Menu
Morrisons Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Morrisons
reviews and complaints

groceries.morrisons.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 592 Reviews

How responsive is Morrisons's customer service?

14 Resolved
575 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Morrisons handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Morrisons and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Morrisons has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Morrisons reviews and complaints 592

Filter reviews by rating
3 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Morrisons reviews and complaints

4:37 am EDT

Morrisons Customer service

I was using the self service tills in the Morrisons on new hythe lane near aylesford at around 09:10 on the morning of Thursday 27th October. The self service checkout i was trying to use was non responsive, so I decided to use another one. An employee (female 60’ish long blond/grey hair)went over to the faulty checkout and said in a condescending tone “what’s wrong with this one then?” I tried to explain that it wasn’t working but she continued being rude to me ,saying “look, it’s fine” even as I was successfully using an alternative checkout. It was a very unpleasant interaction

Desired outcome: Employee receives some customer service training

Read full review of Morrisons and 1 comment
1 comment
jrsa1952
Chester le Street, GB
Nov 10, 2022 4:11 pm EST

What a farce self service check out is at birtley, old people does not know how to use them, The staff have had many complaints about them ,was told it is progress one step forward 10 back,imagine going to one with a full trolley nightmare, nearing xmas the queues will be down the isles for a normal checkout,someone deserves a booby prize for coming up with this idea,the customers are not happy ,some are talking of going elsewhere as we are Aldi here we come,

9:21 am EDT

Morrisons Market street

I am a local resident to Morrisons at Kirkstall, Leeds. Unfortunately this is my nearest supermarket and only because of time restraints, I am forced to use this supermarket. Trust me when I have more time and use other supermarkets whenever possible. I visited Market Street, Roast Chicken section today. I stood at the counter while 2 other members of staff served the Kebab section. No one was serving at the Roast Chicken section. The 2 members of staff were serving 2 separate customers. Once they had served those customers, they moved onto the next 2 which had arrived at their section. Meanwhile myself and 2 other customers are still stood waiting to be acknowledged and served. After 10 mins of waiting I had to lean over the counter and asked if anyone was going to serve? I was ignored. 2 ladies came from behind the counters, 1 of them being a manager. I asked them if anyone was serving. The manager said I'll get someone in a minute, I'm busy and walked off. A few mins later of the 2 women came back and served. The manager put her phone by the lady serving me, and walked off. No apology. She then came back and said (without looking at me) Ive given you 20% off, and walked away.

The level of customer service shown by the manager is far below and expected standard in such a large brand, and particularly in a very customer faceing role. Why are 2 members of staff serving in the same area and ignoring other customers. Why isn't there at least 1 member of staff for each section (I'm guessing staff costs). So why isn't there 1 queue for the whole of Market Street. That way customers would be served quickly and efficiently. Not left stood at an empty counter being ignored. This isn't my first complaint about staff at Market Street.

I would like to clarify that my issue isn't with John or the lady supervisor, both of which have dealt with the situation in a professional manor.

My issue is with the manager, the system and the fact that a total of 3 members of staff ignored customers.

In order for Market Street to continue and grow, staffing levels need to be addressed. Customer service training needs to be quickly improved. Staff need to be aware and acknowledge that customers are stood at different sections waiting to be served. I'd rather be asked 5 times if I'm being served, than being ignored by staff. The manager of this section needs to be assessed too. The can't grow and improve the section if their leadership skills are lacking. The way the manager dealt with the situation was again far below acceptable.

I hope these issues are dealt with for the sake of Market Street.

What is interesting is to see the amount of people using this section of the supermarket have dramatically dropped since it first opened...Perhaps Morrisons need to ask why?

7:30 am EDT

Morrisons Cafe

Hi I visited the cafe at Morrisons Coventry today with my 3 children. The details of my complaint are -

No cups for my coffee with a queue waiting for a cup, then no milk in the machine

No forks when time to eat, had to wait again

2 of my children ordered pizza to be told their was no thin crusts and they only had thick, when came out was not good quality and they didn’t eat even one slice and said tasted funny and not worth the cost.

