Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com Logo

Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com

Having problems with Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com?

Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2007. The latest review Legs for adjustable bed was posted on Jan 19, 2021. The latest complaint fraudulent claims of warranty exchange was resolved on Apr 19, 2014. Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 50 reviews. Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com has resolved 23 complaints.

Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 301 682 8504 (Customer Service)
4949 New Design Rd
Thu10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com Customer Service. Initial Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mattress Warehouse / SleepHappens.com Complaints & Reviews

Mattress Warehouse — company in denial of fraud

We went there to purchase a mattress that was on sale. The mattress was not in stock and the salesman said he...

Mattress Warehousesealy seaport eurotop king mattress

Our Sealy Seaport Eurotop mattress which we purchased from
Mattress Warehouse in Eason, Md on October 31, 2008 has
developed a lump of about a foot in length and heighth over
2". Our name and address are as follows:
John Gargalli
9460 Martingham Circle
St. Michaels, MD 21663
Phone: [protected]
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Mattress Warehouse — awful customer service

My wife and I purchased a brand new king size Simmons Beautyrest mattress from Mattress Warehouse on December...

Mattress Warehousepeople scamming company

My sister and parents purchased the same style Sterns and Foster pillowtop mattress from Mattress Warehouse. My sister's is holding up great, but my parents' mattress has sunk on one side... BUT because it has a pillowtop, this defect is not visible with the eye ~ which is the only way an inspector will check the mattress! The defect is very evident if the mattress is pushed down in the bad spot v/s an unused portion ~ however all parties involved will not budge to check the mattress this way, it has to be a visible sinking, which the foam pillowtop is concealing!! Lesson learned, mattress companies started putting foam pillowtops on as a warranty loophole!! Beware!

• De
        DealerThat Cares May 11, 2011

That in not neccessarly true. The problem is that you dealt with the Mattress Warehouse, which has been rejecting warranty claims, customer complaints, etc for many years. Next time you buy a mattress set, buy from a much smaller chain of stores, don't buy from these huge mega store companies because all they care about is your money, not you. Smaller chains and local dealers will more than likely provide a little better customer service. I'm also a dealer in VA and if anyone has an issue in my store, we take care of them in any way we can. Customer service is a dying trend, but we try and rejuvenate this lost practice.

Mattress Warehouse — received the wrong mattress

The mattress and box springs were purchased on 8-28-07. As it is not used all of the time, we did not notice...

Mattress Warehouse — order return denied

We ordered a mattress from Mattress Warehouse at Roanoke/Electric Rd, Roanoke VA . Later next day we decided...

Mattress Warehouserefusal to change order to more expensive mattress

On June 27, 2008 we ordered a Simmons Rock Island King Size mattress set. We were told it would take at least 5 days for store to receive it. On Sunday June 29, 2008 we called several time finally reaching salesman to ask if we could change order to 2 twin size rather than king size. Chris said he had just faxed our order in and would check with them and call us back. Later on Sunday he called back and said they refused because they had already put order in their data system.

We are upset because this does not sound like it would have been so difficult for them to do plus we would have been paying them more money. This would have been so much better for us since my husband has Parkinsons Disease and if we needed to move bed around for cleaning or rearranging room with the twin beds we could have done it without having someone come in to help us. If Anyone can help us please call at 540/977-4810. The store said they would not receive mattress set until Wednesday or Thursday this week June 30, 2008.

Peggy.

john Jul 12, 2008

i think that everone should read things before they purchase and dont blame the company for somthing they know already

Mattress Warehousebad product

Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor, two words I wish that I had remembered from my High School Latin class! In December I purchased bedding from Mattress Warehouse on Towne Square Blvd. With limited opportunity to test the bedding in the store we were very concerned that it would be satisfactory. I discussed my concerns with the salesperson who assured me that we would find the bedding to be satisfactory. When I noticed that the receipt was clearly stamped "no refunds", no "exchanges" the salesperson told me "not to worry about it" that "Mattress Warehouse always stands behind their products". Caveat Emptor.

The very first night we tried the bedding we noticed that it was in fact satisfactory, for about 30 minutes! After that time the mattress began to sink and it felt like we were sleeping in a hole. I called the store the next morning and was directed to file with the "Mattress Marshals (MM)" (the warranty division). We did not use the mattress, slept in the guest room, filled a claim with the MM (twice) and we waited. And we waited. As we waited, we continued to be in contact with the store weekly and with the District Manager. Nine weeks later we still hadn't heard from the MM!

Finally losing patience I called the store and told them I was bringing the bedding back. A new salesperson (the old one was gone) told me to bring it in the back door. I brought in the box springs and I tried to move in the mattress. I was met by a very angry Manager (he is also no longer with the store) who pushed me in the chest and told me that he was not letting me in the store. He threatened to call the police and told me that I could not bring the mattress in. Why he wouldn't let me in I had no idea and even less of an idea why he felt it was ok to push me? But, in any case, I followed his directions. I stayed out of the store and left the mattress outside by the back door.

Later I called the Manager trying to see if he had calmed down and to determine what the next course of action was. He was still mad, told me that "he didn't give a damn what I said", "didn't work for me" and "was doing what his District Manager told him to do". I asked him about the disposition of the bedding and whether the MM had finally been able to see it. He told me that he had removed it from store and it had been "stolen".

