MetLifeillegal business practices!

I have been off work since July 1, 2006 at which time I filed a disability claim with MetLife I have always paid extra for short and long term disability insurance through my company ACS.

Since my disability, requiring transplant, MetLife has made my life miserable. I have fought tooth and nail since day one to get my disability and I have finally reached the straw that broke "my back". It took over 2 months to get my first disability check at which time I had to borrow from friends and relatives to keep a roof over my head. By the time I received my short term disability I was in long term disability which took another 2 months + and was approved until July 2008, I receive back pay then 1 month pay to be paid to date in late December. As of today I received my January 2007 check with a deduction of most of the check claiming I was receiving social security and this is the difference. I have filed for SS disability but have not been approved to date. Upon calling MetLife I was informed that they ASSUME that I would be getting this amount from SS even though I have not been approved and that just in case I was receiving SS they deduct this amount so that I would not be overpaid. These people are playing with my life as though I am nothing. They tell me they don't have the supervisors phone number when they transfer me to my caseworker of course all I get is voice mail. They have me over a barrel. If I don't get my check I cannot pay my rent, utilities, etc. But most importantly I will not be able to get my medications. Is this legal?

• Le
    leary powers Apr 18, 2008

THIS IS THE LAST TIME > YOU HAVE TAKING MONEY OUT OF CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY O-KAY STOP IT > I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICE I DID NOT WANT YOUR SERVICE HOW CAN I TELL YOU TO STOP IT " you F%$#@####$%@" PUT MY MONEY BACK.I ASK YOU ON THE 16 OF APRIL TO STOP IT AND YOU CHARGE ME AGAIN ON THE 18 OF APRIL. YOU ARE F$#@% UP> Larry Powers {YOU ARE A RIP--OFF}

• Ro
    rochelle thomaas May 21, 2007

I am going through the same thing with metlife they are giving me a hard time on my ltd which they terminated i can't get any answer from anyone from there they are playing with my life i can't pay my bills or take care of my children. I since have appeal there decision so now i am waiting 45 days which they are loving it. I have been off work sine January of 06 i had surgery on my back. They also called themselves doing a surveillance but they actually got my daughters on camera not be isn't that funny.