I asked if my fried bread could be changed to toast as I wasn’t offered but was told no unless extra cost

There was no ketchup either

So to end I paid £40 and 2 of the children couldn’t eat their dinner and the rest as written was just disappointing so I will not be eating there again

My email is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Refund or voucher

L
12:10 pm EDT

Morrisons Staff

I visited the Morrisons store today in Stirchley Birmingham approximately just after 4pm,as i approached the self service counter i realised i did not have enough money in my account to pay in full and would have to divide the payment using card and cash

The red light showed for assistance needed, the lady that came to help asked what was wrong, i explained i had to split the bill she reset the system but asked me rather loudly " Can't you just pay it all on your card"

I asked her " could you not embarrass me please " as there was a queue behind me

She walked away and said nothing, i spoke to a manager and made him aware, " I'll address it" he however did have the decency to look embarrassed

Apologie ?

Everyone is aware that most are struggling financially at the moment, perhaps your staff could be aswell, this was unnecessarily embarrassing and an apology should be courtesy not something that needs reminding of ,i left the store crying with embarrassment

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response please, i found this really upsetting

9:40 am EDT

Morrisons Cafe food

22/10/22

We arrived at Morrisons cafe at 13.30 ordered £54.04 worth of food and drink for our family. At 14.26 they then came out with our avacado on toast but without the egg, took it back in and then informed us there was no poached egg, so replaced with scrambled…they brought it back out the scrambled egg was a dodgy colour and the. Gave us scampi and chips (we’d didn’t order so sent it back) we were still waiting on 3 small breakfast and some extras. Brought out 2 breakfasts and said that everything, explained we had more so they went back brought us a small breakfast out AGAIn no eggs at all on plate but by this point everyone just wanted to leave, kids started eating there breakfast to find there pot of beans had a combination of beans and peas. Safe to say for £54 I’m more than dissapoimted what a waste of money.

Name: Amy stewart

Emails: [protected]@icloud.com

4:37 pm EDT

Morrisons Delivery of groceries

On the 20/10/22 i went on line to book my shopping as im disabled and cant do it myself. I payed £69.00 and delivery cost of £4.75 to have a delivery for 21/10/22 between the hours 20.30 and 21.30pm this beeing a friday evening, i hadnt eaten really all day as i ran out of milk Simon the delivery driver called me at 21.20 and said he cant delivery as he was running late. And it would be to late now. I wouldnt mind but he didnt really try to deliver at all. ive got no milk or bread till tomorrow now and i didnt expect this at all its a disgrace and it looks bad on morrisions very disappointed with you as a company.

Desired outcome: NO FOOD

G
2:54 pm EDT

Morrisons loughboroughmorrisons

I have been trying to get the hedge cut between my house 40 herriot way and morrisons for 5years . on july 19 there was a fire and they still havnt cut the hedge and removed the debris. the hedge was cut every year under safeway The estate manager WAS IN FORMED and nothing gets done.I was infoormed weeks before the fire from the manager that head office was refusing to spend money cutting hedges the fire could have been alot worse burning cars and people it has cost me over£1000 and cost morrisons nothing so far

Desired outcome: to cut hedge and remove debris before there is another fire

T
9:02 am EDT

Morrisons Vouchers

I am in receipt of 2 vouchers both to be used before 23 Oct ..I made an order for delivery 20th Oct and used the voucher for £10 off if a £60 spend the other voucher was for £1.50 if I ordered fruit …which I do regularly…I tried to apply the 2nd voucher for you to say voucher already in the basket…so I either have to order again within 3 days or I lose the voucher which I must say is in bad taste as Sainsburys allow more than 1 voucher…being an 80 year old widow and the cost of living rise I need all the perks that are available…shame on you Morrisons

Barbara Shulver

Desired outcome: Voucher allowed VOU4962238

T
8:40 am EDT

Morrisons Chicken caesar wrap

Purchased my lunch from Morrisons daily in bawdeswell (which I do probably two-three times a week).

The wrap I purchased had so little filling in one side, I felt compelled to write to you. Such a poor quality product. One side of the wrap was fine and has some chicken and dressing in it, the other half just had a tiny piece of bacon and nothing else.

Desired outcome: Full refund for meal deal

X
9:04 am EDT

Morrisons Till opening times on Sunday

I visited your edgbaston store on hagley road edgbaston this morning I arrived at 9:22am and was told the shop didn't open till 9:30am despite it saying 10am on the sign at entrance I waited collected my 3 items and went to pay at 9:35am to be told that the tills don't open till 10am leaving me stuck in store for another 25mins waiting to pay and leave absolutely stupid why open the door if u can't pay once your finished? I only live across the road there is no signs nothing about these matters and I pass every day how are you supposed to know? I only wanted some breakfast stuff who does a big shop at 9:30am on a Sunday NOBODY IN MY QUE.