I did pursue this issue by filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This complaint is still unresolved and will probably remain so. Mattress Warehouse's solution was to admit the box springs had been removed from the store, offer no compensation, refund, or exchange and to suggest that "since this item had been stolen" I should file a complaint with Roanoke City Police!

These items are on my credit card and I do not have the merchandise. Unfortunately, due to the time delay, there is no remedy through the credit card. I can't help but wonder if this delay for the MM was part of Mattress Warehouse's overall strategy?

As a small business owner in the Valley I cannot believe this attitude. There appears to be no thought of customer satisfaction or of reoccurring sales. I personally find this attitude both short sighted and offensive.

Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) at least when dealing with Mattress Warehouse.

Mattress Warehousesold me a product they do not have!

I purchased two twin-extra-long mattress and boxspring sets on 2/7/08. I arranged delivery for 2/14/08. On 2/13/08 (the day before the scheduled delivery), the manager called to tell me that the mattress I had bought and paid cash for was a "special order" and would have to be ordered - THAT DAY (13th) - had not been ordered the day I made the purchase, and that it would take "at least 10 days" to get in. After a bit of discussion, the manager agreed to refund my delivery fee to "make it right". She indicated that I could "stop by any time" for my refund. It's been 10 days - no phone call - so I visit the store (30 minute drive) to inquire and pick up my refund. The sales girl could not tell me where the mattresses/boxsprings are. A phone call placed to the warehouse resulted in her leaving a voicemail to inquire about my mattresses and I was told that only a manager could refund my delivery fee - and, of course, she couldn't tell me when there would be a manager on site. I left empty handed with no information. It's been a couple of hours since I was there and still no phone call (she promised to call me as soon as she heard from the warehouse). I've been without a bed for 2 weeks since I removed my old mattress & boxspring to make room for the new ones. If you fall for one of this company's sales deals - be prepared to be misled and jerked around.

• Bu
              buzzye Aug 20, 2019

Bought a Mattress set on 11 Aug 2019. I didn't pay that much attention to the invoice until I got home. They had charged me $300 plus tax too much. I had to drive approximately 50 miles (round trip) to get the bill straighten out. Was not offered any compensation for my time a mileage Bad way to do business. I'll look elsewhere the next time I buy

• Ru
              russ eisenberg Feb 11, 2019

less the a year old has started to sink refuses to honer warrantee I have made a dozen calls all the way up to Headquters no calls have been reurned and customer service has a terrible attitude I just want and exchange or refund the matress coust in the excess of $1, 200.00

Mattress Jun 03, 2016

Customer reselected another bed (headboard and footboard) which required special order. Reselected product was received from manufacturer in due course, and was delivered to customer and installed at no delivery fee. Reselected product was delivered March 8, 2008.

• Me
              Melissa Pham Jun 03, 2016

I purchased a mattress set accompanied with a headboard and foot board set on 1/6/08. My order was set for delivery on 1/9/08. I received a call on 1/8/08 stating that the bed would be delivered on 1/9/08 but without the accompanying headboard/foot board set due to manufacturer backorder. I stated that I did not want to receive the mattress unless I would be receiving the headboard and foot board within the two week delay due to manufacturer backorder. I was told that I would receive this by 1/23/08 and thus I proceeded with mattress delivery. The first problem was that I waited for delivery and then got a call saying they forgot to load it on the truck. I spent an entire day waiting and then had to take another day off for delivery. This was a small issue but the larger issue came later when 2 weeks later I had received no call on the delivery of my headboard/foot board. I tried calling the store the entire day of 1/24/08 with no answer. I then proceeded to call a different location and was told that they didn't know why I was not informed that they no longer deal with the manufacturer and would be unable to receive the product purchased. I was also told that my sales rep no longer worked for the company and that location had new management. I contacted management on 1/25 and never received a call back. I waited until 1/27 and then went to the store to speak to the manager. The manager of the store told me the computer said the product was on back order and that he could not help me until Monday when he would be able to talk to customer service. I was told I would receive a call back on 1/28/08 from him but I could call customer service myself and try to resolve the issue. I never heard back from management on 1/28 or 1/29. I called customer service on 1/30 and was told that the company no longer worked with the manufacturer and was told I would receive a call from District Management. I did receive a call from the Executive Director of District Management who told me they could o ffer me a different product due to the manufacturer having the product on backorder. I called the manufacturer and was informed the product was not on backorder. Thus, I feel I was again deceived by Mattress Warehouse. However, this was at the Executive District and Corporate level. I have yet to decide whether I will take the substitute offered. I would not have purchased the mattress from them if the headboard and foot board I selected was not carried by them. I am confused as to how the actual manufacturer, corporate customer service and management at an alternative branch can say that they no longer work with the products manufacturer and yet district management and location management say it is on backorder. This has been the worst case of customer service I have ever experienced from any company-especially one that prides themselves in customer service.

Mattress Warehouse at SleepHappens.com — a promised refund check that has not arrived

Mattress Warehouse (SleepHappens.com) - www.sleephappens.com I entered the Mattress Warehouse store in...