MetLife Dental — coverage denied
Ridiculous, incompetent, 3rd rate insurance. Paid for option 2 (Metlife put me in option 1) . Dentist submitted pre - approval for a crown 3 times. 2 times it was denied stating that my coverage did not cover crowns. Finally, metlife rep called dental office and said, "yes, the crown was covered". Apparently, metlife is well - known for denying coverage till coverage elapses. When dentist got verbal approval (Per their office records) we scheduled to have the crown installed. Since it was past the periods that it was being denied they now say i owe them $263. I did not pay another $135 for another month's coverage, would you? Every bit of this nightmare is documented with times, names, recordings, letters, anything you can think of.
If you want turmoil in your life then contact metlife.
More MetLife Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife Dental - claims not processed for more than 12 months
- Met Life Disability Insurance - fraud 
- Metlife Disability - metlife petition
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - left off beneficiary