Menu
MultiChoice Africa / DSTV
reviews & complaints

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2054 complaints
50 resolved 2004 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
6:14 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been calling multichoice for more than 10 times now!! The customer service you render is pathetic!! I have been placed on hold 3 times for literally more than 11 minutes first time, second and third time was placed on hold for more than 8 minutes after I instructed that I should not be placed on hold for more than 3 minutes without anything being...

View 0 more photos
I
5:04 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Dstv price lock

Good day im a client if dstv with client number 63012630, I upgraded in June to pricelock for 649 including my package of complact plus, I added an extra dstv explorer for R49.00 per month, all in all im supposed to pay R793.00 including R95.00 for extraview. Since July month Dstv is ripping me by charging R1610&1272 for July and August Month. Please help as I reported the matter to them, they promised to call within 24hrs but now six days have passed without any correspondence.

N
11:53 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Extra view - can't link my second decoder

More than a week and my problem are not resolved.

My ref at Multichoice is 5470290.

They can see my account with only one decoder but not the second decoder. the second decoder is on their system but not link.

Acc: 11212212
Main decoder: smart card: 1045 7304 523
Main decoder serial:A100158124

Exstra view decoder smart card: 1045 1386 475
Exstra view decoder ser: A100204981

S
3:27 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

dstv has been disconnecting me at least thrice a month for the past 3 months. i pay R360 for FAMILY every month on the 25th. now they telling me i owe them R233.72 when I asked to be cancelled for the pathetic service.. The statement they sent is incorrect and does not even reflect the correct payments and dates. There are so many transactions on there...

M
2:32 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Multichoice/ dstv, please give my money back - over charge Multichoice/ dstv is a bunch of thieves / crooks. We sign a contract for 24 months and they take extra from your account and nobody wants to take action nor resolves this. Man up please I spoke to three incompetent team so called team leader and did nothing spoke to 8 consultant and the last...

T
6:44 pm

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - compact

Please why do you keep cutting off my network after i jave paid my subscription? This is the second time dstv is doing this. I paid om the 26th of august and on the 2nd of september my connection was cut off again. This is so frustrating. And they cut it off at hours when they must have closed to prevent people from calling to complain. Dstv ... you are taking your customers for granted and this is wicked.

J
12:00 pm

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - 3 view

Acc. No. 2268779 - Complaint
I write this in utter frustration and disgust in response to the extremely poor service received in dealing with your call centre.
• We have been loyal customers of Multichoice since 1996.
• The Saga started on Friday 30 August 2019.
• We are in the process of converting our accounts into 3 view system.
• We spoke to these people in your call centre: -
1. Sholene - 30/10 Afternoon
2. Katlego - 30/10 Evening
3. Thulile - 1/9 Morning
4. Daisy - 1/9 Afternoon
5. Sudhir Dahadur - 1/9 Afternoon
6. Ayanda - 2/9 Morning
7. Mantu - 2/9 Afternoon
8. Makhosi - 2/9 Evening
• At the time of this email our DSTV is still not functioning and it would appear that none of these people have the necessary skills and knowledge in order to deal with our problem.
• The complete lack of listening and verbal skills was apparent throughout.
• Apparently, IT Is to blame as it was escalated, they're on two occasions during the weekend and today.
• At this stage I am ready to sue for breach of contract as you are not delivering the service that you promised.
• I am also writing a similar letter to Hello Peter and on social media.
• I am now also considering to take my business to your opposition NETFLIX!
• I implore you to investigate this in the utmost urgency and communicate with me.

D
9:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I upgrade to price lock, but ever since I am having problems. I spent more that r800 airtime to phone and that to be told to phone price lock and holding on forever I received the decorder on the 14 august. And it was installed on the 17 august the installer left my house without the picture showing. I had to phone dstv for the whole day al of the sudden...

