phone, I was and am clearly unable to do so because of this. I immediately went online, because I didn't have enough minutes to hold on line for a customer service representative; this was one of the purposes of me needing to reload, is to acquire minutes for such lengthy wait in using my pre-paid phone. So, when I got online and put in my password, it would not take it. I thought if I had an password that Netspend gave me and forgot it, than surely they would have a link like "FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD, " and would help me attain another and send it to my email. There was no such thing or way of me getting it or with anyone. So now, I'm at the mercy of whoever to help me in obtaining access to my ACE CARD, in reloading it again. And I still would like to know why my other cards were not able to be reloaded at that ACE EXPRESS Store. Thank you for whatever you can provide. My email is [email protected]

• Cs
    csr81 Mar 26, 2015

I am also a, new user and feel like I just got robbed of 300$ I got a new card and it was immediately blocked. I was told they needed to verify my identity. Which by the way was confirmed in store when purchasing the card. Then I sent in my ID and proof of residency and that is still not enough. I'm so upset. I'm a single BROKE mother who now has no access to MY own money. I'm not asking for a credit card. This is a pre paid card. This is morally wrong. I can't cancel the card and get my money back. So basically netspend just made 300$

• Sh
    shaquitap Feb 11, 2015

Netspend is holding my money their telling me that my card isn't blocked but I can't make purchases online neither can I make purchases in store these guys are rip offs thieves and crooks that need to be shut down...

• Ah
    aha x 2 Feb 05, 2015

i got a netspend card to pay my student loan. i authorized the payment to go out monthly. the doe collection agency sent me a letter every month may 2014 thru jan 2015 saying thank you for your payment. today they called me and told me i was in default, that netspend had denied payment. i checked my account online and found that i had enough money in it to make the payment and that they had only disbursed 2 payments and had begun charging me $5.95 acct maintenance fee monthly for the past six months. i spent at least half hour on the phone with a netspend rep whom i had trouble understanding and could only read the same screen i was reading at home back to me. i then sat on hold for at least half hour waiting for her supervisor. i hung up and wrote them a letter. i want to know why netspend did not disburse authorized payments and why and when they began denying the request. i signed up for email notification and never received a mail from them about it. (i also want to know why the doe sent me letters saying the payment was made for 9 months when they only received 2 months from netspend-- but that's another sad american business story.)

• Sh
    ShereePlair Aug 04, 2014

This is amazing how many customer's have been cheated out of their money. This is a card that was suggested by turbo tax. How sad, as I will not be using turbo tax anymore. But I am curios, has anyone notice, you are charged 1$ for every signature and 2$ for pin usage. So far, I have racked up 150 in a months time just for using the card. The customer service is horrible. There has got to be a way where we can get a class action lawsuit going.

• Je
    JerryDGreat Mar 05, 2014

Hey guys ! Sorry but ithink NetSpend
    Is a great Company !
    I have spoke with one of their agents
    Yesterday and found out that NetSpend is really
    An interesting Company .

My friend ask me why NetSpend Need to
    Ask for their Ssn, id etc... Bla bla bla
    And ask it to one of the agents located at austin
    She said its for security verification
    We all know that NetSpend is a
    Financial Institution so money is involved there
    They ask for ssn for them to easily find your account
    If you lost your card to mark it as lost and send a new one for you
    And its for free so that you will still stay with their company
    Other docs is requested and its for Account verification
    We all know about the identity theft right ?
    So that is their protection to our account to
    Validate if you are the right person or not .

Ive been a NetSpend user since 2008
    I have experienced rude agents but not all of them are like that
    One example is Mr. ****** and i dont remember his last name
    He helped me a lot with my account issue
    Bec i recieved a text from them that i should call
    Customer service to check about my pending deposit
    So i called them he answered the phone and assist me
    Ive been so rude to him when he said that there is a block on my account
    Resulting for my account to be frozen.
    I dont listen to what he say speak too much
    But in the end he made me happy with
    The solution he provide.

If there is a chance that i can meet him i will be thankful to
    Him and sorry for what ive said .
    That conversation made me realize that
    I have choosed the right company to
    Handle my money.
    I know there are ups and downs with
    This company but if you know how NetSpend Works
    Well you'll be happy to stick with them !

Keep it up NetSpend !
    I will promote your company to all of my other friends not
    Using your service !