Desired outcome: Either advertise or don't open till all up and running this is entrapment

M
7:35 am EDT

Morrisons ongoing complaint REF: ##6623079##

on the 18th sept i cancelled my shopping order. it stated pending the following day so i called customer service. was reassured it was cancelled. a few days pass i get notification from my bank that repeated attempts from Morrisons had be declined for the sum of 91.20 . i make several calls to resolve this i have emails stating this is resolved as it was a error on the computer stating that this delivery had happened. was investigated and an apology email was received with voucher as way of apology. i had to freeze my bank account during this period as i couldn't afford for payment for shopping id not had. this caused problems i made contact stating that i couldn't use my bank until these repeated attempts had stopped i would shortly run out of electric and had no way to to[p up my phone or electricity or have access to internet if this didn't stop. all the while needing food shopping and it was getting urgent i have this resolved i broke down on the phone im severally disabled partially paralyzed and rely solely on online grocery and other necessities. once again was given reassurance it was in hand i would be emailed promptly as the person i spoke to was going to approach her supervisor and explain the urgency, once more i was informed that it was under investigation. i received email stating sorry for the time taken to resolve and a apology. then i unfreeze my bank and attempt to get much need food shopping only to be told there was a suspension on my account i phoned and explained the entire situation and its urgency .i also expressed i was desperate for food today and surly if the person i was speaking with couldn't assist could i speak with anyone that may be able to help please. i was told the only thing she could do in order to lift the suspension was send a email and id have to wait for a response which cud take 2 to 7 days i expressed this really wasn't expectable seeing as it wasn't my error and seeing as i can't get any help no matter what i do then i would be seeking legal advice as im left without food and shortly will have no way to tend to all my necessities .within minutes i receive notification that Morrison's had taken the money from my account and payment received .i then had emails from dept recovery asking for the same sum of money to which i replied and explained . i was assured i would receive a full refund on three occasions and all had a apology attached to them . also vouchers in addition to apology and inconvenience caused. on going emails stating they understood the destress caused but i would still have to wait . understood that the situation was distressing for me and all was being done to resolve. i have written over 60 emails and 32 calls trying to rectify something that wasn't my error. there are occasions where i explode and do get angry as the situation left myself no way to feed myself or look after my poor dog . the money was refunded then ten seconds later taken again from my account . for the 3rd time . alot more since but still no resolve . i have all emails . as proof . im tired of the whole situation i have been left with no way to look after myself or dog with no phone no internet no elec or heat and no way of getting help . by a company that state the care about the vulnerable customers. I am looking to seek legal advice as i cant get any help from the exhausting effort i have given . also the unacceptable way i have been treated throughout this despite my plees and even braking down and begging for help . its utterly appalling. i have even been prevented from getting food elsewhere as you have taken my money for grocery i have not even had . i have given reference as i do not no how to forward emails . the order in question and other refs i have had are as follows . ##6625369## ##6638208## ##6627323## ##6627323## ##6623079##

theres so many i cant get them all ,..i hope this will be enough for you to see all my efforts in getting a resolve . if not then i will give you further details by phone .and you can seek them yourself from your side . i aqm just to unwell and its all i can do from passing out at this moment .

Desired outcome: all money refunded .i will leave the compensation to Morrisons to evaluate the worth of my destress. some priority and urgency given to this situation before i end up in hospital please. written apology

L
10:34 am EDT

Morrisons Delivery driver

I would like to complain about the manner of driving from the driver of YF21 LGW on 10:10/22 at approx 15:20 of the Weymouth branch. I believe these vans are speed monitored? The driver decided to ‘race me’ and completely cut me up on a roundabout and also tailgate the vehicle in front of him. This is not acceptable behaviour for a professional driver.

Desired outcome: Retraining of driving a company vehicle and road manner.

5:23 am EDT

Morrisons Air conditioning in the Worthing West Sussex store

The air conditioning in the worthing store is way too high it is my local shop and I’m considering shopping elsewhere due to being unable to stay in the shop long enough to do my weekly shopping because of it being so cold I have also stopped going into the cafe section because I don’t like drinking cold tea or eating cold food because the air conditioning is so high especially in winter. it is not a comfortable cool even in the summer it was too cold I was unable to walk around the store in normal summer clothes ! Ridiculous temperatures all through the store at times I just leave because by the time I get halfway through the store I’m so cold I can’t actually remember what I’m shopping for

Desired outcome: Turn off the air con in autumn winter and stop it being so cold in summer !!!! There is no need for how cold it is being set too !

