Mitchum DeodorantI do not recommend this product!

M

Why isn't this on the news and taken off the shelves?? I too am another loyal LAB RAT consumer of Mitchum Deodorant and have been using it for 20 years. Purchased a new bottle of roll on, and after use, my armpits were painfully, swollen to the point they apppeared to have puckered, It felt like a the sting of a 1000 scorpions and looked like someone took a belt sander to my underarms! This is by far the most pain I have felt. I couldn't take my bra or shirt off by myself it was that bad. My panicing made me sweat which made it even worse. This is no laughing matter. Took a bath in an attempt to neutralize the swelling, it only helped while I was in the water. After a bath, I rsearched the ingredients, Wikipedia notes: Mitchum is a brand of antiperspirant-deodorant, launched in 1970 by Revlon. It is widely known for its marketing slogan, "So effective you can skip a day".

The gel version of their product used to contain 20% of the anti-perspirant Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly. The formula has since been changed to Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate, and the slogan "So effective you could skip a day" has been dropped.

Slogan should read, the pain is so bad, you wish your arms would fall off!

Next I looked up: Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate. Adverse side effects, toxic elements, alzheimer's, cancer, renal warning. Ok enough for me, I'll rub raw onions under my arms before I use this product again. If I lived in NY, I'd stand outside REVLON OFFICE and show the world my rashy pits!

I do not recommend this product!

• Ju
    Julianna Taylor-Mulder Sep 06, 2015

I used the Mitchum stick a few years ago with no issues. I tried the roll on recently and I have rashes so bad the skin is coming off! You are not alone!

• Je
    Jeanni Bajenski Jul 13, 2017

i use Mitchum. after i went thru chemo and radiation...there were no deodorants that worked except for Mitchum. i'd heard eventually there'd be no hair in the armpits and that appears to be the case for me! i use the gel push-up...like it. i am aware aluminum salts is a no-no but heck, after going thru chemo and radiation (16 years ago)...i'm willing to take my chances.

• Er
    Erma Dixon Jul 12, 2018

The roller on the men deodorant doesn't roll which means you don't get the product out of the bottle. I have experienced this about 3 times. The deodorant has served me well for more than 10 years.

ED

• Ha
    hattie65 Jul 15, 2018

I have been using Mitchum roll on deodorant for about 19 years and loved it until now when they changed to new formula, it's useless, I was actually beginning to question whether I had remembered to put it on coming out of the shower everyday as I had a bad odour by midday. Will have to find an alternative now, not happy.
    Why is it when companies change products its never for the better.

• Dr
    [email protected] Oct 07, 2018

This is what happened to me after applying Mitchum deodorant! My armpits where in flamed, very painful, I couldn't even take off my top that's how painful it was!

• Gm
    @gmail.com Dec 14, 2018

I have inflamed arm pits also. A more useful post here would be how to make the pain stop like a solution to clear that awful stuff and next to have the company change the formula again but I will not be the tester.

• St
    Studio500 Jun 02, 2019

My armpits have suddenly started to itch like hell after using a new bottle of Mitchum. I guessed they may have changed the formula and this thread confirms it. Time to switch brands.

• Be
    Beverley Crompton Aug 13, 2019

I purchased The "New" Mitchum for Women Triple Odor Defense 48 Hour Protection UNSCENTED.
    What a load of crap the smell was so bad my bathroom absolutely stunk never mind me. What a waste of my money and of course anyone else that has an allergy to perfume. I cannot stand my own smell...
    I will never buy another Mitchum product again thanks for nothing and for lying on the product

• Be
    Beverley Crompton Aug 13, 2019

already have new mitchum for Women Triple odor defense that is unscented is an outride lie stinks up the bathroom and not to mention me unscented should be just that I paid good money because I have a problem with perfumes Just another way of ripping off the customer because I cannot have this in my house..

• Da
    DallasGA Oct 23, 2019

I recently purchased a two-pack of the Mitchum gel (for men). Within 3 days I broke out in severe hives that itched like crazy. Stopped using and took about a week for the welts to subside. Just using a plain deodorant now. Don't purchase this product!

• Ph
    P Heart Jul 10, 2020

Unscented scented roll on deodorant. I feel like I am being stalked night and day by the foul musty stench of stale perfume this Unscented product, which I used happily for 14 years, now unfortunately reeks of.