L
12:22 pm

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Dstv customer line and package

Customer: DvH Meyer
ID: 4807305012084
Smart Card Num: 41303229235
On 10 August we phoned the customer line to update for the month to the premium package as my father wanted the watch the rugby.
Your employee stated that they will change his package to premium and that he should phone before his debit order goes off to change back to his original package.
On 25 August he phone you to change back to his original package.
When he got back home on 30 August you switched of his decoder. I phone your helpline to switch it back on. The lady promised that you would do so, but that never happened. It seems that your customer line promise the customer a service but never produce.
My question is, why did you switch of the decoder?
When we eventually got it on again, you refuse to put it on his old package. Now all of a sudden the packages have changed! You specifically told him he could go back to his old package, he must only change back before the debit order goes off.
What are you going to do about this? This is unacceptable for you to just change a person's package whenever you see fit!
Your customer line never told him that when he will be changing back, you will change the package! You are stealing customers money, and breaking your contract!
I would very much like to know what you are going to do? I am going to take this to the broadcasting commission and going to the consumer board. This is absolutely unacceptable to treat a client of more than 15 years like this.

Regards

Lizel Meyer

Update by Lizel Meyer
Sep 01, 2019 12:23 pm

Customer: DvH Meyer
ID: [protected]
Smart Card Num: [protected]
On 25 August he phone you to change back to his original package.
My question is, why did you switch of the decoder?

Regards

Lizel Meyer

C
11:51 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - account query

I've upgraded to price lock in July 2019. I made a manual payment in June 2019 and on the 28 June 2019 a debit order went off. They only came and install the new decoder in mid July 2019. In July another payment went off of R1100. I called and it's clear these agents are clueless as it clearly showed I was not suppose to pay in July 2019. The price locked we signed up is R899. August 2019an amount of R1900 came off. I phoned on several occasions just to be informed that these agents don't have a direct number for these price lock agents. How come? You promote a package but no one can get hold of you. This is ridiculous and somehow a person wonder what is the amount that was initially filled in on the form. I was suppose to get a reversal for the extra you deducted but nothing. I want to expose this to media and warn people of this

3:09 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called DSTV customer number cause my catchup doesn't seem to be working. The lady who picked up the call, asked me questions around when was the catchup last functional ... I as a customer was oblivious doing my best as I knew how to get to the bottom of the problem so it can be fixed ... basically she said " Mam you have an attitude" ... now I don't know...

P
10:16 pm

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - change of ownership

Sometime in April I took over a Decoder from someone else through change of ownership, which was confirmed to be a success by Dipuo Moeketsi on email to my suprise this month my channels are blocked yet the payment was done on the 27th when I call your call center I was told that the Decoder is still under the previous owner, was advised to go to one of your outlets of which no one is able to assist I've been sent back and forth.

4:15 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Dstv package change - pathetic customer service - account no.22064793

Hi

I'm writing the email to express the pathetic customer service I have received from multichoice.
I phoned multichoice JHB call centre on the 28 /7/19 to down grade my package from to the DSTV access, but was told I could do in on the 26/8/19 as that was the date on my payment, so I decided not to connect till then.
I call DSTV call centre on the 26/8/19 as was requested to do so to downgrade my package, I spoke to a lady by the name of Thembikle who inform she will do it now and that I should just pay for the package I require and reconnection fees.
She told me to pay and email proof of payment to which I did immediately. I then Call to verify that proof of payment was received and to be reconnected, a lady by the name of Kayleen reconnected me.once I page through the channels I noticed I was still connected to my previous package, so I decided to call and queried this, this time I spoke to lady by the darnel, she told me the package was note change initially as I was told it was and that she will escalate the matter and ensure that it will be rectified within 24 hours.

2 days pass and this is now done, on the 30/8/19 morning I received a SMS from DSTV that I am disconnected for not having done a payment.
I call DSTV the moment I reach home. I spoke to the first person on the call centre who told me that she is not able to assist me as the systems are done which was a lie, I request to speak to a manager and wait for more than 15minutes on the line and then the call cuts.
I proceed to call again, this time, not explaining anything just requesting to speak to manager, I was put on hold again and wait for about 14.5min this time and the call eventually cuts. I call DSTV again and speak to a lady by the name of Antonia, I explain to her my issues and request to speak to a manager and this time I'm told all the manager are in a meeting, I insist to speak to someone and after 20mins speak to a lady by the name of Minola, who now wants to rectify the problem on the system ( initially was told systems are down.) .she does reconnect me and I wanted lay a complaint to which she gives me a number that does not even work. I was not frustrated irritated and angry, I called DSTV once more and spoke to a guy who I voiced my frustration and was requesting a complaint email address. Then my airtime finished, I had wasted R150 of airtime trying to rectify a fault that DSTV should have done .now this has costed me 1 and half hour of my time and R150 additional of my money in airtime. I call DSTV today again just to get the complaints email address and just queried how much I will be paying at the end of next month and I was told by Sanele shange ref no 2264796/I79 that I was doubled charged on the system, he told me he not sure why I was double charged and promised to rectify it immediately - only hope this done and the service is so poor from DSTV.