6:28 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons The lady who was supervising the self serve tills at morrisons wakefield the ridings

I shop at Morrisons every Friday

I had a e gift from one from the government to help with the cost of living

My voucher was for 50 pound my bill was 57

In this was a bottle of wine

The women refused to put the wine on my shop

Even tho I was paying 7 pound in cash

She spoke to me like I was a idiot amd loudly said the government give you it to help with food

I tried to explain to her I was paying some cash too

She carried on talking to me like I was a fool I came home amd cried of ebbarassment amd anger…. I then read the terms amd conditions on Morrisons website amd found out this is not true

The only thing you can not buy is e-gifts amd lottery

I was soo annoyed I had to walk away

But this is not rxceptable behaviour

She was a jobsworth and wasn’t even correct

Desired outcome: I want a written apology amd a voucher for a shop

4:43 am EDT

Morrisons Service at the bread counter in Newark branch

I’ve been going to the bread counter to buy bread and they pick the bread with their bare hands. Today I asked if they could wear gloves before picking up the bread for me and the gentlemen said they wash their hands regularly. I mentioned that I had seen him rubbing his nose just before he picked up the bread and I asked that he still wear gloves. He went to the back and returned to say that the shop did not have any gloves. I was very surprised and disturbed by this as this is a season that cleanliness is paramount. I and surprised that a shop of this calibre will pick up a food food item for a customer without gloves a boldly say that they have no gloves. I would like this to be rectified as I left without buying the bread.

Desired outcome: Gloves used when giving out bread

6:43 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Non-receipt of 'promotional voucher'

We participated in Morrisons 'Summer Promotion' (basically spend x for 4 weeks in 6 and receive a voucher). We participated and on 31 August (please note date) 'My Morrisons' account stated we had qualified and would receive the voucher by 30 August (please note date).

I contacted Morrisons by e-mail on 2 September & received an acknowledgement "we'll reply in 5-7 days" also one stating " a member of our CS team will contact you

I sent a further e-mail on 9 Sept' & rec' a reply " we are experiencing problems and the date will be extended" I replied that this was ' of little help'

I subsequently wrote (old style letter!) to David Potts CEO, but have not rec' so much as an acknowledgement. I have received nothing from Morrisons since 9 Sept referred to above.

Desired outcome: 1. The missing voucher2. An apology for that & the appalling Customer Service3. (Modest) goodwill gesture for time spent on this, inconvenience & stress

9:56 am EDT

Morrisons Staff attitude disgusting

We often visit Morrisons weekly to do a weekly shop,

Today my mother and myself visited the Abergavenny branch to do a shop which a weekly spend to be over £100.00

We

Decided to eat (as we normally do) and the lady who was behind the counter “ BECKY “ had the most rude and quite frankly disgusting attitude

I have worked in customer service for many many years and honestly this lady should “ NOT “ be customer facing

E
7:56 am EDT

Morrisons Meat roast

Hi there.

We’ve been shopping at Morrisons for three years. We absolutely love the shop.

But twice now we have bought roasts that we cannot get our teeth through.

We bought two roasts ( cut from the same piece of meat)

For a luncheon for 10 people.

We couldn’t eat it . It seems to be gristly. You cant see it. But it will pull your false teeth out if you had em.

Luckily we don’t yet .

Ive tried to upload the photos but it wont allow me to. We have the meat in our fridge if you need to test .

Desired outcome: 2 roasts that we could get our teeth through or a gift voucher for the amount spent

P
9:46 am EDT

Morrisons 5% mincemeat

Having over the last few weeks l have been weighing my mince beef, which come in 250g_500g contained the 250g are 240g the container is 18g so what as happen to the other 2g it is the same with the 500g. According to consumers rights

You are not supposed to charge for the packageing.

I would not normally complain but the way prices are going up l thought l should.

Desired outcome: I would like a response pleas by email.[protected]@btinternet.com

2:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Morrisons Stirchley Store (Hazelwell Street)

Not having any reasonably priced bags for life or other reusable bags available, so instead only putting out string bags with a very small capacity leaving customers buying four or five for even a basket sized shop because they simply don’t hold anywhere near as much as the paper or plastic ones.

