Menu

Mutual of Omaha  -  Setting up an online account

C
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We are a senior citizen household, and my husband and I share a common email address. My husband does not use email except as a contact address.
MoO contacted my husband, through our shared email address, to sign up for online services, so with his permission, I enrolled him. When I went to sign myself up, I was blocked because MoO's policy indicates that 2 people cannot use the same email address. Other online services, including our physicians and our credit card companies, permit this by using 2 different logins and passwords. Why is this not an option here?
Your practice is outdated and annoying at the least and discriminatory at the most, and I am surprised you have not been challenged on it before. You contacted and welcomed my husband even though we have parity in this household, but I--the female of the household-- am the one who manages the accounts and the payments, and the request to set up my own account was blocked. Your current practice favored him and discounted me.
If this is a company policy issue, it needs to be changed. If this is a technical issue, it can be easily modified. Please let me know when this is done so I may continue with my own account set-up.
--Carolyn K Crecelius, Policy # [protected]
Contact information: [protected]@sbcglobal.net; cell, [protected]

More Mutual of Omaha complaints & reviews

Mutual of Omaha - fraud and scam
Mutual of Omaha - mid year premium increase
Mutual of Omaha - claims processing
Mutual of Omaha - no policy papers
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
0 comments