Menu

complaints

Max Guard Hurricane Windows Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Max Guard Hurricane Windows at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Max Guard Hurricane Windows has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Max Guard Hurricane Windows. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Max Guard Hurricane Windows complaints 6

Sort by:

Newest Max Guard Hurricane Windows complaints

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Max Guard Hurricane Windows I'm a 75-year-old retiree living on a fixed income, and I wanted to share my experience with Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC

I'm a 75-year-old retiree living on a fixed income, and I wanted to share my experience with Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC. On March 2, I decided to hire Max Guard to install 13 single hung windows, 2 sets of French doors, and a set of double front doors, all hurricane impact resistant. The total cost was $43,000. Single hung windows are supposed to be able to open, but unfortunately, I can't open mine. Even the factory representative agrees that the windows are too tight. It seems that only a younger, more physically fit person can manage to open the 6 windows at the front of my house. I've called and pleaded with them to resolve this issue, trying to be reasonable. However, all I've received so far are promises and more delays. This was a significant investment for me, and I paid them in full, trusting them to do a good job. I really hope they can resolve this matter soon.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Max Guard Hurricane Windows This company won't return my calls to give me an update 'bout when my windows gonna be ready for installation

This company won't return my calls to give me an update 'bout when my windows gonna be ready for installation. My window installation was supposed to be done in October. The company messed up my order and gotta install one window that was ordered in the wrong size even though they measured it like three times, 8 other windows were installed with the wrong grid pattern and/or glass pattern and one window got messed up by their dumb installers. I ain't got no call or text tellin' me when my product gonna be delivered since OCTOBER. I done called 'em many times and sent lots of texts but nobody from the company bothered to call me back with an update.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Max Guard Hurricane Windows The hurricane windows from Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC were supposed to be a good investment, but the installation work left a lot to be

The hurricane windows from Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC were supposed to be a good investment, but the installation work left a lot to be desired. There were numerous issues that made the whole experience very disappointing. Firstly, I didn't receive clear instructions on how to prepare my alarm sensors and plantation shutters for the installation. This lack of guidance was frustrating.

Additionally, there were many schedule changes, which caused further inconvenience. The window sills were poorly repaired and ended up being broken. The alarm wires were accidentally severed during the installation, causing even more problems. The drop-cloth protection used during the installation was inadequate and it took weeks to clean up the mess.

To make matters worse, there was a 9-foot long hole under one of the windows that was hastily stuffed with paper towels and shop rags, and then covered up with caulk. This makeshift solution required a handyman to properly fix it. I also discovered broken glass in my lawn, and caulk drips on my driveway, patio, and outdoor furniture.

Furthermore, there was a 7-foot long crack in the stucco next to my door, which was a clear sign of poor workmanship. The trim pieces on three windows were bowed and too short, which was not only unsightly but also affected the functionality of the windows. Lastly, the sliding screen was poorly installed and wouldn't slide properly.

I did receive a call from Pam the day after the installation, and I informed her about most of the issues. A couple of guys were sent to fix the sliding screen, but that was the extent of the response. To add insult to injury, I received an email stating that my "job went extremely well," which was far from the truth.

I reached out to Pam Heck and Gregg Adelman via email, and I even sent a letter to *** Jr., but it has been four months since the project was completed in February , and I have yet to receive any reply or resolution to the problems I encountered.

Hide full review

Is Max Guard Hurricane Windows legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Max Guard Hurricane Windows as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Max Guard Hurricane Windows stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Max Guard Hurricane Windows should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Max Guard Hurricane Windows earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Max Guard Hurricane Windows achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Max Guard Hurricane Windows. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Max Guard Hurricane Windows has received 10 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Maxguardhurricane.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Max Guard Hurricane Windows website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Maxguardhurricane.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Max Guard Hurricane Windows has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Max Guard Hurricane Windows protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Max Guard Hurricane Windows has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
M

