Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.combox spring, stained during delivery difficult to exchange

W

Date of Incident: May 31, 2016
Client/Customer #: 983610

My boyfriend and I purchased the APPAUIIFM-Q-MATT/ICOMFORTIII-Q-FND box spring and mattress on 5/30/2016. It was delivered on 5/31/2016.
My boyfriend unwrapped the box spring and noticed stains (see photo below). I called Mattress Warehouse on 6/1/2016 and spoke to Christy she stated the store manager Chris was off to call back on 6/2/2016. I called Chris and emailed him the pic of the stains. We waited 3 days and didn't hear back from him so my boyfriend stopped by the store. Chris stated he received my email with the picture and that he was working on resolving the situation. I emailed Chris on Monday 6/6/2016. He said he got the exchanged approved at that point we discussed delivery. He offered to have the new box spring delivered on 6/7/2016 however taking off work was not an option. I told him someone could be at the my house on Monday 6/13/2016. He then stated he would schedule the delivery for the 13th. I emailed Chris Monday 6/13 asking what time we could expect delivery. I spoke to Herb who informed me that exchanges are not delivered on Mondays so our delivery was changed to Tues. This is completely unacceptable considering this is the second day in 3 weeks that my boyfriend has taken off work for a delivery from Mattress Warehouse. I told Herb someone would be available on Saturday 6/18 or Monday 6/20 but neither one of those days work for exchanges. Then I offered to bring the box spring to the store and exchange it there but again that wasn't accepted.
My boyfriend received a call this morning at approx. 8:20am stating we were scheduled for delivery today and they would be arriving between 10:30-1:30pm we are unable to leave work on such short notice. We do not work close to home so a time frame such as this would require one of us to take the entire day off. I spoke to Michael (Mattress Warehouse scheduler) and he was supposed to check with his supervisor to see what could be worked out for delivery on Saturday 6/18 2016 however I have not heard back from him yet.

It is unfortunate that Mattress Warehouses poor customer service is attached to the Serta name.

I have several emails that I have sent to Chris and Carl Papafio who are supposed to be managers or higher at the Culpeper store however I have not received an email reply from either one.

box spring, stained during delivery difficult to exchange