Michaels Stores / cashier/ customer service

United States Review updated:

Hi,
I shopped at your location in Rock Hill, SC on Saturday 04/24/19. My daughter and I went to the register and presented a coupon. After we had paid and were still in front of the cashier I requested a bag to divide our items. The cashier asked "why do u need a bag". Before I could respond she stated " it is against company policy for me to give you another bag". My daughter then reached in the bag we already had and stated " can you give me a bag for this?" ( She pulled out some of the items we already purchased so she could divide them) I then smiled and said "I guess I do get a bag". The cashier was about to hand me a large bag that was already open but stopped in midair to lick her finger to open another smaller bag stating " We are not allowed to provide a large bag for a small purchase. I stated "please dont give me the bag that you licked". The cashier then proceed to lick her fingers AGAIN and by that time I just walked out. I called back and spoke with a manager Mary Jo ( I think) who advised me that the above was not policy. I asked Mary what was her plan to rectify the situation and she stated she would talk to the ladies. I told Mary Jo that this paticular cashier is alway unfriendly and the other staff has never been a problem. I would appreciate it if someone would retrain the cashier and maybe educate her on friendliness.

Ka
Apr 30, 2019

Comments

• Th
      Apr 30, 2019

Stfu. You were being a smart @$$.

• Bu
      Apr 30, 2019

@TheManager I agree. She acted this way in front of her daughter. I bet her daughter turns out just as rude as her.

• Ed
      Jun 16, 2019

@TheManager Is this the proper way to speak about your customers, even if she was acting improperly?

•   Jun 16, 2019

@Edith De J Torres From 6weeks ago, yeah.

•   Apr 30, 2019

Next time, just make it two separate orders.

Duh!