• Th
    THICKCURVYCHICK Feb 25, 2014

Okay first of all... i am constantly being charged for every time i use the card and for when i pull money off my card and i am not supposed to be charged for that withdrawl at all. 2ND OF ALL, YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE ANY WAY FOR ANY OF US AT ALL TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET AT ALL. AND ON TOP OF THAT WHEN YOU DO GET AHOLD OF SOMEONE YOU GET TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE WEBSITE BEING DOWN AND THAT THE WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNIN AND ITS NOT AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO USE NETSPEND AND WE JUST WANT THE PROBLEM TO BE FIXED ANOTHER THING I GET SSI AND MY BROTHER DOES ALSO DD ON OUR CARDS. I RECEIVED MINE AND HE NEVER RECEIVED HIS SSI. I THOUGHT THAT WHEN YOU GET SSI EVERYONE WHO GETS SSI AND HAS IT DEPOSITED ON THE CARD GETS THAT THE SAME DAY UNLESS IM MISTAKEN SO COULD YOU PLEASE CLEAR THAT UP FOR ME BECAUSE I GUESS I AM NOT ON THE SAME KEY WITH YOU SO MAKE IT SWEET SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT THANKS

• Lc
    lcolliob Jan 25, 2014

I am VERY upset with NETSPEND and will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, I had also tried to contact your corporate offices and will continue to do so until I receive some resolution. I DID NOT authorize any the transactions that occurred on my account to Direct TV and I called in yesterday on the phone to try and speak with someone and got someone who claims his name was Johnny-ID 55270 or 55278 and he was VERY nasty and rude. He told me that I claimed that it was an unauthorized transaction but I gave Direct TV my card so legally that made it an authorized payment and that was NOT the case. I DID NOT authorize this payment at any time to come off of my card. He told me what did I expect, I made the payment and he would not listen to anything that I was saying. He did not validate me as a customer and he treated me horribly. I then asked for a manager and he had me on hold for 30 minutes, came back to the phone and changed his voice as if though he was someone else. He then told me his name was Jmar ID 5527070 and I told him I knew that he was one and the same. As we talked longer, he lost the fake voice and was speaking the same. I will NEVER recommend anyone to this company and am removing my funds. Your Customer Service needs an Undercover Boss visit or something. I will report this to everyone and put all on the internet. I cannot believe that you would allow someone access to my account and to take from my card...its as if though you are with them. HORRIBLE service and this isn't the first incident. I gave you another chance and still the same. Also, I STILL don't have my money back on my card.

• Mr
    mrsmiller54 Mar 12, 2013

I received the netspend card when I filed my taxes this year. When I
    got my card in the mail, I also received a leaflet in the envelope
    that said if I had a direct deposit of minimum $50, that I would
    receive a Dining Dough Gift Certificate for $100...Great deal right?
    Well, I signed up for a direct deposit of $118 PER WEEK. The leaflet
    said the certificate would arrive in 3 weeks or so. Well, after about
    four weeks and SEVERAL $100'S of dollars being direct deposited, I
    still didn't receive anything in the mail. I call customer service.
    They told me that yes I qualify and it should be there any day now. OK
    thanks, I hang up and wait a few more days...which turn into weeks.
    Call back again about two weeks ago. They lady tells me there is no
    such thing. But after reading her the page off the website she says Oh
    I'm sorry, it will be there in 7-10 days. Well, two weeks have gone by
    and still NOTHING. I am currently on hold with your useless customer
    service representative who keeps telling me that I am wrong and that
    there is NO SUCH THING! I read her the website and she says OH then it
    will be there in 7-10 days...I said OH NO HOLD ON A SECOND, let me
    speak to your supervisor. She insists that her supervisor can call me
    back during business hours tomorrow. I say no, I would like to speak
    to someone now. After putting me on hold for upwards of 20 minutes she
    comes back on the line stating that her name is "Sam" and she is the
    supervisor. I told her that I am NOT stupid and that I would like to
    speak to her supervisor. She insists that oh she is the supervisor and
    that the reason why she sounds the same is because she is using the
    same phone. I was on the phone with her for over 47 minutes and she
    kept repeating the same thing over and over. I have since hung up and
    called back to get someone different.

She told me that Netspend is not doing that promotion. Well, if you
    aren't doing the promotion, then how did I GET THE LEAFLET WITH MY
    CARD?!?!?!?
    I would just like to receive what I was promised from your company.
    I don't think that it's fair that I'm trusting my money with a company
    whose employees DARE call me a liar. And then turn around and FLAT OUT
    LIE TO ME!

