Monroe Muffler Brakesscammed, ripped off

I agree with all of these complaints. I took my truck in for an oil change at Monroe Muffler in South Attleboro Mass next to BJ's. The Manager (Mike Donnelly) told me that I needed back brakes. I said really, I just replaced then 20, 000 miles ago. So, I decided to get them replaced. He is the Suppossed Professional. I told him I wanted the old brakes back so I could show my mechanic. My mechanic was on vacation. I asked him before any work was done how much was it going to cost. He quoted a price. When I received the bill it was way over the price quoted. There was actually a fee on there he never mentioned. A $15.00 shop fee. Really! I was told that was for rags and then I asked why he never stated the shop fee. He replied well it is posted in the shop. WHAT AN ###! NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THESE RIP OFF, [censored] BAG, ###S CON MAN COMPANY. I showed the old brakes to my mechanic and he stated I could of gotten another 25, 000 miles on them. The mechanic cracked 1 of the old brakes with a hammer. It is clear as day it was cracked with a hammer. WOW! I also got an oil change there. A week later the oil filter was leaking oil. The [censored] Mechanic did not tighten the oil filter enough. I had to pay my mechanic to tighten it properly and clean up the excess oil. IF YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF - GO TO MONROE. IF YOU DON'T TRY TO FIND A HONEST MECHANIC! I found out later the manager (Mike Donnelly) was promoted to another Monroe. WOW! RIPPED OFF ENOUGH PEOPLE AND THEN TIME TO RUN! MONROE MUFFLER SUCKS!

• Te
    Terryz7 Sep 13, 2012

Monro muffler are the biggest rip offs around, they do i not even qualify for the BBB..

• Sc
    SCAMMED SCAMMED Sep 02, 2011

Wow, you never been scammed or screwed over before! Yes my fault for believing a certified mechanic. This transaction was under false pretense.