Microsoft Corporation — microsoft surface laptop
RE: SRX1438581918ID - 02/surface laptop / boot to windows /resolve
Dear Surface Support
Let me make this as clear as I can.
YOUR SERVICE IS UTTER CRAP AND I WILL BE SEEKING COMPENSATION PLUS ADVISE OTHERS NOT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT.
Since seeking help from Microsoft with the above problem I have had a so called Tech Expert from your company who spent some time trying to tell me wrongly the unit was not covered by warranty, failed to understand clearly what was said to her then failed to find a satisfactory solution to the Surface Laptop in question. After seeking advice I was told it could not be repaired due to a fault caused by a Microsoft Windows 10 update.
She then advised I would receive in the mail details and documentation to return the computer and have it replaced. Meanwhile my Granddaughter, who required the unit for school, was computer less. Now a full week later I have still not received said documentation even though I have received two emails seeking when I will return the unit. Responses to those emails returned to say the issue was being escalated which seems to man it is being passed to the next desk along at the Tech Centre in whatever Country is being used due to cheap wages.
Back to the Computer. After reviewing the various problems that existed my IT Qualified son bypassed the Boot Up of the unit (your Tech Assistant ought to have known this step), switched to Safe Mode, turned off the Bit Locker then activated all the account details thus repairing the Laptop. Seems Microsoft are getting the service from it's Tech Centre commensurate with the wages they are paying.
I no longer need to return the unit. In fact I shall be returning to the market to seek another brand. One which offers proper Tech Support sounds appropriate.
This is a serious complaint from a Consumer and will be forwarded also to Microsoft Headquarters. Just not good enough.
14 Clarendon Views
Doreen Vic 3754
More Microsoft Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - lack of customer support
- Home Use - officejet 3830 printer setup
- Microsoft Billing / Xbox Live - taking money without authorisation 
- Microsoftxboxlivebill - no mine 
- Microsoft - xbox one x