MTN South Africacustomer service and scams

B Review updated:

Mtn south africa are hopeless
I have written 3 emails to them about what I see as a mtn scam
The last email to [protected]@mtn.Co. Za was deleted by a charles mo without even been read
Its actually disgusting and I am now moving to vodacom

• G
      Nov 27, 2009

On the 24/11/09 I had 775.65 mb of 1gb at 9.30am .The very next day there was o mb left, and I did not even used the internet. From one mtn shop to the next (6 IN TOTAL) even the one in pavilion.And quest what nobody can help me. There excuse, sorry we don't have the access code.One on the bluff (Durban) send me to the Pavillion.I renewed my contract 4 times but I can assure you it was the last.So much for customer services .

• I
      Jun 24, 2011

Goeie dag

In die begin van Junie 2011 het ek in die Taalgenoot van die kontrak Top up 50 vir R19 per maand gelees.Ek het MTN gebel (die nr op die advertensie) met die man gepraat en gese ek stel belang in 2 kontrakte vir my kinders.Hy het my besonderhede geneem en gese dat iemand my sal kontak.Daar het 'n dame my gebel en gese dat hulle nogsteeds besig is met my versoek.Maar 3 weke later het ek nog geen kontrak of oproep gekry van enigiemand van MTN.Ek is baie ontevrede want vandat ek 'n kontrak het, is ek MTN.
    Is dit die diens wat 'n mens kry as jy kontrakte wil uitneem, as dit is sal ek eerder na Vodacom toe gaan.

Ek vertrou dat ek nou van MTN sal hoor.

Mev Ina Peens - [protected]

• L
      Nov 18, 2011

My cell contract with them was due for an upgrade and after all attempt to get a "white pearl" BB Bold 9780 at the branches in the Vaaltriangle they reverred me to the 808 call centre and upgrade over the phone. I've contacted them on the 11.11.2011 to upgrade my contract and they lady informed me that I will get my BB within 5 working days. (My call ref no 8073 8155). I've contacted the 808 number yesteday 18.11.2011 around lunch time to follow up on my phone and when I will get delivery because it is over 5 days and a lady Kgomotoso informed me that she could not get hold of the RDT (delivery department) so she can't tell me on where my phone is or when I can expect delivery but she will phone me back. Tipical of MTN, they DID NOT!!! So, I phoned back to 808 on the 18.11.11 at 10:32 to find out again on what is happening with my phone (AND TAKE NOTE, MY CONTRACT HAVE BEEN UPGRADED AND IS COSTING ME MORE BUT I'M STILL SITTING WITH MY NOKIA, NOT MY BLACK BERRY!!!) and Josef assisted me also trying to find out from the RDT department but still they did not answer. He told me that he will phone me back and I said to him that he better! Luckily he phoned me back but still telling me that he can't get hold of them so he don't know what is happening with my phone or the delivery!! SHOCKING TO SAY THE LEAST!!! I'm so furious as I'm sitting here that I can scream and will definetly spread the word of the terrible customer service I'm getting from MTN!!! They have the cheek to upgrade your account, charge hou higher tariff and monthly fee but not delivering the phone. Sad, I'm sticking to my part of the deal in upgrading, but now MTN is not sticking to their part of delivery!!! Not even the branches in the Vaaltriangle can be of assistance to me. MTN can take my contract and stuff it!!

• L
      Oct 01, 2019

I am complaining for the poor service which I got from MTN, the day I got my phone again I paid my contract but they didn't give me what belongs to me(AIRTIME AND DATTA) last month (September ). poor service of the MTN OTTERY (CAPE TOWN), and I was told that it is franchised but it is really killing the MTN reputation, they are ignoring my calls even now. can MTN take this matter serious please ASAP.