Max Guard Hurricane Windows $65,000 window replacement job

$65,000 window replacement job. $1600 hasn't been paid cuz of non completion and poor workmanship. They don't answer emails or return calls, ever. I hired and paid a deposit of $25000 to Max Guard Hurricane Windows on Sept. 30. They started the project of replacing 38 windows on Dec. 29, 2020 which required that I pay another $30,000 before they would unload the windows. After multiple problems they said the project was finished. I explained to them that they weren't finished, like multiple operating problems of the windows (some won't open), screen door wasn't made for the sliding glass doors, filthy glass on all windows, caulking mess throughout the house (around windows), no inside caulking on 8 windows, damage to plantation shutter. All this and they still demanded that I pay the balance of $9600. I was a fool and gave them $8000 holding the final until all work was done. They now won't answer emails or return calls, it's been 1 month since the supposed completion. What are my options? Attached are just some sample defects that I listed. Sorry, the pictures really don't do the sloppy, incomplete, and inoperable windows justice. It's much worse live. Some of these flaws could even be considered code violations, like inoperable windows that might be needed for egress. I wouldn't bother you with this except I don't know where else to turn.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Max Guard Hurricane Windows 1/19/22 I signed up to get 8 impact windows from Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC to protect my family and home from the upcoming hurricane

1/19/22 I signed up to get 8 impact windows from Max Guard Hurricane Windows, LLC to protect my family and home from the upcoming hurricane season. The installation was supposed to start on 5/19/22 and finish on 5/21/22, but there were some material shortages from the manufacturers. They kept pushing the date back to the week of May 30th and then to the week of 6/6/22. I went to the Max Guard Hurricane company on 7/6/22 and they told me that there is a shortage of materials at the Alabama manufacturing facility. They didn't have a new date for the installation, and they apologized for the inconvenience.

I paid $18,600 for the windows and installation, and I gave them a 50% cash deposit of $9,300. I asked them to return my deposit so that I could look for another company, but they refused, saying that we have a contract. It's true that we have a contract, but it was based on good faith and understanding that there might be delays. However, it has been almost 8 months now, and we are only 2 months away from the hurricane season. I feel vulnerable and unprotected, both for me and my family and for my investment.

I also have concerns about a company that takes down payments from other customers without completing the work. It seems like they might collapse, and I could end up being part of a class action lawsuit. I have been patient enough and have brought up my concerns to the company. The only way I will be satisfied is if I get my $9,300 back. I want this matter resolved quickly because the next few months are approaching fast. I haven't done anything wrong here, and I don't think I should have to pay for someone else's trouble. The law says that I pay for something and I get something in return, but I have received nothing. I don't know what else to say, but I hope we can resolve this problem. Thank you. I am a retired law enforcement Marine Corps veteran, and I have always been able to get in touch with people when needed.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Max Guard Hurricane Windows I hired Max Guard Hurricane Windows to replace my doors and windows in my house for $105,000 two years ago

I hired Max Guard Hurricane Windows to replace my doors and windows in my house for $105,000 two years ago. I've paid all but $2500. The crew they sent did a terrible job installing the doors. The windows are fine. I have big sliders. Turns out, due to COVID, there was no actual inspection by the building department. I always believed that no inspector came to check my windows on the day of the supposed inspection. It wouldn't have passed anyway. Because of a complaint I made to ComplaintsBoard.com a few months ago, the company did replace two entrance doors that were damaged and installed incorrectly. For 15 months, I couldn't lock my house, and for another 5 months, I couldn't unlock the door to my bathroom when they replaced it. My front double doors still have a faulty lock, but they recently fixed it after more than two years of only being able to open one door. The big problem is that my sliding glass doors weren't fitted or installed properly. After the "inspection" that never happened, lizards, frogs, and bugs started coming in from the top and bottom of the doors. You can clearly see that AC air is escaping, allowing critters to enter. My electric bill immediately went up by $150-200 per month after installation. I'm afraid a hurricane could blow the doors off the tracks. They've made some adjustments since my first complaint, but they're still completely unacceptable for doors that cost thousands of dollars each. I've sent personal emails and a letter to the owner, ***. I've asked him to inspect the doors himself, but he's ignoring my request and demanding final payment. I want the doors to be installed correctly so they can be sealed and easily opened and closed. This problem existed before the inspections.

Overview of Max Guard Hurricane Windows customer experience

Max Guard Hurricane Windows (maxguardhurricane.com) has received numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several negative aspects of their products and services. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the quality and durability of their hurricane windows. Many have reported issues such as poor installation, leading to leaks and drafts. Additionally, there have been complaints about the lack of customer support and difficulty in obtaining warranty claims. Max Guard Hurricane Windows seems to have a reputation for delivering subpar products that fail to meet customers' expectations.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Max Guard Hurricane Windows contacts