Having problems with Motel 6?

Motel 6 reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 2, 2007. The latest review Air Conditioning was posted on Jun 19, 2021. The latest complaint poor service was resolved on Oct 13, 2019. Motel 6 has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 936 reviews. Motel 6 has resolved 32 complaints.

Motel 6 Customer Service Contacts

4001 International Parkway
Carrollton, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Motel 6 Customer Service. Initial Motel 6 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Motel 6 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Motel 6. Discuss the issues you have had with Motel 6 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Motel 6 Complaints & Reviews

Motel 6bed bugs in motel 6

Bed bugs that i found in my bed on January 1st when i woke up that i had been bitten by an i told the office an i askd for a refund an they gave me hassle about the situation i want my refund because that is unacceptable i should be able to get a room an be able to enjoy my stay if i am payn my money for it the person in the office even called the police on me...

Motel 6motel room in denton, texas.

On December 26th, 2017 we stopped at the Motel 6 on I-35 in Denton, Texas. After we went to sleep I was awakened by feeling something crawling on my left hand. I then realized I had been bitten by a bed bug on my left thumb. When we got up on the morning of December 27th my girlfriend noticed that her left hand was itching badly and she too had been bitten in four places on her hand. When I went to the front desk to return the keys I informed the person on duty what had happened. He said he was sorry that we got bit but I was left with the impression that he really wasn't very concerned with my complaint. I don't feel that we should have had to pay for a room where we were bitten by bed bugs. My future patronage of Motel 6 will depend on your response to this complaint.

Motel 6 — unethical behaviour/ uncaring

I rent a room at motel 6 in Roosevelt Minnesota booked it on line and it was suppose to be 54 I got charged...

Motel 6 — motel 6 on skipper rd.in emporia, va.

If this is an example of your motels then I promise to never use your franchises ever again anywhere. I will...

Motel 6service

I had to dig in the trash to get receipts in order to prove I paid for my wifi. Their front desk support is unprofessional and needs more training. The staff member jacob appear as if he did not know what the hell he was doing. He was not sympathetic at all. He completely messed up my experience from the beginning and at the end. I also did not receive my receipt so I don't know if they overcharged me or not.

Motel 6bugs and flees ate me alive

I'm staying at the motel 6 in north meddled and checked in. I took a 2 hour nap and woke up with 20 bug bites. I feel as though I need highly compensated for being eaten alive. 2 weeks free room or something. I reported it to corporate. Hopefully I hear something soon. I really like these motels but if I don't get help soon I will be forced to get sold of the health board.

bugs and flees ate me alive

Motel 6 Pigeon Forgethe staff was rude

The staff was rude and my mother tried to pay for our room until thursday and they told me the night before that bit was taken care of. Come to find out they never did and said we were bullying them. Ha!!! Then they told us we had to leave the property. It was supposed to be taken care of band they rented our room our from underneath us. This is the one in convention center drive.

Motel 6emergency customer service

On 12-14-2017 @ 12:00 PM my daughter and I smelled something that smelt somewhat like acetone coming from a hole in the wall where there are wires exposed and that looks like it used to be a power source and was never properly closed off. I called the front desk and was told they would send someone up right away. I had to leave at 1320 to get my daughter from school and finally had to tell the front desk they would have to wait until I got back to look at it bc of our dog. I got back at 1425 and let the front desk know and he said he was sorry that they were super busy and he'd make sure they would come right away. It is now 1555 and still nothing. If it wasn't something that has the possibility to be dangerous I wouldn't be so concerned but I have a wife and two young daughters staying in the room and they treat it like I asked them to come change the bedding or something. This is absolutely ridiculous and since I pay you daily to be here I expect to have a safe room and efficient staff that takes care of us during our stay. I want to know What will be done to compensate us for the seriously horrid customer service and lack of professionalism? You can contact me directly at [protected] or at your Motel 6 in Simi Valley room 208.
            SFC Michael Johnston

emergency customer service

Motel 6 (Bernallio NM)quality, customer service, cleanliness - general manager

What a dump with horrible customer service! Heater not working in one room requested another after being told i'd have to pay for another room and front desk clerk calling us a punk. Get up to the second room and there is urine in the toilet and a bar of soap left in the shower with genital hair on it, dirty clothes on the floor. went down to front desk telling them we wanted the room refunded that we would not be staying in a filthy room and was told to wait for the manager. Following day reached out to manager and she had no compassion for our situation and is now dodging calls while we are trying to get our refund on all the rooms we paid for (5 rooms total). Don't bother calling the "corporate" number they give you because its privately owned and they will not do anything for you. The manager Fran walked out the door while we were complaining about the rooms and didn't return to resolve the issue. Full refund was not issued that was promised by Motel 6 corporate. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE!

Motel 6 — how rude and no compassion when it comes to your pets

My husband, me along with our chiweenie chico, were staying at one of your hotel 6 in palm springs we...

Motel 6filthy dingy small outdated room

12-4-17 went to motel 6 to get a room. went to the room it was very small, dark and dirty. The furniture appeared to be a minimum of 30 years old. Unbelievable that this place is still in business. I could not get out of the room soon enough.Better get my full refund, we were in the room about a minute. I could not believe it's condition when I walked in the door. If the other rooms look anything like this, which I'm sure they do, this place needs to be shut down. I can't believe anyone would stay there.

