Metlife Disability Insurancedefrauded by disability metlife insurer!

Absolutely do not buy Met Life disability. I bought it thru Kindred health care. In 2000 I became disabled. I was not worried because I had purchased Met Life who promised me 30% of my income as long as I was disabled They missed payments claiming lack of paperwork I finally started Fedexing them because then I could prove they Had received it.

They paid me although hassling me the entire time until Hurricane Katrina. Then suddenly they claimed They no longer had to pay me because I got social security and they wanted to be paid back. I went from $40,000/year while working to $24,000 a year and now because of them I am trying to make it on $13,000/yr. I had to spend my 401K, I have no money for hot water, I run out of food by the 3rd week of the month. They have ruined My life, AND I Urge you DO NOT BECOME THEIR CLIENT OR THEY WILL CHEAT YOU AS WELL!!!

• Gl
    GloriaLynn Jun 23, 2019

This company was recently sued in a class action lawsuit Edward Roycroft vs Metlife, Inc. because they did not take great care in finding people who were due pensions from them. Instead after two letters or so if the person did not contact them, they converted the funds to themselves and they are still doing this. The suit was dismissed. However per an article: "MetLife will pay a $19.75 million settlement following an investigation by the New York State Department of Financial Services connected to the insurer's revelation that it had not paid about 13, 500 participants in its group annuity population over the past 25 years due to insufficient administrative practices." Now I am helping a disabled man try to get his pension from them. They gave him only 90 days which isn't sufficient time to make such a important life decision in how you are going to receive your annuity. The form was sent in after the 90 days but here is the kicker, the amount now they are offering for a monthly pension is now less then half the original amount they offered to begin with. How does that happen with a straight life annuity? Really? Did they just convert more then half his pension to their pockets. This man is disabled and can barely afford rent and food and they are taking more then half his pension away from him in a matter of just three months!!! How does a big company like that expect to get away with outright theft? HOW?

• Pa
    Paul Linville Nov 12, 2018

I contacted customer service about one half an hour ago requesting a dental insurance card. I was informed it was a paperless system and I could not have one sent but I could log on to totalcomp and print one?
    I would like to be mailed a dental insurance.
    It being paperless means not providing a card is that really a good idea?

• Pa
    Pat Leff Nov 20, 2017

These greedy sob's denied my disability the minute they found out that the social security disability had approved me within 3 months of my application (that is fast!)which means they had no doubts about me and all the evidence required... Metlife said their reason was in the files from a doctor that he commented on something unrelated to my medical condition!?! They took that as evidence of a false claim, eh? I was floored, they have multiple mri's ct's xrays and almost 1000 pages of doctors records. They were rude and totally uncaring, truly only interested in throwing me under the bus and getting me off the phone. Two weeks later they called to tell me my life insurance was cancelled because of the situation with the disability denial. Why the one has anything to do with the other I do not know. I became very upset with the caller over this and he disconnected me! I have never receives anything from them since, no letter stating what they told me on the phone, nothing. This company is crooked and false in everything they do. That life insurance was for my daughter so she would not have to pay for my final expenses. Now I guess we are both screwed. I would love to file a lawsuit on them for this treatment but I am living on SSDI and cannot afford to.

JAD61 Aug 04, 2017

I have been disabled for 2 years.I paid for a Met life Disability policy for 15 years.They messed with me the whole time shutting me off 3 times during the 2 years.Then March of this year I got a letter saying their doctor has decided I can go back to work.i have overwhelming medical records of my problems and a filled out form from My doctor of 20 years and still shut off.I have an Lawyer and I have not received a dime in 6 months.I'm now being treated for depression. I went from 50k a year to 0 MET LIFE is Evil

Andrew w lee Jun 27, 2016

They ask for so much paper work, that' s how they make you get up on your case, they know older people with disabilities have a hard time getting around getting paper work filled out, plus most doctors charge for paper work being filled out, when I first took out this insurance it had no stipulations, now that I need to use it, you've got to have certain disabilities for it to over two years.

