Majic Windowhorrible treatment with their employees!

Majic windows is a horrible company. Hard work means nothing to them. The General Manager and just about anyone else in the company of authority are all family hire on's-inlaws of Rod Rue the owner who married a bulldyke who left him with the intent on taking him to the cleaners. He only keeps them on so he will not have to give them a real wage and so he can keep the woman happy. The GM instructs workers to lie, promotes only his party buddies and friends and treats everyone else like dirt. Rod Rue is a good man but is married on family are trash. He has very little if no idea what is even going on with his company and if he did he would have a heart attack. I would not buy anything from this company.

RESOLVED

• Za
    ZannaB Sep 06, 2016

The Majic Windows representative Zack knocked on my door today.After answering the door and realizing it was a sales pitch I politely said that I a not interested in anything he has to offer, just to save time for both of us. He became very pushy and rude. As he walked away from my door I heard him mumbling B" word. I called the company and after sharing my experience to one of their phone operators by name Eve, she told me they have right to knok on the door unless I have "no solisiting" sign, sorry for your trouble and hanged up the phone.
    ???
    Am I missed something in translation Majic Windows? One of your sales representatives knocked on my door and insulted me in my own house. And everything you have to say, Sorry for your trouble.
    Well, now that I have had this kind of experience with your shady comany and read all the negative reviews I would never even concider to hire you. I wish you happy going out of business. Frankly consumers have a power to choise the best, and you just proved to me that you are the worst, and the best thing it didn't cost me a
    penny. Shame on you Majic Windows, Zack and Eve. I an going to put No Soliciting on my door, just to keep you away from it. Goodluck in collecting unemployment.

Rockitdog08 Apr 09, 2016

Majic Window not only needs to be investigated regarding their (lack of) business acumen, but their treatment of their employees. The owner Rod Rue, brother and President, Bart Rue, and General Manager Allen Brooks are incompetent - at best! This company is a distributor - not a manufacturing nor engineering company! They install windows from Inline of Canada - whatever Inline has on hand and ships. No research regarding Northern Hemisphere product design and engineering specifications for proper glass requirements. Once my final checked cleared, the Lifetime Guarantee for my continued air leaking (50F) Bay and Kitchen windows isn't worth the powder to blow it up! Avoid this company at all costs! Already filed formal written complaints, with 30 pages of documentation to Mort Crim Communications, the BBB of SE Michigan and the Michigan Attorney General.

Michael Haberlein Mar 09, 2016

Yesterday, March 7, sales people from Majic Windows were soliciting in the Hall Meadows Condominium Association in Macomb Township despite the fact that there are NO SOLICITING SIGNS posted at the entrance.

This is the second time I have had to write to Majic Windows about soliciting in one of the properties we manage (over 60 in the metro area).

Stay the hell out of these condos . . . . we have already recommended our Boards NOT to approve any windows from Majic or any other of your products because you do not follow the posted rules.

Residents called the police and evidently someone in Macomb Township authorized a permit to enter the community. I don't care who gave them a permit, stay OUT!

Michael Haberlein
    Association Management
    [protected]

• Te
    Terrence Atkins Feb 24, 2016

Rip off!!! November 2013 we had Majic contracted to remove mold (using a fogger) in the attic and blow in Owens fiber glass, along with adding ridge vents in the soffits. Today I am having my roof torn apart, because mold returned due to inadequate ventilation, which Majic was supposed to fix. It was time for a new roof anyway (shingles), but the OSB wood in the front of our house (1, 100 sq ft) could not be saved. The contractor I'm using took pics of the attic to show the the insulation was never blown in where the roof meets the soffits (Ceiling drywall was still exposed), and the baffles used in the attic we sub-par (incorrect length). All Majic work we paid for. Also, insulation was blown into the baffles clogging them up. So here we sit, paid $6, 600, over 8K after interest, only to have the attic redone. Thanks Majicless.

Comments

Rockitdog Feb 10, 2016

Recently installed kitchen and bay windows leak like a seive. Glass was installed at 0.22 SHGC ... Southern Hemisphere requirements. Northern Hemisphere requires 0.6 SHGC. DUH! Gas bills have increased 25% since installation. Everything has been documented. February 2016.

