Napa onlineOUT $114

A Review updated:

On April 19th 2010. I placed an order for 3 auto parts. Which totaled at $114. Which they took out right away. 2 weeks have gone by and I decided to call them to find out what was going on with my order, and after about 5 emails 5 phone calls and about 5 voice mails. I have not heard from them. So another week going by and I went online to check the status of my order, and I see that Napa has canceled my order. So after numerous calls I finally get someone to answer the phone. I asked about my order and I was told it was canceled because the parts were on back order for another 3 weeks, and I was told that I will be receiving my refund within a couple of days. now its June and I still havent received anything close to a refund. So I filed a complaint with BBB and they told BBB that its not Napa's fault its their banks fault. And I have to wait about 30 days. So BBB decided it was ok to close the complaint because Napa wouldnt respond to anything anymore. I have concluded that Napa is a SCAM. A multimillion dollar franchise is stealing money from working people that are struggling to make ends meat. I hope Napa goes bankrupt.

• A
      Jun 04, 2010

NAPA is a great company and I am sure it was some kind of glitch in the banking system. It is the bank you have issues with not NAPA. They are a huge company that has been in business for many years and has a great reputation with the industry world wide. I am sorry for your unfortunated experience but to to say that NAPA is a scam or ripoff is compleatly unfair. Many product come up on back order daily and that is not something NAPA can controll, it is their manufatures. Please do not judge them so harshly. Your situation is truly a one off and is not the normal way NAPA conducts business. I am simply a consumer who happens to know someone who works for NAPA, but I have also purchased many items from NAPA and always have been very happy with the service and quality of the items.

• K
      Jun 10, 2010

Wow. If you think NAPA is a scam you have probably never shopped at an Autozone, Advance or Pep Boys. They're the real scammers in the auto parts business. They sell low quality junk at inflated prices. Sure they offer lifetime warranties on almost everything but they have to because all they sell is junk. Give NAPA a chance to straighten out the problem.I'm sure you'll be more than pleased.

• B
      Mar 06, 2011

1. NAPA isn't a franchise. It's a distribution service, essentially servicing entirely INDEPENDENT store owners. Which a lot of people confuse when they bash NAPA, their complain has nothing to do with NAPA 99.9% of the time.
    2. Where were you ordering from? NAPAOnline orders ship out of their distribution centers I believe. If you called, pry, any of them, and asked for an operations manager or called their HQ in Atlanta I am sure someone would be MORE than happy to help.

• D
      Nov 01, 2011

My Experience 11/1/2011 Online order service is pretty much worthless. I needed a fuel pump which a local store said they could get by next day if I drove 1/2 hour and paid $170 upfront. I found that I could order online to be sent to that store at no charge and it was in stock. Got an email that my order was successful. Called the store and they told me that MY order would take 5 days and the pump they said they could order overnight was no longer available. So within 15 minutes did someone buy "my" pump? Or did I buy the pump online and they see it as not available? Or does the store not know their own system? No one knows and the online order system helpline tells EVERY CALLER to LEAVE A MESSAGE and they’ll get back to you!

• B
      Jan 22, 2012

I placed an order on Napa Online and when I picked up the part at the store, they wouldn't honor the online price stating that NAPA doesn't set the store's prices. It is really poor way to do business. Either the online service should be thrown out or the stores should honor the online system. I won't be going back to NAPA. Their Belfast Maine store sucks.

• C
      Nov 26, 2012

I'm another victim of the Napa scam. Never again will I purchase anything online with them and if you know best, you won't either. Happened to me just like the first post. Said order has been cancelled and now out 46.50. I called and they always say the refund is on its way and that has been 3 months. I have contacted them by email and the so called manager and got 4 emails from a Calvin Mathis saying that they are sorry and working on it.Folks, this Napa online is a scam.

• S
      May 30, 2014

This is the complaint I sent to napa online earlier today.

About a year ago I ordered a power brake booster/master cylinder combo via napa online. I entered my debit card information and submitted my order. My account was immediately creditted for the agreed amount, but the next day I received an email from Vernell Washington saying that napa did not have the part I ordered, and that I would not be charged for the item. I had already been charged though, and it took several days for the amount to be resubmitted into my account. In the meantime I did not have funds to go elsewhere and get the part I needed.

My next experience with napa online and Vernell Washington is almost identical. I ordered a clutch set this time, was creditted for the agreed amount, and then received the Washington email explaining that napa did not have that part and that I would not be charged for it. I had already been charged, this time I called my bank to see if it was a legitimate charge, and they confirmed I HAD been charged. I am now waiting on napa online to refund my money once again.

Every other online shopping site has enough sense to post the availibility of an item BEFORE charging their customer.

Napa online is also dishonest because the Vernell Washington emails stated that "You will not be charged for the item" when in fact My bank confirmed I HAD been charged, and was waiting for a refund.

Now I have not had access to the ~180 dollars since tuesday night, and will be unable to receive it over the weekend as napa and my bank are closed.

This means that even if I am refunded on monday I will not have had access to ~180 dollars for 6 days because napa online cannot let customers know the availibilty of an item before charging them.

If the funds are not creditted monday June 2, 2014 I will file a dispute through my bank.

I have ordered dozens of parts from 4wd hardware and quadratec, and something like this has never happened.

I have ordered 2 parts via napa online and both times this escapade unfolded.

The third time might be the charm, but im not going to find out because I will never order anything via napaonline again.