I would now like to know how will I be compensated for the R150 I spent with calls yesterdays to DSTV to rectify a fault that DSTV has made, that the incompetent staff could note perform a simple down grade.

I await your speedy response .

If I don't received a response I will definitely share my experience on every social media platform.

Kindest regards

Vikash Maharaj

M
2:21 pm

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Change of ownership on a decoder and to start an account

On 19 August 2019, I submitted change of ownership forms via email. I received a reference number(1793054) on 20 August with a notification that the systems are being upgraded and will be down till 11pm. I inquired if it was till 11pm on the 20th and if I will be able to call in on the 21st for assistance. This was confirmed on email. On the 21st I called and was told that the system was still down and that I should call the next day. I did the same on the 22nd and the 23rd. On the 23rd I got through to Siyabonga and he said that they had received my documents and that they would be processing it and apologized for the delay. He also took all my details to open a new account for me. After spending 40 minutes on the phone, he confirmed that I have been registered on the system to start using the Dstv once the change of ownership took place. He also mentioned that someone would be in contact with me that evening with regards to the change of ownership (ref: 50920698-i114). To date I still have not received a call. On the 24th of August, I decided to go into the Dstv Branch in Cape Town, N1 City. A consultant, Peace (at teller 38) assisted me. She had to recapture me details as it was not done on the 23rd. After capturing my details, she said there was a problem as they system says I'm on it but it can't be found. She went to the back office to try and sort this out. After a while, she came back and said that they are trying to sort it out but it could take a while and that we can leave and she will contact me. On the Sunday she contacted me and said they are still trying to sort it out. On the Monday she said they are still struggling to sort it out but she is going on leave for the next two days. As she is sitting with my paperwork, she has to be in contact with me when she is back from leave. We are now on Friday 30 August and no-one has contacted me. I called Dstv again to try and see if anything has been done - nothing. No change in ownership and not creating of my account.
It is quite pathetic that it is taking two weeks to try and sort this out - and I am doing most of the following up. Why do you give us reference numbers if they do not get worked on by your staff? I hope to get an answer as soon as possible with regards to this.

F
7:09 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - DSTV services disconnected after payment

I received notification on Tuesday 27 August 2019 at 08:38am, informing me that my DStv was stopped as I had not paid. To reconnect, I would have to pay R653.38 using ref no. 49618070 (screenshot attached). I would like to know how you came up with this amount?

I phoned the call centre and was given a number "for the pricelock department" which doesn't seem to be working. I phoned in again on Wednesday and the lady that assisted, logged a call (ref no. 49618070 - C1) with your finance department to contact me because I should not have an outstanding balance. I have yet to get a call from them.

Yesterday, 29 August 2019, I tried the "the pricelock department number" again and still, no joy. I called the DStv call centre again and the lady I spoke to informed me that there seems to be a technical issue debit order and pricelock customers are being disconnected and no one knows why. She promised to send my details to the department that deals with connections and promised to do her best to get me reconnected by close of business yesterday.

It's Friday 30 August 2019 and I still haven't been reconnected nor have I received any further communication from DStv. Talk about the worst customer service in the entire world!

I urgently need an explanation on what is going on!

F
4:49 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - unauthorised debit order

Good day

I would like to lauch a formal complaint. In June 2019, I changed my debit order banking details from Standard Bank to FNB. I contacted Multichoice call centre in June and I was told that I need to fill in a 3rd Party Authority form because the DSTV account belongs to my mom. I did so and sent back the forms to Nomsa Mbatha on the10th June but the banking details were never changed. The debit went of the old Standard Bank Account.

On the 11th July 2019, I called again and spoke to Thando Kubashe about the same issue. I sent through the form and ID copy but again it was never changed.

On the 8th August, I called again regarding the same issue. I spoke to Saphokazi Mnisi and sent throuh the form and ID copy.She then requested a proofof banking details which i also submitted but the debit order still went off the Standard Bank account.