• Je
    Jen Gill May 26, 2016

So I'm not alone??? I have been on STD since November & EVERY single fax was "lost" which meant the waiting period for them to "review" my medical didnt start until the 2nd fax was sent. Some how they always got the second fax, but never the first. My Surgeons office had confirmation that Metlife received the faxes everytime. One time I was so pissed I had Met life & my surgeons office on a 3 way call, so I could throw Metlife under the bus's for not "receiving" faxes. At the very end of my STD & the beginning of my LTD I learned you can email them. So I tried that. Surprise face, it took TWO emails. I paid late fees, my APR's % rates jumped. It was so horrible & Christmas time & I was broke. The over whelming amount of depression, stress, anxiety & panic attacks they have caused me ... I would love to sue the pants off them. Please somebody, make it happen. I AM IN!! I have so many more horror stories from my experience. [email protected]

• Am
    amc1954 Feb 04, 2016

John Smither Jan 04, 2016

Peenis

• Ir
    Irina Pivtchev Dec 01, 2015

ok i have been reqding a lot of your peoples complaints, i agree with you everyone of you 100 percent! I too have metlife thru work for disability! I had to fight with the short term rep and get things straight with him, now i have to get things straightened with the long term rep, i do not appreciate her calling and calling my doctors office for medical records, which by the way she caint have unless i personally sign a release for them and i tell the social worker please send them! this is thru the va! i was very ticked off today for her bothering the ss worker at my dialysis unit~so i called her all ticked off and said to her nothing will ever ever change on me, i have one kidney am at stage 5/6 kidney disease! oh then she said the nurse called for it! well she talked to me a month ago and didnt say a word to me, so i felt she was doing something sneaky behind my back~this is my frame of mind i am gonna find out who this nurse is and i called all these numbers and got a answer and said i need to talk with her, i am frustrated i am being asked the same stuff all the time the lady Brenda said i am putting a request she call you back with in 24 hours--i said thank you! so i am waiting to seee if she calls me back! then i am going to find out her qualifications and how she can rate if a person can or can not work especially when ss puts you on disability already!

• De
    Dewayne Curtis Mar 12, 2015

I totally agree with all of you guys. I had worked in the surface coal mining business since 2008 and lost the ability to work back in 2012 due to a list of injury and health problems starting with (lock should, bulging disk upper and lower back, radiculary syndrome, patella tendonitis and just learned I need quadruple bypass surgery because I have coronary artery disease) and MetLife found a way to not award me with an extension to my LTD#[protected]. Thanks the Lord I have the opportunity to receive medical treatment but the bill are pilling up quick but my health is my wealth, however right is right and wrong is wrong. Everyone will eventually get old one day and I would hate to see what happens to the wicked ones. Yeah, money is power MetLife, but once employees find out the you guys are crooks from the lowest pit, possibly the one Satan will land in for eternity...your gooses will be cooked. I glad for this web site & for the boldness of all you guys to expose the treatment received by Snoopy's rouge agent of bad news who work @ MetLife...They make billions ripping folks of which is why if I am able to ever return to work, I will be checking the orientation package to see if the company conducts any benefit business with MetLife. If so, that will be one company you won't find Mr. Curtis working @

900 Cottage Grove Road
    Bloomfield CT 06002
    Office Number: [protected]
    Toll Free Number:
    Fax Number: [protected]
    address and phone for conn general

Antiq78 Feb 28, 2015

file all complaints with your state insurance regulators. They may help you plus a large fine against the company. Conn General was just fine 1.2 million by state of texas as they had many complaints of non payment

Antiq78 Feb 28, 2015

Take all of your complaints to your States Insurance Regulation. . I am also having trouble with Metlife although I bought the policy in 1984 from Connecticut General Life Insurance. Policy was purchased through small business in Texas. I was injured in an accident and they classified this as a disease. Guess What? They found a way to pay me till 65 instead of a lifetime.. This means I must file for Medicaid and The State of Texas gets screwed. Conn General is hiding behind MetLife as the executor. My claim was never processed correctly. I imagine on purpose. Do not give up. Dog them until they pay up.
    Conn General no longer sells Small Business Disability in Texas after they paid a fine of 1.2 million. This is petty cash for them as they save billions for not paying disabled policy holders that need the money to pay their bills.
    The more complaints you file the more likely your insurance company will pay you after you file a lawsuit for BADFAITH.
    Good Luck
    Steve

