Monroe Mufflerrude racist behavior

M

The check engine light of my car came on while driving towards Niagara Falls. So to ensure that it is not risky to drive the car, I went to the closest Monroe Muffler. I told him that I am a regular customer of Monro Muffler at the branch closer to my house and he could check the details. He refused to service my car and said that you would have to pay me $95 for me to connect my 5000$ machine to your car. Then when I said that it does not take that much to even change oil in my car. All I wanted to know is the error code so I could decide upon driving the car back home. He then went on to ask me what my profession is and that then he mumbled something and then said " You know what.. its my shop .. I don't need to talk to you guys" and went into the repair shop leaving us stranded. I swore never to enter any other Monro Muffler even if I had to throw my car into junk !!

• Md
    mdp Feb 02, 2011

I don't care about the fee not being outrageous. I got the error code from Advanced Auto Parts for no cost. Most of the car shops in my area are ready to do it for no cost. However, there was no reason to ask what I do for a living? Was he going to check my car only if I was the Mayor of Buffalo or something?
    Well it was just the manner in which someone treats you. I could get a machine to check code for $30 from Advanced Auto Parts. No way the cost is justified just to scan the code.

• Br
    BrianBoldinski Feb 02, 2011

They should not hav asked about your way of living. It was racist :( and the code scanner is not a 5000$ machine, even monros !!

• Zo
    Zoila Keplanch Feb 22, 2012

I agree with you, when you enter these parts of NY is like you are now in another dimension . Do not ever use the services of businesses where their conduct is inappropriate . If you feel something is weird, 99% of the time you are right . There are plenty of businesses that want to provide services to everybody with courtesy and professionalism. Business and people like the ones you encountered are overall in our state dinosaurs about to be extinct and forgotten .