Having problems with Mango Airlines?

+27 861 001 234 (Call Centre South Africa)
+27 110 866 100 (Reception JNB International)
+27 218 154 100 (Reception CPT International)
+27 861 010 002 (Guest Care)
+27 861 010 210 (Corporate Help Desk)
+27 861 010 003 (Group Bookings)
+27 861 010 212 (Travel Agent Help Desk)
+27 861 010 214 (Medicals)
+27 861 010 216 (Flight Schedule Changes)
+27 861 010 211 (Refunds)
+27 861 010 217 (Reception South Africa)
Mezzanine Level, Domestic Departure Terminal OR Tambo International Airport
Gauteng
South Africa - 1627

Complaints & Reviews

never again!

Never ever will I or my family and my friends travel with you again!!
On the 28th myself and my husband had a flight with you at 11:10 I had a function to attend in durban at 13:00pm

I left home at 10:10 I live off barbara road so you know the airport is 5 minutes away. Unfortunalty out of my control there was an incident on the road but I made it at the departures section at 10:34 at your damn self service machine which didn't work and wasted 10 minutes of my time the lady standing there tells me to go to the check in counter, my husband myself and my friend run to the counter only to get told that "i missed my flight" however on the over boards I see that my flight is still boarding??? The lady no help and not friendly at all looks me in the eye and tells me I missed my flight and she can put me on stand by. That's it no explanation no procedure advise nothing I explained to her that I am here still have half an hour I really have to be in durban before 13:00 and the board says bording the damn plane did not take off yet!!!

Still no help she doesn't even look at us and says sorry she can put me on a standby and that I should go to the sales counter so we ran there - (Still wasting time) I tell the guy my story and he doesn't even look in the system or call someone to check if I still could go nothing he just says that I must go on a standby - then I try to explain to him I did not intentionally come late I still have half an hour I wasted time at the self service please help me call someone and he doesn't!!! So now im furious and someone comes up behinds him looks and goes to the back my guess his manager and doesn't want to deal with me! He still does nothing but give me attitude and explains to my husband that we have to pay r300 to be on a standby if we get it then I ask him r300 per person or for both and he ignores me then I shout is it for 1 person or both and he refuses to answer and speaks something else I had to bang the counter to get his attention and repeat myself only then he said for both.

Now I have already paid for our seats I am there and the plane is still boarding and I never one heard a final boarding call with our names. But I have to be on a standby and pay r600 more are you damn kidding me!!!

You people are rip offs my husband and my friend saw that and believe me bad news travels people. And I did end up going for the function and everybody asked my why I was late and believe me I left their jaws on the ground explaining how pathetic you people are and im just getting started. I still have hellopeter and the newspaper to go to.

I still enquire if I had to cancel that guys says I will loose the money I paid. I have to say though well done you really know how to knock people off.

Thank heavens I get on the standby which by the way they tell us 10 minutes before departure that we should get on (I was at my original flight 35 minutes early) ???

We get on and im late for my function - we return home the sunday only to find that our bags had been rattled in... !!!

You guys make me sick you lying money stealing ripping off idiots

All this tell me is that you put other people on my seats that where on stand by and therefore declined me - it tells me your [protected]@p story of being the 40 minutes early is nonsense as we were told 10 mins before departing not boarding departing that we could get on and you damn creeps go through my stuff which by the way I didn't have to check in on the saturday but had to check in my bag the sunday and nothing extra was put in my bad to make it 9kg's so either saturday you didn't do your job or sunday either way you failed

I demand a refund - a letter of appology and explainations to all of the above by the 03.09.2010

tampering with luggage

On the 22 September 2011 on a 19h35 flight to JHB on Mango Airlines. The key to the lock on my luggage was tampered with as the key will not open lock. I did'nt think much about it as I thought that the lock maybe faulty. On my return flight on the 25 September 2011 on the 11h20 flight, my luggage looked fine when I collected it as the lock was still on. Upon opening the luggage, I found that the vanity case inside the luggage was opened and the makeup bag inside the vanity case was also opened and my belongings that was packed neatly was all messed up as clearly someone that gone through it looking for something. The zipper on the inside cover was also opened. Fortunately for me nothing was missing however it was an invasion of my privacy. Someone had gone through my things. How can the airline allow this can of thing to happen. I am very irirtated.
Sharmila Singh - [protected]@gmail.com