GBrown0816 Jul 25, 2014

Update: I was called by Met Life saying whatever money they gave me, was forgiven. In which I reminded the lady it was nothing that was my fault. She admitted it was Met Life's mistake to have paid me anything. For in the real small print, she says my previous employer stated no payment would be made if I earned just one penny, above and beyond my disability check. I have a small part time job which Disability knows of, and don't penalize me for. So get this...the part time job which helps me pay for common necessities that my monthly check don't cover, prevents me from now getting ANY MONEY AT ALL from Met Life. What kind of long-term benefit is this? Is this what my employer (NAPA Auto Parts) had in mind while I was paying out the ### for insurance while under their employment? Frankly, this has caused me nothing but stress and heartache. Oh...if I quit my part time job I will get a hundred a month. How many bags of groceries will that buy?

Met Life...buyer beware !!

email at: [email protected] (not at Google Dot Com)

SAJITKUMAR Jul 23, 2014

very bad

GBrown0816 Jul 23, 2014

Typo / Correction: Know someone who could help me? Email; [email protected] Dot Com (please put Met Life in subject line)

GBrown0816 Jul 23, 2014

Because I collect Disability my monthly is only a hundred a month. I managed to keep a part time job where I make a little over a hundred dollars a week (suppliments...go towards rent), and have been since the time they started paying me for long term disability. I was always honest with Met Life about this part time job (12 hours + 2 hours free at $8.25 an hour). They now say after paying me since 12/11 that the small print with the company I worked for (NAPA Auto Parts) says I could not make any money whatsoever while collecting benefits. Now they are demanding ALL THE MONEY THEY PAIID ME BACK !! I told them to have their lawyers contact me.

All the time Met Life has made my life as difficult as possible so not to have to pay me. They demand everything personal about you, and then use that information AGAINST YOU. Example...I'm broke and disabled. They already know I do not have the funds to fight them. ### !! Charles Schultz would be disgusted I'm sure having his characters associated with a company such as this.

• Bo
    bonbon33 Jun 02, 2014

I have been dealing with met life for over a yr and they have giving me the run around since day 1, their " independent" Dr is trying to say that I am able to return to work, this Dr has NEVER talk to or seen me but can determine I am able to return to work? How can their Dr over ride the Dr I see every 2 weeks? I have already lost my house because of met life and now I'm facing eviction from my current place? I am fighting anxiety, severe depression and panic attacks, can you tell me how met life messing with my financial stability is helpful for my mental disability? I Think that something needs to be done to stop these crooks.. I have paid into my disability for almost 10 yrs with my employer so I would be covered if something were to happen and now they don't want to pay.. It's just plain wrong

• Sq
    Sqmores Mar 20, 2014

Reading all these posts, it's SO NICE to know, I am not alone! I would LOVE to see a class action suit against Metlife! COUNT ME IN! They're only to happy to take the funds from your paycheck, but do all they can, not to pay you, should you actually become di

• Au
    auctionboy Feb 15, 2014

I agree with all of you, please let's get together and get a class action suit going my email [email protected] thanks RJ

• Xe
    XEENA Jan 18, 2014

METLIFE IS THE BIGGEST SCAM I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!! It's really sickening to see how many people are going through the exact same thing I am going through!!! All they did was take my money and now refuse to pay me!!! I have 5 doctors stating I am disabled and have also been approved for SSD but METLIFE doctors say I can work!!! Mind you I have NEVER even spoke to any of their doctors nevermind seen any of their doctors but yet they can determine that I am fit to work???? Based on what????? Based on the fact that METLIFE DOES NOT WANT TO PAY ME?????????????? They have given me more stress than I need right now. I am hiring an attorney and filing a lawsuit against them and I am trying my hardest to get the word out to people...DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING THROUGH METLIFE!!! COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM!!!

Kenpo Dragon Jan 16, 2014

I'm with you starting a class-action lawsuit against these animals. Check your piggy banks. I think $1.6 Billion should at least get it started.

You all have my sincere sympathy for your pain, and for the additional suffering thrust upon you by MetLie or other insurers.

Keep howling, maybe someone will listen to us. If not, what a surprise it will be for those that kept their heads in the sand. Oh Yah!

Well I am going to hang out in MetLie Stadium, watch the game, eat my popcorn, slurp my drink, and rest easy in the fact that the Dog is watching out for me...and SO MANY other people..

That CUTE little beagle is a real pal when the going gets rough, Huh?

