Millbrook KennelsEnglish Bulldogs - Bad Breeder!

We purchased our English Bulldog, Maya in May of 2009. When we purchased her, we were told that there is no history of hip displaysia or knee problems. We just spent $1400 on Maya's first luxated patella surgery. Olga told us to wait on the problem (why, so she could tear her ACL), and that she would grow out of it. Olga overbreeds and then lies to people that buy the pups. It is horrible! When we tried to work with her about it, she said that she would only take the pup back. Why? So, she could put her down? Olga needs to STOP breeding English Bulldogs!

More Millbrook Kennels Complaints & Reviews

• Lo
    loveAbully87 Dec 07, 2009

OMG I'm so glad I read this. I was deciding between millbrook kennels and baby bullies down in North Carolina. I was actually just going to check thier site for breedings but couldn't remember the website so I googled it and this popped up. If thats not a sign I dont know what is. I'm sorry about your pup, good luck, and THANK YOU!!

• Mi
    millbrookkennels Dec 25, 2009

I offered a full refund to the buyers in accordance with the sales agreement. They were trying to hit me up for about $3000 in vet bills; I dare you to find a breeder that would offer to pay that. I did not claim to know better than the vets, I simply offered my opinion based on years of experience. I did not lie about anything. Buyers who know very little about my breeding practices and dog health in general should not post comments, they are misleading and dangerous. I would also like to mention that we had about 30 pups last year, out of 5 females, and only one health complaint and unresolved problem, that's not too bad.

Maya's Parents Jan 05, 2010

Olga did offer us a refund, but our concern wasn't about the money. Our concern was about Maya. While we did ask for the cost of the pup back, we were still willing to cover everything else that needed to be done to get Maya back in working order. Trust us, $3, 000 is no where near the cost of what we have put out for our dog (2 MPL sugeries plus months of water therapy). But, we don't care, because our goal is to get the dog better, and we were hoping that would be Millbrook's goal as well. We do apologize for the word "lies", instead, we would like to use the word misleading (especially with a health guarantee). Olga did tell us that she thought Maya's problem was simply a growth spurt, and that two other dogs she has had in her litters experienced the same thing (we have emails from her), yet "grew out of it." Our dog cannot grow out of the 2 MPL surgeries she has had in the past 2 months. We love our dog, and we are trying to provide her with the best, well loved life possible. We can only hope that Olga stops breeding Maya's parents, since patellar luxation is a congenital condition.

Maya's Parents Jan 07, 2010

We should note that the refund would only be granted if we returned the pup, which we were not about to do.

• Da
    daisysmum Jan 20, 2010

I purchased a bully from Olga in 2008. One thing I've learned about this breed is that they are high maintenance and before you buy the breed, do your research! They are known for their health issues! Also, invest in a good health insurance, such as VPI, because regardless of health issues, I hate to break the news to you but your bully is going to grow up a clown and if you think 3, 000 is bad, mine broke her paw after 4 months running around the house and I had to put out 4, 000 for surgery because of her clumsiness. Other than her paw surgery, my bully (who is now a year old) is in perfect health and is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. We are so thankful we found a great bully and agree that when we are ready for our next lil clown, we are going back to Olga!

bullylovers2010 Jan 31, 2010

between my husband & I, we have owned bullies for over 18 years. When I read the complaint, my first thought was, all bullies have hip displaysia or arthritis sometime during their lives, all 9 of ours have!!! I agree, spending a few thousand right off the bat is almost expected for the breed. I had actually just called olga & left a message with her because we are looking for another puppy. I read the comments on millbrook kennels after I called, & I'm still happy that we will be buying a puppy from her! We have 7 year old litter mates at home right now, their names are porkchop & tugboat. Our last bulldog, Grimmy, died last year, she was 14 1/2 years old. She was one of the oldest bullies around!!! We have always had our bullies "till death do us part". We have spent plenty of money over the years on vet bills, but they are worth every penny!