illtreating elderly passengers

I’m logging a formal complaint against Mango Airlines in regards to the manner in which my Mother-in-law was treated by your cabin crew on Flight JE223 this morning from JNB to DUR at 05:50am.
Booking Reference: JTZWDP
Passenger: Mrs. Neelavathi Moodley
I booked wheelchair assistance 3 weeks ago for my Mother-in-Law, as she is 63 years of age and has had a triple-heart by-pass operation in January 2010.
The staff on this flight (a black gentleman wearing a cream suit), insisted that on arrival at Durban International Airport, that she walk from the plane to get her baggage as there is apparently nothing wrong with her.
After pleading with him and showing him the visible operation scars on her chest, she was refused wheelchair assistance.
She had to ask one of the other cabin crew members to assist, as she began having heart perpetrations from the stress inflicted on her by your Mango Airline Staff on this flight: JE223.
Is this the type of service that the public receives from your Airline which we pay for????
I spoke to Brenda Mashua on [protected], who was very empathetic in dealing with our complaint and re-assured us that this matter will definitely be resolved to our satisfaction.
I urge you to question all the cabin crew on Flight JE223 dated 14th August 2011, as to their misconduct and their refusal to assist the elderly.
I demand an explanation as to why this was done, a simply apology is NOT going to be an adequate resolution to this problem.
Secondly, we have booked a flight from JNB to CPT on the 27th August 2011 – Booking Reference: JVXHNJ
Due to the horrible manner in which Mango Airlines treated my Mother-in-Law this morning on her flight: JE223, we want to cancel my booking flight JE703, we expect a full refund.
This was the first and LAST time that we will ever be using your Mango Airlines to fly anywhere.
We would rather pay more to fly with either Kulula.com or 1Time Airlines, as the staff & cabin crew of these airlines treat ALL passengers (the young & the elderly) with dignity & respect, which does NOT happen when flying with Mango Airlines.
We would like your manager/s to contact us urgently regarding the poor service received from your airline on the following contact numbers:
This complaint has been posted on www.hellopeter.com, so that other passengers who use your airline will be made aware of how the elderly gets treated by Mango Airlines.
Brenda, please ensure that this matter is attended to urgently.

cancellation of confirmed booking

I I booked two flights online from Cape Town to Durban departing on the 05th July booking reference JVBSYM...

theft of luggage after сheck in with mango air

After traveling from Dubai to Johannesburg, my final destination being Durban, I booked the earliest available flight from Johannesburg to Durban. This was via Mango Airlines.

After the 1 hour flight, I arrived at my final destination. It didnt occur to me that the bag was opened and items where taken, I realised this once I reached my hotel room. I was disgusted and the siight when my bag was opened, the airport staff had enough time to go open the double locked bag and take the perfumes, expensive clothing, toiletries bag, my kids gifts were taken & the wrapping left behind, further to this, someone elses old clothing was put into the bag to make the weight seem correct and then relocked.

I immediately contacted ACSA and their response is that its not their concern but rather the airline that operates within their Airport, being mango Airlines. The baggage desk at mango was full of people with the same complaint.They even showed me how the baggage staff open the bags by splitting the zip.

Worldcup 2010 is going to be a good time for these baggage staff if they continue to do this. South African Airlines and Mango Airlines are the main agencies that allow this to occur.

terrible service

My gran & I were due to fly back 2 Johannesburg from Cape town on January 16th at 5:45. We arrived late as my gran who's 84 had trouble walking & we had 2 get help from the owners of the guest house 2 assist us. Arrived at the airport in a state of panic at 5:30, needless 2 say flight was closed. We were referred 2 the guest services desk. Was 'greeted' by THE most unfriendly woman, she didn’t introduce herself & wasn’t wearing a name badge so i don’t hv her name but am sure there shud be a roster of who works when. Asked her if i cud rebook the seats, 4 our flight to Johannesburg. She quoted me R1800 per person 2 Jhb, this is totally ridiculous. I then went to the 1time counter next door where they quoted me R1400 for both my gran & I. How on earth can 1 one way on Mango be R1800 per person?? I was in such a state of panic, this stupid woman at guest services didn’t even try & b sympathetic, she was so eager 2 hand me back my ID so I cud go 2 1Time. PATHETIC service and as a result I now lost that money. I'd like an investigation into this & hv a portion of my monies reimbursed as I feel that had she bn helpful i cudve rebooked, more money 4 Mango & less stress and waste of money 4 me.

• Da
    daliwonga rasmeni Jan 21, 2011

My son lost some valuable atricles from his bag as when we landed at OR Tambo on January 16 from Durban. I had to fork out some more money in replacing those articles. I am not sure if one should still continue to use Kulula Airline ever again.

I tried phoning mango head office but cannot get throug

My wive travelled along with my 8 month old baby from Durban to Johannesburg via Mango. I asked for assistance to help my wive with her handlugage seeing that she had to carry my baby girl, her laptop and the baby's bag on board..We first went to the assigned place (if you need assistance wait here) for help, but they said they don't assist with lugage. Then I went to the Ticket office of Mango were the Lady told me they are under staffed and can not assist her!!! while there were about 8 of them in the office reading magazines!! Eventually a lady from airport security helped my wive!!