• Dk
    DKrank Oct 12, 2015

I marked this complaint as unhelpful only, because I just recently had windows installed from Majic. Up until recently I wasn't sure why there was so much negativity surrounding Majic, but then I saw this post...http://www.hansons.com/Majic_Windows.htm It all clicked. Majic doesn't even offer vinyl and yet Hansons is slamming Majic through a video that doesn't even relate to them. They make a bunch of false claims. It's clear other window companies are slamming each other online. It's hard to know who to trust, but I can tell you I was absolutely 100% satisfied with my purchase. The salesman was very friendly, the installation went smoothly, and these new windows are awesome.

Comments

• Tj
    TJ Greer Oct 06, 2015

I purchased a home in 2013 which had the windows replaced in 2007 from Majic Windows.. We noticed when it rained water in the sills and that the sills were damaged from moisture and I guess this is why.. The previous owner told us that they replace them with the best windows out there.. We have rented all our lives so didn't know any better.. This was our first home.. We called Majic Windows and told them that we purchased the home in 2013 and the previous homeowner told us that she purchased windows with them and it had a 50 year warranty.. They told me that I had to pay them 100.00 to transfer the warranty and then pay 76.00 for them to come out and inspect the windows to see if they would be warrantied and that they don't pay for molding or trim, or screens, we would have to pay extra for that.. I asked why we had to pay for the warranty to be transferred, shouldn't it come with the house and they said not that it goes with the previous homeowner because they paid for it????? What??? I said, they didn't take the windows with them and they said that they would come out if we pay them 176.00... I think this is horrible.. What is a warranty worth if you have to pay for it and a service call if it is obviously a warranty issue.. I didn't do anything to the window to make it leak..
    We called another company and when they first came up they said that whoever installed our windows did not put flashing around them so that is why it is leaking... You should see our sills, they are basically ruined and of course they don't pay for that, we have to pay for the damage to the sills and trim and molding that goes around the window extra..
    Another company won't touch the windows so now we have to have them replaced and it is going to cost us 7000.00... I am so stressed out!!!

• Am
    Amy Ticknor Jan 08, 2015

I bought 3 windows from them in 2011. Within 2 months my cat fell from the second story when the screen came out. Their reply was there's a warning not safe and I'd have to pay 180.00 for a new screen. Now I feel air coming through and for them to come out it's 75.00. I'm past the two years. I'd never buy from them again.

• W7
    W73 Sep 18, 2014

Thanks for all of your reports! My husband saw Magic Windows advertised on TV and also received ads in mailings, he ask me to check it out. Well I checked it out and thanks to ALL of the BAD Complaints I would NEVER LET THEM IN THE DOOR, regardless that we need replacement windows. I do not like hard sells tactics and that turns me off to the point that even if it was a fantastic product, I WOULD NOT Sign a contract!!! A BIG THANKS for taking the time to post.

Michigan PI Dec 20, 2013

Horrible treatment by their sales people too. I find it quite ironic that Keith Wysocki (the first comment / response on this thread) was bashing Majic like he did, especially considering HE WORKS FOR MAJIC AND WAS OUR SALESMAN!!!
    I have been around for a while and seen some pretty pushy and obnoxious sales people but Keith tops them actually getting demeaning toward my wife and I. Also, he put a big scratch in out BRAND NEW counter top (less than 2 weeks old) and claimed that it was a crappy counter because it scratched so easy. OR - Maybe it was that big screw hanging under the sample window frame you d-bag.
    It is funny how he was selling Majic's awesome warrantee as the greatest thing since the cotton gin
    yet bashes it here.
    Majic has an "OK" product. Not the Cadillac that they try to sell it as, but their sales strategy is borderline criminal using "bullying" tactics if they can't close the deal. Additionally, their price is about 30% higher than a true Cadillac window installation.
    Needless to say, we did not sign with Majic.

Mariekuchen Oct 21, 2013

We did not go with Majic for windows, but their salesmen are in our neighborhood every two weeks knocking on my door. Very annoying. We have a WeatherGard sign in our yard currently because we chose their company, and the Majic salesman told me our siding looked bad, could they do that? Insulation? Anything? I almost asked him to come finish the dishes he interrupted me doing. I'm sick if them coming to my door every other week.