Makiger Mar 12, 2013

I am currently on vacation with my husband and 6 kids. My husband lost his wallet the first day we were here so I went to buy another netspend card to transfer his balance to my new card. Got that straightened out but today (Tuesday Mar 12th) I went to use our new temp card at McDonald's and it was declined. When I got online to check my account it wouldn't even let me on my acct. It said to call customer service bc there was a problem with my card. I called. They put a restriction on it that can only be lifted after two days as long as I can fax a utility bill, my drivers license and ss card. Who in the hell travels with a utility bill? Now my family is stuck 12 hours from our home with no food or anyway to get home thanks to the ###ers at Netspend. I have been crying for the last hour. My husband asked to speak to a supervisor and could never get one. We have been getting the runaround from every person we speak to. They don't speak English so it's very difficult to understand any instructions they do give to us. Netspend is a big joke. They can't even say why there was a restriction placed to begin with. So my kids Spring Break has been completely ruined!!! They asked me if there was someone back home that could go into my house and find the required documents. What a ###ing bunch of ###!!!

• Cr
    crazyboh Mar 05, 2013

I just recently was sent a netspend card to activate to get my tax refund. When I got it, I withdrew 600 for brother I owed, and then transferred $990 to my mother whom I owed. No where did they say in the same day you get your taxes and try to transfer money to your mother you owed that also had netspend account that they would put a block on your account for no good reason.Then to get it all fixed you have to have an id, ss card, current bill, etc..then fax it at your expense, and because my husband is the card holder he is the only one that can do anything and he just recently lost his license so now there is a block on the account and no way to get it off without current id..when there should of never been a block put on..they give you the option to transfer up to 1000 a day

• Ca
    CAJackson Jan 10, 2013

Yes I have been a customer with NetSpend since 2003, I have text alerts on my phone and received a text that 521.00 was taken from my account, well I contacted customer service asap and they told me that I would have to call that merchant (although this was not my transaction) and tell them that I did not make this transaction.) I called the other company they said that it was not a charge but an authorization hold, the order was cancelled and the name and the address that the person gave did not match mine so how did it even process? I contacted NetSpend and told them what the company told me, they then said that they have to receive a fax saying it was cancelled and what it was and all that B.S. I again reminded them I did not make this transaction they should be doing all this. So I called the company back they faxed over the information on "Letter Head" as requested and NetSpend claimed they did not receive it. So the other company gave me her direct line so that she can speak with them. I called NetSpend, asked them to hold called her, and she read everything that the fax said, the date, the time they received, and then Jonathan is going to say well we did not receive it, so she asked Jonathan to tell her everything that the letter needed to say and include she then typed it on there letterhead and faxed it to him directly while he was on the phone, He told me that it can take up to 8hrs to release the hold, here we are two days later and no release. my electric is about to be shut off, my gas is about to be passed due, and this company is holding my money. I have never experience this before and never heard of a company keeping your money for a transaction that was not yours did not have the correct information and then have you contact the merchant and go through changes. I'm now in the process of a small claim lawsuit.

• Ni
    niknik50 May 26, 2012

amen to that...i just got jerked by customer service rep..then cust. service reps boss..then onto the next level up. Only to say my account was closed by the bank after 5 years as a customer. on hold for half hour...no resolution..no real help and lets throw in a huge language barrier problem.
    What a fun place they are. absolutely low rent.

• Dw
    d.willey305 Mar 26, 2012

I agree 100%. Netspend has the worst customer service. I am actually on hold right now as im typing, and have been waiting for about 1 hour. I have been waiting for a direct deposit to go through for about a week now. I would LOVE to get a bunch of people together and fight against Netspend. They have gotten me SOOOOOO angry and have done some damage to me and my family financially. We have kids to support, and have not gotten paid due to Netspend holding my deposit because of a address change. The asked me to send in a piece of mail, my ID, and my SS card. So I did, and they said my funds will be available within 1 hour. It has now been 2 days!!! I called and one person said they received the info I sent and they are still processing it. I called again and this person said they have not received my info so I sent it about three more times. And yep, you guessed it, I have still not received my $$$$. It has really put a hurt on me and my family. I would do ANYTHING to get Netspend back for this. Especially after reading the complaints other customers have. Lets get all of us together, and fight back. They cant get Americans to do the customer service? That is ridiculous!!!