Answer: Taking it from behind for years, day and night, and $2 Billion dollars.

Question: What does it cost an American worker to collect on a valid disability claim with a value of $350, 000 or less.

Kenpo Dragon Jan 16, 2014

Does anyone out there have any change left in their piggy banks?
    We may be able to come up with $1.5 Billion to get a class-action lawsuit against MetLie started.

How does a disabled person survive when LetLie is standing their neck after robbing them?

I feel your pain. If we can persevere and howl as much as possible to as many people as we can, perhaps someone will listen.
    As we are well aware, they could be the next ones to follow in our footsteps.

Someday we may feel hope again, rather than being treated like sub-humans by the Insurance Industry, our congress, and the Federal courts...and don't EVEN get me started with the lawyers.

Quite a feeding frenzy with the disabled Americans as the bait for the predators.

Kenpo Dragon Jan 16, 2014

Does anybody have any change left in their piggy banks to get a class-action lawsuit against MetLie et. al.
    $1.5 Billion dollars may be enough to get it started.

How does a person live with a disability survive while MetLie is standing on their neck after robbing them?

Justice?...We don't need no Steenkeeng Justice!
    Well OK, Justice for the highest bidder...

Kenpo Dragon Jan 16, 2014

Supporting docs available upon request
    I was wondering if you could please do something to help millions of Americans from financial and physical ruination. I believe the Insurance Industry is the most serious threat to this country (in addition to Investment Banking corporations).
    The Investment Banking corporation singlehandedly caused the last global financial meltdown. MetLife and the rest of the Insurance Industry will prevail in achieving that goal. The insurance and investment banking corporations have successfully bought congress to dismantle all the regulatory measures that were enacted after the Great Depression. The recent global financial meltdown was a direct result of this, and I fear it was just a marginal prelude for what is to come.
    As of 2002, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (E.R.I.S.A.) plans covered 137 million workers, retirees, and their families.
    Since MetLife is the industry leader in disability insurance for American employees, I am using them as an example. To me they appear to be the Insurance Industry leader in raising taxes for the majority of Americans while decreasing their own corporate taxes.
    Their goal appears to me to be the final demolition of the Social Security system. The collateral damage to increasingly financially-challenged Americans is of no concern to them. They have aided and abetted congress in dismantling any type of regulation or government interference that would be an impediment or consequence for their actions.
    I believe that Americans that are paying any attention to critical current events should find the Insurance Corporation’s activities sobering, if not terrifying.
    I think you may agree that the deeper you dig, the more it seems that liberty and justice are little more than ink on paper now. The efforts of those that worked tirelessly or sacrificed their lives for those ideals may have been for naught. The root cause, as usual, is due to unbridled greed and deregulated corruption.
    Anything that may be done to avert this disaster is too late for millions of American citizens already victimized by the insurance industry’s ruthless methods of denying benefits. They prey on the helpless and destroy all in their way.
    I hope you can help millions more to be spared what so many honest, hard-working, tax-paying Americans before them have endured. Their justice has yet to be, or never will be, achieved. Criminals are the only people in this country getting speedy justice.
    Please, help do something to help treat this cancer before it reaches the end-stage for America.
    Thank you for your consideration.

MetLife
    Industry Leader in:
    • Retirement Insurance Claims Denials
    • Death Benefit Claims Denials
    • Engaging in Fraudulent Schemes and Multiple Violations of Federal Laws
    • Industry De-Regulation to Usurp Existing Federal Laws
    • Lack of Industry Compliance
    • Social Security Lobbying (ERIC)
    o Sole lobbyist for H.R.33: Disability Benefit Fairness Act of 2009* ($1.48 Billion)
    • Increasing Taxes to Maximize Corporate Profits
    • Saturating Federal courts with E.R.I.S.A. claims litigation
    • Extracting financial gain from shareholders and claimants
    *To amend title II of the Social Security Act to eliminate the 5-month waiting period for entitlement to disability benefits and to eliminate reconsideration as an intervening step between initial benefit entitlement decisions and subsequent hearings on the record on such decisions.