• Ti
    Tim Em. Oct 14, 2013

I agree, They stated when they came out they would give service if needed. Well we did need service, rain was comming in around our doorwall. We called they said that will be $100.00 for a service call. Not even 4 years after they were installed. Rot in _ _ _ _. Never again I tell all my friends who are looking. The FiberGlass doors are nice. Installation sucks!

• Ke
    keith wysocki Sep 19, 2013

My complaint is on this site I have tried numerous times to remove a complaint and they won't ### blog site so here I go again trying to remove a complaint and no action again
    My opinion look at products not ### personalities

• On
    One person Sep 11, 2013

Just had Majic out for an estimate. No pressure to buy right (not). I'm one person and needed to study numbers with my fixed income. You can't because they can't leave paperwork. Left me sour to company.

• Tt
    T T Livonia Aug 03, 2013

I had someone knock on my door and offer me a quote the next day for the siding. He said they'd be in the neighborhood giving a few other neighbors a quote and would I like one. I scheduled it for 7pm and lo and behold ... no one ever came. At 7:15 I went back to check on my dinner which I had put in the oven at 7 so it would cook while I was getting my quote. I missed a call at 7:17 but when I listened to it, it was only a message saying to call them back. I assumed I would have had a message saying their sales guy was running late or maybe just to confirm that I remembered the appt, but nothing. So I immediately called back and after going thru various voice mail options, chose customer service. After waiting on hold for almost 5 minutes, I called back and chose another option and then left a message. No one ever called me back. I guess I'm "lucky" that I saw the problem with them before I ever signed a check! If there are this many problems early on when they're trying to get my business, I can't imagine what I would have had to go thru if I had decided to contract them.

• LifeRyder Dec 03, 2012

Residing in Wyandotte with a home built in 1924 and have 'Fiberglas Windows' throughout the house, purchased and installed by Majic. Windows. They were costly, but I have not yet had problems. Started with two units at back of the house, then last year replaced the other eight. Both crews on installers were good, timely and knew what they were doing.

My bone of contention is that now siding should really be replaced. So having been a satisfied customer, I have been contacted by Majic Window for a 'free estimate and good for one year.' After running the figures and options, the salesperson stated that the 'one year price quote' was not at it seems. The price for the job started as the 'top of the product line with the exclusive clip system (used only by Majic Windows) and seamless siding. Using a 3/4" Owens-Corning ridged foam board backer, completed for the amount of over twenty thousand ($20k+). After listening to the proposal then working on the price (by changing from the seamless due to having no long runs that would justify the cost), it came in at fourteen thousand-five hundred ($14.5k)...BUT to keep that proposal would require a deposit of about thirty percent (30%). The salesman had to make two trips, due to partners vs my work schedules, which he did w/o a problem. That cut into his 'commission rate' of ten percent (10%) of total job cost, if 'full price proposal was accepted', which would have yield two thousand ($2k), not bad for a retired autoworker. The commission rate (wage) declines with each pricing restructure. Then the salesperson also had lower his 'incentive' by fifty percent (50%) to help, so his compensation will be four hundred and thirty-five ($435) instead of the what previous 'full rate' could have been.

Still at sixty years of age, do I really feel comfy spending that? That amount owed on the house is thirty-five ($35k) and the new windows about three thousand-seven hundred ($3.7k)? How much working life does one have? Will I ever retire, probably not; BUT then again who would hire someone as beat up as I am and pay a wage to met obligations?

It's all about the money. Sad, isn't it.

• Di
    Disapointed in Michigan Nov 09, 2012

Bought these windows and paid top dollar. Decided on them because spokesman was a former TV Anchor that we thought we could trust.
    Have had to have tech out twice...and each time had to pay $75 for them to come out and look at the problem with their windows.

First time...the side sliders kept coming lose when the window was opened...and it slid down preventing the window from opening too far. Also had to take out one screen and could not get it back in (they are ridiculously hard to get back). Tech came out for $75...put the screen back in and pulled out the slider...twisted it a little bit and put it back in...and it happened again after he left.