Andre Bryson Mar 14, 2012

In December of 20010, my apartment was broken into, and, my credit cards were one of the items stolen. Because they where back up cards, and, I was not aware that they were missing, and, I had the only activated card on me someone activated the one of the credit cards, and, preformed a transaction of $63. I received a text alert informing me that the transaction of $63. was performed but did not inform me that the card was activated. Anyway at that time, the card was reported stolen. I filed a claim, and, the claim was paid, minus $50. because they said that the person that stole the card must of had my PIN. They, Netspend, credited my account $13. All personal information was changed on the account in order to prevent further actions using the reported stolen card. Netspend assured me that the card would not be reactivated. Netspend, was receiving a direct deposit to my account, and, I made every effort in order to prefect my account. Before the payday I contacted the bank again, and, updated personal information to the account, and, again, I was informed by Netspend that the reported stolen credit card would not be reactivated again! Sure enough, in January of 2011 the stolen credit was reactivated, and, Netspend sent me a text message informing me that they had done so, and, furthermore Netspend informed me that they had given the reported stolen credit card a PIN giving the person or persons access to my account! The account was wiped out of all available funds, and, Netspend was making money off reactivating the stolen card, and, didn't seem to care about my lost. Netspend would charge my account for the reactivation, of the stolen credit card, charge the account for customer service inquire, and, assistants. I would received a text message that a deposit has been made, and, I would receive a text message that would inform me that Netspend had reactivated the reported stolen card, and, I would receive a text message that Netspend had just giving a PIN giving access to my account. Since, I running out of space I'll try to make this short!! This negligence went on from December of 2010 until May of 2011. Netspend was receive money each time they reactivated a stolen credit card, and, did not care about their customer privacy. Netspend has paid back some of the monies they taken out of the account but not all of the monies. My concerns are if Netspend can act like a bank, are they going to be held to the federal standards as a bank on giving out personal information to their depositors, and, privacies rights? When I inquired as to why this was going on I was informed that what they were doing is with in their rights, and, there was nothing that could be done about it! I refuse for that statement to be true! I want them to be held for their illegal actions. I do have records to show that what I have stated to be true, as does Netspend!! I see that their running advertisements on how they respect the privacy act, they could have fooled me? Oh they did!

• Ta
    tammy guzman Mar 07, 2012

i tammy guzman am disputing 25.63 from check mate that was posted to my account on 3-5 3-6 also was told by one of your representative's when i called back on 3-6 that there was another 4dollars taken out by checkmate again??? i have no reculation of any checkmate purchases i do not know what checkmate is please refurbish my account with 27.63 as i need it asap to pay my bills this has been very inconvenient for me.

tammy guzman
    [protected]

• Yo
    YORVONNE Feb 27, 2012

SOMEONE STOLE OVER 1700 DOLLARS OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND NETSPEND DID NOT PROTECT ME. AND THEY ONLY GAVE ME A DEADLINE THAT I WAS NOT AWARE OF UNTIL THE LAST DAY TO GET FORMS BACK TO THEM SO THEY CLOSED THE CLAIM AND IM JUST OUT OF 1700 DOLLARS. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUES WITH NETSPEND UNTIL THIS POINT, I WILL NEVER USE A PREPAID DEBIT ACCOUNT AGAIN. DALLAS TX

Tedyfly Feb 15, 2012

well still with netspend car rentals can be a bother try to pre pay for gas that helps hotels they get u but if u call in about 3 weeks they releases the hold with no problem.

I just now got direct deposit and got paid two days early so happy with that plus only took 3 pay checks till it went thou so not bad at all.

• Sn
    snwjones83 Feb 14, 2012

I wish I had known this before I got involved.. I've been given the run around about my money for the last 6 days and I'm beyond pissed off.. I had a transaction on my account which was voided... I contact netspend they tell me wait 3-5 days and the money will be back in my account.. I did that, my money still wasn't in my account call them again they inform me to have the merchant fax them over documentation stating they didn't take the money, and 6-8 hours my money would be on my card... False information given again..So now I'm being told due to this being a rather large amount of money it will be an additional 24-48 hours... I've contacted the office in Austin, Texas and was unsuccessful.. if anyone has any information as to who I can contact please share it!!

Tedyfly Aug 10, 2011

well it took like 3 more days to get my founds and every things been ok with my account.
    hard to believe how many have had problems but i am not sure if the problem is the company it self or the ppl you have spoken to for help.

But As I read And See Whats Going On Its just amazing nothing big has happened to me and my account so I will be on the look out and till that day comes I will continue to use there services!