This is unacceptable service and if I never in my life have to use Mango again, it will be too soon!!!

I tried phoning Mango head office but cannot get through!!

refuse boarding

I booked flights for the first time for my mum and neice. Mango refused them to board the plane because my neice did not have her birth certificate. No one told me i need to get them to carry identity documents. All the booking consultant told me was that i need to fax my ID and Edgars card to them which they need to take to the airport. They asked my mum at 08h00 to go to the police station and get an affidavit which she did. She comes back with it and is told she still cannot get on the plane.
Mango informed me my money is forfeited and did not even assist me to get them on later flight. Disgusting. First time and last time i will ever consider Mango and definately wont recommend them to anyone!!!

• Tr
    Trisha G Aug 05, 2011

I booked a flight with Mango 2 days ago
    I arrived at the check-in counters 25 minutes before departure and i was refused my boarding pass because apparently check-in was closed. When i mentioned the time and said that there was plenty of time before the plane even left i was told that this flight didnt have much passengers therefore they closed early and couldnt wait for anyone else. Since when does a passenger not have a say because there were few passengers onboard?
    Whether there's one one or 10 passengers that's boarding a flight, we all have an equal right to get on that plane because we all paid.
    There were 4 passengers left behind that day because some staff members wanted to leave early and ofcourse we were told that nothing could be done and that we lost our money because "we should learn from our mistake and not be late" even though we weren't really late. While i agree that 40 minutes before departure is the check-in time, we cannot control traffic and road works and not everyone has time to waste, sitting in an airport 2 hours before your flight. Some of us have things to do. The people at the boarding gates were willing to let people go through if you had your boarding pass but thanks to a few incompetant lazy workers, we didnt have ours
    Mango has lost 4 customers and possibly more because alot of people will be hearing about this incident.
    Trisha

overbooking of flights and no response

I booked my ticket about 2 months ago to fly from JBG to Durban return this pass weekend. However on Sunday when I arrived at the Durban airport to check in for my flight(6pm). However the flymango team leader told me that their flights are overbooked. They could not apologise and acted as if it is my fault the plane is overbooked. Niether could they give me a time when I could be departing from the airport. I requested to speak to the manager(Christo), which the team leader totally refused. Myself and my husband had to sit at the airport for a standby flight which we eventually got at 9:30.

Mangos behaviour is totally unacceptable as in situations like these, we have to face the consequenes. I finally only arrived at home at 12:30.

On monday, I phoned and laid a complaint with Mango(reference number JBDNMB) and they confirmed they will investigate the situation and give me feedback tomorrow.. However today is wednesday and still no feedback or apologies on this issues?

don't book with mango unless your life is perfect and nothing in the world will upset your travels plans

In England, the cheap airlines make money by having excessive penalties for too much luggage. In South Africa things are different.

I bought 3 one-way tickets from Mango on 29 August 2009. Plans have changed (as they do!) and one person is no longer joining us. Unfortunately Mango does not do refunds. To me that is unreasonable and poor business practice. It is understandable that people shouldn't be able to cancel at the last minute penalty-free.

In my case, I would have cancelled more than 40 days before. Surely it is reasonable to get a refund then? What rationale other than greed is there for not allowing someone a refund under those circumstances. They will be able to sell the ticket. Also, to change the name on the ticket if I sold it would be an extra R130. This makes it even more difficult to sell a ticket without making a significant loss. So how does Mango make money...

I want a refund because this is bad business practice and it will in any event have to change when the Consumer Protection Act comes into force.

bad service and attitude and o response after a month and still waiting

I submitted the below complaint on the 30.08.2010 and todate no response,
Never ever will I or my family and my friends travel with you again!!

You guys make me sick you lying money stealing ripping off idiots

I will get you that incompetant idiots name that gave me attitude as I have written it down and he still had the damn nerve to back chat at me when I left the counter and I turn around to ask him what he was saying and he ignored my what customer service is this??? Also when we had to come back to wait for a stand by my husband was in the line to tell them we here this idiot was open at his computer and ask if he was open he say no he is busy with something as soon as the other lady was free and call my husband this damn fool called the next customer!!!Whats that???

No later that friday

Jamie ballaram

[protected]

[protected]@hotline.Co. Za

• Th
    Thulls Apr 18, 2016

This is In fact a Compliment regarding one of ur check in clerk Nangomso Mtirharha myself and my partner boarded a plane from PE and we had our own personal issues to an extent that we were not on speaking terms. We got to this lady's counter she was so friendly and from nowhere cracked a joke that myself and partner forgot that we were at loggerheads. Big up girl...ur smile measure a lot to someone

I am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old pug puppy

I am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old Pug Puppy - Puggles in Cape...