Mercariscamming description of product/ tricking customers into buying the wrong product

G Nov 14, 2019

I purchased an item on mercari on 11/09/2019. Item was listed as brand: "Johny Was ". However I received a different brand which is of a cheaper material. I feel like I was tricked by the seller ( who lied about the brand) into buying a product. Seller didn't make any mention of the real brand of the item. The item brand is "style & co " but they listed it as "Johnny was" (which is what I thought I was buying). The item was received on 11/13/2019 and I filed a return claim with Mervari the same day. Mercari answered me saying that the item cannot be returned. I am very checked to see that this app is actually encouraging scammers. I checked the reviews of the seller I purchased the item from and I noticed that this was not her first attempt to scam buyers. She previously listed items with brands (more expensive) that were in reality different from the actual item brand (cheaper). for instance the brand "free people" is not the same as "forever 21". This seller is a true scammer and not only she should be banned from selling on Mercari, but surprisingly Mercari is encouraging her to scam innocent buyers. the policy of mercari says that the item description has to be as specific as possible especially when you list the brand, because that's what buyers look for in filters. I though I purchased a "Johny was" cardigan but I received a "Style &Co" instead. And Mercari sided with the scammer and took my money. I paid $34 plus $5.25 shipping. in addition to that the item looks old and wellworn. with lots of white spots on it. I cannot clean all of that. and there's a piece of thread coming out.