Now yet another problem...the clip that you pull down to bring out the window to clean broke and then I could not slide the window back to lock. On another slider window...I could not slide back the window the lock without pushing on the window to get it to lock.
    He said the piece that holds the window together came loose and he would replace...and the same thing on the other one! Oh...and that screen...had to have him put back in again. He informed me that the half screens are easier...but the salesman asked me what kind...I wanted...full or half without mentioning that...and we chose the full screen because we thought it would be easier...it is not!

So for almost $10, 000...and $150 more they have finally honored their 'lifetime' warranty replacing their parts on these faulty...poorly made windows. What they don't tell you is that these windows are not worth the money...and the repair fees are a scam.

DO NOT BUY THEM!

• 03
    03sonicstang Oct 22, 2012

So I had magic window ls over for a bid on new windows. The owner came to bid the project as he claimed his sales person was out, in hindsight they most likely quit. The first thing he states is "wow did you win the lotto"? I said no why? "Well because you're getting new windows". I guess I did not realize you needed lotto money for new windows. Then he asked if I had an hour for a presentation. Mind you this is before he even bids the job. I say no I really don't and he said " have a good day" and walks away. I don't know about everyone but time is a precious commodity in my life. With three kids, a house and a business to run I don't have time to hear how great your company is. Now if the price was close I would make the time.

My house has three different size windows and would be easy to bid but this guy wasn't having it. Not to mention he rolled up in a new escalade XL ( about 70k) so someone is making some cash!

I cannot imagine working with a.company like this. Just be careful out there, as I would not trust him as far as I could throw him!

Marhay Oct 11, 2012

Had someone come to our door to offer us an appointment for an estimate. A salesperson came out to give us an estimate. He was the rudest most arrogant salesperson we have ever delt with. If this is who they hire to represent their company I would never buy from Majic Windows.

• Re
    regulatorfix Oct 11, 2012

We initially bought a bay window replacement, since I like fiberglass over vinyl.
    Install and product went good.
    Ordered later a few more, including slider.
    Quality (hinges, handles) lower (admitted they don't make the 'good' ones anymore).
    Service right after was good (quite a few things and several visits).
    Replaced ALL other windows a while later.
    All together ca. $25, 000

Salesmen always follow up nicely, and if anything needs to done; mentioned the few smaller things, but offered to wait to combine service.

Called now that another handle broke (they are ALL junk plastic), and initial defect from installation (inside corner cut into seal, ripped) needs to be done.

Now (Install 2/2010) they demand $75 service charge for their lifetime warranty.

Conclusion: lots of effort on high pressure sales, lots of effort to 'upsell' (at least 10 calls to sell from vinyl siding to insulation to gutters). ZERO, NADA, NO service once they are 'done' with you.

Make sure to call them EVERY MONTH during their '2 year' after the sale, even if the window just needs a drop of oil.

• Pa
    pauline getzie Jul 18, 2012

We put a down payment down on windows from Majic in May. Have not heard from them or the salesman - except to want to add $1800 to almost a $12, 000 charge. Tried reaching the company -- phone was always busy -- called the salesman and left a message no return as of yet. My questionn is -- Does anyone know how we can get our money back and cancel these Majic windows?????

• Bo
    Boysiv Jun 25, 2012

I purchased magic windows for my house 7 years ago and while I love the product and the retractable screens; the service sucks. The screens are now starting to break, I have 2 windows with seal breaks and 1 window that has a hole in it that was our fault. I want to pay for a replacement, but I can't even get service for that. I'm afraid that I will just have to start replacing them with another product which really makes me sick because I too was swayed by the warranty promise. Stay away from magic windows, not because the product is bad, but because there is no customer support and they aren't worth the headache!

• Ru
    russell77 Jan 30, 2017

@Boysiv Majic Window Company does not sell windows with retractable screens. That MAGIC is a window manufacturer, not related in any way to MAJIC Window Company, they manufacture vinyl (plastic) windows, hence the seal breaks.