Maya's Parents Feb 03, 2010

We know they are high maintenance. We know that all bullies have some case (whether mild or not) of hip displaysia. We did our research, and we have paid the money (we still do, because Maya may have allergies). So, this is not a buyer is stupid and didn't do their research type of issue. Since we did do our research, we knew the Medial Patellar Luxation is congenital (VPI does not cover that), and pups do not grow out of it (as suggested). We would not change our dog, or our experiences with Maya for a minute. Everyone that meets her, loves her - we love that, and we would do anything for her. Like I said - we don't want someone else going through this (so we posted this), so we hope that Maya's parents are not being bred - or that Olga finds out where in the bloodlines the issue is. We should have thrown caution to the wind when the vet in Dedham asked if this was one of the pups she got from Russia (which we were told her parents were local - we met Simon, whom we were told was Maya's dad and that her mom was in Vermont - but we have picture of her). Anyways, our pup is finally a pup again, thanks to the water therapy we've been taking her to. If you ever have issues with your pups knees - we have a great surgeon and water therapist.

• Wo
    woodstock61 Feb 11, 2010

I have to side with the breeder on this complaint. I do not own bulldogs but I do know their history. Olga offered them a full refund. That is the best that any breeder will do/ or will give you another pup. As a person on the outside looking in, I can clearly see new owners "venting" in public to get the breeder to pay for surgery and the more I read, the less I see a resolution, until the breeders pays. For myself, I have been breeding well over 30 years of another breed of dog and everyone knows, and I mean everyone, knows that the hips and knees are always susceptible to dysplace. That problem is common along with cleaning the underside, underbites, eyes, allergies, bowels and so on. It is the way they were built and now you are crying out loud. You as a dog owner should be ashamed. Either bring the dog back, or pay the vet! You are treating your dog like a used car.

Maya's Parents Feb 12, 2010

In response to the Woodstock: There are many other issues that Maya is experiencing now, that are all congenital. We are not treating our dog like a used car, and have not had any contact with Olga since she told us to return the dog to get the refund. Money is not that important - our dog is our life right now, and we are doing everything we can to make her as happy as possible! We posted this merely because other people have a right to know. And, be "ashamed"... for what? Our dog is blessed with so much love. We have done everything and anything that she has needed. Maya goes to water therapy at least once a week, and our dog has had amazing care while in our hands. So, sorry Woodstock, SHUT UP. We did not ask her to pay for the surgery, because that would have been $2700 - we did ask for a refund, and when she said to give the dog back - we said NO! We love, love, love Maya, and would NEVER put her back in the hands of Millbrook. Back off buddy. If you could have seen our dog limping around in pain, not wanting to walk - I think you would feel very different about the words you are posting. We are not looking to resolve ANYTHING ANYMORE with Olga, and stopped that process in September. To quote what you said: "I do not own bulldogs but I do know their history." If you don't know, then fight your breeder fight with the breeds you know. And, Maya's kneecaps would slide out of place every time she moved, it was incredibly painful to watch. Once again, we are posting this so other people know.

Melissa - I hope your puppy is okay. We know of a great, great, great vet. I am so sorry to hear about your puppy pain. Hang in there!

• Wo
    woodstock61 Feb 12, 2010

Well I am glad I have everyones attention. For myself, I was just passing through the internet when I came across your site. As far as being an expert, wellI have written 4 books on dogs, advised vets on the bulldog breed. I only know of one litter that was whelped without a c/section, and I was there. All 10 pups survived. So I think I can say that I am some kind of expert, as you call me a puppy miller. Like I did not see that one comming EH?
    I think you should both take a seat whil I brush off these darts you just threw.
    I am probably the biggest name in the dog world you will ever meet. I am bigger than life and ma not afraid to meet people head on. Especially, ones who are lost because of purchases that feel were misleading. Well in fact the peopl who will mislead you further will be the vets. I know the best vets in the world and to tell you with the greatest confidence. That if you dog was soo, so, so, sick, then he should have told you to return the dog. But no, sly vets know that it is now the member of the family and is very happy to purchase his next summer home from your debit card. You, it cost me 3.20 to give my dog a 5-way sho and it will cost you 150.00. You are crying to the breeder because you are stuck with the bill saying bad breeder. If you knew how cheeply you could maintain that dog you would shoot the vet. Just the pills alone... So lets go back to the beginning.
    Bulldogs are one of the highest maintance AKC registered breeds on the market today. Hips are rarely checked because that can rarely pass, along with the knees. Cardiac and eyes are also problems. They are not built to survive in todays lifestyle. Did you get pink eye yet...you will. My next door neighbor has one and was paying in excess 3000.00 per year for maintance. I educated her and now ths cost is 900.00. She is going to buy another one.
    High Maintance, just like that Bently or Jag in the drive way. You have to have the money to keep them healthy. Obviously you did not do your reasearch.
    Now, before I start walking away from "cry baby vill" My dogs have a lifetime guarantee. They are the best of the best and anyone who is anyone owns one. I talk to them the same as I am talking to you. And for Pets sake get your next dog from the pound.

