ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Mutual of Omaha MortgageRefinance gone bad

We started a refinance process on December 15th, 2020. I chose Mutual Mortgage because I was promised a great rate (2.75%) with no points required to secure the rate. My current lender was offering the same rate with 1 point (Roughly 3,000). After almost three months, we were expecting to close any day when I was asked if I could payoff my loan mod/partial claim in order to close (almost 10k). I was told that if I did not, it would not be a no cash-out loan and the terms would change. I opted to pay.

The next day they told me that they needed to see my 2020 taxes because they noticed the person that completed my verification of employment (my brother) had the same last name. I filed my taxes and provided them along with the IRS acceptance letter and the companies Operating Agreement that states that I am not an owner of the company. They came back and said that I needed transcripts (which will not be available for 3 to 4 weeks). Had they requested this earlier, I may have been able to provide in a timely fashion. Since I cannot provide, my rate will expire. Dwayne stated that he would extend the rate in a phone call earlier but when I emailed him about it, I never got a reply. So I am now having to start over.

I will stick with my previous lender because they won't require me to pay for the loan mod/partial claim. However, I am going to have to pay a point (approx. 3k) for a rate that is a quarter more. I am also out 500 for the appraisal, which Dwayne stated that he would cover. I am sorry I ever reached out to Mutual Mortgage. It is my opinion that Dwayne over promised and Mutual didn't want to deliver. Instead of telling me straight out that they didn't want my business, they hit me with multiple stipulations until I could not meet them (again, just my opinion). I intend to copy and paste this and share it on every possible outlet I can. They messed with the wrong person.

Comment Guidelines