Makro Onlineonline system - poor/no product

T Feb 07, 2020

I'm writing this complaint with the utmost disgust for what's going on at Makro Online center.

After I placed my order and seeing that there was no progress I decided to dig deeper and find out what's really going on in this company. After further research on Hellopeter and this site I have come to realize that this company is incompetent and completely failing their customers in so many ways that this needs to be escalated to a point where Makro either shuts down its non performing online department.
I placed an order which stated it would be ready in 5-7 days for store collection. After two weeks I received no communication, despite having to wait over ten mins for the call center to answer.

After numerous calls they informed me that NO store has the item in stock. Yesterday I received a call stating that there is one item at the store but the box is opened and I must go to the store inspect it and see if I'm happy.
Iv checked other Massmart Holding stores and they have the item in stock, why is this a problem and why should I have to wait and now accept an open printer?

There are countless complaints of the company not fulfilling their online orders and I cant understand why up to now these issues have not been resolved and the online department is surviving.
After reading these complaints I feel we as consumers need to stop this unethical "service" by reporting this to the CPA.

order #MAK2357048

• Makro Online Customer Care's Response · Feb 10, 2020

Good day Thenan,

Thank you for your review on our Complaints Board platform, we do apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused.

We take all our customer requests seriously and assure you that this matter will be our priority.

Kindly note that we are currently liaising with the relevant departments and senior management regarding your complaint and will be sure to revert with feedback. Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience caused and service received.

Hope you find the above in order.

Kind regards,