• Da
    Dan and Lisa Fuller Feb 13, 2010

Actually Woodstock, our vet did suggest we return the dog, but as I tried to state previously, this dog meant more to us than just a product to be returned. It became a member of our family almost immeadiately. That is one thing I'm sure that because "you are probably the biggest name in the dog world I will ever meet" as you put it, your arrogance will not ever allow you to understand. Perhaps you, and breeders like you, should try to understand the feelings involved when puchasing a dog like this, and maybe standing behind the health of the dogs that you all promise, come from very healthy stock. Unfortunately though, I don't believe in miracles, so I don't expect, except for a select few breeders, that will ever happen.

bulldog-mommy May 12, 2010

I have a pup from the same litter as Maya and luckily, have not had any health issues to this date. I also continue to feed her the same food (Royal Canin), with the same probiotics supplements, as Olga did. I've had dogs my whole life..some mix breed rescues and some full breed pups, including english bulldogs and other bully breeds. With any pure bred dog, you always run a higher risk of health issues - some caused by over breeding and some that just come along with the breed. Any type of breed specific research will show you these health issues and are often present regardless of the quality of the breeder. I wish Maya's parents all the best and thank them for being responsible dog owners.

• St
    stalis23 Jun 12, 2010

My husband bought me a puppy from olga last Feb. We believe she is deaf and had her looked at by 4 vets 3 agreeing. I did not want anything from olga but I did contact her to. let her know and to find out if any other pups had this problem. I did NOT get any kin of response from Olga. Maybe if you read this you will get back to me because now I'm pissed!

Noellelee1023 Jun 14, 2010

I havent purchased a pup from her, but i was very interested in doing so, i emailed her a few times and she was EXTREMELY rude and unwilling to answer my questions, she refused to let me come see the pups unless i was going to buy one. To me thats a sign of a no good breeder. I THEN met another breeder who was MORE then willing to chit chat all day if she had the time about her dogs, and answer all of my 7 billion questions. I got a pup from elsewhere, decided not to go with olga and happened to have her email on file still. I emailed a handful of bulldog people an adorable bulldog email, just some cute photos etc and MOST of them were more then accepting and thought it thoughtful and cute. Olga was rude and wanted to know why i would email her if i wasn't buying a pup. She just seems downright not nice to me, and i wouldn't want to give her a dime and sure as heck wouldn't want to have to deal with her if god forbid something did go wrong with pup i purchased from her, i can only imagine she'd be less then understanding.

• Di
    dirdeedeedz Jun 25, 2010

To the business owner: ErinSandler is an individual who has set out to cause damage to businesses listed on here. Her (or his) sole purpose is to cause damage. I am in discussion with the law firm of Starrs Mihm, LLP to bring extortion and defamation charges against Complaints Board. In that process, we can subpoena records relating to the IP address of "ErinSandler" consequently, this sewer rat will be made public. If you would like to join me, please send an email to [email protected] (designated for this website), and I will have my attorney's contact you. I have the wherewithal and vigor to stop this.

• Em
    emac90 Feb 11, 2011

I too bought a puppy for $2300 in the summer of 2008. We wanted a male puppy and so Olga sent us a picture of the males she had. There was only one white male puppy, so we didn't think twice about going down and picking him up. Olga waivered on the prices of the puppy depending on each one, telling us at first our puppy was $2000 and then claiming $2300. The puppy ended up being FEMALE. What kind of breeder can't tell the sex of a dog?! The puppy was also VERY sick with a communicable disease that it gave to our 10 year old bulldog. He ended up in the doggy ER all weekend resulting in a huge bill. Olga would not pay the bills, but did give us the $300 she jacked up on the puppy price. Our puppy also had a TERRIBLE skin condition, I believe it was puppy mange and has since grown out of it, but it is due to the overbreeding. I absolutely do not reccomend buying from this breeder. She is awful! I will also mention that she sold us the puppy when it was 7 weeks old, and at that time the puppy's mother was not present. This means the puppies were all taken away from their mother before the recommended and sometimes required 8 weeks. Please don't buy from her. She needs to go out of business!! Thanks.

