Mytheresa.comthis is a fraudulent practice to overcharge customers

R

US purchases was charged more than 30% customs duty and taxes. This info is not clear and buried in pages of shipping information, which only states "please contact customer service for details about custom duties taxes." This is a fraudulent practice to overcharge customers. Do not waste your time and money.

• Ta
    tayriley Jul 13, 2016

Ordered from mytheresa.com for the first time recently. Bought 2 pairs of the same shoes, to see which size fit better. Sent back the pair that didn't fit. Got an email for a gift card with a strange amount. Nothing in the email said what the gift card was for. Had to call customer service and they said they DON'T refund the handling and taxes back to your original payment. INSTEAD, they send you a gift card for the amount of the handling and taxes. This is written in TINY PRINT when you check out. REALLY shady of them because this only forces you to buy more things-- and if they don't fit, then you return it and get MORE gift cards...IT IS SO F'ED UP.
    I have ordered from MANY MANY other luxury sites that are international- STYLEBOP (also located in Germany like mytheresa, btw), SSENSE, MATCHESFASHION, YOOX, ASOS, FARFETCH...literally NONE OF THEM have this policy of only returning PART of the cost of the item. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I WILL NEVER GIVE THIS PIECE OF ### BUSINESS ANY MORE MONEY EVER AGAIN.

sammyPE Aug 24, 2015

My Theresa wont charge the same price for items to UK customers.
    With todays exchange rate a skirt should be £512 @ E1.39 to the £1.00.
    My Theresa are charging uk customers £643 when the skirt is only 713 euros
    Why are uk customers always being overcharged compared to the rest of the Europe.
    They're excuses and reasons were pathetic. I asked to be charged in Euros as other companies can do so on my credit card but My Theresa refused to.
    Clearly a
    Rip off

• Je
    JEC1 Aug 25, 2014

This site is an absolute fraud. I bought a Vanessa Bruno top for my sister. When she tried it she did roll up the sleeves to see what it looked like. It didn't really fit her though. So I sent it back and now they are claiming at customer services that the item is worn and they will not accept it. I am writing a full review of my shopping experience for a number of online fashion sites. This is terrible service. Do not shop on this site. Go to Matches.com or Net-a-Porter. I contacted a number of major department stores and other online sites and they stated that it is perfectly fine to rolls sleeves up when trying a shirt or blouse on and should not affect the Returns Policy. I am so utterly disappointed - I hope there is an option for no stars!

Tip for consumers: I would strongly advise against using this site. If you are not happy with the order they will find an excuse not to refund you. The items they send are not as advertised. I will be taking the blouse into Vanessa Bruno to check it is not a second or a fake. Very untrustworthy site indeed.

• mytheresa.com PR Nov 15, 2011

Dear Rikalde,

please note that product prices on mytheresa.com are shown exclusive of VAT and customs duties. Unfortunately, turnover tax on imports, customs duties as well as handling costs will be invoiced separately by DHL for each individual country. We therefore kindly ask our customers to contact our team at [email protected] regarding taxes and duties in their individual county. However, as of December we will be offering DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) invoices, which means that all relevant import taxes and duties are included in the final purchase price. This will definitely make purchasing from mytheresa.com more convenient and clear in terms of duty & taxes. We are looking forward to offer you an improved shopping experience. Best wishes, the mytheresa.com team