• Me
    MetLifeSucks Jan 08, 2014

Is there any reason why we couldn't start a class action lawsuit against MetLife to get back what they fraudulently deduct S.S. as a "deductible source of income" since Social Security payments are not "current income" and is not a "deductible source of income"? S.S. is actually past income that people have made and accumulated years ago before they were ever disabled that was put in a "government fund" to be "paid back later" when needed! MetLife is deducting "past income" from people's current insurance benefit, we have history with these companies we've worked for over the years that prove it was past income. It is wrong that MetLife takes our "past income" from us like this. It can't imagine that any court in our land wouldn't agree that S.S. is past income that we contributed to the S.S. fund as confirmed by our past Pay Stubs.

• Me
    metlifecheats Dec 23, 2013

I agree with all of you and have had the same experiences. What should be illegal is that when one purchases a group policy from work, we are not privy to the fine print /policy disclosures until you become disabled. If you are lucky enough to get approved, then metlife forces you to apply for social security, and they don't have to the pay the full amount???!!! They only pay the difference between ssdi and the claim. no wonder they make money. They also don't tell you that you cant make any attempt to make money because they will take it all. Why would one possibly even try to work under those policies?!!! the class action needs to be on NON DISLOSURE either on the part of metlifeor the company. Everyone buys the policy believing they will get from metlife 50-60% of their pay. Nothing is said that social security is involved . they should be separate claims!!! After all, we paid for a separate policy.

• Ha
    hampman24 Nov 06, 2013

Take the effort and report these insurance companies to your States Department of Insurance. My attorney told me that UTICA NATIONAL is the worst to deal with and that many of these insurance companies are getting away with fraud against innocent sick people. The system doesn't care because it's just as dysfunctional. People, you're on your own. Have no trust in the insurance company or social services because they don't care. Go ahead, call me a narcissist, but I know what you are Denise... Watch for more legitimate complaints yet to be submitted regarding your dysfunction and lack of good judgment. I believe in Karma.

• Sc
    S C CC Aug 26, 2013

This is one piece of crap co. Where do the get the Rights to say when they have to pay you and when they dont. OH wait this is the USA yes Lived here all my Life. Unless your a Illegal Immigrant or Black you have No rights in this Country. No I am not poor and on short term disability and Live in Dallas TX. Yes I see how it works here and in most other Places. They get all the state has to offer and the Insurance co has to offer and they do not want to be Filed Discrimination. The have there 5 kids and get the Welfare Card with thousands of month and food stamps and the Home paid for. Yes I am the one also Paying for it. Yet when we get Hurt and Get sick we are told Sorry, Your Just to Christen, White and too Honest to Collect. Yes sure the Haters will be sending many replies to this but the truth Hurts. We cant help what Happened to these people yrs ago and Our Piece of Crap Government would rather send all our Money to other Countries. LOL Insurance Co are all Regulated bye the Government and They have the Same rights as the IRS Get Bent they will take your Money Before hand but you better Not EVER have a Claim, Esp if your White Person. YEs its MY 2 Cents/

fishkatt May 07, 2013

You just, have to stay on top all paperwork requested. Fax, everything, so you have records. Good luck

• Ta
    TammyLynne May 07, 2013

My company got bought out and guess what? They use Met Life!! These ### stopped my short-term in April this year stating"needing more documentation" and that I should see my docs bi-weekly. First thing, you have to give some meds time to work and secondly if you're gonna cut my damn money off how I'm gonna pay for my meds or appointments and gas etc. I'm so mad I could just ugghhhhh!!! I have a kid and he wants to know how we gonna make it. I don't know what to say cause I'm so depressed now and I can't return to work. I really got worked over by this so called insurance company. Yes, I'll join any lawsuit to close them down completely before they do someone else with chronic illness like they have done me.

fishkatt Aug 17, 2012

Met life stopped my LTC coverage in May 2012, which was supposed to ongoing until Aug 2012. I had already been approved for 2 yrs as long as I provided ongoing documentation about my disability, which I have done without fail. Now I am just about to have home go into foreclosure again because I can not live on social security payments alone. I had drew 1946.00/mo from met life and when SSA stated they oked 1408/mo. But now that has changed to 1308/mo because medicare payments. Man in Oklahoma, where I thought the poorest people in the world lived, the state will tell you that u make too much money for any government assistance if you drawn over 680/mo. house hold numbers have zero bearing on this, except if you are seeking food stamp assistance. ITS Nuts, so myself with a 1200/mo mortgage, and a 1308/mo SSA income make too much money for assistance. Plus met life wants more doctors notes to even consider reinstating my LTD benefit's... of well life goes on...