Motel 6poor customer service and full refund not received

December 3, 2017
                  I made a reservation and paid online at an approximate time of between 1230am-1am for the location in Glendale, WI. When I arrived there in between the time mentioned above the check in clerk mentioned she did not see my reservation. I informed the clerk that I just made the reservation moments ago and she was not sure why it was not showing in the system therefore I paid a higher price than what I initially thought I paid online. On Monday, December 4, 2017 I saw that I was charged $51.78 and $62.14 for the stay. On December 5, 2017 I contacted the location and was told by Marie that I could receive the refund for the $51.78 because the other was showing as a no show amount, which was incorrect because I did show. Disappointed by the rude customer service including Marie telling me there was not manager available nor did she know when one would be there, she transferred me to guest relations. I spoke with Andy in guest relations who defended why they made the decision to only refund the $51.78 instead of refunding me the $62.14 as I requested. They both agreed that I was not a no show but the way their system is set up is why I would receive the refund as it was. I requested Marie not refund the $51.78 until I spoke with someone in guest services to only find out she refunded the amount any way. I'm very disappointed in the customer serviced received not only because I didn't get what I requested but because both reps assumed I would or should know what their internal process was in making a reservation and end up paying a higher rate. What should've happened was that the rep should've known the internal process, cancel the incorrect reservation and processed the new reservation which is not what happened.

Motel 6room condition

I checked into the motel 6 located in Barstow, CA. Upon entering the room it was a bit dirty, although the bed was made. I went to put some perishables into the refrigerator, and upon opening I discovered it was fairly dirty with a half can of spam in it. Apparently the previous people were renting weekly or monthly and possibly feeding a pet. I was too tired after driving all day to make a stink and ask for another room, and just ended up going to sleep. I woke up in the morning and went to use the bathroom and discovered there was no toilet paper on the spool, and it appeared the bathroom had not been cleaned. I frequent motel 6's and have stayed at them dozens of times as I travel a lot. I will avoid all motel 6 properties in the future from now on, due to this (and other slightly less) unpleasant experience.

Motel 6cockroach problem, and they know it...

During the first night of our stay, around 1:30 am, I went to the bathroom and found a huge cockroach.

I killed the cockroach, took a picture, and then called the front desk of the motel to speak with the night audit, (front desk clerk).

The lady who answered the front desk phone stated and I quote;
                      ("the roaches come from the back because its cold outside and warm inside. Doesnt matter which room you get, they will still be there.")

She then said I will have to wait til the morning for anything to happend. So now me and my girlfriend have to stay in a cockroach infested room of a motel where the owner clearly knows they have a bug problem.

cockroach problem, and they know it...
                      cockroach problem, and they know it...

Motel 6 — not getting a full refund

There were bed bugs in the room just discovered in the room and I get offered 1 Free night stay I do not want...

Motel 6the room had used needles, socks and a sticker on the wall that came off of someones pants

December 2, 2017 I was at the Motel 6, 7474 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43235. I reserved room 520. I arrived at 5:15pm and left at 10:26pm. The reason I left was, because their were used needles on the back part of the mattress. One had some blood on it. Also I noticed someone socks were left and a sticker on the wall that was on someone's pants. Once I saw the needle, I was ready to leave. I went down to the front desk and told them what I saw and also showed them pictures. I wanted a refund $62.26, but the front desk would not give me a refund, because I didn't tell them in the first 15 minutes I was there. That should not matter, I didn't find it until around 10:00pm when I tried to push the mattress closer to the wall so the pillows would not continue to slide down the backboard. That is when I saw the needles. I will never go to another Motel 6, not because of that, but because of the lousy excuse they gave me for not giving me my money back in a dirty room. Also the bed spreads were really soiled.

Motel 6sanitary issues

Hello I dislike I have to do this but I feel I need to because its health risks, I stayed at motel 6 nov17. I booked a regular single bed room but changed over to a jacuzzi room. The first room had feces on sheets and hair and bathtub wAS very very dirty I began to clean it. But we saw they had jacuzzi room so we paid difference and moved over, ununfortunately it wAS very very dirty I cleaned bathtub plus jacuzzi, and we never get to use it we was to tired from traveling . we hardly got any sort if rest cause we was in bottom floor and people proceeded to knock on our window all throuvht the numivht asking, g fir guests that sysyed in room pryor to us, we wAS extremely tired the folkiwing day we trued to talk to manager but they did not seem to concerned, so we checked out imneditly. In very disapounted in the santtatin process. They ddon'tuse commercials chemicals all from dollar store, strong chemicals is a must being its motel lits if germs I hope I can get a response This. Us very very bad choices

Motel 6 — service/ accused without proof

Me and my boyfriend rented a room at motel 6. When he got the room, he went into the room to make sure the...

Motel 6promotional emails

I stay at the motel 6 on Lawrenceville hwy Tucker GA alot I get emails for 15% off my stay and I make a reservation from the email and after that initial reservation the 15%is supposed to continue until it ends but it's not what can be done? My email I use for reservation is [protected]@yahoo.com the front desk seem to not know how to resolve this matter.

promotional emails

Motel 6 — motel 6 hesperia, ca

Re: Complaint #1354040 On November 30, 2017, I was informed I had to leave because I booked a smoking room...