Rook3168 Apr 15, 2012

Alan brooks is a uneducated man who only has the job he does because he is related to family. In fact most of the people working there would be working at mcdonalds if they didn't have family there all uneducated. I had someone come to my house and beg me to let them give me a quote for siding. I told them I already had someone but they promised they could beat the price. So I made an appointment the next day at 11 am. What do you know nObody showed up. When I called I was told that the lady was to busy to call me. Guess what I spent my whole morning sitting around waiting for you and nobody called nobody apologized. When I tried getting Allen to call he tried once left a message and never tried again. I left several messages. If you can't get customer service to get a order how do u think they will treat you once they have your money.

• Go
    Good JuJu Apr 10, 2012

I will play devils advocate. I had ordered windows and had them installed in my house and my rental. They did an excellent job! Showed up on time, worked diligently and were knowledgeable. I did have a problem about 3 months later with some trim. I called customer service and they sent a repairman out 2 days later and solved the issue. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered me 4 tickets for my husband and I, along with our children to go see a family movie, Nice Gesture!! Well Done! Great Service, patience is the key, offer them up a pitcher of some southern sweet and you are in!!! I cant be more happy than when the lady of the week stops buy, !!! I think some people like to grouch because they are just unhappy and want to exude thay have been cheated.
    ****************** Karka, Karkm, Karkm****** Though are a heartless ###!!! ****************

• Se
    sensibleopinions Dec 15, 2011

Wow! Reading all these comments about a company I used to work for is amazing. I do have to say I'm in agreement as I did work in the office with Alan Brooks for a long time. I'm not an ex-employee bashing because I was "wronged" or anything, I left on my own accord. However, I must throw in the fact that none of the people that run the place have a conscience and no, Rod does not know half the crap that his so called "family" pulls, but that is his own fault. It's sad too, because in the end, it's his name that will be drug through mud. But at the same token, none of those so called "family members" that run Majic Window obtained their jobs on merit.

• Fe
    fedup0711 Sep 28, 2011

Horrible! In the process right now of getting the run around from Majic. No one ever returns calls, no one is EVER in the office. I have left several messages, all the way up to the GM, and still have not rec'd a call back. They were quick to cash my check though - it's been 5 weeks and still no work done. I just wish I would have checked the reviews prior to giving them money. Run as fast as you can away from this company! If at least one person listens to this, then I've saved them a huge headache dealing with these people.

rob44 Sep 22, 2011

I work for majic and I do understand where all of you are comming from. They do play favorites and the people in the office are shady ### who have no heart. I do want to say this tho that not all installers are bad the guy I work for and I take pride in what we do. sometimes problems do occur and it takes a few trys to get it right but every company goes through that. i would have to say tho if you are looking to buy windows from us do your researh and dont let the heartless ### sales people rip you off.

• Cl
    CLS MAJIC IS A JOKE Aug 25, 2011

I only wish I came across this comment page before my dad sigmed his contract... My father is hanicap and needed a shower tub put in. So on march 26, 2011 deposit was made towrds a 5235 dollar job. Was suppose to be instulled april 25, 2011. oh problem with measurements ect. finally came out on july 19 and completely removed all working plumbing and tour out bath tub to the wood in the floor . ran into a mesurment problem once again and as of todaay aug 24 my father is with out a shower in his home. They will not return his drposit due to "he is not intiled to it" we have a lawyer and had some one out today who said they got thereself into something they cant fix now it will cost my dad 10, 000 to have his bahroom fixed due to their mistake they wont admit. They are rude and hang up on me.
    I talked with there lawyer who had no idea ofthe situation..he was just told my dad refused to make payment on a finished job. i was like what they guuted my dads bathroom and nothing has been done in months!
    BEWARE DO NOT go with MAJIC.

