NatWestOpening Account

J

I tried to open an account with Nat-West in Hythe, Hampshire.
I went to them just before Christmas and managed to get everything sorted but still needed a proof of address which i took in that same day into their Holbury branch.
The paperwork i took in to confirm my address was a SKY installation bill which proven my address where the installation was done,
I got a callback from Nat west Mr Dan Swinger whom informed that the proof of address was invalid and cannot be used to which he requested me taking them any other form of bills which have my address on it.

I went back on soonest possibility and took every letter i ever had on that address and the Cashier took a letter from my Landlord, A letter from my previous employer(which was less then 3 months old) and a letter from the NHS, she made copies and said someone(Mr Dan Swinger) would contact me accordingly,

I awaited the contact but nothing happened, so after a week of waiting and not hearing anything from them i decided to phone the service desk, after waiting for some time before the phone got answered i finally spoke to someone whom took my details and informed me gladly someone(Mr Dan Swinger) will contact me,

waited and waited but no luck! so today on the 7th of December i went into the branch and got to hear that none of the provided proofs of address can be accepted!
and this while one if from my landlord, the other from the National Health Service and the other from GARMIN(my then employer)

Also i got informed gladly by Dan Swinger that he can only follow the FSA legislation and will try to use my letter from NHS but it is highly unlikely as they can only be used until the age of 18..

This is supposed to be a good bank that provides great service but in fact they are not! i told them to go ahead but in the meantime i will go to another bank where my business is wanted and i am appreciated as a customer.

I will never advise people to bank with Nat west and never speak a good word of this establishment!

people take your business to other banks where u will be appreciated not one where your time is someone else's Pleasure and amusement!

• Aa
    aaronjagger Nov 18, 2010

NATWEST ARE CON ARTISTS

• Aa
    aaronjagger Nov 18, 2010

I urge everyone DO NOT JOIN NATWEST...they intentionally allowed me to go overdrawn then changed their internet bank details to show that a previous transaction had left...i even have an ATM receipt...they are useless on the customer services and say they will charge me...just [email protected]@ try it I'm leaving before they charge SEE YOU IN COURT U CU*TS

• Ak
    AKHATE ASHOK Oct 16, 2009

I have received a SMS on [protected] that My mobile (no+[protected] have received some price inNATWEST INT'L mobil draw. Please conform. URGENT.

• Ak
    AKHATE ASHOK Oct 16, 2009

I have received some price in NATWEST INT'L Mobile draw on10-09-2009.My mobile phon no. is +[protected].Please conform. URGENT

• Ka
    katrina Mar 13, 2009

tell them that u am going to take them over to cort with them

• In
    INOT Nov 20, 2008

NatWest has kept my money because I don't have an account with them!
    I used their ATM machine 4 days ago to withdraw 300 pounds they are now saying I have to wait 20 days to recover my money. Its robbery and they don't care.

saran stevens Nov 06, 2008

I to have had a bad experience with natwest, ive been with them for 5 years now & im going to change to Lloyds as they are alot more helpful. but it started when i went away & took out 10 pounds natwest added 4p which went over my overdraft, i returned to find that 56 pounds had been added & when i was actually noted about all of this it had gone up to 200 pounds, i refused to pay it as it wasnt my fault and that they had been adding this on. also i was a student & could barely pay that amount. ive called customer sevices people over & over again with no luck & one called Ashley was very rude to me. it has gone so out of control that im thinking about taking them to court. People do not go with natwest!!!

• Valerie Oct 27, 2008

I have banked with Natwest for over 15 years personal and Business, putting millions through my accounts year on year. I now will be changing, In the last 12 months Nat West have failed to support business needs, failed to carry out same day transfers from branch even thought instructions are made in branch before midday.