• En
    EnglishBulldog Owner Mar 24, 2011

I too have a Bulldog from Olga at Millbrook Kennels from the same litter as Maya(Feb '09 birth). My Bulldog began experiencing issues with her back leg and ended up needing surgery for luxating Patella before she was six monthes old. 3 different vets rated it as a level/stage 4, which is severe, especially for a 6 month old puppy. The Puppy could barely walk. Olga told us that the mother and father had no hip or leg issues when we purchased the puppy. She also gave me the same terrible advice when I contacted her about my dogs luxating patella, that the puppy will probably grow out of it. She then offered to take the puupy back and give a new one per the agrrement. What kind of dog owner would return a puppy after bonding with it. Olga at this point should have known, seeing now that more then one puppy has the luxating Patella issue, and done something to make it right. I believe that is what a good breeder would have done. My Puppy, like Maya has had many more issues, some common with bulldogs, some common with poor breeding. I am glad I found this site even two years later . MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS BREEDER.

• Zz
    ZZoey Apr 01, 2011

I too have a Bulldog from Olga at Millbrook Kennels from a litter born June/9/08. My Bulldog also went to the vet. three days after we bought her. Puppy had mange, got that all ok and she has a shin condition know called Cannine Flank ans still has it with lost of hair on both of her sides. When we bought her she was to come with AKC papers. My paper works says with in 4-6 weeks. To this day I have never got the papers. Took her to court, I woncourt judgement against Olga for failure to provide AKC paperwork. I did inform AKC Kennel Club, but to this date I think she is still selling her puppies as Reg. As of this date I have not got my papers or my money and if she gets picked up in NH for any little thing (speeding) she has a warrant, I was told by the court. I do love my little Zoey, BUT ALSO SUGGESTION WOULD BE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BREEDER.

BullieGuy Apr 15, 2012

Olga has some real issues when it comes to doing business.
    I placed an ad on Craigslist for 2 travel kennels I was selling. I was asking $40 per kennel.
    Olga contacted me, and asked, "Can I pick them up? and can I mail you a check or wire the money to a Paypal account?" I agreed, and put them in my vehicle.
    When I got out of work, the kennels were gone, and have NEVER seen a cent for the kennels.
    Fortunately, I still have the e-mails, and will never do business with her again.

• Na
    Nalasmybully Mar 13, 2013

My husband bought me a pup born Nov 29 2009. She is the best dog. Perfect matter of fact. But my pup is deaf. I contacted Olga only wanting to know if any other pups including parents were born deaf. I never heard back. I didn't want any money. Just the backround. My dog is so well behaved though, has no other health problems and was house trained in 2 weeks so I would buy another.

• Ro
    rottnzone Jul 29, 2013

wow BullieGuy, let's talk about issues, shall we... you must have some heavy ones as you are clearly in need of cash and attention, if you're still flapping about $40 two years later. Hmm... I remember talking to you, in May 2010.. You told me you're an airline employee and that you get the "discarded" kennels for free, and then you sell them on craigslist. Now why would a kennel be deemed "discarded"?? OH... the only reason somebody would discard something is... if they can't use it anymore... Duh. I tried to get on a plane with your kennels, the very next day after I picked them. And although I had every intention of paying for them by paypal, the airline would not accept them - one had a broken lock, and the other was cracked. So I ended up paying about $150 for new kennels, and I discarded yours. You probably snagged them and tried to sell them again. So in reality, you should be paying me, not the other way around. And you're lucky I cant remember which airline you said you work for, I probably would have reported you. I didn't want to get into it with you afterwards, so I never replied.. that was obviously the right decision since you really don't know when to stop and that each story has 2 sides. Oh well, maybe you'll face your own issues one day.