MadDFWTexan Aug 09, 2011

On June 15 I had over $2300 in fraudulent charges made on my card in the UK. My day started out as any other day. I had checked my balance in the morning, as it was my daughter's birthday and we had plans in the evening. I had $1900 available on my card. I stopped for breakfast on my way to work, had no issues. Worked the full day and went home to my family so that we could head out to dinner to celebrate. We stopped off for gas and my card was declined at the pump. Strange... So we go inside and it is declined inside as well. I log into the netSpend site from my smart phone to see that my account has a negative balance. I began to review the "Pending Transactions" and there were approximately $2000 worth of purchases made at various transportation providers and retail chains in the UK. So within 10 hours, netSpend allowed $2000 worth of charges to occur in a foreign country. Let me say that I live in North Texas. So it stands to reason that if I made a purchase in North Texas around 9am, I wouldn't be shopping in Sussex GB within a few hours... or taking transportation there.

Of course, I couldn't dispute the charges until they were paid. I can accept that this is the policy with any bank or card company. However, I was very disappointed to see that the charges were all paid, and to add to my frustration, netSpend charged a currency exchange fee for each transaction pushing my account another $100 into negative balance.

When I contacted netSpend Customer Service to dispute the fraudulent charges, they told me that they would cancel my card, then asked what actions I had taken with the merchants to have my money returned. I told them that I hadn't contacted the merchants, as they were not charges I had made and that I was not in the UK. The representative told me that I should attempt to contact the merchants to ensure that my money was credited, and to fax documentation with a police report to netSpend for them to investigate my claim. I was told that I should have the charges returned to me within 7-10 days.

I felt that it was a little outrageous to expect me to contact these companies... I had no information about the purchase except the date they were paid by netSpend and the last 4 digits of my card number. Regardless, I Googled every company and contacted their standard email address with my request. Some responded, some didn't. I forwarded all communications to the netSpend dispute resolution department. Within a couple of days I received a call back from netSpend advising that my fax didn't have my actual signature so they couldn't take the necessary action with VISA to investigate the claim. So I refaxed everything with my signature. I then received communication that it could take up to 90 days to have an international dispute resolved.

So as of this date, I still have not been credited back the amounts for the unauthorized charges or the associated currency exchange fees. I discontinued having funds direct deposited onto the card, as I do not trust this company. I loaded $20 into the account at a local vendor to ensure that I had funds available to cover my monthly account fee until I can get my funds returned and close the account. I checked today to see if there had been any progress, which I tend to do, hopeful that it won't actually take 90 days to get the money back. Amazingly, there are nearly $20 in iTunes purchases that have been made from the UK with a different card#!!! Unbelievable! It's clear that someone with netSpend is leaking or selling this card information. The card this activity occurred with hasn't been used in months and has NEVER been used online.

Now.. to those who say "You must not be able to get a checking account or a credit card". I say "Screw you!!". I have had a checking account for years and have credit cards. I used the prepaid debit card services of netSpend because it was supposed to offer security and convenience. I liked being able to control what funds were loaded onto the card and available for my daughter to use when she went shopping.

Bottom line is... Do your homework! Debit cards are not protected the same way that credit cards are, and debit card companies do not have to offer you a courtesy credit for fraudulent charges while they investigate. If I had done my homework I wouldn't still be waiting for $2300 to be returned to the account.

I never had issues with this company until June. Now.. I would tell anybody who has a card with them to seek other options because it's a matter of time before someone ends up with your card information and is enjoying a trip abroad with it!

Tedyfly Jul 19, 2011

So far i have used them for about 3 years and never had a problem there was a motel that ad a hold on my card for a month but i called and got my money relished in like 5 mins been also using direct deposit and was working fine till now where my deposit comes from justs changed there system so now it says they have sent it to my card but it has not showed up before it was there before i got the notices they sent it so a lil worried and now from reading this site but will post if it comes in.

• Fr
    Friendly66 Jun 17, 2011

I just received a card from Net Card in the Mail.I thought
    my you look very attractive with the Mastercard logo.
    After reading a couple of reviews this card is going in
    the trash as soon as I get off the complaint board.I noticed
    Net Spend isn't anything about their shady company.
    I would advise anyone to check out the complaint first
    before making any decisions.

• Pz
    pzt81 Jun 08, 2011

This card is a joke and trying to get any remedy from un-authorized transactions is worse than pulling teeth. All you get from net spend is this... long wait (on-hold) times while waiting for a higher source to help remedy along with a whole lot of "im sorry" and "rest assured" OMFG! I've tried to contact netspend about my account that shows a history of in accurate transactions for 2 weeks + total on hold time of 3 1/2 hours with no resolve!

