Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Building, Construction Menards menards and designer image vinyl lock floor problem-$4000 plus

Menards - menards and designer image vinyl lock floor problem-$4000 plus

Author of the complaint
12:52 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It has been an on going nightmare for more than a year.
The product was purchased from Menard's in Long Grove.
It was installed by professional installers both times and both times failed.
It has a "LifeTime Warranty" for residential use. Not so, it seems.
First time it failed (25% seam defects)we were able to get a product exchange but had to pay for removal and replacement labor.
We used a specific installer recommended by the manufacturer.
Second install failed worst than first install(>40% seam defects).
Second time it failed we have been ignored by both Menard's and Vinyl Lock.
We have extensive records.
Both installers are available for interviews and are candid in their comments.
Both worked extensively with Vinyl Lock personnel to insure correct installation.
We have a made a video of the ongoing product defect issue.
I have forwarded the link to the 27MB video.
It is available at:

Helpful? 1 0

More Menards complaints & reviews

Menards - awful place to work in
Menards - mastercraft doors
Menards - rebate scam
Menards - fraud and scam
12 comments
T
Apr 12, 2022 12:52 am

Designers Image Bryant Chattered Gray. Absolute junk. Doesn't fit together. Doesn't stay together. Chips and breaks. Some pieces came out of the box chipped. Very poor quality. I have a $1,000.00 mistake and a bunch of junk.

0 0

Installing designer image twilight style vinyl plank for a customer now some boards won't drop flat on the long joint most won't lock on the end joints my menards rep says menards has done away with their position and the manufacturer has a non existent staff or voice-mail option

I
Jan 26, 2019 12:52 am

We have had this tile in our bathroom for over four years. We liked it so much we put it in another bathroom last year. We haven't had any seam or discoloration issues.

M
Jul 26, 2017 12:52 am

We purchased Bastille High Performance Luxury Floating Vinyl Tile for our basement.
Looked great for a few months now it shows a crusty rust in the locking joints.
Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you.

Mary - Fitchburg, WI

View 0 more photos
D
Jan 14, 2016 12:52 am

I have had the product down for a little over 6 months and it is performing exactly as it claims. The floor is beautiful, my installer was very pleased with how it went down and we have had no issues. I installed it in the kitchen, dining room, living room and the hallway.

H
Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

I am a professional with plenty of experience installing laminate & vinyl flooring. I was hired (Dec. 2015) to install this product in a small (7' x 8') 1/2 bathroom in an older home. While the tiles look great, the snap lock system is garbage. I even taped the joints while I was in the process of installing the tile to prevent my feet or knees from causing joint separation. Prior to purchasing the tile, I had read some of the on-line issues regarding this product. I asked the dept. manager at the local Menards if he had heard of any problems with the product. He did say that the wider tile (Bastille Platinum Series) was more problematic than the more traditional plank tiles. While I have no experience installing the narrower Designer Image tiles, I strongly advise against selecting this product for any application.

P
Jul 26, 2014 12:52 am

Next time do a smaller remodel and buy better quality product if u can not afford to then cheap Chinese products is what you will surely end up with.

Jun 09, 2014 12:52 am

We have had our Designers Image flooring installed for about 8 months now, but it seems in the spots that the sun comes down from the windows, the flooring has started bubbling and now the planks are coming apart! Has anybody had this problem? We live in South Dakota so it's not like there's a lot of strong sunlight! Also, does anybody have the info so I can maybe get some of our money back?

J
Jun 25, 2013 12:52 am

Any recent experience? I am or was considering purchasing Designers Image Click Lock Plus Vinyl Plank at Menards. Wonder if the product is better now ...? Any advice?

Oct 04, 2011 12:52 am

I have this brand installed in dining room, kitchen and a bathroom. It is absolutely beautiful. Went down easy, but you have to read the instructions. Apparently it's not easy enough for some people. LOL

P
Jun 29, 2011 12:52 am

I agree with comment one on Designers Image flooring. It is the worst possible flooring installation process. It is a beautiful floor but the installation process was horrendous. My contractor is excellent but he refuses to ever install this stuff again and I agree. I am taking back the rest I had for my living room and hall way. I wish I had never seen or bought this stuff.

S
Jan 05, 2011 12:52 am

Designer image tile sucks, I put these tiles in exactly to the manufacturers specs. seemed like it was going in o.k. then the next day upon closer examination we discovered that the corners and the seams started to buckle up, so today I called the manufactuer and of coarse only got a voice recording and left them a piece of mind on their crumby engineered floors, so now we got to rip up all this crap and put in a normal old fashioned reliable floor system thats been prooving to work for the last 100 years...so word to the wise don't buy this crap

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

563 complaints