• Ho
    HONESTLIL Jul 07, 2011

ITS SCAREY!!! THIS COMPANY SENT A SALES MAN TO MY HOUSE THAT SAT FOR 4HOURS TILL HE GOT ME TO SIGN THAT STUPIED CONTRACT. HE NEVER WOULD EXPLAIN THE FINACING, , JUST WOULD SAY THAT HE HAD TO RUN A CREDIT CHECK FIRST. I DIDN'T WANT TO FINNCE WITH THEM IF THE INTEREST WAS HIGH. IT WAS OVER A HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND THE THREE DAYS PASSEDTO CANCEL CONTRACT AND I HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THE FINACING AND HOW MUCH I WOULD BE PAYINBG A MONTH. LOW AND BEHOLD 7 DAYS AND THIS DIM WIT CALLS FROM HER CAR AND SAYS SHE WANTS ME TO SIGN PAPERS. THE INTEREST RATE IS SO HIGH AND I GET THIS OFF THE WALL CHARGE CARD THAT THEY SEND YOU AND WANT YOU TO PUT THE COST OF WINDOWS 8, 000
    O9N THIS CHARGE CARD!!! I REFUSED AND SAID I'M GETTING A LAWYER. THEY SAID I SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH THEM.
    WE ALL NEED TO GO AFTER THIS COMPANY... ITS BAD BUSINESS AND THEY DON'T WASTE TIME CASHING YOUR DEPOSIT CHECK AND NOT RETURNING IT. I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE WINDOWS FINACED AND THEY HAVE ME IN A COLLECTIONS WITH A LAW SUIT
    HUM... BEWARE PEOPLE OF MAGIC WINDOWS AND THAT MANAGER BROOKS!!

• En
    EnerBankSucks Jun 18, 2011

We ordered 3 windows and 1 door-wall from Majic Windows. The windows 3 windows opened from the wrong side, quite possibly because the window manufacturer put the stickers on upside down. I called Majic Windows' President and asked for a refund. He knocked $500 off of the price! We settled for that. The installation job was a fiasco! Those dolts got mus and broken glass all over our house. It took a major cleanup after they were done. Some trim was very irregular and a windowsill sustained major damage that had to be repaired by a private contractor we paid for on our own. And, the finance company, EnerBank is a real piece of work. Their contract contained some undecipherable verbage that resulted in a massive amount of hidden charges and illegal charges. We are currently in preparing for a lawsuit with this company; more extra out-of-pocket expenses because of Majic Windows! We like our new windows, but we now question if it was worth it because of all the other little problems. Majic Windows; we used them because they were the only local window company with the type of windows we wanted. EnerBank: BEWARE !!! Stay away from this finance company! They are still doing the shady deals that got the Wall Street Bankers in trouble! Stay far away from EnerBank! BEWARE !!!

• Un
    UNHAPPY _CUSTOMER Mar 04, 2011

I totally agree>>>>>>>>>when i purchased these windows one of the things that swayed my decision to go ahead and buy from them was the "LIFETIME GUARRANTY" my a**!!! i have had someone come out and fix the SAME window with the SAME problem three times. I called them to come and fix it for the FOURTH ime and was told i had to pay $75.00 ??? FIX the problem CORRECTLY the FIRST time and you wouldn't have to come back. it"s crazy that I have to pay for them to fix a problem that they can't seem to fix the first time. DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS COMPANY at all. they do not know what customer appreciation and satisfaction is!

Angry Customer Dec 13, 2010

My boyfriend has had so much trouble getting his windows fixed. He just had them put in, 2009 they messed up the installation so bad they leak cold air. Not just one window but all of them and the one window in the master bedroom leaks really bad at the seems you can see the light outside, it literally is so cold polar bears would love it in there, we stopped sleeping in there it got so cold.. The front window pushes in if you lean on it. Calling people to come look at this problem is bs.. now every time i call the phone line is busy wth gives.. Spoke to some jerk named Allan Brooks and boy was he very anal to say the least. i bet his windows in his house don't leak. YOU BUY CHEAP CRAP AND SUFFER. WITH ALL THE MONEY ED SPENT ON THESE WINDOWS YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE AND BETTER INSTALLATION. bad business ..

