Nabiscochipsahoy!

V Review updated:

I grew up with Chips Ahoy and got hooked to these choc chip loaded cookies which melted in ones mouth. Today I can actually count the choc chips & the cookie itself taste awful. Did the recipe change or is it only in South Africa?

• En
    ensjesse1 Dec 11, 2009

Not sure if the recipe changed, but here in the United States they taste awful. I can't believe that anyone would pay such a premium price for such poorly made cookies. They say "Real cookies" on the package but I highly doubt they are flour based, probably some type of substance that requires no heating just pressing. This may explain why they are so chewy, of course if anyone likes that sort of style then they probably have no idea what a properly baked cookie tastes like anyway (unless they like it based on a texture preference.)

• Sh
    sherita c Jan 08, 2010

the cookies here in metro detroit are hard, dark and dry. I remember when they were light in color and fluffy. They use to taste wonderful when eat them with a glass of milk. Now you have to give them a minute to absorb the milk because they are so hard and flat. What the hell... I know they took out an ingredient to save money because everyone is cutting back some kind of way.

• Da
    davisjayhawk Nov 09, 2010

I was missing a cookie. thumbs down

• Ro
    Robynj May 29, 2018

I bought a bog of Family Size Chips Ahoy this weekend. I know Chips Ahoy have changed for the worse in recent years, gotten smaller, taste a little different. BUT, this package takes the cake. They were very thin, very small, almost like a cracker. I'll being saying goodbye to Chips Ahoy unless they bring back the standard cookie I remember

• Ca
    Cash Anderson Feb 18, 2019

We have been buying Chips ahoy Reduced Fat for along time and loved them but lately they have been dark and dry not like before when they were light and sort of melted in your mouth. what have you done to the cookies. If this continues we will no longer be purchasing them