Having stores needing bags “ordered” rather than just over stocking them, especially during a cost of living crisis where every penny counts and those string bags costing more than double the paper ones is absolutely ludicrous. Shameful behaviour by the store or company as a whole, or is it just incredibly poor management?

And the manager at the store’s response “were you not offered a cardboard box?” What use is that to me when ive multiple bags worth of shopping? I don’t drive and I was on my own, but even if I did drive how would i carry multiple boxes to a vehicle at one?

Ridiculous.

Desired outcome: Refund of bags, increased stock levels of affordable reusable bags in all stores, acknowledgement of ridiculous offer of cardboard boxes.

Morrisons In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Morrisons is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the desired products. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search options, ensuring a smooth user experience.

Product Range and Availability: Morrisons offers a wide range of products, including fresh produce, groceries, household items, and more. The availability of products is generally good, with most items in stock and ready for purchase.

Pricing and Value for Money: Morrisons provides competitive prices and offers good value for money. The prices are often lower compared to other supermarkets, and the quality of the products justifies the cost.

Delivery Options and Efficiency: Morrisons offers various delivery options, including home delivery and click and collect. The delivery service is efficient, with prompt and reliable delivery times. The website also provides real-time tracking of orders.

Customer Service and Support: Morrisons has excellent customer service and support. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist with any queries or concerns. They provide prompt responses and strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Quality and Freshness of Products: Morrisons maintains high standards of quality and freshness for its products. The fresh produce is of excellent quality, and the packaged goods are well within their expiration dates.

Loyalty Programs and Promotions: Morrisons offers a loyalty program that provides exclusive discounts and rewards to its members. They also regularly run promotions and special offers, allowing customers to save money on their purchases.

Sustainability and Ethical Practices: Morrisons is committed to sustainability and ethical practices. They source their products responsibly, support local suppliers, and have initiatives in place to reduce waste and carbon footprint.

Online Ordering Process: The online ordering process at Morrisons is straightforward and hassle-free. The website provides clear instructions, and the checkout process is quick and secure. Customers can easily customize their orders and select delivery or collection options.

Returns and Refunds Policy: Morrisons has a fair returns and refunds policy. If there are any issues with the products, they offer hassle-free returns and provide refunds or replacements promptly.

Overall Shopping Experience: Shopping at Morrisons is a pleasant experience overall. The website is user-friendly, the product range is extensive, and the prices are competitive. The efficient delivery service and excellent customer support further enhance the overall shopping experience.

Comparison with Competitors: Morrisons stands out from its competitors with its competitive pricing, wide product range, and excellent customer service. It offers a strong alternative to other supermarkets, providing a satisfying shopping experience.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Morrisons has received positive customer reviews and ratings. Customers appreciate the quality of products, competitive prices, and efficient service. The overall satisfaction level is high.

Pros and Cons of Shopping at Morrisons: The pros of shopping at Morrisons include competitive prices, a wide product range, excellent customer service, and efficient delivery options. The cons may include occasional out-of-stock items and limited delivery slots during peak times.

Recommendations and Conclusion: I would highly recommend shopping at Morrisons for its user-friendly website, competitive prices, wide product range, and excellent customer service. The overall shopping experience is satisfying, and the quality of products is commendable. Morrisons is a reliable choice for grocery shopping.

How to file a complaint about Morrisons?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary details and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Morrisons. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for groceries at Morrisons" or "Poor customer service at Morrisons bakery."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or branch of Morrisons involved.
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, focusing on the nature of the issue.
  • Any interactions you had with Morrisons employees, including names or descriptions if possible.
  • Details of any transactions, including receipts, product names, and prices.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue with Morrisons, including any communication with their customer service.
  • The company's response or lack thereof.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or distress.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents, such as receipts, photos, or email correspondence, to support your complaint. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Morrisons. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, an apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all the details are correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against Morrisons on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint for any responses or updates. Regularly check your email and ComplaintsBoard.com account for notifications related to your complaint or review.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Morrisons customer service

Phone numbers

+44 345 611 6111 +44 345 322 0000 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Morrisons?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Morrisons Customer Service. Initial Morrisons complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Morrisons above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Morrisons. Discuss the issues you have had with Morrisons and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.