#1, they need ppl that speak english. #2, they need more ppl that speak english.

When talking to a customer service rep, you may as well be on an automated line-same replies from what sounds like the same person everytime i call back (but names change.

This company is very shady.

• Ba
    Babs67 May 14, 2011

I have been reading the comments on net-spend and I cam across one that said that they are in Texas which is true but the staff they hire are not in the U.S jobs have filtered out to different countries to save the corporation money for cheap workers. Now as far a net-spend goes I was just on the phone with a supervisor screaming at them because I got a text message last night saying that my card has been shipped now that would of been ok if I had actually ordered one. I was on the phone with three different employees that gave me three different answers one of them saying that it is absolutely impossible to order a card unless the card holder did it, then I get another one saying that they apologize but someone must of had our information...WRONG!!! unless their website in not completely secure and then finally I spoke to someone that told me that the system automatically updated the card and processed an order to have a card shipped out. Now being that these people sound more like they are reading from scrips, you cannot understand them or that they take pleasure in playing the stupid card peoples accounts are put in jeopardy because if the system is automatically spitting these cards out and the card holder doesn't know about it then the card can be activated and the original card is blocked and then anyone that uses it as a direct deposit can be in danger, I just told the company that if this problem is not fixed I will go on the hunt for more people that has had this same issue and get a class action law suit started for breach of security on their part. What people do not understand is that hackers do get into information but when a company does things to make it more tempting for thieves then it needs to be secured. I use these types of cards because then I don't have to worry about being ripped off by a bank, and if the money is not there I can not use it and that is a safe idea but if companies are going to continue blaming the card holders for their irresponsible systems thenthey need some serious help

• Xx
    XXMISSMANIAC May 11, 2011

i NOW KNOW TO WRITE DOWN MY CARD NUMBER AND KEEP IT AT HOME JUST IN CASE. BUT MY COMPLAINT IS... GET THIS THE WEBSITE SAYS "REFER A FRIEND U BOTH GET $20" (AFTER ACTIVATING NEW CARD WITH $40.) SO I REFER MY FRIEND SHE GETS A CARD THEN WE BOTH RECEIVED EMAILS SAYING NEITHER ONE OF US WAS ELIGIBLE FOR THE $20 BECAUSE YOU CANNOT BE A PREVIOUS OR CURRENT CARD ACCOUNT HOLDER. WTF. I THINK THIS NETSPEND IS ULTRA TEMPORARY.

• Vo
    vonnievanilla May 02, 2011

I wish that I had read these complaints before setting up an account with Netspend. They can not locate my direct deposit. Netspends customer service reps, supervisor and manager continue to ask me for the account and routing number that they gave me. We were all in agreement that it was correct. The goverment three way call to them and provided them with the same information.
    Netspend then began to ask me again for my account number and routing number.
    When I asked for their pysical address and which route do I take to get them their reply they do give customers their location. Yes, I agree that this company is a corporate scam and stealing money from their customers and taking advantage of people who for whatever reason choice not to use a traditional bank.
    I would advise anyone considering doing business with them to opt-out. When you have to say that your card was stolen just to be connected to customer service know that you are dealing with a dishonrable corporation. If you enjoy stress, frustration and ignorance then I say you have found the perfect corporation to hold your money.

• Gu
    Guard Dog Apr 19, 2011

NetSpend may be a fraud but I just got into their employee section and from here I've got access to accounts I can unblock stuff on accounts too so I'm assuming it's a supervisors account

• Ho
    holls8405 Jan 28, 2011

I have never in my life had such poor custmer service. I was an upset customer and in the midst of me telling the person on the other end he totally just hung up on me. I called back only to hold for 27 minutes. Then when I called back for a 3rd time the man said he was gonna transfer me to the escalation department and he transferred me back to the main menu! Why doesn't a single fu*kin person speak english. They don't care about our problems, and they say " I understand why youre upset"...BULLSH**! I hate this company and as soon as my money is refunded I am closing my account as well as doing everything possible to let everyone I know about this piss poor placy that calls themself a "company"

• Ms
    MS.RDJ Nov 29, 2010

NETSPEND IS THE WORST DEBIT CARD EVER..U CAN'T SPEAK WITH A CUSTOMER REP. WITHOUT KEYING IN CARD #??? THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS FEARLESS, NO REGARD FOR THE CUSTOMER..I'M DEEPLY SADDENED BY THIS EXPERIENCE TO SAY THE LEAST...NETSPEND SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN FOREVER!!!