Navy Federal Credit UnionFraudulent fees

B

I had been approved for a loan after a huge month long debacle on nfcu's part and bad reps. Then we were approved and the 650$ for appraiser and application was removed on the premise that we had the loan. We were set to close on 9-1-10. Up until that the agent and I worked on the loan until the 27th, when she called and said the loan was denied, no reason, and I could reapply in 30 days! Are you kidding! I am submitting a grevience with all the information to the main branch. If I cannot get my money back plus the fees I incured from other closing items I will report them to the next higher athority. We are a military family who have banked with nfcu for years, this was our first time trying to refi with them (We have excellent credit) and it was 2 months of nonsense (And many, many hours and work on our part) ending in us 800$ out and nothing to show. We are going to cancel accounts of ours and our family and let all of our friends know as well should nfcu not return the money. Even the associate couldnt believe it, they wouldnt give her an explaination either.

• Mi
    Mike G. Jul 11, 2011

The problem being described here is NOT a problem with NFCU, but with anyone who lives from paycheck to paycheck. If you have a habit of regular saving, then it won't matter what day of the month your bills come due because "savers" always ready themselves to cover many months of living expenses when the unexpected occurs. Learn to manage and save your money, prepare yourself for the unforseen twists and turns that life throws at us and you'll have not problem making your loan payments on time.

• Th
    Thefox67 Dec 16, 2010

Here is your first mistake; NAVY FEDERAL does not care if your military, a disabled vet, Michael Jackson etc. AS LONG as THEY GET THEIR money... I am telling you... how the hell does NFCU get exclusive RIGHTS to the ONLY Navy BOOTCAMP at Great lakes? Well lets see... Retired ADM Jay JOHNSON is one of their paid board members along with dozens of other higher ups who never gave a ### about Sailors or Marines. Every debt consolidation company will not touch Navy Federal as they have most paid off. Until the Higher up ENLISTED take action NFCU will continue screwing our shipmates.

• Th
    Thief in the night Nov 19, 2010

To all who use Navy Federal Credit union...If you have a loan with them & you do not pay by the 13th of the month, they are charging you $20 Increased Balance Adjustment. Then if you haven't paid by the 23rd they charge you another $20. How can you expect people to pay their loans on the 13th, when payday isn't till the 15th. How many more people are they doing this to? You won't see on any of your statements, you have to look at each account online to see it. One adjustment they charged us was for over $99. They have charge nearly $400 to us since August. They representative said it was for past due late fees, hello, is see a fee assessment, so why another fee. This is stealing, and plan to refinance these loans somewhere else. Hope everyone else does too. I have attached a copy of our online activity looks like. Pay attention people they are stealing from us and they are stealing from you too!!!