• Gm
    Gmannn Jul 16, 2012

Theses mother****Ers paid me for 6 months and then stopped, after a work disability. True D-bags.

Joseph Armstrong Jun 30, 2012

Hello, it's me again Joseph Armstrong, I forgot to mention when I first applied for LTD from met life, the rep. Inform me that later on that I need to apply for SSA, she said it was a requirement, now I see why because when you are awarded SSA, what met life do they expect you to pay them your back pay from SS, they say that they overpaid you, and if u don't they hold up your monthly check ( met life do). I wish that I never enrolled and paid my money into met life all those years that I was working, they make it sound good, but somethings that sound good is not always good. So now, I try to warn my fellow ex co- workers about them, they started off OK, but later on they get crooked. I wanted to sign that petition that someone mention about, but it was hard for to get into the website, still if there is a law suit against them please let me know because, I do want to get involved because its wrong for what they are doing. What made me think about Met life requires you to apply for SSA because I was reading another complaint from someone else and they mention it.

fishkatt Jun 29, 2012

I too was denied continued LTD benefits after being awarded back-pay from SSA. I would never trade a small ONE TIME check from SSA (back-pay) VS a monthly LTD payment for next 20 years, but they have lost there mind if they think after being denied continued benefits, I would run down to bank and forward it all too them. I already have lost so much and with the recent loss of Met life since SSA was approved I can not longer make my bills and house payment.. They did not help me, they only prolonged my INABILITY to support myself any longer since becoming disabled. I would love too be part of any suit filed against them. They have done nothing more than give me an illusion I could survive.

Joseph Armstrong May 21, 2012

I wander if there's away that we can suit, its me again everything that everyone complain about, the same thing is happening to I wrote a pervious complaint an hour ago, and my question is, is there a website that I can go to, to file a law suit have any of you tried to if will you please contact me, my email address is on my previous complaint, this has got to stop, and the company I work for was the Navy Exchange Command, and they deal with met life LTD. So, if there's any help out there please feel to contact me.

Joseph Armstrong May 21, 2012

Hi my name is Joseph Armstrong and I dealt with MetLife, they did the same thing me and some others that I know concerning disability, at first they start off good but then they screw you up, one time last year I was recieving payments from them and because I miss a couple of doctor visit they terminated my claim, and then a view months ago they restated me back, O yes I'm recieving social security disability after MetLife drop me last year, anyway received back paid from a few months ago which was $8700 and now they sent me a letter which came yesterday in the mail, saying I have to repay $9700 back. So if there is an CLASS ACTION SUIT please let me know, I will glad and happy to give my name and address so someone can talk with me, my email address is [email protected] Again please contact me if there is a ACTION SUIT against them.

• Wi
    William P May 04, 2012

I put a lot money to open 18 months MetLife CD. Without receiving any correspondence (email, paper mail, or bank statement) to warn me the CD would be mature on Apr. 13, 2012. They renew the CD on Apr. 23, 2012. Later on, they sent me paper mail mentioned the CD renew as 0.75 APR interest rate for another 18 months. Then right after they renew the CD, they pump up the CD rate to be 1.12% for 18 months. I will never put my money in Metlife saving product any more.

• Th
    the same ol thing Dec 11, 2011

MetLife are dirt bags! This is the best that I can explain them. They make the rules as they go! ERISA or not they don't care!
    I was cut off after 24 months of payments because my medical condition was of a limited disability. NO SO! according to my police that Georgia-Pacific gave my attorney and me! (Georgia-Pacific are also a dirt bag company!)
    Now either they will pay me or they judge will make them do just that. MetLife thought I was of limited monetary sources. NOT SO!

I can wait for years just like they can. I was fortunate that I saved my money of my working years.
    I would never recommend MetLife of Georgia-Pacific to anyone, unless you want to go thought hell!

• Cr
    CrewsMissle Sep 29, 2011

I have also had similar experiences with MetLife. I have contacted my US Senators, Insurance commissioners, BBB, everyone I can think of. If anyone deserved to be taken down by a class action law suit, it is MetLife. They should be called MetLie as I often mis-spell it.