• Pe
    Ped OFF Oct 18, 2010

I have also had nothing but problems with this company. They are rude and have no intentions to satisfy customers. They are the priciest company around and all they want is your money. SHADY SHADY SHADY. I got a quote from weatherguard and it was $5000 less than majic. I called majic to tell them that I did not want to go through them and all they could say is you have a contract with us. I was never informed that I had only 3 days to cancel my contract and now I am in a fight to get this canceled. I told them that I cannot get the loan for the windows and again they said you have a contract with US. We can charge you anyways. I called the customer service and they said I had to talk to the salesman. WHY? Dont they have an acct manager? The lady said "I am just a receptionist and I cant help you" rudely I must add. I called the salesman and he never even called me back after 3 messages left for him. Now I have an attorney who advised me not to speak to the company at all. They will get whats coming to them for ripping people off. I have heard nothing but complaints about them. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST!! I did not and now I'm paying for it with aggravation.

• Wh
    Whistler719 Jul 08, 2010

Majic Windows was real good about showing up at my house to sell me their products, but as far as quality workmanship? The person responsible for installing our siding trim actually told my husband to finish it himself! Now, the trim is falling off of my house, and the windows have locks that don't meet the standards advertised. All the screws in the lock mechanisms are stripped.
    I am just curious...how did that Majic Windows salesman know I had just received a loan to perform improvements on my home? Hmmmm.

Ronda in Tecumseh Jun 08, 2010

I called Majic Windows today to ask to have someone come and check the tension in my windows. 2 of the 11 windows are fine, but the others take 2 strong arms to lift to open. Their reponse? They wanted to charge me $75 to have someone come and look at them. So much for a life time guarantee. Next time I won't buy Majic windows.

• Ml
    mlw May 21, 2010

I also have had nothing but problems with this company!!! From getting tossed around from person to person to get matters solved. I even had a repair man out and he said "oh yeah, that salesman will lie just to get a sale" ( John Stover-sales person). I have had a repair man to my house 3 times, once to see the problem, once to install a new lock(did'nt fit and had to re-order), then again for the new order part and STILL did'nt fit!!! So after 3 days off NOT paid sitting and waiting for them to get their crap together it is STILL NOT FIXED!!! I left a message for the general manager Alan Brooks and imagine this he did NOT call me to even find out what the problm was. SO HERE I GO AGAIN :( THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. I would contact the owner Rod Rue but even the employers tell me I will NEVER reach him. I am still going to fight this battle even if I have to get a lawyer involved!!! I WILL WIN!!!

MI3344 Sep 21, 2009

WOW...is Hanson's or Wallside hiring people to trash other companies? Every company has it's ups & downs at some point. I've heard & dealt with them as a customer. I am very satisfied with my new windows & salesman who sold them to me. I think it's great that he hired family to run the company...who doesn't hire family when you have your own business? Family - you can trust, others - you have to wonder & take a while to fully trust.

• We
    We the people Apr 20, 2009

LEARN TO BE MORE PATIENT MY ###, THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT YOUR MONEY, IF YOU EVEN DID WAS BECAUSE YOU WENT CRAWLING BACK TO HIM. ITS EXACTLEY HOW YOU PUT IT THE FIRST TIME THE COMPANY TREATS YOU LIKE ### IF YOU LEAVE AND DOESNT PAY YOU ANY MONEY OWED PERIOD.
    ITS FUNNY TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS AFTER YOU LEAVE AND WERE WRONGED, THEN THE TUNE CHANGES HEN YOU COME BACK TO THE "SHADY COMPANY".

• Th
    The Person Nov 28, 2008

Funny how you say very shady at best. If this is the case then that has to make you very shady at best. Doesnt seem to me you work at a company for three years and sell over three million dollars worth of this companys product all the while raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars with no issues for three years. Then all of the sudden you no longer work for them and they instantly become shady at best. I am sure you didnt recceive the money you say is owed for a reason. Maybe the last three years while you were selling all this product for the company you forgot that uncle sam still gets his and you havent been giving him his. Now they finally contact the company and put a hold on any money owed since it isnt really your money. Just thought I would chime in.

• Ke
    keith wysocki Oct 31, 2008

The state of michigan needs to investigate these guys. IF YOU PURCHASE FROM THEM I WILL GUARANTEE YOU ONE THING AND ITS
    NOT A GOOD WARRANTY. I CAN GAURANTEE YOU ONE THING NO SERVICE THATS FOR SURE.

JUST CHECK THE BBB THEY DON'T LIE