Today, i called again and spoke to a certain gentleman who told me that they actually can not change account details on the system and that i need to visit a multichoice branch because they are struggling.

The simple resolution that I am requesting is to just change my debit order account from Standard bank to FNB as requested.

Decoder serial number- U200617747X9
Smartcard Number - 4131 6551 344
My contact number - 078 077 6714
Email Adress - [email protected]
[email protected]

3:23 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Lack of communication to customer and lack of training

I have had the worst customer experience from DSTV I honestly wonder what sort of company it is that has a lack of customer communication by the managers and also no clear communication by its staff.

Three weeks ago I called in MultiChoice to change my date of payment from the 25th to the last date of the month due to my change of payment date. The call centre who helped me changed it and never provided me any information of change means also cost. To my surprise, on the 28th August 2019, my account was disconnected and was informed was due to not paying called in 3 times on the day speaking to the call centre to state the following issue. First time I called in was on the call for 16 minutes, the second time was on the call for 9 minutes and the last time the call was for 22 minutes. These calls weren't free and you would call and speak to the agent afterwards you be informed that you are directed to a manager and wait on the line until it drops before you attempt to call again. On the last call on the 28 August, 2019 spoke to Yraily who stated to me that she understands the matter however the employee who changed my date of payment should have informed me on the pro-rata of R114.00 and apologise but was still expected to make the payment. Which I rejected to pay as the communication should I have been done upfront, she logged the case and escalated to the matter to finance which I was informed I would be communicated within 48 hours. The account was activated again. Today on the 30 August 2019 my account was again disconnected. Called in and found the call centre Nhlanhla and she said she would escalate the matter to a manager and I should hold on the phone and wait on the phone for 25 minutes before the call dropped, called in again spoke to Pelo same thing happed waited for 9 minutes before the call was dropped my last attempted called in and spoke to TK and asked to be directed to a manager waited for 3 minutes before I spoke to Jade the manager. To my surprise now with Jane I was informed that I am now owing R 101.48 of the shortage of payment try to explain to her why is it that I keep getting added cost by MultiChoice and she never wanted to listen but kept telling me the policy. How does an organisation have a policy that doesn't speak to the training? She kept raising her voice more and more when I speaking like she was annoyed and fighting. I even asked her for the details for MultiChoice Ombudsmen she stated I should hold and she was going to get them after 3 minutes she returns to the call and tells me she does not have them I should log in to multichoice to get the details. I again questioned her and asked what are the process and procedures of MultiChoice on gathering the details of Ombudsmen as the platform I called should be assisted with the information kept referring me to the website rudely. I will again question the training and lack of customer communication of MultiChoice if be she knew she never had the details why she made me wait on the line for 3 minutes just to tell me to go to the website wasting more time of 17 minutes 15 seconds. I asked her to send me the statement now of the R101.48 I been informed I owe still after 40 minutes no statement has been received even after speaking to her.

Wednesday I was informed I owe R 513.35 question it and escalated the matter through the call centre today I received an SMS stated I now owe R563.35 informed an increase by R50.00 from nowhere. I have lost on airtime over R 230.00 due to the lack of information and lack of training done in MultiChoice on top of that I am been charged R563.35 with no details of why.

MultiChoice PLEASE give us value for our money and if you wish to speak on policy train your employees first to speak on procedures.

Warm regards,

2069

N
8:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Waiting times on hold are ridiculous I spent over R150 airtime just to be on hold for 20 minutes that unacceptable and then when you get to speak to someone they refer you to someone else. I tried calling them to settle my arrears cause I'm buying a house and more than a year ago I decided I didn't need the dstv so it cut off and I left it off with out any...

A
5:28 am

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - billing feedback

I have a problem with my Multichoice Acc i have already lodged a complaint and got a call back from a friendly lady, however she confirmed that she will send me a confirmation email and needless to say i still have not received that email since i spoke to her on Tuesday ! I am being billed and i am not using my DSTV for months now!
I want to reconnect but how on earth does a person do that if you get no feedback ! please assist

1:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have made it abundantly clear that my DStv has been disconnect after my payment went though 4 days before month end. Still not reconnected. I have wasted my money and time on the phone trying to resolve this to no avail. I have requested to send proof of payment but what a waste. Your customer service are so arrogant that they just put your phone down...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV contacts